PDA

View Full Version : Broken drivers seat frame

Putter
02-26-2007, 02:21 AM
I have an 88 prostar 19 and the bottom of the fiberglass seat frame is broken out in 2 of the 4 holes that mount to the floor piece. is this worth trying to repair or should I get a new seat all together? and where can I find a new seat?

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 09:49 AM
You may find one on e-bay or at a boat salvage company, parting out a totaled boat, but new ones are not available, unless you replace the entire base, track and seat with a aftermarket item.

Maristar210
02-26-2007, 10:05 AM
I have seen quite a few posts reagrding replacement seats lately. I wonder what Mastercraft has done with thier old seat molds? Making these seats could be a nice aftermarket idea. Perhaps even enhancing the old design to be a little wider for those of us that are, well a little wider.

Anyone know?

Putter
02-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I was thinking about fixing it myself. Re- fiberglassing in a couple pieces of 1/2 in plywood in the base of the holes and then putting a piece of 1/2 in on the entire base of the seat as well. If the cost of a whole new seat is rediculous I may go that route.

viabill
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Has anyone looked at the Wise seats offered by Overton's? They have a number of drivers' seats and at least one of them looks exactly like the one in my '89 Barefoot 190 (Tristar), except for the upholstery design.
They look like high quality seats with composite (read plastic) frames that would not rot, but I have no direct experience with them.

I suspect the '88 Prostar has a very similar seat.

Anyone tried these??

jrcarte78
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Has anyone looked at the Wise seats offered by Overton's? They have a number of drivers' seats and at least one of them looks exactly like the one in my '89 Barefoot 190 (Tristar), except for the upholstery design.
They look like high quality seats with composite (read plastic) frames that would not rot, but I have no direct experience with them.

I suspect the '88 Prostar has a very similar seat.

Anyone tried these??

I have a similar replacement seat to the Wise seats from Overton's in my TriStar. It has the plastic(composite) frame. The seat works well in my boat.

J.R.