PDA

View Full Version : Sad day in the HH...

Monte
02-15-2007, 10:22 PM
It is a very long story, but Montana passed awat this morning...

Mag_Red
02-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Sorry about your loss Monte:( It's tough when a member of the family passes.

Danimal
02-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I am truly sorry to hear about the loss!

shepherd
02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear it Monte. Looks like a great dog.

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry about your loss, we've been there too.

Leroy
02-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Beautiful lab, sorry to hear about this Monte.

east tx skier
02-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Monte, I've been there. I'm sorry for your loss. Beautiful dog.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-15-2007, 10:48 PM
OH boy......I dont know what to say my friend.... all I can say is I have lost a dog myself so I know how you feel. YOur heart is probably full of sadness right now, but try to stop and take comfort in the fact that you provided a warm loving home for a great animal. Remember all the good times and memories you had together, those good things will never go away, you will carry them and his memory in your heart forever, but the pain eventually will fade, it will pass and get better, it just takes time. Very sorry for your loss Monte, take care my friend. :(

RIP Montana

Monte
02-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks fellas, I originally thought it was my fault b/c I found the linseed oil (teak) wipeoff towel somewhat chewed up. the Vet is my uncle so he did an autopsy.. From the looks of things we suspect she was fed rat poison over an extended time... He said it's pretty unmistakable.. We don't have/use rat poison and uno would have been more likely to get into that anyway.. We now have to get Uno checked out.. really sucks b/c the wife suspects the neighbor...

Mikey
02-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Im sorry to hear that monte. I have lost 2 in the past year, I feel your pain brother. The first one I lost was a very mysterious death. I have my suspicions of what happened but I have no proof. Put it this way, the family member who was supposed to be looking after him while I was out of town hated the dog with a passion. All of a sudden my 4 year old healthy dog passes away while under her care. Hmm, makes me wonder.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-15-2007, 11:04 PM
.. really sucks b/c the wife suspects the neighbor...
OMG...Tell me someone wouldn't really do this......

milkmania
02-15-2007, 11:09 PM
sorry to hear about your loss:(

I'm not looking forward to the day something happens to the kid's poodles....
it's going to be bad!

Monte
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Im sorry to hear that monte. I have lost 2 in the past year, I feel your pain brother. The first one I lost was a very mysterious death. I have my suspicions of what happened but I have no proof. Put it this way, the family member who was supposed to be looking after him while I was out of town hated the dog with a passion. All of a sudden my 4 year old healthy dog passes away while under her care. Hmm, makes me wonder.

I, like you, have no proof. So there isn't much I can do.. I feel like I have to keep Uno under serious close survellence now though.

Monte
02-15-2007, 11:16 PM

He is a bitter old man... He has run over and killed one neighbors dog, and threatened to shoot two others.. bitter bitter old man.. Of course I have no proof. So:mad:

Danimal
02-15-2007, 11:20 PM
He is a bitter old man... He has run over and killed one neighbors dog, and threatened to shoot two others.. bitter bitter old man.. Of course I have no proof. So:mad:

Maybe someone should feed him rat poison... did I just type that out loud???

Once again Monte, I am sorry for your families loss.

bcampbe7
02-15-2007, 11:23 PM

x2

Sorry for your loss Monte, not much else I can say... I am in shock that someone would do that to another person's pet.

dapicatti
02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Monte
Sorry to hear of the loss of your wonderful dog. Many of us have been there recently. Treasure your memories.

mhsb1029
02-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I am sorry for your loss. I have lost dogs in the past but never like that.

A handful of years back when I was in high school I had a friend who lost a dog in a similar situation. My buddy lived out in the country and the neighbors house was only a quarter of a mile away. His neighbors left for a weekend vacation only to come home to a house that had every single window shot out with a BB gun. Not suggesting it, but it reminded me of that story.

My wife and I love our dog like she is our child(just as I am sure that you did), I truly could not imagine the feelings that you have.

cbryan70
02-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Monte so sorry to hear your loss i have not yet had a lab but god do i want one they are amazing loyal pups. From the sounds of it there is no way it was your fault just read UMPS message again... you gave him evertyhing he could of ever asked for...you had a boat he got to swim thats all labs want to do....hope everything is well in the house....god bless

wiltok
02-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Get a security camera on the dog run, hook it up to a VCR - they are inexpensive and easy to install. CATCH THIS GUY - if not for you for the all the other dogs in the neighborhood!!

Sorry to hear about this - my lab is only 4 and I am already dreading the day....

André
02-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Very sorry about your Lab Monte...
Anyone who would hurt animals is sick...

Leroy
02-16-2007, 07:44 AM
I would....

Report it to the police just to establish background, even if they do not find anything. Police can talk to him as one of the neighbors.

Talk to the neighbors to see if anyone else has had problems.

We had a neighbors dog bite our dog and come to find out they had bitten 9 other dogs in the neighborhood and police had been involved at least once before so it ended up better.

H20skeefreek
02-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks fellas, I originally thought it was my fault b/c I found the linseed oil (teak) wipeoff towel somewhat chewed up. the Vet is my uncle so he did an autopsy.. From the looks of things we suspect she was fed rat poison over an extended time... He said it's pretty unmistakable.. We don't have/use rat poison and uno would have been more likely to get into that anyway.. We now have to get Uno checked out.. really sucks b/c the wife suspects the neighbor...
Can they test the other dog to see if there is poison in it's system? If so, I wouldn't risk the second dog to catch the guy. If it isn't already in the other dogs system, I would suggest the camera idea and catch this guy. Anyone that would intentionally hurt another one of God's creatures, deserves to be in jail. I'd hate to think of how I would react if someone hurt my dogs. Just the thought has steam coming out of my ears. I wouldn't damage is property at all, but I'd do my darnedest to catch this guy.

Your family will be in my thoughts and Prayers.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Ok, I will assume this is not the case then until you prove otherwise, I still can't believe someone would do that, and I hope you prove it not to be the case and it was an oversight on someone part. Perhaps the neighbor is really trying to kill rats.

I honestly don't think I want to hear the truth if it is as you suspect....You might have a riot in your location if it does.

Monte
02-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks everyone, we are taking Uno in this afternoon to have him tested for toxins. I really hope he is ok. My wife has checked his eyes and gums for yellowing and he seems healthy right now. We are going to have to keep him in the garage while we are not there, which stinks. We are afraid the person may try to finish the job. I would try the video camera thing but I don't want to risk loosing Uno too. We are going to file a police report tomorrow AM, and the vet said he would give a statement. The only reason is to set up a history if it happens again. I have warned the other dog owners in the immediate area to be on the lookout. Every one of them points to the bitter old man, but I have to be real careful about making accusations.

Monte
02-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Ok, I will assume this is not the case then until you prove otherwise, I still can't believe someone would do that, and I hope you prove it not to be the case and it was an oversight on someone part. Perhaps the neighbor is really trying to kill rats.

I honestly don't think I want to hear the truth if it is as you suspect....You might have a riot in your location if it does.

Unfortunately, we have done a thourough search of every area they frequent. Montana has had to be chained on a runner when she is outside for the past two months.. She liked to play a game called run from the car until we turned it around then she would chase our car. back and forth until she got tired. She almost got hit about two months ago when she made it to a pretty major road.. So she was either in the garage or on a leash (I know it sounds bad) I hated to do it, but she almost caused a major head on collision... we are waiting for the POA to approve a fence.. b/c the inground didn't work for her. anyway We just can't find anything. Believe me we've looked, we don't want to loose uno too..

trickskier
02-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Very sorry to hear about your Lab Monte. It's very sad when you loose a family pet. A few years ago we had to put our Scottish Terrier down. After being up with her all night, my wife bathed her before we took her to the vet. I still remember that day........extremely sad.

quincyfirefighter
02-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Monte72 I too am sorry for your loss. Remember he will always be with you in your heart and be waiting for you later with his tail wagging

RexDog1
02-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Monte

I am so sorry for your loss, to you and your family ……………

And with your suspicions with your neighbor, it is even harder to understand????

I am so sorry my brother……:(

A faithful dog will play with you

And laugh with you and cry...

He'll gladly starve to stay with you

Nor ever reason why...

And when you're feeling out of sorts

Somehow he'll understand

He'll watch you with his shining eyes

And try to lick your hand.

His blind implicit faith in you
Is matched by your great love
The kind that all of us should have
In the Master up above.

When everything is said and done,
I guess this isn't odd,
For when you spell dog backwards,
You will get the name of God.

Maristar210
02-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Monte

I am not sure what to say except I am real sorry for your loss. These dogs really weave thier way into our hearts.......

Harvey
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
I am soooo sorry Monte....it seriously bring a tear to my eye. :( :(

I remember when I lost my dog about 2 years ago. Try to remember Montana enjoying life. When I think about losing my Jack Russell I think about the 15 years she was with us and I feel better. All the times she would bring me a tennis ball, the happy look on her face when I would get the leash out.

As for the neighbor, I can't imagine someone doing that but I would stop at nothing to catch that party responsible and put a stop to their behavior. People who harm a helpless animal/person should have their knees smashed in with a ball peen hammer.

Monte
02-16-2007, 11:09 AM
People who harm a helpless animal/person should have their knees smashed in with a ball peen hammer.

I agree whole heartedly:mad:

02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
although I like the hammer bit, you should gather whatever proof you need to nail this ****er! there are laws against animal cruelty and this ****** should pay for that! Call the cops and discuss this with them, perhaps they can find whatever proper evidence they need to prosecute this arse. Maybe they can get a warrant to search his place for evidence.??? worth a try. call the cops!

Monte
02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
although I like the hammer bit, you should gather whatever proof you need to nail this ****er! there are laws against animal cruelty and this ****** should pay for that! Call the cops and discuss this with them, perhaps they can find whatever proper evidence they need to prosecute this arse. Maybe they can get a warrant to search his place for evidence.??? worth a try. call the cops!

We are going to file a report tomorrow when we are home.. We'll see where that leads.. I doubt it will go any farther than filing a report, but keep your fingers crossed. heck even if they found rat poison he could claim he has rats..

Jesus_Freak
02-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry bro.....

jimmer2880
02-16-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm very very sorry to hear about your buddy. Good luck on finding out how the poison got in his system. Wishing you & yours the very best.

Maristar210
02-16-2007, 12:01 PM
The more I think about this the angrier I get.

If I saw this guy doing that **** I would be headed for jail right after I ****ed him up

Harvey
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
If the cops don't work you could always get him subscriptions to smut magazines (really piss off his wife), or sprinkle his yard with tide before he turns on his sprinklers in the spring, or better yet lay out the words animal killer in fertilizer on his yard in the spring (mark him for 6 months), and if nothing else there is always the bag of poo on fire on the doorstep. We once (when I was 16) had a neighbor we HATED so we would gather up dog poo and smash it under his doormat late at night so he couldn't find the source of the stink. Watching him try to find the source of the smell for months was worth it.

KnoxX2
02-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Sorry for your loss Monte.

roddydog
02-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Really sorry. Lost mine last March after 15years. Still pains me.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Harvey.....Relax....He doesn't know for sure it was him.

A btw..You think those magazines subscriptions will do what??....:confused:

dog paw
02-16-2007, 03:58 PM

Yes sir! We had a POS in our town get in a fight with his girlfriend and throw her cat into a fire. OMG! you would have thought he killed his GF. Sucker's still in jail on Felony cruelty charges. All over the TV, the works....

Sorry for your loss Monty. If it is what it sounds like I hope you get the opportunity to deal with it accordingly

02-16-2007, 04:10 PM
The more I think about this the angrier I get.

If I saw this guy doing that **** I would be headed for jail right after I ****ed him up
TRU DAT!!!!

Monte
02-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Good news!! We just had Uno checked out, and he is fine.. So we will just have to keep an eye out. We made the police report, and it is filed somewhere in an abyss of paperwork somewhere. We really have no proof that the neighbor did it, but I suspect, well we have no proof. Harvey I wish I could, but I can't prove it..... I wanted to go talk to him man to man, but I thought better of it..

Harvey
02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Harvey.....Relax....He doesn't know for sure it was him.

A btw..You think those magazines
subscriptions will do what??....:confused:

Sorry, I get pretty upset about someone being cruel to animals. :(

What would your wife (the neighbor might not even be married) say if you got smut in the mail addressed to you? I know I would be in a pretty hot pot of water. If the guy messed with Monte's dogs, then he deserves to suffer a little. I just like to help karma along when she is moving slow. :)

Glad to hear you other dog is OK. If you couldn't tell by now I don't think I could avoid have a little heart to heart with the neighbor or worse.

Monte
02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Sorry, I get pretty upset about someone being cruel to animals. :(

What would your wife (the neighbor might not even be married) say if you got smut in the mail addressed to you? I know I would be in a pretty hot pot of water. If the guy messed with Monte's dogs, then he deserves to suffer a little. I just like to help karma along when she is moving slow. :)

Only sad thing is she left him about 4 yrs ago... so that wouldn't work... He IS a bitter old man......

trickskier
02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Good news!! We just had Uno checked out, and he is fine.. So we will just have to keep an eye out. We made the police report, and it is filed somewhere in an abyss of paperwork somewhere. We really have no proof that the neighbor did it, but I suspect, well we have no proof. Harvey I wish I could, but I can't prove it..... I wanted to go talk to him man to man, but I thought better of it..
That is great news monte, for sure keep a close eye on him and your neighbor. I agree, approaching him is not a good idea. That will only lead to more animosity. Let the LAW handle any evidence you may find.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2007, 11:32 PM
What would your wife (the neighbor might not even be married) say if you got smut in the mail addressed to you?
Not sure, let's try.....:cool:

I'd ask you to define smut, but Beau's on board tonight...:rolleyes:

PaulW
02-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Sorry Monte, that's a bummer to loose a dog, even more of a bummer to think of how it might of happened. I can't believe that some one could do that to an animal. I hope you get some resolve to this.
Looked like a really cool dog in the picks, they have a way of attaching them selves to your heart.

stevo137
02-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Monte, I finally saw this thread and I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
It is very disturbing to think that someone might have been responsible for this.
I guess since there is no way to prove this or know for sure, I would just steer clear of that guy.
Who knows what he might be capable of...

tex
02-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Monte-My thoughts are with you brotha.

Monte
02-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks everybody.. It is good to know so many TTers care. Luckily uno will be fine b/c he wasn't subjected to the toxins.. We will miss Montana, she was a good dog..

Harvey
02-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Not sure, let's try.....:cool:

I'd ask you to define smut, but Beau's on board tonight...:rolleyes:

You ever been to that convience store? You know the one I am talking about. The one that is in the bad part of town and there is a section of magazines behind the counter covered by a rack that holds them. That is to vague a desription. I will put it this way, Hustler magazine looks like a super bowl halftime show compared to what I am talking about!

cst573
02-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Sorry for your loss. Labs are the best dogs in the world!

mitch
02-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Monte...