PDA

View Full Version : Scotch

Granite_33
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Any Scotch aficionados out there?

I have started drinking a few scotches here and there and am surprised by the number of scotch makers.

Whats your favorite?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-23-2007, 01:27 PM
My dad likes Scotch. Ms. UMP got him a Johnny Walker gift set for his birthday. It has Red, Black, Gold, and Blue labels. The difference between them is AMAZING when you taste them one right after the other. The Blue is toooooooooo smoooooooooth..... I wont even look at buying that cuz its ultra expensive. :o

barefoot
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I don’t know how or why I started drinking scotch, but it’s the only ‘hard’ alcohol I drink. I usually drink The Macallan 12 year. For the price, nothing else comes close to the taste. I also enjoy Dalmore Cigar Cask and have been sipping on Balvenie 15 and 21 year.

I’m sure you saw this pic on “It’s Friday..time for a drink” thread, but here it is again. One of my buddies closed his restaurant/bars and let me have picks over the scotch. Needless to say, I only have about 2 bottles left :o

roddydog
02-23-2007, 01:33 PM
A wee dram after a cool ski is soooooooo nice, or sitting in front of a fire (inside or out).

Balvenie Double Wood is very nice, it is double casked.
It's second is in old Port barrels so you get a slightly sweet and smooth Port flavor.

MaCallan 18 yr. old (tres cher $$) amazingly smooth.

trickskier
02-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Cutty Sark for me...........:friday:

Monte
02-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I'll take a nice cold Bud Light instead!!!

dh_bennison
02-23-2007, 02:07 PM
As far as scotch goes is has to be a single malt. May fav is Glenmorangie. However living 1 hour south of the Scotish boarder I do get to sample various ones on a regular basis. The best pub in scotland is called the Clach Aig and they have well over 100 different scotchs behind the bar.
But when all is said and done I do perfer a Coors!!

trickskier
02-23-2007, 02:07 PM
I'll take a nice cold Bud Light instead!!!
Bud before 5PM.............Cutty after 5PM..........You need to step-up & take the plunge............:friday:

corey
02-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Mmmmmm yes, huge fan. My father in law turned me onto scotch and he has a nice collection so anything at his place is my favorite.

Being a poor boat salesman I don't drink anything to fancy at my place but Aberlour is my favorite in my price range.

east tx skier
02-23-2007, 02:27 PM
If it's a blend, I prefer Cutty. But I always keep the single malt on hand. But since I drink it on the rocks, with water and a lemon, single malt seems to be wasted on me.

M-Funf
02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I used to drink scotch more. I always had a bottle of one or more of these laying about...Laphroaig 15, Glenmorangie, Ardbeg 17, Balvenie (port wood), Glenrothes, and Aberlour...

As I get older, I don't drink as much scotch...although I do think I still have a couple of bottles in the bar :rolleyes:

Now I drink Gin...oh, and wine...

trickskier
02-23-2007, 02:44 PM
As I get older, I don't drink as much scotch...

That's funny, as I've gotten older, I drink MORE SCOTCH.........:friday:

loeweb
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
beer here..

TMCNo1
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Sweet tea and plenty real lemon slices!

Harvey
02-23-2007, 04:43 PM
I usually keep Glen Livet, Johnny Walker Blue label, and Glenmorangie. I drink the Livet cause its cheaper and a family tradition. I drink the Glenmorangie when I want a little more taste. And I drink a glass of Blue Label on special occasions like birthdays. I would have a much bigger scotch collection if 1. I didn't drink it all and 2. I didn't have a boat.

Granite_33
02-23-2007, 05:44 PM
I don’t know how or why I started drinking scotch, but it’s the only ‘hard’ alcohol I drink. I usually drink The Macallan 12 year. For the price, nothing else comes close to the taste. I also enjoy Dalmore Cigar Cask and have been sipping on Balvenie 15 and 21 year.

I’m sure you saw this pic on “It’s Friday..time for a drink” thread, but here it is again. One of my buddies closed his restaurant/bars and let me have picks over the scotch. Needless to say, I only have about 2 bottles left :o

Now that...........is a Scotch collection!!!

Granite_33
02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
My dad likes Scotch. Ms. UMP got him a Johnny Walker gift set for his birthday. It has Red, Black, Gold, and Blue labels. The difference between them is AMAZING when you taste them one right after the other. The Blue is toooooooooo smoooooooooth..... I wont even look at buying that cuz its ultra expensive. :o

Blue Label = $$$$$$

Too much for me to buy........then share with others!!

barefoot
02-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Now that...........is a Scotch collection!!!

I have to admit all that scotch was purchased really inexpensively. I would have never experienced half of what was in that picture had I paid full price. I mean, my buddy’s restaurant was top notch all the way. There wasn’t a lot of corner cutting…which probably ultimately lead to the restaurant’s demise.

BTW, I poured a Balvinie 21 year PortWood finish to start my weekend! Life is good!

lokispeed
02-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Macallan - its the Mack.

jbfootin
02-23-2007, 10:07 PM
My dad drinks scotch. He gave me one a couple years back and I did not care for it and he told me it takes a few tries and it will grow on me. He was right:D I still like beer first, but once in a while, I treat myself to a scotch...

thijs
02-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I couldn't seem to find the Rye whiskey option, had to choose gimme a beer instead.

please lets try to be a little Canadian frendly here! lol

Bruce
02-24-2007, 11:35 AM
You mean you can still find scotch? I thought I drank it all up before I gave up booze!

tex
02-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I stay away from it. I hate it all...well except for the really expensive stuff! I guess that's why!

JohnnyB
02-24-2007, 06:11 PM
A couple of my co-workers are scotch drinkers...not for me.

I'm a beer guy....mostly Bud Light.

However, I do have a Martini or a Whiskey or Brandy Manhattan once in a while......actually, 1 cosmopolitan, 1 dirty martini, 1 Brandy Manhattan was what I had for dinner last night:D

Leroy
02-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I've tried couple times, but never been able to develop a taste for scotch.

Footin
02-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I like it mixed with 7up, but it give me a nasty headache the next day.

shepherd
02-25-2007, 08:48 AM
My personal favorites are Glenmorangie 18 and Laguvalin (very smoky).

JohnnyB
02-25-2007, 09:12 AM
....threadjack...

Footin'

Nice Avatar......

"Hong Kong Phooey...#1 Super Guy...."

What was the name of his cat sidekick???

Granite_33
02-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I couldn't seem to find the Rye whiskey option, had to choose gimme a beer instead.

please lets try to be a little Canadian frendly here! lol

HA!! Good point! There are some good whiskies from Canada.

Footin
02-25-2007, 02:20 PM
....threadjack...

Footin'

Nice Avatar......

"Hong Kong Phooey...#1 Super Guy...."

What was the name of his cat sidekick???

Cats name was Spot.

herringtech
02-25-2007, 02:53 PM
The Macallan 18 years old is my favorite. I like their 25 year old too, but its so expensive.