PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Boaters

BoulderX45
02-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Can anybody give me any information about Banks Lake? I may be planning a stay at the Sun Banks Lake Resort this July. I heard this side of the lake may have some wind issues. If true, any ideas on Banks lake?

BoulderX45

dapicatti
02-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Sorry, haven't been there since I was a kid- many moons ago. It is in the desert- wind is always a possibility. Hopefully someone else can help.
Where do you normally ride?

BoulderX45
02-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Lake Tapps in Sumner Washington. This lake is drained during the winter so I'm using Lake Washington. Do you ride in the Seattle area?

BoulderX45
02-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Just checked out your X2 pictures, nice looking boat. What lake are you at with the grass in the back ground, Eastern Oregon? What dock is that? I could not figure out the back ground but the water looks awesome!

dapicatti
02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
We live in Eastern Washington, usually ride the Columbia River near Vantage. The Lake with the grass is Lake Chelan; the dock picture is on the Columbia River near Richland. We like the Columbia because you can always find good water. Even if its busy, you can still find your own spot.

WAT8415
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I grew up in Grand Coulee where Banks Lake is. Next to Sunbanks Resort is a small section of Banks Lake that is cut off from the rest of the lake by the road. My old roommate and his family had a ski school there. If it is windy then just load up the boat drive about 8 miles to Spring Canyone Resort on Lake Roosevelt, the lake formed from Grand Coulee Dam. You can always find someplace along the 150 miles. My family still lives in Electric City where Sun Banks Resort is. If you want more information send me an email.