PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gaston, NC/VA

BriEOD
01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
We are renting a lake house this summer for a week on Lake Gaston. I haven't been their in about 30 years. I am to young to remember what it was like when I was there. Does anyone know some good spots to ski, or anything at all about the area. Thanks, BriEOD.

Cary K.
01-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Like any large lake, the best times are early or late, and weekdays. There are a lot of inboards on the lake, mostly wakeboarders. Most of the coves would be good, but the main lake is out of the question. Always chop.

We have a NC based website with many Gaston riders, check it out and get more detailed info: www.endofropegang.com (http://www.endofropegang.com)

BriEOD
01-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Cary,

Thanks a lot for the info. It looks like a great place. We are excited we rented a 6 bedroom house and it has a boat lift, beach, etc. It should be a good trip!

jimmer2880
01-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Get a MAP. We showed up the first day in the afternoon & couldn't wait to put the boat on. Figured... i'll get the map tonight. Ended up in a duck hunting area in 2' of water!

Georgous lake. We'll absolutely be back. Be careful of winds picking up just after dark. We were on the opposite side of the lake one night. Took quite a beating crossing the lake. I was never so glad my comp boat was a MC!
There are still some coves that aren't developed. They seemed to be the best for skiing.

BriEOD
01-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks Jimmer. We are going to get a map and I have contacted a ski boat dealer on the lake who shall remain nameless, but they make their boats in Orlando. ;) They had some good suggestions on where the good sites were. I'm really looking forward to it.

BriEOD
02-12-2005, 09:33 AM
If anyone is looking for a good lake house for summer vacation here are some sweet ones on Lake Gaston. The lady that runs this buisness is really friendly and easy to work with. Check out the sandy beach house!

http://www.ihomesdb.com/cgi-local/query.pl