PDA

View Full Version : GM Buying Chrysler??!!

Faded & X9-Rated
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Pretty interesting if it actually happens. I'd personally like to see the Chrysler version of the Tahoe!!!

http://www.news4jax.com/automotive/11033706/detail.html

trickskier
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Pretty interesting if it actually happens. I'd personally like to see the Chrysler version of the Tahoe!!!

http://www.news4jax.com/automotive/11033706/detail.html
Yeah, drop a 426 HEMI in a Tahoe and talk about pulling the horns off a bull...............

3event
02-16-2007, 03:58 PM
So where would they get the "cash"???

What if the buyer were Chinese or Japanese? Hmmmmmmm......

uncleboo
02-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Chrysler would probably turn it into a mini-van.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Ain't gonna happen... I call BS

PendO
02-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Ain't gonna happen... I call BS

Agreed ... why, what is the real upside ... GM is loosing money hand over fist already (article) (http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/01/26/gm_quarterly_net_loss_mushrooms_to_48_billion/) ... hope they can turn it around, amazing how large profitable companies can quickly turn down IMO.

Leroy
02-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Daimer Benz will lay off and dress up the Chrysler and at least 50/50 GM will buy. If not them someone else.

Horrible match for Daimer Benz from the beginning.

If not GM more likely is Korean like Kia or Hyundia or even a Chinese company. Certainly not Japanese unless it is smaller like Nissan.

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2007, 08:26 PM
As others have said here, "with what?" The American Auto industry is failing and the cure is not acquisition. Quality and service come to mind. Brands that have value come to mind! The sollution the American Auto Industry has for a failing product is to re-name the product? How long have people been buying Honda Civics? How about the Chevrolet Vega? How many re-named Vegas can you think of that have come and gone while the Civic thrives? Fix the "TURD" do not only re-name the "TURD!" We have a bunch of pro American people here and I am saying it would be nice to see you/us all rewarded with a quality product that we chose to purchase not "owed" to purchase.

Leroy
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
The price for Chrysler could be the golden $1 bill, just the ability to take on more debt. With Chrysler their market share goes to 37% and they don't fall 2nd to Toyota this year.

phecksel
02-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Daimer Benz will lay off and dress up the Chrysler and at least 50/50 GM will buy. If not them someone else.

Horrible match for Daimer Benz from the beginning.

If not GM more likely is Korean like Kia or Hyundia or even a Chinese company. Certainly not Japanese unless it is smaller like Nissan.
It was actually an excellent move for Daimler. They got a huge pot full of cash, and milked the company dry. It actually saved Daimler from going under, and led to Chrysler's current demise. It will be interesting to watch GM and Chrysler attempt to merge to very very different cultures. I'm guessing GM will by Chrysler to take the pressure off their own financial issues. IMHO, GM has very little future product in the pipeline. It will be interesting to watch, because I believe Ford will come out the strongest, assuming the get through the next 12ish months.

Leroy
02-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Pheckel; Agree, these foreign companies raid companies and seem to get away with it.

Ford is in short term danger. Ford's debt load is crushing now. Debt = revenue.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Maybe they could just trade SAAB for JEEP...:rolleyes:

phecksel
02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Pheckel; Agree, these foreign companies raid companies and seem to get away with it.

Ford is in short term danger. Ford's debt load is crushing now. Debt = revenue.
I wouldn't discount Ford's future, they have some fabulous products coming. Hiring the outsider from Boeing was a stroke of genius.

mitch
02-18-2007, 12:37 AM
The price for Chrysler could be the golden $1 bill, just the ability to take on more debt. With Chrysler their market share goes to 37% and they don't fall 2nd to Toyota this year.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

uncleboo
02-19-2007, 01:41 AM
The auto company's consolidate so they can lay off the workers and reduce legacy costs. GM may get the Jeep brand and get rid of unprofitable Chrysler plants. Mercedes will do just fine with a smaller stake in Chrysler. Nissan is about to lay off workers in TN so the problems aren't only with the US based companies.

Leroy
02-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Hyundai?

Lots of talk!

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/19/daimlerchrysler-jpmorgan-auction-markets-equity-cx_po_0219markets01.html?partner=yahootix