PDA

View Full Version : i got a wierd letter

rodltg2
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
i got this wierd chain type of letter in the mail. i was just curious if anyone has got one of these. it basically stated that i will get at least 800K if i follow the instructions. it says to mail each of the 6 people on the list $1 a with slip of paper stating that i want to be added to there mailing list. then your supposed to send 200 copies of the letter out, delete the top person off the list and then add my name to the bottom. so with a 7.5% return rate it staes i would bring in $813,615 before my name gets dropped from the top of the list.

this seems strange , anyone gottm this letter ??

flipper
02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
My sister in law got one of those, then tried to get my wife and I to do it also because it was such a great idea. She is not the smartest one in the family.

H20skeefreek
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
save your money, don't buy into it.

rodltg2
02-26-2007, 07:36 PM
well it doesnt cost anymore than 200 stamps , some apepr and envelopes and $6 to mail th people on there. i still dont think i would do it.

Mag_Red
02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I only got about $76,000 before the chain got broke............I wouldn't do it Rod:D

P-Rod
02-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Go with your gut. If your gut says it's weird, most likely it is and won't work out.

slink976
02-26-2007, 07:44 PM
well it doesnt cost anymore than 200 stamps , some apepr and envelopes and $6 to mail th people on there. i still dont think i would do it.

I have tried it, knowing dang well what it was! I invested in stamps and paper 6$ to the top of the pyrmid. Sent out 200(really it was like 150ish) and low and behold, I made out like a champ!

cleaned up a whopping 48$ - I don't know where they got the 817k from but I felt good about getting 48$ back.

I to this day hold that against my wife in the heat of an arguement, just to prove her wrong, I did it and was profittable :)

P.S. Profit only counts if you don't take in to account the many hours it to me to stuff envelops and all the chapstick require for the chapped lips.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I got a better idea! Rod can scan the letter into a PDF format, email it to EVERYONE of us here on TMC, and then we can all print it out on our computer, and mail it to Gene Requesting that he send $1.00 to each of us!:D :D :D :D

Slinkyredfoot
02-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Don't waste your valuable time with this scam, instead waste your valuable time on MCTT, more bang for your buck..:D

rodltg2
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I got a better idea! Rod can scan the letter into a PDF format, email it to EVERYONE of us here on TMC, and then we can all print it out on our computer, and mail it to Gene Requesting that he send $1.00 to each of us!:D :D :D :D

i like this idea better!!

Leroy
02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Mag; Everything always goes right for you! It was worth stuffing a few envelops I guess.

I only got about $76,000 before the chain got broke............I wouldn't do it Rod:D

PendO
02-26-2007, 09:13 PM
i got this wierd chain type of letter in the mail. i was just curious if anyone has got one of these. it basically stated that i will get at least 800K if i follow the instructions. it says to mail each of the 6 people on the list $1 a with slip of paper stating that i want to be added to there mailing list. then your supposed to send 200 copies of the letter out, delete the top person off the list and then add my name to the bottom. so with a 7.5% return rate it staes i would bring in $813,615 before my name gets dropped from the top of the list.

send me the six bucks ... and I will see how it works from here.

PendO
02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
oh yeah, send me the 200 stamps as well ... TIA

bigmac
02-26-2007, 11:16 PM
This is an illuminating thread. I always wondered what keeps these schemes alive....

jlf
02-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I have gotten a couple letters like that over the years. I did it once and I got nothing? You guys made out better than I did I guess. Good thing I didn't really think it would work but for,I think mine was five bucks, I thought what the hell.

east tx skier
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
send me the six bucks ... and I will see how it works from here.

Beat me to it. Rod, you can send me half of that and keep the rest.

Datdude
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I got one of those letters last year. I wanted to go to www.whitepages.com and do a search based on the addresses to see if they existed, but my wife threw it out before I had the chance. Seemed totally fishy to me. I am not sure how they got my name and address?

rodltg2
02-27-2007, 12:05 PM
I got one of those letters last year. I wanted to go to www.whitepages.com and do a search based on the addresses to see if they existed, but my wife threw it out before I had the chance. Seemed totally fishy to me. I am not sure how they got my name and address?

i actually did that and one address/name was real so far.

Jim@BAWS
02-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Maybe some money for a NEW MC

phecksel
02-27-2007, 12:28 PM
I to this day hold that against my wife in the heat of an arguement, just to prove her wrong, I did it and was profittable :)

Right up until somebody gets pissed off and sends your letter and name to the post office and they press federal charges against you.

Diesel
02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Right up until somebody gets pissed off and sends your letter and name to the post office and they press federal charges against you.

Yep highly illegal. Plus you are using the USPS so it now becomes federal.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Yep highly illegal. Plus you are using the USPS so it now becomes federal.
Better listen to em Flounder! they are pre-law!

milkmania
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
I have tried it, knowing dang well what it was! I invested in stamps and paper 6$ to the top of the pyrmid. Sent out 200(really it was like 150ish) and low and behold, I made out like a champ!

cleaned up a whopping 48$ - I don't know where they got the 817k from but I felt good about getting 48$ back.

P.S. Profit only counts if you don't take in to account the many hours it to me to stuff envelops and all the chapstick require for the chapped lips.

best keep that chapstick for other matters....

your own post indicates you're gonna need it!

milkmania
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
This is an illuminating thread. I always wondered what keeps these schemes alive....
founded by Postmasters

the sale of 200 stamps stimulates their economy, since the internet came along, they'll do anything for a sale!8p

hell, 200 stamps is $78.00!

bigmac
03-02-2007, 07:12 PM
founded by Postmasters

the sale of 200 stamps stimulates their economy, since the internet came along, they'll do anything for a sale!8p

hell, 200 stamps is $78.00!No doubt. Postmasters.

They may have started it :rolleyes: but it's kept alive by people who fall for it. Over and over.

Here's a good one I got today...I pass it along fully expecting that one of you will execute it and give me half of the winnings, since it was actually me that won this lottery.

NOTICE...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Lucky Winner,
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
POWERBALL EURO E-MAIL INTERNATIONAL
PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPT
BATCH NO: PBL/67189098011/245679/1109
REF. NO: PBL/11278998789/908796//1109
Dear Winner,
This is to inform you of the release of the E-MAIL LOTTERY BALLOT
INTERNATIONAL/WORLD GAMING BOARD. Your name attached to ticket number
219028657434 with Serial number
918735625 drew the lucky numbers of 21-70-81-82-99, which consequently