PDA

View Full Version : Illinois

cbryan70
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Since the weather has been amazing im starting to think/hope some people go boating around central illinois. Around shelbyville or champaign.

Doug Meeker
02-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Our lake still has about 10 inches of ice. Hopefully some 50 degree rain will melt it quick. As soon as it's off, we'll be skiing.

We are 20 minutes west of Champaign on I 74.

www.theliquidedge.com

chudson
02-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm in Urbana, did you see the Channel 3 news last night about the guy and his wife skiing over at Clinton Lake a couple of days ago? And I am now were near ready to go to the lake!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The boats in the shed and it has about a 3 1/2 foot slowly melting drift wrapped around it!!!

Doug Meeker
02-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I may be wrong but I think that was one of the executives from the Beckman Institute. I can't remember his name. But he and his wife stopped by the shop last year and talked about skiing every month of the year.

chudson
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I may be wrong but I think that was one of the executives from the Beckman Institute. I can't remember his name. But he and his wife stopped by the shop last year and talked about skiing every month of the year.

Van Anderson, and he used to be Director of Printing Services were I work part time!!! And that's his claim to fame and they are in the water every month of the year for like the past 150 some months

slalomskifreak
02-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Our lake still has about 10 inches of ice. Hopefully some 50 degree rain will melt it quick. As soon as it's off, we'll be skiing.

We are 20 minutes west of Champaign on I 74.

www.theliquidedge.com

I have been wanting to stop by there. I have watched that lake for years as I drive between Indy and Peoria. Saw the course go in and then the islands be build along with the dock/shed. I will be stopping by as our Pro shop in Indy really sucks.

Curt

cbryan70
02-22-2007, 09:41 PM
20 min west on 74 thats not to bad of a trip only bout an hour from where im at. You go to shelbyville at all?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-23-2007, 11:56 PM
It's not looking to good for skiing around here.....

cbryan70
02-24-2007, 03:27 AM
DONT depress me! I am not getting my boat out until may 1st but i def want to go before that! this weather is depressing.

SKI*MC
02-24-2007, 09:48 AM
we just got POOPED on around here by one big snowman. A little less then a foot here.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
we just got POOPED on around here by one big snowman. A little less then a foot here.
But a whole pile more on the way tonight!:mad:

MasterCrafting
02-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Steve, i was in Slinger today...9 inches of fresh at switz.

Doug Meeker
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I have been wanting to stop by there. I have watched that lake for years as I drive between Indy and Peoria. Saw the course go in and then the islands be build along with the dock/shed. I will be stopping by as our Pro shop in Indy really sucks.

Curt

Give me a call if you think you have time to stop by. Everything is crazy right now. We are just about to finish an addition to the proshop. Hopefully we'll be laying carpet by the weekend. We live in the shop (literally) - our house is attached. So unless we are in town, we are always open.

Doug

217-649-2698

Doug Meeker
02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
20 min west on 74 thats not to bad of a trip only bout an hour from where im at. You go to shelbyville at all?

Haven't been to Shelbyville in a couple of years. With two slalom courses in our back yard, we tend to stay around home. Although, we occasionally go to Clinton with some friends for some warm water skiing.

Stop by anytime.

Doug

Doug Meeker
02-26-2007, 12:25 PM

Curt
A quick plug for our proshop...If you have time to take a couple of sets, the best way is to stop by, demo a couple of skis or boards, work on the set up, and then leave with what works best for you. The lake is about 50 feet from the door of the shop. This year we will have our TT-197 on a lift for the slalom skiers. And for a wakeboard boat, we will alternate with whatever somebody wants to demo, X2-XStar, etc.

Planning an open house towards the middle of April.

chudson
02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Here's the local news report on the skiers at Clinton Lake ( power plant lake ) from last week. A tech that works on a machine in my shop is neighbors to this guy and he said sometimes he has to lay on his belly and chop a path through the ice to get to the lake.......... http://www.illinoishomepage.net/media_player.php?media_id=952

slalomskifreak
02-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info Doug. I look forward to stopping in.

Curt

cbryan70
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah i wanna stop in two thats about half way to isu from me how convienent!

Doug Meeker
02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah i wanna stop in two thats about half way to isu from me how convienent!

CB - Where are you from? How often to you head back to ISU? The Pantagraph just called last week. They are doing an article on the ISU waterski team and they wanted some info from us. Hopefully they will be out this spring to take some pictures.

cbryan70
03-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Well originally from elgin illinois but i go to eastern illinois...ehhh isu i dunno ALOT of my friends go there so a few times a semester usually. i love how isu and u of i has a waterski team and eiu doesnt and we have all the lakes right next door. Ive tried gathering interest but no one will do anything and now its to late becuase im graduation this semester in may!

onlyinboards
03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Anyone here from out at Oak Run by Galesburg, IL (Spoon Lake)?

cbryan70
03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
where is galesburg?

onlyinboards
03-02-2007, 06:05 PM
haha :) It's about 45 min west of Peoria.