PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Remember an Old Movie Title

Andyg
02-17-2007, 04:17 PM
I need help with the name a movie. I remember watching a movie when I was a kid back in the 80s that was probably filmed in the late 60s or 70s.

From what I remember the movie was based in Alaska or the Yukon in winter. The main actor kills someone by shooting them with a shot gun through a cabin door. Then the guy goes on the run into the wilderness. There are two scenes I remember the best. The first is when he puts his snow shoes on backwards and back tracks down his trail to throw the guys off his trail. The second one is when he falls in a river and then finally gets out. That same river helps him escape. He floats down the river on a chunk of ice.

Does anyone know what the name of this movie is? For some reason I thought Charlton Heston was the lead actor, but I can't find the movie looking through his filmography.

Thanks

Andyg

milkmania
02-17-2007, 05:34 PM
in the little bit of searching I've done so far.....
it appears that a lot of the Alaska filmed movies were actually filmed in BC, and Vancouver:twocents:

found several forums like this http://www.stevesilver.net/mt/archives/006044.html
Just so people know...most movies set in AK are not filmed there....it's all Canada...

milkmania
02-17-2007, 05:40 PM
you might even try this route
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=597193

scratch that:o

Google Answers is no longer accepting questions.

We're sorry, but Google Answers has been retired, and is no longer accepting new questions.
Search or browse the existing Google Answers index by using the search box above or the category links below.

shepherd
02-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Was it Death Hunt? http://www.amazon.com/Death-Hunt-Charles-Bronson/dp/6300247376

I saw it on TV not too long ago (actually I only caught the end of it, so I didn't see the scenes you described). Charles Bronson played the lead, with Lee Marvin.

Andyg
02-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks Sheperd, I am pretty sure that is it. Did it end with Charles Bronson getting shot at as he goes over the peak of a mountain? I thought that movie was older than that. I guess when you are 7 when a movie comes out your concept of time is a little skewed.

shepherd
02-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't think I should tell how it ends here ;)
If you really want to know, PM me

Andyg
02-17-2007, 07:26 PM
I heard a preview for that movie on TV a few weekends ago when I was naping on the couch. Ever since then I have wanted to see it again since it has probably be about 20 years since I saw it. It is now added to the Netflix que.

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I need help with the name a movie. I remember watching a movie when I was a kid back in the 80s that was probably filmed in the late 60s or 70s.

From what I remember the movie was based in Alaska or the Yukon in winter. The main actor kills someone by shooting them with a shot gun through a cabin door. Then the guy goes on the run into the wilderness. There are two scenes I remember the best. The first is when he puts his snow shoes on backwards and back tracks down his trail to throw the guys off his trail. The second one is when he falls in a river and then finally gets out. That same river helps him escape. He floats down the river on a chunk of ice.

Does anyone know what the name of this movie is? For some reason I thought Charlton Heston was the lead actor, but I can't find the movie looking through his filmography.

Thanks

Andyg

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Smokey and the Bandit?????????????

shepherd
02-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Smokey and the Bandit?????????????

No. BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID!

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 09:26 PM
No. BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID!

Didn't they jump off a mountain cliff into a river or sumtin', there ya go!
We are beginning to narrow it down to about 11,347 movies!

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Waddent there a movey called "Independence Day", starring Martina McBride or sumtin' like at!

shepherd
02-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Didn't they jump off a mountain cliff into a river or sumtin', there ya go!
We are beginning to narrow it down to about 11,347 movies!

"Then you jump first."
"No, I said."
"What's the matter with you?"
"I can't swim."
"Are you crazy? The fall will probably kill you."

Andyg
03-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I watched Death Hunt the other day. My memory of the movie must have been a mix of two movies with Death Hunt being one of them. I am still trying to figure out what the other movie was. The most prominent scene that I can remember in the movie is when the main actor falls in a river and almost freezes but then uses the same river to float away from some bad guys. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Andyg

atlfootr
03-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Wasn't it "Death Hunt" w/ Charles Bronson who played the lead, with Lee Marvin.Ya know, I actually think you maybe correct on that one.

ProTour X9
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
It was over a dispute with a dog right?

lav
03-10-2007, 05:30 PM
dont know if this will help you or not but good movie reference site
http://imdb.com/
internet movie data base (imdb)
good luck