PDA

View Full Version : sounds like trouble to me

rodltg2
02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/281206755.html

wiltok
02-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree - why not buy a cheaper boat and own it for yourself.

Andyg
02-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I would do it if it were close freinds, but you are asking for trouble to do it with people you don't know and can't trust.

My two college buddies and I did a similar thing on a cabin. We have had the cabin for almost 2 yrs now and now major issues. We put together some general rules and everyone has stuck to them pretty good so far. We don't do it like a time share though. We let anyone use it whenever they want. If someone wants to plan a large family event they usually just let the others know. We are all usually up there every weekend skiing so it actually works out nice since we don't have a problem finding a third to go skiing. None of us have kids so that helps from feeling overcrowded when we are up there.

Sodar
02-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Our neighbors tried this with a 40' sportfisher.... did not work! I think the only way it does work is when you have a neutral management company step in, like fractional houseboat ownerships.

ski_king
02-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Way back when I considered splitting ownership of a skiboat with my cousin as neither of us could afford one by ourselfs and we always skied together. In the end we didn't, we waited a year and he got married and I bought my MasterCraft. He is now on his third wife and I got the same MasterCraft.