PDA

View Full Version : General Prayer Requests

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Jesus_Freak
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Please post here (or PM me if preferred) issues for which you would like prayer. I would like to carry the needs/concerns of the TMC family to the Throne of Grace, belonging to God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I (and a number of un-named members) commit to pray consistently for whatever request is posted here. After 6 months have passed on a request without updates, I will delete it from the list below for the sole purpose of keeping the list from being so overwhelming.

A summary of all requests is below, listed in order of their posting since thread inception on 2.23.07.

91. (1.30.08, Post # 491) - Funk - (much clipped out of history here) As of 9.24.09, Amy (wife's best friend, 32) is going back into Cedar Sanai tomorrow for treatment. Not good news. Her cancer is very serious. She is [young] which is good for the fight but as we all saw with Patrick Swayze, pancreatic is a very nasty one to concur. We are having a dinner get-together this evening at our house to have a good time prior to her going into the fight once again. As of 2.3.10, Amy is doing well with treatments and continuing to live life to the fullest. All of the girls went up to Santa Anita last Friday for the horse races to celebrate her 2 year anniversary of her fight. As of 9.8.10, she is basically living a normal life. Not in remission but the cancer seems not to be very agressive so she only takes a treatment about once a year(inpatient). She spends tons of time with all the friends' kids and enjoys her time. As of March 2011, she is going to start new treatments next week. Her liver is growing and causing pain but she is living a mostly normal life at this point. Just moved into a new apartment down by the beach so she is enjoying what she has. As of 9.25.11, Amy is unfortunately not in good shape at all. She is still actively being social with friends, having meals, etc but in tons of pain. Her liver/abdomen is very extended. The cancer has taken over her torso. She remains in good spirits but it's very hard to endure. For all of us. She has lost quite a bit of weight yet looks pregnant, in fact she gets that a lot. Basically, looks like a 80 year old pregnant woman but 32 or so. I just hope she doesn't suffer too much more, her mother is caring for her now and she is in her 70's. She is still surrounded by all of her girlfriends and tons of spirit. She is trying to make it to Christmas is her goal now, mainly to see our kids during the holidays.
163. (12.5.10, Post # 884) - Footin - For my Mom, she was diagnosed with lung cancer (never a smoker) in May. She went though chemo, then had her left lung removed in September and going through radiation now. It has been a difficult time for me and my family as we do not know what the future holds. As of 12.31.10, my mom has finished the radiation treatments and is doing OK. She has a hard time catching her breath sometimes, but that is to be expected with only one lung. It should get better over time but for now she is on oxygen all the time. I asked her the other day is she will need the oxygen for the rest of her life and she responded "there is NO WAY I will be dependent on this for the long term". She has a great attitude and is a very strong woman. She knows that there is only a 50/50 chance she will live five more years, but she is vibrant, happy and will make the most of it, besides she says she has always been a over acheiver and will be around alot longer than that. As of March 2011, she is breathing better and better but she still requires oxygen most of the time. She hopes to free of that by mid summer. The last scan showed he cancer free which is great news; however we are all very concerned for the future. God has heeled her and will continue to watch over her, we just ask for her remaining years to be painless and joyfull.
166. (1.11.11, Private Mail) - jracin240 - My brother, Al, had a stroke last Thursday up in Champlin MI. He is showing signs of improvement. He has a long road ahead of himself and so does his family. He has some paralysis that seems to be improving. His speech is pretty slurred. We are all hoping that thiings keep improving and hopefully a little faster. As of 1.24.11, still inpatient but making progress and we are all hoping he will be out soon. As of March 2011, he is recovering well, came home from the hospital last week. Speech is sounding good but needs a little moore work. Thanks for the prayers. (Later) Al is getting better, but unfortunately think he is loafing a little on his rehab and not pushing himself that hard. He is making progress though. Thanks to all on the message board that have said a quick prayer for my brother and his family.
167. (4.8.11, Post # 912) - Slinkyredfoot - I said many prayers for my big black wonderful dog Boom. Had to put him down today. RIP my big black wonderful best friend Boom. I am very sad.
168. (5.8.11, Post # 917) - MyCabinFever - I would like to put a prayer out there for all of the Wonderful Mothers. If you are lucky enough to be able to see or speak to your Mom, do so. For those who cannot, we will cherish the good times we had with Mom. Make it a Great Mother's Day
169. (5.23.11, Post # 918) - EJ OJPROP - My Dad, Gary, was in a car accident Saturday am and suffered crushed disks in his neck. Surgery is this afternoon to repair C-7 through D-1. Thanks. As of 6.30.11: An update on my Dad after todays Dr. appt. He is out of the neck brace and the new disks seem to be healing well. Thanks again to all for thoughts and prayers
170. (5.27.11, Post # 931) - Dino Don - My prayer is that we all take time to thank our God who has blessed us beyond all measure for what we have and that we never take our freedom and blessings for granted. All have come at a very high price.
171. (5.29.11, Post # 935) - joniron1 - My good friend and wakeboarding buddie just learned that his 9yr old daughter, Abigail, has a inoperable tumor that is cancerous on her brain stem. She had headaches for a month or 2 then she lost her eyesight. They are saying best case is blindness will be permanent and radiation may shrink the tumor. Prayer greatly appreiciated. My 4 yrs girl just loves Abigail (they are tube riding buddies) and I dont how we will tell her about it.
172. (6.23.11, Post # 939) - DooSPX - Please pray for my Best Friend/Brother from another mother/Driver and his family. His father is in the last bit of his life. Could be any day now. As of 6.24.11: My friend's dad passed this morning....
173. (6.30.11, Post # 945) - Dino Don - There is an email circulating that is calling on all churches to take time out this Sunday to pray especially for our nation. I spent several days this past two weeks with 42 wounded warriors at a retreat for them. One only has to be there and see them as they interact with others to know and understand that they are are just your everyday young person who gave what they could for us so many of us can enjoy our freedom. We celebrate freedom but as we all should know freedom is far from free. Two more lost their lives in a base in Iraq near the Iran border. Pray for their families as they attempt to deal with their loss and all of us as we see what a crazy place we live in.
174. (6.30.11, Post # 946) - atlfootr - Ryan Dunn's and passenger's family and friends
175. (7.11.11, Post # 947) - McFire - Need some prayers for a good friend of mine and his family. Playing in his pool last night with his family, his 15 year old son threw one of those torpedo type toys at the water. The toy hit the water and then it hit right in my friemd's eye. Blew hie eyeball out. He will very likey loose the eye. He is in surgery now, 20 hours later. He and his family will have a big adjustment to make. And his poor son feels terrible. Just a tragic accident. Your prayers are appreciated. Thanks. As of 7.31.11, my friend did lose his eye. He will need to get a fake one put in. He will have major adjustments to make, but he should have a mostly normal life. He and his family are trying to deal with the whole incident as best as they can. The prayers are appreciated.
176. (7.16.11, Post # 949) - tex - Been a tough week at work. First one of my therapist husband passes from cancer on Monday. Yesterday one of my good friends at work had his under 40 wife(breast cancer survivor) get a blood clot in her leg and it traveled to her heart and killed her. 2 great people who give their all to providing services to kids here have lost their mate. An absolutely horrible week-God bless Senetra and Setrick. It will be a tough road!

Monte
02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Good thread JF......

chudson
02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Great Idea JF, you filled a need, Thanks.........Cec

Maristar210
02-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Pray for me JF. I am and always have been in need of it...

jakethebt
02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Great Thread JF. Maybe we should add here the people that just lost a baby to Sids? I can only imagine their needs...

Jesus_Freak
02-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Pray for me JF. I am and always have been in need of it...

I will my friend. We all need it. If you have specifics in mind, PM me.

Jesus_Freak
02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Great Thread JF. Maybe we should add here the people that just lost a baby to Sids? I can only imagine their needs...

Yes, that was Rockman's family. I have made a mental note already. Thank you.

H20skeefreek
02-25-2007, 12:08 AM
JF, this is an amazing idea, and I will also commit to praying for those who post a prayer need.

dapicatti
02-25-2007, 01:34 AM
JF, thanks for doing this. It is amazing how we all seem to need a little extra help now and then. I truly appreciate your support.

herringtech
02-25-2007, 08:11 PM
My wife could use some prayer. She is having trouble nursing our 6mo. old girl. She nursed our two boys till they were 1 and it was a wonderful experience for her. With this baby her milk is not coming in like it did in previous pregancies.

She went on some perscription meds to help and she started to have an alergic reaction. She now feels like its useless and she is neglecting our baby. She takes this part of mothering very seriously and is quite frustrated.

Ellie (the baby) just wails when she tries to nurse now cause there is no milk.

To make matters worse, I am out off town for the next 5 days.

Thanks for your prayers.

Sodar
02-25-2007, 09:07 PM
I would like you to pray for the family and friends of a friend and former co-worker of mine who died young last week in a freak accident. She was truly an AWESOME person and will be forever missed.

Here is the news story... http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_5295105

Leroy
02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Great thread JesusFreak! My mother-in-law went down hill last fall and ended up very sick. My wife brought her from Evansville to Indy and put her in the hospital in Indy. She was in for 6 days and came home. With everyone's prayers so far she has made a great recovery. We need all prays for Granda Hilda! It is actually great having her live with us but I hope she gets well enough to make it back to her home in Evansville because I know she wants to be home and on her own again.

Jesus_Freak
02-26-2007, 08:58 AM
JF, thanks for doing this. It is amazing how we all seem to need a little extra help now and then. I truly appreciate your support.

John 15:5 says that He is the vine and we are the branches and that we can do nothing without Him. I need more than a little help. :)

Jesus_Freak
02-26-2007, 09:01 AM
As inspired by TMCNO1's CSM thread, I have provided a summary on Post # 1. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Monte
02-26-2007, 12:09 PM
JF.. please remember my Grandmother in your prayers. She has undergone the removal of her large intestine and gall bladder over the past month. She is on the long trail to recovery, but is still in the ICU. Also, My sister's brother in law is in the hospital for some heart problems. He is only 30, has a wife and two young children. They all need prayer.
Thanks

sanjuan23
02-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Possibly a bit selfish but submitting a request for the health of Mom and our news of a new addition to the family. Thanks!

bcampbe7
02-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Possibly a bit selfish but submitting a request for the health of Mom and our news of a new addition to the family. Thanks!

Not selfish at all SJ! :cool:

Maristar210
02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
JF

Don't forget to pray for Monte72's old and ornery neighbor who "hates dogs" if I recall correctly.

If he did what he is suspected of doing he needs all the prayer you can muster.

Stee

Jesus_Freak
02-26-2007, 01:35 PM

The Father has sought His children since time began. He encourages us to trust Him with our problems, great and small.

YOUNG_LINK_
02-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Let's see, prayer requests...
1. My friends do well on the CRCT test (test in Georgia which needs to be passed to move up to the next grade).
2. I will continue being great in school, especially at the CRCTs.
3. That people will be able to realize you don't have to be violent in order to feel better about yourself. More of a peace-oriented prayer request.

Jesus_Freak
02-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Any others or updates? The first post contains a current summary.

H20skeefreek
02-28-2007, 07:15 PM
My wife had her first gestational diabetes test last week and it came back a little high. She had to go for another today, and we should get the results on Friday. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

suedv
02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I've been having a rotten winter so if you'd like, please add me to you list.

I had an allergic reaction in January that caused a rash. The steroids my doctor had me on to treat the rash compromised my immune system and I got a cold that aggravated my asthma. The steroids also didn't mix well with a neuro-muscular disease I have and I've been really weak. Today I had blood work done that's being sent to the Mayo Clinic lab to see if they can use a different medicine on me that won't aggravate my asthma and muscles (or cause new problems) and clear up this not so fun rash.

This has been a very miserable winter and now I have to wait another week to find out what medicine I'm going to deal with next. :(

Thanks.
Sue

RexDog1
03-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Will my mom is having Heart surgery on Friday it looks like at least 3 to 5 Stents
So if the TT family could send some her way………:o

milkmania
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
need to pray for the families in Enterprise, Alabama, Missouri, Iowa, & Colorado:(

Alabama Twisters Kill 13, Including Students (http://www.4029tv.com/weather/11139752/detail.html)

ski_king
03-01-2007, 09:29 PM
My niece's son, Sammy, who is disabled and about to have his 5th birthday had a seizure on his way to the special school he attends earlier this week.

He has had seizures before, but never this bad. He is in the hospital and is on a respirator. He and his family are in the need for prayers.

H20skeefreek
03-02-2007, 07:45 AM
I have a colleague who's infant son is having health problems, which is causing a major financial strain on the family, so if we could pray for the health of little Mathew Galpin it would be great.

Jesus_Freak
03-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Will my mom is having Heart surgery on Friday it looks like at least 3 to 5 Stents
So if the TT family could send some her way………:o

I assume you mean TODAY? Please keep us posted.

herringtech
03-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks fellow prayer warriors. My wfie is doing much, much better. She back to 100% and the baby is so happy with a full belly.

Maybe we should start an answered prayer thread...

Jesus_Freak
03-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks fellow prayer warriors. My wfie is doing much, much better. She back to 100% and the baby is so happy with a full belly.

Maybe we should start an answered prayer thread...

Dude, that is wonderful! I finally get my first "Praise the LORD" in. Now, I feel better. :D

Seriously that is great news. Ellie sounds like me...happy with a full belly.

I was thinking that answered prayers would simply be monitored here. I will edit the first post accordingly.

boyson
03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
My 13 year old daughter is hanging around the wrong type of friends at school, need advice and prayer. Thanks for both

RexDog1
03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
My 13 year old daughter is hanging around the wrong type of friends at school, need advice and prayer. Thanks for both

At 13 it is her friends will help shape her, and get her in trouble??? and keep her out of trouble?? Can you tell us more about her….
”wrong type”???:confused:

Prayers on the way…………….

boyson
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
She is a great student she has had good friends until about 3 months ago. Now her new friends are punk type.

H20skeefreek
03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I will certianly pray for her, but it should be known that there is a movement called "straight edge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge)" that is somewhat punk, but not totally bad, actually good in some aspects. They don't do drugs/alchohol, and abstain from sex. Check out what they are into before you judge them....

H20skeefreek
03-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I have a praise. My wife got her results back for gestational diabetes, and she does NOT have it! Praise the Lord!

Leroy
03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Prayers and stay on top of it. Our 11 year old was hanging with the wrong crowd at school earlier and the kids would even intimidate her if she didn't hang out with them. We talked with the teacher, and guidance counselor and her good friends. Making sure she had things to do with her good friends and now seems to be on the good side again. IT can be tough....my prayers are with you.

BlackwaterMC
03-06-2007, 08:49 AM
I have been laid off from my Job, My wife and son Logan

jimmer2880
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
A very close friend of mine was killed Monday in a car accident. Even though he is a Nautique owner, he still was a great man, father of 2 small children & husband to a good woman. I've known his wife all my life. She's a wonderful mother who has always been a "stay at home mom". It's bad enough loosing your husband & father to your children. But, to now have to go back to work & put the kids in day care when you worked so hard not to have to.

This is really hitting our family hard, as our kids are "river friends" like I have been to his wife all my life. Also, I drive the same road every day, so now my wife (also a stay at home mom) is super paranoid.

It's going to be a tough service. Please pray for his family to help them get through this unimaginably hard time.

Bruce
03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I have thought long and hard about posting this on the board but I have seen and felt a real sense of family here and prayers are truly needed. My wife Jean went in for a routine colonoscopy the week before Chrstmas. It turned out not to be so routine. She has colon cancer. It is a very agressive cell, melanoma. She had a melanoma on her arm that was treated by perfusion 18 years ago. At that time they removed 22 nodes and all were clear. We dodged a bullet. Now 18 yrs later it reoccurs in the colon. She had colonoscopy 4 yrs ago 40 poloyps all begin. Re did 1 yrs later 15 all benign. Dr. let her go for 3 yrs and this time 40 but all postive.
She is a very private person but fortunately does not go to this site. She is on her second round of chemo and it is rough. Bottom line we need all the prayers we can get. We believe in miracles and with so many lifting her up in prayer perhaps God will deliver another one.
May God bless you and yours.

milkmania
03-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I have thought long and hard about posting this on the board but I have seen and felt a real sense of family here and prayers are truly needed. My wife Jean went in for a routine colonoscopy the week before Chrstmas. It turned out not to be so routine. She has colon cancer. It is a very agressive cell, melanoma. She had a melanoma on her arm that was treated by perfusion 18 years ago. At that time they removed 22 nodes and all were clear. We dodged a bullet. Now 18 yrs later it reoccurs in the colon. She had colonoscopy 4 yrs ago 40 poloyps all begin. Re did 1 yrs later 15 all benign. Dr. let her go for 3 yrs and this time 40 but all postive.
She is a very private person but fortunately does not go to this site. She is on her second round of chemo and it is rough. Bottom line we need all the prayers we can get. We believe in miracles and with so many lifting her up in prayer perhaps God will deliver another one.

hang in there, buddy

she will get her strength through you

east tx skier
03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
hang in there, buddy

she will get her strength through you

What Milk said. Good thoughts from Texas.

dapicatti
03-08-2007, 01:24 AM

Bruce;

Just know that there are many of us out here on TT who are praying for your wife and your family. Hang in there. You have been very blessed.

suedv
03-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Bruce,
I will pray for your wife's healing and for you to have the strenght you need as you help her through this.

Jesus_Freak
03-08-2007, 04:45 AM
I have thought long and hard about posting this on the board but I have seen and felt a real sense of family here and prayers are truly needed. My wife Jean went in for a routine colonoscopy the week before Chrstmas. It turned out not to be so routine. She has colon cancer.... Bottom line we need all the prayers we can get. We believe in miracles and with so many lifting her up in prayer perhaps God will deliver another one.

That is right. We know He CAN, we just pray He WILL. Thanks for posting, and Jean will be prayed for, no doubt.

BTW: Everyone thanks for posting. I do not have time to post responses to each and every one, but I am praying consistently for you. Please post updates as things change.

jimmer2880
03-08-2007, 05:46 AM
That is right. We know He CAN, we just pray He WILL. Thanks for posting, and Jean will be prayed for, no doubt.

BTW: Everyone thanks for posting. I do not have time to post responses to each and every one, but I am praying consistently for you. Please post updates as things change.

Thank you for doing what you can. I will also include Jean & others in our family prayers.

And - WOW dude... 4:48 AM (Eastern time for me)? You working the night shift?

Jesus_Freak
03-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Thank you for doing what you can. I will also include Jean & others in our family prayers.

And - WOW dude... 4:48 AM (Eastern time for me)? You working the night shift?

Thank you for including others while you face such a hard time.

Yes, 4:48 Eastern. I am occasionally a member of Ric's 3AM club, along with Sizzler. It is not due to work, but due to some insomnia. Comes and goes.

Everyone please keep your eye on the first post. I keep it updated the best I can.

maristarman
03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Bruce,
I will pray for your wife's healing and for you to have the strength you need as you help her through this.

Same here.........................

H20skeefreek
03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I think we should pray for Rexdog and anyone else who may be in harms way, or effected in anyway by the fires in California.

I also would like to pray about racial/religious/ethnic disparity in the world. We are all part of the HUMAN race, all belonging to God the Father, created by Him for the purpose of loving Him and being loved by Him.

Leroy
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Amen H20skeefreek! THis is the best thread in a long time!!

I think we should pray for Rexdog and anyone else who may be in harms way, or effected in anyway by the fires in California.

I also would like to pray about racial/religious/ethnic disparity in the world. We are all part of the HUMAN race, all belonging to God the Father, created by Him for the purpose of loving Him and being loved by Him.

cbryan70
03-11-2007, 11:56 PM
prayers will be with all tt members that need it. hope all is going well and god bless

jimmer2880
03-12-2007, 05:56 AM
A very close friend of mine was killed Monday in a car accident. Even though he is a Nautique owner, he still was a great man, father of 2 small children & husband to a good woman. I've known his wife all my life. She's a wonderful mother who has always been a "stay at home mom". It's bad enough loosing your husband & father to your children. But, to now have to go back to work & put the kids in day care when you worked so hard not to have to.

This is really hitting our family hard, as our kids are "river friends" like I have been to his wife all my life. Also, I drive the same road every day, so now my wife (also a stay at home mom) is super paranoid.

It's going to be a tough service. Please pray for his family to help them get through this unimaginably hard time.

Update - His funeral was over the weekend. Wife was amazingly strong. There were over 300 at his viewing Friday night. Yet, through it all, she said something positive about every single person there. I have no idea how she did it. Now, it's time for the real healing to begin.

Found out, he had just sent the cradle for his new lift out to the powder-coat shop before he passed. We have no idea where it is - hopefully they'll call when it's done. The family asked if I would coordinate the finishing of his floating lift dock so the family can spend this summer on the water just as they were planning before. That will be a true memorial to his nature.

sizzler
03-12-2007, 06:26 AM
good man jim....good man

atlfootr
03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Truely sorry for the loss of all parties.
Let us know what we can do to help you, his wife and kids.

Jesus_Freak
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Good call H-twenty.

I will only add this regarding the religious aspect: Exclusivity rights set forth by Jesus Himself (such as in John 14:6 and Acts 4:12) are going to always cause some level of tension, but how we handle that tension is the key.

H20skeefreek
03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I recently was watching a Franklin Graham program on the television. He told a great story. He said that a young man once asked him where all of the buddhists and muslims etc...would go when they die. He replied, there will be thousands of buddhists and muslims in heaven when you get there, they just have to get there by loving and accepting Jesus Christ as thier Lord and Saviour.

Doug G
03-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Update - His funeral was over the weekend. Wife was amazingly strong. There were over 300 at his viewing Friday night. Yet, through it all, she said something positive about every single person there. I have no idea how she did it. Now, it's time for the real healing to begin.

Found out, he had just sent the cradle for his new lift out to the powder-coat shop before he passed. We have no idea where it is - hopefully they'll call when it's done. The family asked if I would coordinate the finishing of his floating lift dock so the family can spend this summer on the water just as they were planning before. That will be a true memorial to his nature.

Jimmer,
Hagerstown is only about 2 1/2 hours for me. let me know if you need any help.

Doug

jimmer2880
03-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Jimmer,
Hagerstown is only about 2 1/2 hours for me. let me know if you need any help.

Doug

Thanks everyone for your offers to help. His wife has a brother, and 2 brother-in-laws that are more than willing to help. They actually told me to just tell them what to put where & they'll do it. I told them we'll do what it takes. But - after we find all the pieces, we really only have about 1 weekends worth of work. We will end up having more help than we need.

I will pass on to her (in time) how much support this board has offered and already given to her.

But, a BIG THANK YOU is in order for everyone here. When the rubber meets the road, I know I can certainly count on the folks on here to do the right thing. :worthy:

suedv
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Thought I would post an update and say thanks for prayers. My asthma is really under good control and my muscle problem is under control for now as well.

My skin is still a big problem for me. I've been dealing with a major rash for 2 months now. I'm on a different medicine than before and my doctor increased the dose yesterday... hopefully this will help. My dermatologist has warned me that I'm probably going to have trouble with sun and heat this spring/summer.

cmack
03-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better Sue.

cmack
03-16-2007, 05:52 PM
I am very touched by this thread and the TT group. I have a few requests:

A family friend has multiple myeloma. She is an older friend and pray that she will stay in remission for as long as possible.
The men and women who are serving overseas. Pray to keep them safe, out of harms way and come home quickly.
The innocent people of the Middle East who live in fear everyday.
My brother has been laid off from work. He just got married this July and they moved into a new house in November.
My marriage (6 years), My brother’s marriage (8 months), and everyone else that is married, it’s not easy and God’s help is needed.

Jesus_Freak - You can put me on your list of Pray-ers

RexDog1
03-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Sue good to here you are doing better

I think you need to just get out on the boat!!!!!!!!!!!! That is from DR.Rex………:cool:

Jesus_Freak
03-19-2007, 08:37 AM
I am very touched by this thread and the TT group. I have a few requests:

A family friend has multiple myeloma. She is an older friend and pray that she will stay in remission for as long as possible.
The men and women who are serving overseas. Pray to keep them safe, out of harms way and come home quickly.
The innocent people of the Middle East who live in fear everyday.
My brother has been laid off from work. He just got married this July and they moved into a new house in November.
My marriage (6 years), My brother’s marriage (8 months), and everyone else that is married, it’s not easy and God’s help is needed.

Jesus_Freak - You can put me on your list of Pray-ers

Thanks cmack. Excellent post. Will do....see Post # 1

Sorry for the delay by the way. I normally do not check the forum on the weekends. :o

Rapunzl
03-19-2007, 03:02 PM
This is a cool thread, JF. Most of the time we are so busy worrying about ourselves that we fail to stop and see the hurt within those around us. This helps put things back into perspective. I am always humbled by someone else's pain...God faithfully seems to know just when to hit me between the eyes and wake me up. I will keep these requests in my prayers as well.

RexDog1
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=320169#post320169

dapicatti
03-23-2007, 01:12 AM
I have a good friend who's father was just diagnosed with brain cancer stage 4. The family is devestated, and could use some extra prayers.
Thanks everyone.

Jesus_Freak
03-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Thank you RexDog1 for sharing and for sending me a direct link to the applicable post.

Dapicatti and everyone: I have updated the first post and continue to remember you all daily. Please give updates if you have any.

Monte
03-23-2007, 09:15 AM
FYI in an earlier post I mentioned my grandmother. Great news, she has just been relased from the ICU after six weeks, and has now gone onto general floor. She is making great improvements daily!! Thanks for the prayers...

RexDog1
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
FYI in an earlier post I mentioned my grandmother. Great news, she has just been relased from the ICU after six weeks, and has now gone onto general floor. She is making great improvements daily!! Thanks for the prayers...

Nice to here Monte!!!!!!!:D

Have a good weekend:toast:

cmack
03-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Glad to hear the news Monte!

cmack
03-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I have two other requests to add.
My coworker’s mother has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and will undergo surgery sometime soon.
Her niece Trinity (6 years old) has been diagnosed inoperable brain tumor called a Diffuse Pontine Glioma. The prognosis is only 6 - 12 months for this little girl.
Her parents put up this website for her:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/trinitybright

sanjuan23
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow I dont have any words after reading that website. Thoughts and prayers with the family and Trinity.

cmack
03-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Wow I dont have any words after reading that website. Thoughts and prayers with the family and Trinity.

Thanks John

Maristar210
03-31-2007, 09:46 PM
My friend John's mother passed away yesterday after a long battle with Cancer. Great women lost. Please pray for him and his family during this rough period.

Thanks Steve

PendO
04-01-2007, 12:33 AM
(my prayer request)

The Assyrian christians:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ukcorrespondents/holysmoke/march07/christians.htm

Leroy
04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
My good friend did not make it. What a great guy. Time to pray for the family. Very quick and tragic. Enjoy and appreciate what you have and make the most of everything you do. In addition to working with Mike he lived just down the street.

Michael D. O'Hara 46, passed away Thursday, March 29. O'Hara succumbed to cancer, after a very brief illness. His immediate family includes his wife Diane and three children. Mike was more than just a senior executive at Thomson (RCA.) He was a loving husband, devoted father, and a friend to many. He was personally devoted to several organizations, serving as a board member of the Central Indiana Community Partnership and investing much of his resources in Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church and St. Theodore Guerin Catholic High School. Mike served on the Development Board of the Guerin Executive Council. Reared and schooled in New Jersey, Mike graduated with a degree in marketing from Montclair State University in 1982 and earned a master's degree in business administration with a concentration in finance from Fairleigh Dickinson University in 1984. Starting first with General Electric's audio business, Mike came to Thomson with the company's acquisition of the GE and RCA consumer businesses in 1987. Mike sold electronics in New York, managed global audio product activities, and moved to Indianapolis in 1992 when Thomson began work on the first high-power direct-to-home satellite system that was then in development with newly-formed DIRECTV. O'Hara's biggest success in the electronics industry was the phenomenal introduction of the mini-dish digital satellite system that quickly became the most successful consumer electronics product ever launched, eclipsed later only by sales of DVD players. In January of 2000, Mike was named Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing for Thomson's TV, AV, Accessories, and Communications businesses, a $3 billion enterprise with 10,000 employees. After 24 years of service, Mike left Thomson last year to form Summus Ventures, a consulting firm based in Indianapolis. Mike was a reluctant Hoosier, born and bred on the east coast and an ardent fan of all New York sports teams. He only came here figuring he wouldn't be staying very long. However, Mike and Diane started their family in Indianapolis. Soon he was also cheering on the Indianapolis Colts and Indiana Pacers (where he would wear New York Knicks colors and be taunted by fellow Pacers fans.) In addition to wife Diane and three children, Mike is survived by his sister Judith and mother Mary. Calling will be Sunday, April 1 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Leppert Mortuary, Smith Carmel Chapel, 900 N. Rangeline Road, Carmel. A Mass of Christian Burial will be conducted at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in Carmel on Monday, April 2, at 10 a.m. Burial will follow immediately at Our Lady of Peace Catholic Cemetery in Indianapolis. Memorial contributions may be made in Mike's honor to St. Theodore Guerin High School, 15300 North Gray Road, Noblesville, Indiana 46062 (please indicate Michael O'Hara on the memo line.) Please visit www.leppertmortuary.com to sign Michael's guestbook, order flowers, or make memorial contributions.

BriEOD
04-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear it Leroy. Read the obit. and sounds like a super guy. I really feel for the kids. Having been in that situation myself as a kid, it is truly life altering.

Jesus_Freak
04-01-2007, 10:20 PM
(my prayer request)

The Assyrian christians:

This is completely shocking! Jesus said it would not be easy for those who earnestly seek Him, but this is over the top.

Jesus_Freak
04-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I am truly sorry Steve and Leroy.

Leroy
04-02-2007, 12:14 AM
There are people that overachieve everywhere they go and still are able to help anyone around them overachieve in their life and that was Mike.

We can never understand the master plan. Sorry to hear about that hardship BriEOD.

Monte
04-02-2007, 08:43 AM
(my prayer request)

The Assyrian christians:

That is horrible... I'm speecheless..

Leroy, sorry about your friend......

X2M
04-02-2007, 11:09 PM
My Grandma Bella is undergoing alot of tests right now. They found a spot on her spine that they think is cancer that has metastasized from somewhere else in her body.

My Mom lives in Austin with her and is having to deal with all of this without us there to give help and support.

Could you please add both my Grandma Bella and my Mom to your prayer list I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Nichi

RexDog1
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Nichi
Sorry to here about your Grandma Bella…..

God be with her…..

Jesus_Freak
04-03-2007, 02:59 PM
My Grandma Bella is undergoing alot of tests right now. They found a spot on her spine that they think is cancer that has metastasized from somewhere else in her body.

My Mom lives in Austin with her and is having to deal with all of this without us there to give help and support.

Could you please add both my Grandma Bella and my Mom to your prayer list I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Nichi

I am sorry for your family, and I know this is painful. I have added your request to the first post and to my personal list. Keep us informed.

Jesus_Freak
04-09-2007, 02:21 AM
You all are still on my mind. Does anyone have any news on these (see first post)?

cmack
04-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Karen: Has multiple myeloma and pray for contuined health.

Nick: My brother was laid off. He has a really good prospect but they have not made him an offer. This company has already enrolled him in their training classes so it sounds very good -- They just have not made him and offer yet :(

Trinity: She is 6 years old and was diagnosed with a rare, inoperable brain tumor called a Diffuse Pontine Glioma.
She got some good news from the neurologist, "He seemed to be pretty optimistic about Trinity's diagnosis. He felt like it was possible for her to live a couple of years!!!!!"

Her story:

There is a guest book on her site as well, If you are able to do so, Please sign her guest book.

Fundraisers:
There are several fund raisers going on for her in the DFW area.

Car Wash Saturday, April 21st 9a-2p
Arby's 4820 S. Cooper St. Arlington, Texas 76015

Joe's Crab Shack 682-286-1000
3040 Western Center Blvd. Fort Worth, Texas
Thursday, April 26, 2007 5p-10p
10% food & alcohol donated w/ flyer

Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery & Cafe
4301 S. Bowen Arlington, Texas 76016
817-467-9922
Thursday, May 3rd 5p-9p *Drop your receipt at the door and 20% of food sales will be donated*

Golf Tournament @ Tierra Verde Sunday, May 6th 8:30a
817-478-8500
Entries are due April 30th.
4 person scramble, $100.00 per player, lunch included

Jesus_Freak
04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks cmack for the update. I will slightly modify the first post for the new info. I am so happy for your bro's prospect and for Trinity's good news. Keep us informed.

funk
04-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Maybe late but still necessary for prayers. My mother had surgery yesterday for another malignant tumor on her liver, she's been fighting cancer now for 10 years and she's still only 59. All went well, the tumor wasn't actually in her liver as diagnosed but in between the liver and intestine. So chemo may not be necessary since it hasn't registered in her blood yet. Anyway, thanks for the thread and prayers for a speedy recovery and a VERY long remission!!

BlackwaterMC
04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Still loking for a job please keep my family in your prayers!!

Jesus_Freak
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Still loking for a job please keep my family in your prayers!!

Will do as always.

Maybe late but still necessary for prayers. My mother had surgery yesterday for another malignant tumor on her liver, she's been fighting cancer now for 10 years and she's still only 59. All went well, the tumor wasn't actually in her liver as diagnosed but in between the liver and intestine. So chemo may not be necessary since it hasn't registered in her blood yet. Anyway, thanks for the thread and prayers for a speedy recovery and a VERY long remission!!

Welcome. Thanks for the post. It is never too late for seeking the Savior.

jimmer2880
04-12-2007, 06:08 AM

Just wanted everyone to know that the family is making it through. It's been a long, tough month, but his wife & kids are doing well. Much of that has to do with the strength of their faith & the wonderful support group that surrounds them.

Even though they will never fully recover (as if anyone could), there are others who need much more help than they do at this time, so you can take them off your list if you'd like.

thank you very much.

Jesus_Freak
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that the family is making it through. It's been a long, tough month, but his wife & kids are doing well. Much of that has to do with the strength of their faith & the wonderful support group that surrounds them.

Even though they will never fully recover (as if anyone could), there are others who need much more help than they do at this time, so you can take them off your list if you'd like.

thank you very much.

Great news and wise post. Thank you.

Jesus_Freak
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I am going to add the families and friends of those who were killed today at VT....what a shocking, horrible tragedy.

Edit: Also the health/recovery of the survivors.

dapicatti
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I am going to add the families and friends of those who were killed today at VT....what a shocking, horrible tragedy.
Thank you. They need all the prayers we can give them.

cmack
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
JF,
Thanks for adding Family/Friends for the VT victims

cmack
04-17-2007, 01:13 PM
RexDog1,
Just wondering how your Mom's post surgery recovery is going?

Bruce,
I was also wondering how Jean is doing?

Funk,
How did you Mothers surgery go?

cmack
04-17-2007, 01:44 PM
JF,

I jave an update to my coworkers Mother. She had surgery and they were able to remove a large tumor. The surgery was much easier and shorter than expected. She is going through chemo but prognosis is better now.

Update for Trinity:
Trinity and Family are having some hard time because of the Dr.s visits.
She need prayers for strength. I feel so badly for this little girl and her family.
Some snips from her Journal (written by her mom).
04/16
Today Trinity was a little upset...looks like she's starting to loose her hair! She came home from school today and said that she noticed quite a bit of hair on her desk after lunch. Then at the doctor today I was taking her hair down (from a pony tail) and brushing it to get her ready for her treatment and hair just fell to the floor. Poor thing...what am I sapposed to say? How do I make this better?
04/13
After radiation it was off to the oncologist office. Trinity was so nervous! When it came time to take blood she flipped out. They had the needle in her arm trying to find the vein and she started hyperventilating, and screaming to the point that she broke out into a sweat and nearly passed out. She's never done that before...I was so scared!! We both were in tears. My friend Jenn was with us, and thank god for that because I don't think I could have held it together without her! Especially later when my sweet little girl held me tight and said "sometimes it's not good to be alive, why do these people torture me?" That truly broke my heart. I just wanted to make it all go away!!
04/12
I did hear back from the Make A Wish Foundation today...not so good. They can not grant Trinity's wish to go to the Bahamas and stay at the Atlantis. Apparently you have to at least 10 years old to travel internationally. I cried!! How can they not grant her 1 wish??? They are going to look into other options and call me sometime within the next week. When I told Trinity, she was quite upset!! She was so looking forward to sleeping in the big towers and swimming with the dolphins!
04/11
Today was awesome! Trinity had her Pentamidine treatment today (immune system boost). She did very good. It is about an hour long breathing treatment done at the Pulminologist office. It was kind of weird because they put her in a little isolation tank, this is to keep the medication from getting out in to the open air, they say it's pretty strong.

starman205
04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
jf,

Please add my wife to your prayer list. Two summers ago she was diagnosed with rectal cancer. After surgery and subsequent treatments she was cancer free for the last year. Unfortunately a recent PT/CT scan showed two suspicious spots, one in her left lung and one in her liver. Biopsy results showed that they were cancerous and that the original cancer has metastisized, which means stage 4 (most serious)cancer. We both are in shock. By man's odds the chances of long terrm survival are not good (avg life expectancy 17 months). Please pray for God in his mercy to move mightly in the healing of my wife.

In Christ,
Fred

Bruce
04-17-2007, 06:11 PM
RexDog1,

Bruce,

Funk,

cmack, thanks for asking. We are just coming off the bad news weekend after chemo. She is so week it breaks my heart. Has been passing out which I think is seizures brought on by chemo. Keep the prayers coming!
God Bless,
Bruce

cmack
04-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Fred,
I'm very sorry to hear about your wife she will be in our prayers.

Bruce,
I am very sorry to hear. We will keep praying for strength and healing

starman205
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Bruce,

Looks like we have a lot in common. I am praying for God to miraculously heal your wife.

Fred

Slinkyredfoot
04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I would like to send out a prayer request to the family of Rachel Hill, a victim of the VT slayings...the father of the family is a very close associate of the Depuy family, my heart felt sympathy goes out to all that have suffered in this tragic loss. I cannot fathom the grief and sadness these families are experiencing at this moment. I am truly sad...

Bruce
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=starman205]
Thanks Fred, Indeed we do. Since I read about your wife I have been praying for her also. We believe in miracles as I'm sure you all do. God is good he will get us all through this.

Looks like we have a lot in common. I am praying for God to miraculously heal your wife

dapicatti
04-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Fred and Bruce;

I will be praying for both of your wives. Just know that there are many of us out here who care.

Leroy
04-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Today I found out I lost my a friend, ski buddy, and someone I had worked with for the past 15 years. Mark was a great guy and I skied with him and Dan almost every week in the summer for the past 3 years.

Tuesday I went by his office and someone said he was out, probably testing something. THis morning people came by my office asking if I knew anything. I don't know details yet, but ends up he had a car accident Sunday night or Monday on the way to work and was killed.

Dan is on the left, his 70 year old uncle in the middle, and Mark on the left of a ski outing last summer.

My prayers are with you Mark.

Hoosier Bob
04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Not who went with us last summer? Sorry Leroy. I do not know what to say.

Take care.

Leroy
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes he went with us last summer, everyone is shocked at home and work. You just don't expect those 1 in 100,000 traffic deaths to be that close.....

Thanks Bob.

bcampbe7
04-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry to hear this Leroy. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Jesus_Freak
04-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I am sorry Leroy.

I am still praying for all of you. Please give us updates when you can.

Leroy
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks Bob, Beau, and JF. I've worked for 24 years now and never had anyone I knew of at work involved in an accident and die. It is really a shock.

André
04-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry to read that Leroy.
One more reason to do things you like NOW...You never know.:(

cmack
04-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Leroy,
I'm sorry for your loss. We will keep Mark's family and friends in our prayers.

suedv
04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Leroy,
I too am really sorry for your loss. Accidents like this really bring the message home... we can't take life for granted. I will keep you and his family in my prayers.
Sue

Monte
04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Please be in prayer for my grandfather, my grandmother passed on today, they've been married for 70 years. I am positive that she is walking with the Lord, and I am ok with it, although I will miss her.

Sodar
04-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Please be in prayer for my grandfather, my grandmother passed on today, they've been married for 70 years. I am positive that she is walking with the Lord, and I am ok with it, although I will miss her.

Sorry to hear that Monte. Prayers with your Granddad. But man, 70 years, that is one heck of an achievement!

stevo137
04-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Leroy, very sad news. Lifting you up in my thoughts my friend.
Tell his family that the MC family here shares their sadness.

stevo137
04-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Monte, 70 years is incredible! What a great looking couple they were, soul mates for sure.
I am sorry to hear about your loss.
I am sure that she had a great life full of joy and left you with great memories.

Monte
04-26-2007, 11:16 PM
SS, Stevo, you don't know how much your thoughts mean....... Thanks!

Monte
04-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Leroy, I am sorry for your loss, I lost my best friend at 18, It was tough! Just know that God has better plans!

Leroy
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Monte; So sorry to hear about your loss. Your grandparents are great looking in the picture. That will be very difficult on your grandfather. My prayers are with him and you.

In bible studies we have been talking about we really don't understand the master plan and it's hard when bad things happen to good people, but someone much greater than us is in control.

Bruce
04-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Leroy and Monte you both as well as the families involved will be in my prayers. I certainly don't have any answers but I do believe he has a plan for all of us, if we choose , to be with him one day and to join all those we have loved and lost.

Monte
04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Monte; So sorry to hear about your loss. Your grandparents are great looking in the picture. That will be very difficult on your grandfather. My prayers are with him and you.

In bible studies we have been talking about we really don't understand the master plan and it's hard when bad things happen to good people, but someone much greater than us is in control.

Believe it or not, he was 89 in that picture, she was 85........... It was taken last year on Easter Sunday....

TX.X-30 fan
04-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Leroy, monte, very sad to read of your losses. I have lost a few close to me and believe I am a better person having known them. So a part of them lives on, thats just how I coped with loss.

Monte
04-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Leroy, monte, very sad to read of your losses. I have lost a few close to me and believe I am a better person having known them. So a part of them lives on, thats just how I coped with loss.
Thanks Texas!

dapicatti
04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Leroy
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It really makes you want to live each day to the fullest. You and your family will be in our prayers.

dapicatti
04-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Monte;
So sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. I lost mine earlier this year, and you don't realize what a big part of your life they were until you lose them. Your family especially your grandfather will be in our prayers.

maristarman
04-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Leroy, I am sorry about your friend. Senseless freak accidents are so difficult to understand.

Monte, I'm sorry for your family's loss, but at the same time encouraged to hear of such a loving couple that looked so happy after 70 years together.

Their enduring love for each other is such a blessing for you and your familiy, and an inspiration.

Slinkyredfoot
04-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Monte and Leroy, sorry to read about your losses this morning, my thoughts are with both of you guys...I am sorry

Jesus_Freak
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM

Yep, a finite human could never understand the timeless plan of the infinite Father.

Monte72: It was so exciting when she was finally released from the ICU and improving. I am sorry.

cmack
05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Monte -- Sorry for your loss. I'll keep your grandfather in my prayers for his loss.
Also sorry for the delay. I did not see the Prayer Request in the new posts.

cmack
05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
My brother was just offered a job!!!!! Thanks you God, and thanks to all who have prayed for my brother. He was laid off over four months ago. I am still praying for all of the prayer requests including Blackwater and Steve who are looking also.

Thanks again everyone :)

Jesus_Freak
05-04-2007, 10:21 AM
My brother was just offered a job!!!!! Thanks you God, and thanks to all who have prayed for my brother. He was laid off over four months ago. I am still praying for all of the prayer requests including Blackwater and Steve who are looking also.

Thanks again everyone :)

Excellent news. :worthy: to the Father.

cmack
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Prayers to the families hit by the tornado in Greensburg, Kansas. The whole town was destroyed.

Jesus_Freak
05-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you. I was not aware. Wow!

Jesus_Freak
05-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I added mrcrowson and his new adventure to the first post. Any updates from anyone?

mrcrowson
05-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I added mrcrowson and his new adventure to the first post. Any updates from anyone?

Thank you Jesus_Freak,
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/3d_cross_5.gif

betsy&david Harrison
05-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Say a prayer for my swimstep...David is going to try to repair it.:popcorn: :popcorn:

cmack
05-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Say a prayer for my swimstep...David is going to try to repair it.:popcorn: :popcorn:

You have got be to kidding............. Surely you would not ask for prayers for your swimstep

Why not, we are only praying for such trivial things like peoples wives, or family members that have cancer, families who have lost loved ones, people that are without a job.
Why would you want to make a mockery of this thread?

I take your post as an insult to the people that have posted to this thread praying every day for nothing less than a miracle for their loved ones.

sanjuan23
05-11-2007, 04:12 PM

betsy&david Harrison
05-11-2007, 04:18 PM
You have got be to kidding............. Surely you would not ask for prayers for your swimstep

Why not, we are only praying for such trivial things like peoples wives, or family members that have cancer, families who have lost loved ones, people that are without a job.

I take your post as an insult to the people that have posted to this thread praying every day for nothing less than a miracle for their loved ones.
So sorry to offend you. It has never been my intention to hurt anyone ...feelings or beings. May the lord have mercy upon me!

Ric
05-11-2007, 04:48 PM

I take your post as an insult to the people that have posted to this thread praying every day for nothing less than a miracle for their loved ones. Lighten up Francis .

André
05-11-2007, 05:10 PM
:D
No problems Betsy I'll pray for your swimstep!
TMC#1 is my Lord and he says it's OK to pray for your teak!;)
Hope it turns out good!
And to whoever think this is a mockery ,lighten up or I'll post a pic of a Malibu and this thread will disappears...
And to the ones that want things to changes around them,i hope they do for the best!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-11-2007, 05:19 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

H20skeefreek
05-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Whoa! Before this get's out of hand, we all need to relax. When Jesus taught us to pray, he taught us to pray, "Father....your will be done." If anyone wants prayer for anything, we can let the Father decide if it's worthy. Please everyone note that this thread is serious, not that a little levity can't be brought in, that certainly wouldn't hurt. If you don't believe (and I'm not making that comment towards anyone) please don't post jokes mocking this topic, as it is something that "we" believe in, and we hope that you will too one day.

cmack
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Understanding that there is a time and place for levity in certain situations I do not think it was her intention to make a mockery or be insulting.
SNIP...
Yes I agree there is a time and place for levity. Maybe even more so in this thread. I did not feel levity with Betsy's post. I am not a PC person but I was offended by it.

Lighten up Francis .
:D
SNIP...And to whoever think this is a mockery ,lighten up or I'll post a pic of a Malibu and this thread will disappears...SNIP
I will not defend how I feel about this thread. It is important to me and to others.

So sorry to offend you. It has never been my intention to hurt anyone ...feelings or beings. May the lord have mercy upon me!

I need to apologize for not PMing you and asking the context. By your response, I don't believe you meant any disrespect. I should have asked you privately and that is my fault.

cmack
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Thank you for your post H2O

Ric
05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Whoa! Before this get's out of hand, we all need to relax. When Jesus taught us to pray, he taught us to pray, "Father....your will be done." If anyone wants prayer for anything, we can let the Father decide if it's worthy. Please everyone note that this thread is serious, not that a little levity can't be brought in, that certainly wouldn't hurt. If you don't believe (and I'm not making that comment towards anyone) please don't post jokes mocking this topic, as it is something that "we" believe in, and we hope that you will too one day.

Well said. Now that everyone is calm, I'd like to remind cmack that H2o's last sentence here applies to his response to Betsy.

As a believer, I'd like to ask you how well you are spreading the word when you get so upset with a comment from someone you don't know?

betsy&david Harrison
05-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes I agree there is a time and place for levity. Maybe even more so in this thread. I did not feel levity with Betsy's post. I am not a PC person but I was offended by it.

I will not defend how I feel about this thread. It is important to me and to others.

I need to apologize for not PMing you and asking the context. By your response, I don't believe you meant any disrespect. I should have asked you privately and that is my fault.

Apology accepted. BUT if you knew the work my husband does, you would have known that I was SERIOUS!

RexDog1
05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Lighten up Francis .

What she said………….^^^^^^^^^^^^^8p

Wow……….sometimes you need to lighten up, when life turns on you,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This thread is very serious at times……. but if BB would like me to pray for a swim step
Why not ??

I would like to thank JF for this thread ………………………….:headbang: Thanks my frend

cmack
05-11-2007, 08:42 PM
First of all:
Betsy,
I know now that you did not mean for your comment to be insulting. I'm sorry but that is exactly how I took it. I do apologize how I reacted to your post as I said before I should have PM'd you and asked. I did not and it was wrong of me to assume the context of your post. I am sorry for my reaction.

That being said, I'm really sick of everyone telling me to lighten up. I feel the way I feel and that is that. If I feel like my Christianity or beliefs are being insulted I will say so. At the time of writing my post, that is exactly how I felt.
She did not mean it that way. I apologize to her for my reaction.
I will speak up when I feel something is wrong. I will also say when I am wrong.
Betsy -- Please accept my sincere apology.

SNIP…….BUT if you knew the work my husband does, you would have known that I was SERIOUS!

Are you worried for his safely while doing the work? I could pray for that ;) Some people can’t handle power tools. I guess a palm sander could be dangerous.

Maristar210
05-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Cmack-

I am one of your allies. I have donated hundreds of dollars both in cash and in auction items. I did not have to.

I am a Christian. I am a Catholic. I have spent more time in a church than most people and I a afraid to say:

This is a Mastercraft site and you over reacted to a post in this thread.

05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Leroy
05-11-2007, 10:16 PM
There is no prayer too small or large. The work of the lord is great, mysterious, and beyond our expectations. And it is not for us to judge.

We all know to pray for "the big one's" but I have found when I ask for something smaller and meaningful for me and I get an answer it means a lot too.

This is from someone that had necrotizing facetious in 2000 and went into surgery with 50/50 chance of coming out alive. I had a lot of prayers that pulled me through.

Good luck on the swim step Betsy! Post a picture when he is done! Maybe we will see some of the Lords work! (not to put any pressure on him! :D )

Apology accepted. BUT if you knew the work my husband does, you would have known that I was SERIOUS!

cmack
05-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Cmack-

I am one of your allies. I have donated hundreds of dollars both in cash and in auction items. I did not have to.

I am a Christian. I am a Catholic. I have spent more time in a church than most people and I a afraid to say:

This is a Mastercraft site and you over reacted to a post in this thread.

How is it that Betsy managed to accept my apology but no one else?
How many more times do I need to apologize?

Cmack-

Please do not throw this in my face. I did not ask for a donation for Trinity. Tscott saw it in his heart to start the donation. I am very grateful for every penny that was donated.

Cmack-
I am, I was.
Catholic church saw fit to throw me out. I thought the church was susposto welcome everyone. I guess it's everyone but me. I have not been to church since (that was seven years ago). I believe in God and I pray the best that I can. That is all I can do.

I have already said I'm sorry and I'm not going to say it again.

mitch
05-11-2007, 11:55 PM
This is frieking hilarious..... :D

Leroy
05-12-2007, 12:16 AM
As someone that went through RCIA class in ~94 and converted to Catholicism I'm not sure I understand your comment and have never seen anyone "thrown out". The church and the people in it have been the most welcoming group I have been around. I sincerely hope that a Priest or anyone made you feel this way.

Sorry to hear about this and I hope there is some way you can see yourself back.

I am in a non-denominational weekly bible study at work that helps me keep at least a few things clear and gives me a little pick me up. Maybe there is something like this that can help. I'm sure Jesus Freak or others would vouch to the value of a group study. I really understand your comment that you believe in God, but there is a lot of value in having support regardless of the church.

I am, I was.
Catholic church saw fit to throw me out. I thought the church was susposto welcome everyone. I guess it's everyone but me. I have not been to church since (that was seven years ago). I believe in God and I pray the best that I can. That is all I can do.

05-12-2007, 09:40 AM
As someone that went through RCIA class in ~94 and converted to Catholicism I'm not sure I understand your comment and have never seen anyone "thrown out". The church and the people in it have been the most welcoming group I have been around. I sincerely hope that a Priest or anyone made you feel this way.

Sorry to hear about this and I hope there is some way you can see yourself back.

I just read this and I had to reply to this.

Leroy, just for the record my family has experienced this personally. A while back My grandmother was uncerimoniously "kicked out" of the catholic church. My grandmother was very ill and was going into surgery, when they asked what denomination she was, she told them at the hospital. The hospital staff asked the priest to come in and say a prayer for her before surgery and the priest denied the request because he said my grandmother was not a member of the church because "financial obligations" were not met. that was the end of her ever stepping foot in any church. She believes in God, but not any church.

I had a similar experience in Lutheran church. When I was in confirmation class, It was about the time when "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie was out. Of course that had religious connections due to the Ark of the covenant and the 10 commandments. well I asked a questions about it in confirmation class, I was asked to leave class. I went home told my parents and my dad and I went out to run some errands. When we came back home, the minister was at my home telling my mother that I "was done" with confirmation class that I wasnt welcome there anymore. Yet, he had the guts to come and ask my parents for a "generous donation" when they were getting renovations done at the church. That is why my family is sour on religion. We have all seen so much hypocrisy associated with religion.

Do I belive in God, yes, I do. But I dont feel I have to go to any church to pay to talk to him.

H20skeefreek
05-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Ok, JF isn't here to moderate, he's in Charlotte at CSM, so I'll take care of it. This is NOT the point of this thread. If we are going to discuss the importance of church membership and fellowship with other Christians, let's do it in another thread. This thread is for the purpose of taking our prayers and praises to the Father, not discussing church politics, or even debating the value of prayer. This thread was started by someone who believes in the power of prayer, for the purpose of taking those prayers to Him. Please debate elsewhere and leave this thread for it's intended purpose.

Bruce
05-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Ok, JF isn't here to moderate, he's in Charlotte at CSM, so I'll take care of it. This is NOT the point of this thread. If we are going to discuss the importance of church membership and fellowship with other Christians, let's do it in another thread. This thread is for the purpose of taking our prayers and praises to the Father, not discussing church politics, or even debating the value of prayer. This thread was started by someone who believes in the power of prayer, for the purpose of taking those prayers to Him. Please debate elsewhere and leave this thread for it's intended purpose.

AMEN & AMEN! Well said.

Ric
05-12-2007, 12:20 PM
How is it that Betsy managed to accept my apology but no one else?
How many more times do I need to apologize?

Please do not throw this in my face. I did not ask for a donation for Trinity. Tscott saw it in his heart to start the donation. I am very grateful for every penny that was donated.

I am, I was.

I have already said I'm sorry and I'm not going to say it again. hey mack, the backlash you are receiving is based on the fact that you apologized to betsy and basically told the rest of us you make no apology...... remember?

My point remains the same as your thought that the church is supposed to welcome everyone.... Your reaction was not very welcoming. This kind of reaction does not help your cause. You see where I'm coming from? I mean, I understand why you reacted the way you did, but I think you should not have reacted the way you did...

I am not talking about who owns this board or any of that, I'm trying to get through to you, that you offended many in reacting to one offended you.

funk
05-13-2007, 11:21 AM
RexDog1,

Bruce,

Funk,

Thanks for your thoughts and caring!
Well, wish I could report good news but it's not so. Recovery from surgery was going well as could be. This week she developed a very swollen throat and severe head/neck pains, was admitted back yesterday, and it has been determined that she had a blood clot that passed into her lungs now. She's very lucky to be in the condition she is from what the doctors have said. So I'm off to church this morning and then to the hospital to spend mother's day! Not desirable but things can always be worse.
Also, in the meantime my wife and I have decided to try and bless her with her first Grandkid. News came in this week that we're 8 weeks and expecting just after Christmas.

Keep us in your prayers,
funk

p.s. Sorry to get back ON topic!

milkmania
05-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I just read this and I had to reply to this.

Leroy, just for the record my family has experienced this personally. A while back My grandmother was uncerimoniously "kicked out" of the catholic church. My grandmother was very ill and was going into surgery, when they asked what denomination she was, she told them at the hospital. The hospital staff asked the priest to come in and say a prayer for her before surgery and the priest denied the request because he said my grandmother was not a member of the church because "financial obligations" were not met. that was the end of her ever stepping foot in any church. She believes in God, but not any church.

I had a similar experience in Lutheran church. When I was in confirmation class, It was about the time when "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie was out. Of course that had religious connections due to the Ark of the covenant and the 10 commandments. well I asked a questions about it in confirmation class, I was asked to leave class. I went home told my parents and my dad and I went out to run some errands. When we came back home, the minister was at my home telling my mother that I "was done" with confirmation class that I wasnt welcome there anymore. Yet, he had the guts to come and ask my parents for a "generous donation" when they were getting renovations done at the church. That is why my family is sour on religion. We have all seen so much hypocrisy associated with religion.

Do I belive in God, yes, I do. But I dont feel I have to go to any church to pay to talk to him.
I tried twice to keep from this threadjack continuing, but I am weak:o

UMP, you rebel, you!

My wife and I are somewhat sour on Church also.
We were dating, and well.... she became pregnant.
They asked us to leave.

been married since July 21st. 1984

Jesus_Freak
05-14-2007, 12:43 PM
A. I love you all, and I am grateful for all who post here and pray. Thank you!

B. We are not to focus on any denomination to be happy or unhappy with. The "church" is the Body of Christ, the sum of all of His followers. If you have made Jesus your Master, then you are my brother or sister.

Betsy, please tell me more (here or in private) about your husband's work and the issues there. I am interested.

Funk, I am indeed sorry about your mother. I will update the first post and continue to pray for her (as I do the others who have posted).

herringtech
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Hey all, hope everyone is well.

I have a request from a good friend. Her father had valve replacement surgery last week, and he is not recovering well. The doctor has summoned the family to Mobile as he is deteriorating. She would like prayers for his recovery.

The whole family is very thankful that either way his eternity is secure. He has a strong faith that he passed onto his entire family. He loves Christ and knows without a doubt where he is going if he is so called.

My friends name is Deb

suedv
05-15-2007, 11:20 PM
To the prayers:
Except for a few small places my rash is mostly gone now and the itching is finally over. That is something I am very thankful for. I sleep all night now that I'm not awake from intense itching. I'm really thankful for that too.

However, I have new issues I'm dealing with. My body HATES me! In the last 2 months I've become anemic and all my hair is falling out. The hair thing is a real bummer... I hate wearing fake hair! It is quite depressing to look in a mirror.

I'm going to an immunologist/allergist on May 31. I'm really hoping I can get some answers.

Jesus_Freak
05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
To the prayers:
Except for a few small places my rash is mostly gone now and the itching is finally over. That is something I am very thankful for. I sleep all night now that I'm not awake from intense itching. I'm really thankful for that too.

However, I have new issues I'm dealing with. My body HATES me! In the last 2 months I've become anemic and all my hair is falling out. The hair thing is a real bummer... I hate wearing fake hair! It is quite depressing to look in a mirror.

I'm going to an immunologist/allergist on May 31. I'm really hoping I can get some answers.

Such good news mixed with the bad. I am joyed to hear about your sleeping. Will keep praying for you.

H20skeefreek
05-18-2007, 12:10 AM
MY WIFE'S WATER JUST BROKE, KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS!

Leroy
05-18-2007, 07:40 AM
My prayers are with you, your wife and the new one! Great excitement!

herringtech
05-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Good luck H20, prayers are going up

Monte
05-18-2007, 08:34 AM

Wow! my prayers are with you guys, good luck, and congrats!

Bruce
05-18-2007, 10:42 AM
H2O prayers heading your way! Best to you both. Is this a first?

X2M
05-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Hope your wife has a safe and easy delivery H20! :)

I have a praise that I wanted to share with you all. Tomorrow night we celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. 60 years!! I am so thankful to have grown-up with the both of them in my life. They are amazing people. :)

H20skeefreek
05-18-2007, 09:52 PM
It is our first! Grace Marie was born at 9:47am, weighing in at 7lbs, 9oz and 18.5 inches. Mom and daughter are doing GREAT! I've been holding her all day marveling at this human creation that God has given us, I can't even fathom how someone could look at a newborn miracle and not believe in a divine Creator. Praise the Lord! Not only has his Grace saved us all, but now I've doubly recieved GRACE!

6ballsisall
05-18-2007, 09:55 PM
It is our first! Grace Marie was born at 9:47am, weighing in at 7lbs, 9oz and 18.5 inches. Mom and daughter are doing GREAT! I've been holding her all day marveling at this human creation that God has given us, I can't even fathom how someone could look at a newborn miracle and not believe in a divine Creator. Praise the Lord! Not only has his Grace saved us all, but now I've doubly recieved GRACE!

Congrats H20!!!!!!!! Kids are awesome!! Enjoy every minute of it and take lots of photos. They grow up QUICK!!

Monte
05-18-2007, 09:56 PM

Congrats!!! Glad mom and Grace Marie are doing well!!:)

bcampbe7
05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Congrats H2O! Glad to hear everyone is doing great.

Leroy
05-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Congrats H20! Get those pictures up soon!

If you can hold your baby and think that if a tornado blew threw and by chance this could happen then, well not a good example, but I've been where you are at 3 times and it is special every time.

fintek9
05-18-2007, 10:24 PM
congrats h2o, big time , enjoy and be patient, they can be a pain in the a.. but in a good way ha ha, take jrandol's advice to heart... love them good and hard, make sure there is no woulda, coulda, shoulda's....
your gonna get a kick out of life now.... let the games begin!!!

fintek9
05-18-2007, 11:03 PM
JF, I could use some. july 18th 05 i lost my oldest boy (Mitch) to cancer, just 17 yrs old. we lost 5 family members in 2 1/2 yrs. I have 2 girls and 2 boys left! yea thats right, big house hold. but my oldest now is derek. 17 yrs now. having a hard time with the loses. 2 weeks ago he called the suicide hot line, we had the police over at 1.30 in the morning knocking at the door. very scary, did'nt even know that that was going throught his head. poor kid got a lot of guilt built up inside that no one know about, he did'nt show nothing! we are very close family, do alot together. church, hobbies, meals at the table every night, the other kids say their ok, d's (derek) had to go 2 weeks in outpatiant theripy, i think it did him good, he had a lot of woulda, coulda, shouldas. with his brother, they hunted, snowboarded,wakeboarded as a pair, he misses that, so do i....
that ordeal really tested our faith, i know in my heart we will make it through this. with the help of god.... pray for us....

Monte
05-18-2007, 11:08 PM
JF, I could use some. july 18th 05 i lost my oldest boy (Mitch) to cancer, just 17 yrs old. we lost 5 family members in 2 1/2 yrs. I have 2 girls and 2 boys left! yea thats right, big house hold. but my oldest now is derek. 17 yrs now. having a hard time with the loses. 2 weeks ago he called the suicide hot line, we had the police over at 1.30 in the morning knocking at the door. very scary, did'nt even know that that was going throught his head. poor kid got a lot of guilt built up inside that no one know about, he did'nt show nothing! we are very close family, do alot together. church, hobbies, meals at the table every night, the other kids say their ok, d's (derek) had to go 2 weeks in outpatiant theripy, i think it did him good, he had a lot of woulda, coulda, shouldas. with his brother, they hunted, snowboarded,wakeboarded as a pair, he misses that, so do i....
that ordeal really tested our faith, i know in my heart we will make it through this. with the help of god.... pray for us....

Our prayers are with you and your family.

fintek9
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
thanx monte. mine with yours also

Leroy
05-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear this Fintek9, one loss is a big problem, 5 losses is unthinkable.

I find with my 16 and 18 yr old, they are a lot closer than I ever imagined.

My prayers are with you

fintek9
05-19-2007, 12:25 AM
thats pretty cool when they all realize their friends is'nt.. friends are friends but families stick together...

thanks leroy

Tim

Jesus_Freak
05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Herringtech, Suedv, Freektwenty, X2momma, and Fintek9: Sorry I have been missing; been extremely busy. Thanks for your posts. The first post has been edited. I will continue to lift up your praises and needs.

BTW: Freektwenty, prepare to enter the real world now....those of us who have children and cannot go ski the course every sunny afternoon. I will be able to outski you in no time. :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-21-2007, 10:36 AM
I have a prayer request all.

My wife just called after a routine doctor check up. She's due with our second in the end of July. All was fine with the pregnancy up until this visit. The doc said he think she (the baby) may have heart problems. Something about the right ventricle not there. We are going to a heart specialist tomorrow @ 2pm.
We could really use all the prayer power we can get here. Our daugthers name will be McKenna Leigh Randol.

sizzler
05-21-2007, 11:04 AM
i am not a religious man......but good luck jeff......

Jesus_Freak
05-21-2007, 01:07 PM

My wife just called after a routine doctor check up. She's due with our second in the end of July. All was fine with the pregnancy up until this visit. The doc said he think she (the baby) may have heart problems. Something about the right ventricle not there. We are going to a heart specialist tomorrow @ 2pm.
We could really use all the prayer power we can get here. Our daugthers name will be McKenna Leigh Randol.

Will do my friend. Let us know about the visit!

6ballsisall
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
We went to a high risk perinatal physician today to get a better diagnosis of what is wrong with unborn McKenna’s heart. She has a tumor… it’s covering what looks to be like about 50-60% of her right ventricle. The name of the condition is called Rabdo Mioma (spelling could be wrong) It was also referred to us as tubersclosis (again spelling could be wrong) 1 in 16,000 people have this so it’s pretty rare, and serious. Generally it’s hereditary, but neither Debi or I are aware that we have it. The doctor told us that potentially either Debi or I have it and may just never knew it.

The doctor told us that if the size of the tumor doesn’t grow any larger McKenna may make it, and just need heart surgery at a very young age. Odds are good that McKenna may have some form of mental retardation and/or challenges along the way in terms of physical growth. It can be a fatal condition so there is that risk as well.

McKenna has been tagged as a high risk birth and will be closely monitored. At the time of birth McKenna will immediately be rushed to a special cardio-neo-natal clinic for observation. Debi has to go every week to this specialist to do another ultrasound to monitor the condition of the baby’s heart. If anything changes, they’ll deliver the baby immediately as heart failure could be imminent. This specialist is referring us to some highly accredited cardiologist to discuss our options and get his opinion on the condition. He made it sound like this is real serious, as he put it “very few new patients get to see him.” We were also referred to see a genetist to try and determine if either Debi or I have this (and if Hailey does.)

That’s about what we know as of today. Certainly this is all shocking considering how easy this pregnancy has been compared to Hailey and up until yesterday everyone thought things were going along just fine. I guess life throws you some curveballs every once in a while.

For those of you that are believers we would really appreciate all your prayers for a miracle.

milkmania
05-22-2007, 05:56 PM
We went to a high risk perinatal physician today to get a better diagnosis of what is wrong with unborn McKenna’s heart. She has a tumor… it’s covering what looks to be like about 50-60% of her right ventricle. The name of the condition is called Rabdo Mioma (spelling could be wrong) It was also referred to us as tubersclosis (again spelling could be wrong) 1 in 16,000 people have this so it’s pretty rare, and serious. Generally it’s hereditary, but neither Debi or I are aware that we have it. The doctor told us that potentially either Debi or I have it and may just never knew it.

The doctor told us that if the size of the tumor doesn’t grow any larger McKenna may make it, and just need heart surgery at a very young age. Odds are good that McKenna may have some form of mental retardation and/or challenges along the way in terms of physical growth. It can be a fatal condition so there is that risk as well.

McKenna has been tagged as a high risk birth and will be closely monitored. At the time of birth McKenna will immediately be rushed to a special cardio-neo-natal clinic for observation. Debi has to go every week to this specialist to do another ultrasound to monitor the condition of the baby’s heart. If anything changes, they’ll deliver the baby immediately as heart failure could be imminent. This specialist is referring us to some highly accredited cardiologist to discuss our options and get his opinion on the condition. He made it sound like this is real serious, as he put it “very few new patients get to see him.” We were also referred to see a genetist to try and determine if either Debi or I have this (and if Hailey does.)

That’s about what we know as of today. Certainly this is all shocking considering how easy this pregnancy has been compared to Hailey and up until yesterday everyone thought things were going along just fine. I guess life throws you some curveballs every once in a while.

For those of you that are believers we would really appreciate all your prayers for a miracle.

we're here for ya, bud

parrish1
05-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Jrandol,
I know things are tough right now. We will pray for you, your wife and daughter.

sanjuan23
05-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Jeff, just wanted to say Jenny and I are here for you. I can't imagine as we are entering our 5th month. I hope and pray for everything to come out for you and your family.

T Scott
05-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Jrandol- you and your family will be in my prayers.

Leroy
05-22-2007, 08:47 PM
My prayers are with you JR.

BIGBADBLUE
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Just said a pryer for you and have added you to my list.

Jesus_Freak
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
....That’s about what we know as of today. Certainly this is all shocking considering how easy this pregnancy has been compared to Hailey and up until yesterday everyone thought things were going along just fine. I guess life throws you some curveballs every once in a while...

Wow! This is going to be a tough curveball. I doubt you need me to remind you that, for the believer, all occurrences are intended to bring a person closer to Him. Stay true to your eternal hope.

Bruce
05-23-2007, 02:03 PM
just finished praying for you all. I will continue. My heart goes out to you. My granddaughter just went thru a high risk pregnancy with premature twin boys. For awhile it looked bad for all three.(too complicated to go over here) But God brought us to it and he brought us thru it. He will do the same for you.

Jesus_Freak
05-23-2007, 03:18 PM
....(too complicated to go over here) But God brought us to it and he brought us thru it. He will do the same for you.

For whoever is interested, that link is http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=15673

Jesus_Freak
05-28-2007, 03:53 AM
JR -- What is the latest?

Dozens of others dealing with public and private issues -- Let me/us hear from you.

fintek9
05-28-2007, 10:24 PM
JR, you and Debi stay strong, have faith, Mckenna is in the lords hands, he works in strange ways my friend. trust him!!!

6ballsisall
05-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Debi and I went to see the top specialist in Atlanta for neo-natal care and got a little hope from them. We first saw a Pediatric Cardiologist who did another ultra sound of her heart to see what she thought and if there was any dramatic change from last week. She told us she was not convinced that McKenna has Rabdomyoma/ Tuberous Sclerosis. She said usually there is more than one tumor which McKenna does not have. She did say it might just be the onset though and that the mass she has could just be the first tumor of more to come so that we still need to monitor weekly for that. She thinks it might possibly be that McKenna will have a double Chambered Right ventricle which would not be good as she would require open heart surgery when she is born. There is also the possibility that it might just be an extra growth of muscle in that area that will never cause a problem. Unfortunately they can not determine more until she is born and has an echo cardiogram. At this point all we can do is keep monitoring her heart weekly for changes, and wait until she is born and can get further testing. Please pray she just has a really strong heart muscle!!!! The genetist told us it was highly unlikely that either Debi, I, or Hailey has Tuberous Sclosis as we dont have the symptoms, that was certainly positive to hear.
Thanks everyone for your uplifting words and kind emails. We have some great friends from this group!

fintek9
05-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Just keep the faith going you two!!! Time will tell.. Take the good news as it comes......

Jesus_Freak
05-30-2007, 12:51 PM
...The genetist told us it was highly unlikely that either Debi, I, or Hailey has Tuberous Sclosis as we dont have the symptoms, that was certainly positive to hear....

Thanks for the continued updates. This is excellent news. Lets all keep praying for that little heart.

starman205
05-30-2007, 01:59 PM
jf,

Just an update on my wifes cancer. Even though it has metastasised they now believe that this particular cancer is a slow grower and the oncologist reccommeded that we just irradiate the present tumors with sterotactic radiation and continue to monitor her with CT Scans every 3 months. My wife is feeling great, her energy level is good and all of her blood work is good. So we are thanking God for this report. Please continue to pray for her.

In Christ,

Fred

6ballsisall
05-31-2007, 05:26 PM
jf,

Just an update on my wifes cancer. Even though it has metastasised they now believe that this particular cancer is a slow grower and the oncologist reccommeded that we just irradiate the present tumors with sterotactic radiation and continue to monitor her with CT Scans every 3 months. My wife is feeling great, her energy level is good and all of her blood work is good. So we are thanking God for this report. Please continue to pray for her.

In Christ,

Fred

This sounds like some positive news. Glad to hear it!

SteveO
05-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Job search is officially over. After 4 months on the hunt, I landed a new position and start tomorrow. No relocation needed, better pay, better people, all around good stuff. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

6ballsisall
05-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Job search is officially over. After 4 months on the hunt, I landed a new position and start tomorrow. No relocation needed, better pay, better people, all around good stuff. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Congrats! Good things happen to good peeps!!

sanjuan23
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Congrats SteveO good to hear!

tex
05-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Congrats!-Now go buy a new boat!

JKTX21
05-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Congrats SteveO!

I'm usually not the kind of person to ask for prayer, etc. About a month ago one of my ski buddies (and more importantly a very good friend of mine) was diagnosed with cancer. His initial prognosis wasn't outstanding. Jake is my age and his personality is like fire and gasoline. I know for a fact he would appreciate you guys sending one up for him if you have a moment.

Here is his blog if you want to check it out. http://jakescancerupdate.blogspot.com/

cmack
06-01-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm sorry guys for not posting some intended replies...

Thanks for your thoughts and caring!
Well, wish I could report good news but it's not so. Recovery from surgery was going well as could be. This week she developed a very swollen throat and severe head/neck pains, was admitted back yesterday, and it has been determined that she had a blood clot that passed into her lungs now. She's very lucky to be in the condition she is from what the doctors have said. So I'm off to church this morning and then to the hospital to spend mother's day! Not desirable but things can always be worse.
Also, in the meantime my wife and I have decided to try and bless her with her first Grandkid. News came in this week that we're 8 weeks and expecting just after Christmas.
Keep us in your prayers,
funk

Funk, I'm very sorry to hear about her recovery. I hope things are getting better now.
Congratulations to you and your wife!! Hopefully the news will help with your Mom's recovery.

I have a request from a good friend. Her father had valve replacement surgery last week, and he is not recovering well. The doctor has summoned the family to Mobile as he is deteriorating. She would like prayers for his recovery.
The whole family is very thankful that either way his eternity is secure. He has a strong faith that he passed onto his entire family. He loves Christ and knows without a doubt where he is going if he is so called.
My friends name is Deb
How is Deb's Father doing? I hope and pray things are going a little better. I'll be sure to keep Deb's Father in my prayers.

To the prayers:
Sue,
How did the Dr. appt go? I hope you got some good news. Are the muscle problems still better? Will be sure to keep praying for you.

This is really awesome H2O. Will pray for speedy recovery for your wife and Grace. I don't have any but think kids are great and newborns are truly a miracle! Congrats!!!!

Fintek9,
Very hard news. I am very sorry to hear. I can imagine how difficult things are for Derek. My brother and I are very close and that kind of loss would be very difficut. Thank God that your family is very close and they had that time together. I'm very for the loss of all five. As others have said that is just too much to deal with. I will be sure to keep your whole family in my prayers.

At this point all we can do is keep monitoring her heart weekly for changes, and wait until she is born and can get further testing. Please pray she just has a really strong heart muscle!!!! The genetist told us it was highly unlikely that either Debi, I, or Hailey has Tuberous Sclosis as we dont have the symptoms, that was certainly positive to hear.
Thanks everyone for your uplifting words and kind emails. We have some great friends from this group!
JR, will be sure to pray Mckenna grows up to be a superb cyclist with the extra strong heart. It has to be very difficult to not know and have to wait. I will be praying for her health.
I was a very high risk baby. My mother fell on a broken stair while she was pregnant. She hurt her back. All of the doctors told her there was a very high risk for her to not survive. She was advised many times over to abort. My parents prayed for miracle, I was delivered via c-section and my mother survived the delivery. I am their miracle baby. I pray that Mckenna will grow up healthy and strong and will be able to say that she is your miracle baby. Faith can really work miracles. I am only here because of my parents Faith in the Lord.

jf,
In Christ,
Fred

Starman,
Great News!!!! I'm praying that this is one of many uplifting updates for you! Will be sure to keep her in my prayers. I also pray we can get this kinda update from Bruce.

Awesome Steve!! My brother also spent 4 months on the job hunt. I'm very happy for you. Sounds like the job is a good fit.
Blackwater -- Still praying for your search hopefully you will be posting some good news soon!

I'm usually not the kind of person to ask for prayer, etc. About a month ago one of my ski buddies (and more importantly a very good friend of mine) was diagnosed with cancer. His initial prognosis wasn't outstanding. Jake is my age and his personality is like fire and gasoline. I know for a fact he would appreciate you guys sending one up for him if you have a moment.

Here is his blog if you want to check it out. http://jakescancerupdate.blogspot.com/

Jeremy, Sorry to hear the news on your friend and of course I will keep him in my prayers. I thought his blog is very uplifting and just wanted to share it.

"...so with the power of god and every ones prayers lets make our own prognoses. That of our faith in Jesus Christ that he can do anything as long as we walk in his path, so lets believe that through him he will grant me the strength and knowledge to the doctors to knock this thing out. These are tough things to tell people and there is no easy way to do it one thing I ask of you is don't say how sorry you are for me because god has his plans and I am still trying to figure what that is and I will. Try to take something from the trials I am going to better yourself or relationship with those close to and most of God he will be the one to lead us though this. I don't think I have fully grasped the magnitude but I'm strong in mind and body and will not give up I give you all my word on that."

H20skeefreek
06-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Hey everyone just a quick update. My daughter, Grace is doing well.the jaundice is gone, and all treatments have stopped. She's a beautiful girl that I count my blessings for everyday. She sleeps well, eats well and doesn't cry very much for the time being. I know that in the future she'll cause me plenty of grey hairs, but for the time being, she's just perfect. I am a little biased though! I'm already working on her ski handle grip and whenever she crosses her legs, she seems to be right foot forward, so she'll have an advantage when she makes an attempt at the world record, and she'll have no distractions since I'm not going to let her date 'til she's 35.

I apologize for lack of updates, I just haven't had much time to check teamtalk since the birth. What time I'm not spending working or with the baby, I'm trying to spend at the lake, but don't worry, I still try to say at least a blanket "General Prayer Request Thread" prayer everyday.

An update to an earlier request: I finally got an update on my co-workers sone Matthew. All is well, and thanks for the prayers!

6ballsisall
06-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Hey everyone just a quick update. My daughter, Grace is doing well.the jaundice is gone, and all treatments have stopped. She's a beautiful girl that I count my blessings for everyday. She sleeps well, eats well and doesn't cry very much for the time being. I know that in the future she'll cause me plenty of grey hairs, but for the time being, she's just perfect. I am a little biased though! I'm already working on her ski handle grip and whenever she crosses her legs, she seems to be right foot forward, so she'll have an advantage when she makes an attempt at the world record, and she'll have no distractions since I'm not going to let her date 'til she's 35.

I apologize for lack of updates, I just haven't had much time to check teamtalk since the birth. What time I'm not spending working or with the baby, I'm trying to spend at the lake, but don't worry, I still try to say at least a blanket "General Prayer Request Thread" prayer everyday.

An update to an earlier request: I finally got an update on my co-workers sone Matthew. All is well, and thanks for the prayers!

Great news!!! I'm with you on the no dating until 35. I keep telling my daughter (2 years old) that she can get married at 40, but he can't ever touch her! 8p

Post pics of her!!

chudson
06-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Great news!!! I'm with you on the no dating until 35. I keep telling my daughter (2 years old) that she can get married at 40, but he can't ever touch her! 8p

Post pics of her!!

"Your son is your son then he finds him a wife,
But you daughter is your little girl the rest of your life"

Heard that once and I thought how true!!!

Jesus_Freak
06-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone - First post has been updated.

Fred - Wonderful news. I am so glad she is feeling well. Will keep praying.

JKTX21 - I am sorry for you and your friend and will do.

SteveO - Excellent!!

Freaktwenty - Excellent about Grace and Mathew. Amazing stuff.

:worthy: :worthy: to the Father for His hearing of our requests.

suedv
06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
For all practical purposes my hair is all the way gone now. I'm still anemic and tired all the time.

The immunologist I went to spent over an hour asking me a ton of questions. He ordered 9 more blood tests. I will not have any answers for a while; some of the blood tests are not things the labs here in Grand Rapids do so they were sent to Mayo Clinic. I guess it can take up to 10 days to get results back from Mayo. I'll just have to be wait and see.

6ballsisall
06-01-2007, 06:49 PM
For all practical purposes my hair is all the way gone now. I'm still anemic and tired all the time.

The immunologist I went to spent over an hour asking me a ton of questions. He ordered 9 more blood tests. I will not have any answers for a while; some of the blood tests are not things the labs here in Grand Rapids do so they were sent to Mayo Clinic. I guess it can take up to 10 days to get results back from Mayo. I'll just have to be wait and see.

We'll pray for your health Sue. Sounds like your tests are going to a highly reputable place for study. Its certainly reassuring to know your getting the best the medical world has to offer, but even better knowing you've got great people on here praying to the ultimate healer.

RexDog1
06-01-2007, 07:24 PM

Sue I was just reading TT in my home office, and my son walked in and I was reading your post….
He ask me what did the tiger say…”your avatar” I read it to him, he said he will put you in his Prayers, and my payers also ……have a good weekend sue………. :)

suedv
06-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the prayers. Sue

herringtech
06-02-2007, 09:31 PM

My friends name is Deb

Good news to report on Deb's father. He had a tough recovery with some complications (including ICU psychosis which my father had after his heart transplant), but is doing great. He is off the respirator and doing great. The doctors think they will discharge him in a week or so. Thanks for all the prayers, he was told about this thread of prayer warriors during the psychosis and had a measurable response on his vitals and his demeanor, so thanks.

Best regards,
Mark Herring

6ballsisall
06-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Good news to report on Deb's father. He had a tough recovery with some complications (including ICU psychosis which my father had after his heart transplant), but is doing great. He is off the respirator and doing great. The doctors think they will discharge him in a week or so. Thanks for all the prayers, he was told about this thread of prayer warriors during the psychosis and had a measurable response on his vitals and his demeanor, so thanks.

Best regards,
Mark Herring

Thats awesome Mark!!! Thanks for the update!!!

H20skeefreek
06-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Post pics of her!!
Well, my wife says I can't post pictures of her on the internet for privacy reasons. But in about 18 years you'll see her as Miss America. And it won't be because I let her in the competition, the Miss America people will contact her, begging for her to take the award. She's absolutely gorgeous!

tex
06-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Didn't Mike Tyson judge the contest one year?

cmack
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Our friend Karen who had multiple myeloma, passed away yesterday. Please Pray for her husband Don. He is having a very difficult time. She batteled multiple myeloma for six and one half years and we were all praying that she would beat it.
Don will only be here in TX for another week or so then he will be back to their little summer spot in the UP.

Jesus_Freak
06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
cmack, I am very sorry. I do not always like HIS answers.

Thanks also for posting the update about Trinity on the other thread. That was great news.

Jesus_Freak
06-06-2007, 12:51 PM
On an related note (but related to the topics of this thread), MC sponsored an In His Wakes ministry event! http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=16814

I thought that was a bold move by MC.

tex
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
We started having an In His Wakes day at our club last year. It's a great program and I highly recomend it other clubs.

Jesus_Freak
06-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks Tex!

I have never actually participated in one; only read about them online.

tex
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
We had around 30 kids last year. We are shooting for 100 this year. It's great to see kids get to ski who would have never had the chance to.

cmack
06-07-2007, 09:24 AM
We had around 30 kids last year. We are shooting for 100 this year. It's great to see kids get to ski who would have never had the chance to.

Hey Tex,
Can you give me some more info about events in Fort Worth? Just PM me if you want. I looked at the website -- http://inhiswakes.com/ but did not see anything listed for TX.

chudson
06-07-2007, 09:44 AM
On an related note (but related to the topics of this thread), MC sponsored an In His Wakes ministry event! http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=16814

I thought that was a bold move by MC.

Sure was, hats off to MasterCraft for takin a knee and being a part of the "In His Wakes Ministry"

We started having an In His Wakes day at our club last year. It's a great program and I highly recomend it other clubs.

Way to go Tex!!!

JKTX21
06-07-2007, 11:54 AM
As I was going to sleep last night I was thinking about my buddy Jake that has cancer and remembered the last time we went skiing. We were sitting around in March and nice day popped up so we decided it'd be best to go out for the first time this season. It was the first ride of the season, my last ride with him, and by far the best time I've had all year.

Jake is done with radiation for now and just started his second round of chemo. He is truly a fighter and the odds are against him right now. If you have a moment, please send one up for him and his family.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14795

Jesus_Freak
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
As I was going to sleep last night I was thinking about my buddy Jake that has cancer and remembered the last time we went skiing. We were sitting around in March and nice day popped up so we decided it'd be best to go out for the first time this season. It was the first ride of the season, my last ride with him, and by far the best time I've had all year.

Jake is done with radiation for now and just started his second round of chemo. He is truly a fighter and the odds are against him right now. If you have a moment, please send one up for him and his family.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14795

Have done and will continue. Thanks for putting a name with a face, for both of you.

6ballsisall
06-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Thought it was time to "bump" this thread. Place your prayer requests peeps!

We had our weekly visit w/ the high risk perinatal doc last Friday and got some slightly promising news. The growth hasn't grown in size in the past two weeks and isn't showing signs of mutation. They aren't as convinced that it is Rhabdomyoma at this point and there is talk that it could just be a very thick moderator band (very good news) So thanks for all the ongoing prayers! We aren't in the clear but things are looking up!
So yesterday we went to her regular OB and they told her she could have the baby at any time (she's 33 weeks now!) because she's already 2cm dialated! So Debi's on bedrest until delivery time! We are hoping/praying we can get a few more weeks behind us at least before our little one makes her first appearance!!

cmack
06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Great News jrandol

Jesus_Freak
06-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Thought it was time to "bump" this thread. Place your prayer requests peeps!

We had our weekly visit w/ the high risk perinatal doc last Friday and got some slightly promising news. The growth hasn't grown in size in the past two weeks and isn't showing signs of mutation. They aren't as convinced that it is Rhabdomyoma at this point and there is talk that it could just be a very thick moderator band (very good news) So thanks for all the ongoing prayers! We aren't in the clear but things are looking up!
So yesterday we went to her regular OB and they told her she could have the baby at any time (she's 33 weeks now!) because she's already 2cm dialated! So Debi's on bedrest until delivery time! We are hoping/praying we can get a few more weeks behind us at least before our little one makes her first appearance!!

Thank you sir for bumping and updating. That is wonderful news! We had our first monkey at 24 weeks. God is good. Keep the news coming.

Bruce
06-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I ask that we all be in prayer for the S.C. firefighters, their families, and friends. As a brother firefighter I certainly have been and I.m sure the other firefighters on this board have been as well. But they need all the prayers we can muster.
Thanks
Bruce

fintek9
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
been in my prayers since I seen it on the news!!

kycat2007
06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I have always wondered why I had gotten to 37 and had not been married and had kids. I think I realized that I have a fear of letting people down. I am always giving to make people happy and helping them but deep down I have a fear of failing and letting people down. I have always been ok on my own because I would not hurt anyone if I did not suceed. I have met someone and she needs the good that I bring to her life but this week I really am sweating my job. I feel that I am going thru the motions sometimes and need a change. I do have alot to be thankful for and I ask God everday to be my shepherd and guide me thru this thing called life. I have transformed my body in this past year which is helping me like myself as well.

Sorry for the ramble. I guess it is hard for me to ask anyone to pray for me. I guess I would like God to help me give more of myself to others unconditionally not fearing if I will let them down if I fail. To guide me and help me with a job change.

thanks

chudson
06-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey it's a bumpy road sometimes and it doesn't hurt to reach out and ask for a little help and to take a load off your chest! From where I sit I see you have a girl, a job and a boat. "Good Man". Keep up the good work!!! Your in my prayers right now especially about your job! Keep your head up!!!.......Cec

kycat2007
06-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I do have a lot and God has blessed me so much. I will try to be more positive and just remember it is just a job. I will continue to ask God to show me the way because he is in charge.

thanks
brad

suedv
06-22-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm frustrated. My doctor finally got my blood tests back from Mayo clinic.

I'm already the queen of autoimmune diseases but these tests indicated more problems. However, there wasn't enough information to make a conclusive diagnosis so off for more blood tests. One of the tests I needed had to be done at the hospital so I went over there. At the hospital two different phlebotomists tried to find a vein in my arm. Eventually they put the needle in and instantly my vein burst so they drew the blood from my hand; it came out so slowly.

Well, now I have a tender arm that is bruised and another week or more to find out more information... hopefully.

I hate waiting!

Leroy
06-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Sorry to hear about this Sue, my prayers are with you. You should be getting the best care if you are going to Mayo.

tex
06-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Hang in there Sue-Waiting sucks. When I got my MRI and CAT Scans done...I waited on the film and drove them to my doc to read. I have no patience! I'm sure that everything will work out!

suedv
06-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Sorry to hear about this Sue, my prayers are with you. You should be getting the best care if you are going to Mayo.

Actually I should make myself more clear. I had to go to the hopital in Grand Rapids for the test because it wasn't something that the various outpatient labs could do because part of the test had to be processed immediately. After that the tests are sent to Mayo to be completed. I'm still here in Michigan.

Jesus_Freak
06-25-2007, 05:17 AM
...Sorry for the ramble. I guess it is hard for me to ask anyone to pray for me. I guess I would like God to help me give more of myself to others unconditionally not fearing if I will let them down if I fail. To guide me and help me with a job change.

Thank you for sharing! Will do and added to Post # 1. We look forward to what HE can accomplish. Keep us informed.

Jesus_Freak
06-25-2007, 05:20 AM
I'm frustrated. My doctor finally got my blood tests back from Mayo clinic.

I'm already the queen of autoimmune diseases but these tests indicated more problems. However, there wasn't enough information to make a conclusive diagnosis so off for more blood tests. One of the tests I needed had to be done at the hospital so I went over there. At the hospital two different phlebotomists tried to find a vein in my arm. Eventually they put the needle in and instantly my vein burst so they drew the blood from my hand; it came out so slowly.

Well, now I have a tender arm that is bruised and another week or more to find out more information... hopefully.

I hate waiting!

Sue, this has been a long, long road for you. I am sorry to hear of the uncertainty and pain. I have been praying for you and will continue.

Bruce
06-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Sue,
you are traveling a rough road. I will continue to hold you in my prayers.

Jesus_Freak
07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Some new updates and requests have been added to the OP. Please keep this thread in mind and keep the udpates coming. Thank you.

suedv
07-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Well I have some test information back.

So I have deficiencies in 3 of the IgG subclasses. This starts giving clues on why I have some of my respiratory problems. The doctor said it also relates to my autoimmune diseases (where my immune system works too hard and fights against parts of my body).

On Tuesday I had more blood work at a different lab from last time and I had 2 more veins blow so I have nice big black and blue areas on my hand and arm. I'm really getting to HATE blood work. I'm also starting to have skin problems again. :(

I'm coming to accept this is just life.

I'm buying lots of colors of bandanas. I'm having a lot of fun accessorizing with the colors I wear on my bald head. Now I'm always on the lookout for cool bandanas. I just wish I could find a MasterCraft bandana!

Hoosier Bob
07-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry to hear this Sue. Take some pictures to pass the time and post them here. Take them of anything! Just shoot and post. You take wonderful pictures!:D

Take care and I am praying for you and more beer! OK, for tonight it is just for you!

Bruce
07-06-2007, 12:13 AM
As some of you know my wife Jean has been undergoing months of heavy chemo for colon cancer (melanoma a very nasty cell). She had a pet scan and we got the results today. Great news it was clean! A spot on the liver was completely gone which the Dr. feels shows the chemo worked so it probably worked on the colon as well. They will do a colonoscopy to be sure but it is looking good! I know many of you have held us in your prayers. We are humbled by your support and Gods grace and Mercy. Keep those prayers coming that the colonoscopy goes well.
To God be the glory!
Bruce