PDA

View Full Version : PS 205 Windshield

Footin
01-12-2005, 01:51 PM
The center section of my windshield on my 94 205 is sagging a little. It still closes ok, but when closed it is about 1/8 to 1/4 lower than the other side it meets up against. I tried to lightly bend it up to correct but was afraid to break something. Any ideas for an adjustment? or should I leave it alone and be happy.

east tx skier
01-12-2005, 02:22 PM
The hinge pin that holds the walkthrough section in place on mine tends to slide down a bit as I open and close it. I gently tap it back in and forget it until next time. Perhaps that pin is bent (the only thing I can think of that would cause it to sag). If you can find a replacement, it ought to just slide into place.

MarkP
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Footin, possible your windshield has loosened up a little where its bolted to the hul?? May be allowing that whole side to sag??

east tx skier
01-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Mark, you may owe me a drycleaning bill. That avitar made me pi$$ myself.

MarkP
01-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Sorry Doug, (he cracks me up too)

He may not be up long. Its hard for even me to take me seriously with that guy goin at it. (not that I say much anyway)

mitch
01-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Footin, Is boat on the or in the water when this happens. My Tristar did the same thing on the trailer, but not in the water.
Mark, You been killing me

Diesel
01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Footin, possible your windshield has loosened up a little where its bolted to the hul?? May be allowing that whole side to sag??

My recomendation would be to pull all windows and the entire window frame off the boat and start over. I almost lost my passenger side glass a few times into the lake and my driver's side once. The glass had a bad habbit of working its way out of the frame over time. In addtion the walk through window was always out of alignment. I got sick of always having to mess with it.

I finally took everything off (had the frame powdercoated as well) and reattached with nyloc stainless fasteners. I have not had a problem since (4+ years). I think my dealer just didn't do a good job of initially attaching the windows. Also I am really surprised Nyloc fasteners were not used in production.

Hope it helps..........
OD

Leroy
01-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Mark; that guy is too busy! Dooooo soooooomething abooooout him!

MarkP
01-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Leroy,

I know!! Dude has got to go!! But I lost my “Taz”, And cant yet get my snow skier small enough.. I hope I’m not stuck with this guy long.. Couple a few months anyway..

milkmania
01-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Leroy,

And cant yet get my snow skier small enough.. I hope I’m not stuck with this guy long.. Couple a few months anyway..

send me the link where he's at, or e-mail him to me. or PM or somrhting like that, and I'll paintshop him, down and get him back to ya

if ya want:purplaugh

Footin
01-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Mitch, Boat is on the trailer, I have not check it on the water yet.

jimmer2880
01-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Leroy,

I know!! Dude has got to go!! But I lost my “Taz”, And cant yet get my snow skier small enough.. I hope I’m not stuck with this guy long.. Couple a few months anyway..

Try reducing the quality of the PIC. Avatar's usually depend on file size, not physical size. When you do a "save as", click advanced & move the "quality" slider to the left. This is for Microsoft Photo Paint (free with Office).

I do love the guy though.... Can I steal him?

east tx skier
01-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Leroy,

You gotta keep him. He's awesome!

MarkP
01-13-2005, 01:17 PM
You gotta keep him. He's awesome!
He does have a good rhythm going. Slap…Slap…Slap…Slap…

Couple a few months anyway.:D .

Brn85ss
01-13-2005, 02:35 PM
What are Nyloc fastners? Never heard of them.

milkmania
01-13-2005, 11:07 PM
He does have a good rhythm going. Slap…Slap…Slap…Slap…

Couple a few months anyway.:D .

if it had sound, I think it'd be saying "who's your daddy now?"

Ben
01-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Nyloc fasteners are like regular hex nuts with a little internal nylon doughnut on one end. As you torque the nut, the nylon is deformed to mate to the bolt thread and serve as a locking feature for the joint.

Footin: Ours has similar issues, you have to lift up on the window to close it. The hinge is slightly ripped on the top & bottom, between the pivot/hinge and the hole for the fastener. You may want to check for this. Very noticable, we have about a 1/16" to 1/8" gap that is about 3/4" long if I remember. Finding a new hinge is on the winter list, not got to it yet though.

MarkP
01-14-2005, 09:26 AM
if it had sound, I think it'd be saying "who's your daddy now?"

I like it:uglyhamme

Brn85ss
01-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks Ben

I just had a language brain fart,always called them nylon lock nuts.Thought I was missing out on some new fasteners :confused: . sorry

Diesel
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks Ben

I just had a language brain fart,always called them nylon lock nuts.Thought I was missing out on some new fasteners :confused: . sorry

Sorry I wasn't clear. Nyloc is a brand name like Kleenex...... ;)

WTRSK1R
01-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Footin,
I have a '92 ProSport 205, and have had the same problem. If you pull the rubber pad that is covering the windshield mounting screws out, I am betting that you find many are loose. If they are, have someone lift up on the center section of the windshield and retighten them. I found both sides loose, and it made a huge difference in the way the windshield bounced when you hit a wave after tightening them. Good Luck. :toast:

WTRSK1R

OHIOPRO205
01-16-2005, 03:04 PM
DEISEL, What kind of ride is the tire on that you have up their?

Ben
01-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Ohiopro205:
Where do you ski down there? I lived in the area for a few years, still have in-laws close by and was wondering if there are some secret spots. Other than buckeye lake hopefully....

Diesel
01-17-2005, 12:45 PM
DEISEL, What kind of ride is the tire on that you have up their?

My jeep...........

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/6281/DSC005201.jpg

captkidd
01-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Back to the windshield question. If after checking the windshield mounting bolts there is still a noticeable sag in the center section, how about putting a small washer (or two) behind the lower hinge to bring it more in line? I also have a '94 PS205 and I haven't noticed this problem (yet).

As far as Avatars go, I guess I'm going to have to change mine eventually, but it sure screws me up when you guys change yours because I'm so used to seeing the old ones.

Footin
01-19-2005, 12:53 PM
I spoke with a Mastercraft Dealer about the sagging center section, and he told me not to do anything with it until I see if it is sagging with the boat in the water.

Ben
02-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Footin' or Captkidd (or anyone else w/a '94 205):

Wondering if I could ask a favor. The extrusion / hinge on my windshield is broken/ripped & I want to order a new one. Dealer says the part they can get is for 92-93, I'm assuming '94 would be ok, but need a measurement to be 100% sure. My problem is my boat is in a different state for storage right now, so I was wondering if someone could help me with the following 2 numbers:

1. Overall length of the vertical hinge / extrusion assembly for the walk through window.
2. Length of the hinge.

Thanks in advance.

Footin
02-02-2005, 04:35 PM
I can measure it tonight. I would be glad to call you with the numbers or as I measure it to make sure I get the measurements you want.
PM me a number I can call you at tonight.

AirJunky
02-02-2005, 04:56 PM
You can see how my '94 205 windshield sags in this picture.
http://airjunky.com/temp/dual_mirrors.jpg

One of my winter projects is to loosen the starboard side windshield where it bolts into the hull, and see if I can move it so the windshield is lined up again.

Footin
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
That looks about like mine.
Does the "sag" change at all when it is on the trailer, or is it the same all the time?

AirJunky
02-02-2005, 05:04 PM
I've never noticed it change at all. A few years ago I pulled the starboard windshield to install the heater & defogger ducting. I figured it was as a result of not tightening it all back down good. Sounds like it might be the nature of the beast though.

Footin
02-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Ben,

The length of the hinge is 26 1/4 and the total length of the windshield, with the top and botom extrusion is 27 1/4.

Let me know if you need any other numbers or PM a phone #.

Ben
02-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks footin'. My boat is actually in Ohio, can't beat free indoor storage. We pass through relatively often, so as long as I pick it up during a "scheduled" trip, it isn't an inconvenience.

Bill, mine looks about like that too, but is really meesed up and the extrusion is ripped near to screwholes. I don't think they changed designs either, especially from 93-94 (same hull, from what I've read), but wanted to dbl. check before ordering a part...

Anyway, I also plan to pull the ruber strip & retighten all the screws in a few months.... single digits every night & lakes are for ice skating, ice fishing & snowmobiling right now.

Thanks again.