PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs last dance

chudson
02-22-2007, 09:42 AM
I know there are a few U of I grads out there so enjoy the link to "The Chiefs" last dance and to those of you who have Native American mascots at your college enjoy while you can because the NCAA has deamed them as "hostile and abusive".

http://fightingillini.cstv.com/genrel/022107aaa.html

:(

Highflyer
02-22-2007, 11:10 AM
That was a great last dance!!! U of I grad '02 with an 2006 Orange X-45.

Thanks for the post.

Highflyer

Workin' 4 Toys
02-22-2007, 11:59 AM
They showed on the news last night they are going to be removing the logo too.....:confused:

ski_king
02-22-2007, 12:02 PM
The same thing happened to my daughters school, Indiana University of PA (IUP). They were known as the Indians, now they are nameless.
http://www.iup.edu/mascot/

betsy&david Harrison
02-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I know there are a few U of I grads out there so enjoy the link to "The Chiefs" last dance and to those of you who have Native American mascots at your college enjoy while you can because the NCAA has deamed them as "hostile and abusive".

http://fightingillini.cstv.com/genrel/022107aaa.html

:(
GEE , I wonder who caused this...the "hostile and abusive" part.:(
This is just another episode in politics of Political Correctness isn't it. Too bad for those with Native American blood in them.

River Rat
02-22-2007, 12:39 PM
No more Cowboys and Indians on campus for the little kids!!! Next they won’t be able to play cops and robbers because they may offend criminals

X-45
02-22-2007, 01:13 PM
University of Tennessee mascots are Smokey and the Volunteer. The Volunteer runs around in a frontier outfit. He did to carry a mock up of a black powered rifle. They took it away from him a few years ago. Last year they retired the last emblem where he carried a gun. Guess when the people from Tennessee volunteered to fight the British, Indians and war of 1812 they didn't take there guns.

Willski
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
It's sad. I was at the game on Sunday. Almost brought a tear to my eye. '94 grad.

Doug Meeker
02-22-2007, 05:45 PM
I grew up with the Chief. Hostile, no. If anything it taught me as a kid to respect.

Last night my 18 month old stopped playing, stood up and watched the last dance. Not sure why, it's like he understood.

www.theliquidedge.com

cm02WS6
02-22-2007, 07:42 PM
The Chief will be missed. It doesn't surprise me though, its seems the outspoken minorities are taking away everything, slowly but surely.

Hey, if anyone wants to buy our club's orange and blue boat I'll make a couple of big Chief stickers and slap them on the side.

slalomskifreak
02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Grew up in East Peoria. Wonder if they will do the same to the Bradley Braves? It just wouldn't be the same. On a side note: I spent 12 years serving this country in the military and I hang my head in shame as we cave in to the offended few. Venting, sorry!

Monte
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
That really stinks... Does it really offend people, or do other people just think it offinds other people???? That really stinks...