PDA

View Full Version : She's just not "happy"

lakes Rick
01-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Well it just doesn't stop..

Patty's Co-worker announced today she just wasnt happy when Patty confronted her at work when some strange guy came in and picked her up.... OH and the new guy is "just a friend"... Yeah right.....

Patty and I have had dinner with her and her husband. Real nice guy good dad ( 3 young kids) and now he is going to be handed a bill for child support and alimony, lose his house, have his family taken from him, and all because "she just isn't happy.. Should be a law against this crap.......

JimN
01-12-2005, 11:31 PM
What happens if he makes the first move, or has she already filed?

bcampbe7
01-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Too late for a P.I.? Or would that even help?

lakes Rick
01-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Guys NONE of this matters.. The womens rights groups pushed the NO fault divorce.. She can do whatever she wants and still get it all cause family law is totally biased to the women..

If you havent been there you have NO idea how screwed you are for having a Pee nis........

MarkP
01-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Rick

You always paint such a rosy picture,:love: . I’m glad I don’t live in your “real world”:woohoo: !!

Farmer Ted
01-13-2005, 02:29 PM
well if he wants custody of his kids he needs to go get them (as long as there isn't any court paperwork saying who has custody) and sequester them. Then he needs to file a protective order against his wife since she's probably abusing him physically and verbally

once he's done that, he has a better chance of retaining custody.

It's not completely unheard of for fathers to get custody, I have full custody and control of my child and I was told every step of the way I was foolish for pursuing it, that no judge in Louisiana would grant a father custody, blah blah blah

the times are a changing my man.

he can sit there and be a chump or he can turn the tables on his soon to be ex because as soon as she lawyers up that's what she'll do

if you know his name why don't you call him and give him a heads up, I know I'd want to get a call from someone who cares versus finding out about it the other way

east tx skier
01-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Don't forget to talk to all the good family lawyers in the area. You don't have to hire them, but once you talk to them, she can't hire them.

JimN
01-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Sounds like it's time for the men in the country to lobby for divorce law reform.

Ric
01-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Don't forget to talk to all the good family lawyers in the area. You don't have to hire them, but once you talk to them, she can't hire them.
didnt I see that in a movie recently?

east tx skier
01-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I still don't understand what the "no fault" part of the law has to do with who gets what. Maybe its a difference in the laws in Texas versus Oregon. Maybe its the difference in the way things work on paper as opposed to how they work in the real world (entirely likely).

In Texas, community property is subject to a fair and equitable split (50/50) unless (1) you have a prenuptial agreement (with the result being that there basically isn't any community property), or (2) one of the parties was at fault as that's spelled out in the Family code (in which case the party that's not at fault can get more of the community property). All the stuff you acquired before you were married as well as things that are given to you alone by gift or devise is separate property and can't be divided). Courts aren't supposed to consider gender when awarding custody, but I don't doubt that they do.

Bottom line. I don't think changing the law is the answer. The law says it's supposed to be fair, and if it's not applied that way, then the problem is elsewhere in the system. We've got elected judges here in Texas. So at the very least, you can launch a campaign against that judge's reelection if you're dissatisfied with him/her. Of course, in Texas, all you really have to do, in most counties, is win the primary. Look at the political affiliation. A lot of elected officials just ride the ticket into office.

If your problem is with the notion of community property in general. Get a prenup, or buy your boat before you get married so it is separate property.

/this is not legal advice. This is someone who doesn't understand your association of "no fault" divorce with the division of property.

//I think it's sad what happened. It's horrible when somebody in a relationship just stops caring. I've been on the receiving end of this years ago and remember how miserable it is.

east tx skier
01-13-2005, 06:17 PM
didnt I see that in a movie recently?

I think Tony Soprano pulled that one.

Basically creates the likelihood for a conflict of interest, which is a real no-no.

Ric
01-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Sounds like it's time for the men in the country to lobby for divorce law reform.

maybe we should

I'd also like to know why (at least in TX) child support is paid from after tax income and is not considered taxable income to the recipient?
I'm fine with the latter if the payer were able to deduct that expense???

east tx skier
01-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, that one always struck me as illogical. Of course, the answer is because a publically-elected state legislator and his buddies voted for it.

rodltg2
01-13-2005, 06:59 PM
all this has reconfirmed my thoughts of never getting married. just upgrade evry couple years.

east tx skier
01-13-2005, 07:04 PM
At some point, you just have to ask yourself, who is going to change my adult diapers.

/have a great day everyone.
/an ounce of prevention is worth at least $250 per hour. ;)

lakes Rick
01-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Update....

Her husband found her at 2AM in bed at his best friends house....

Makes me want to get married again.....