PDA

View Full Version : man i feel old

rodltg2
02-15-2007, 12:04 AM
i'm opening up a satelite showroom about 1 hour north which happens to be where i went to college. so last night after working i decided to stop by the old frat house . as luck would have it was stripper night of rush weeK:D . since i was staying the night anyway i decided to party it up some. nothing made me feel older than when a new member greeted me with a ; jason fall 06 and i answered Rod, fall 92, he looked at me like i was ancient. it was good to see they where still havin fun ... by the way by 11pm i was out and they were just gettin started...

east tx skier
02-15-2007, 12:11 AM
We had a guy who hung around our house pretty much past his prime. I don't think it bothered him though. He stuck around for a semester or so. I went back once or twice a few years after I graduated (they'd hired the digital underground to play a party and I wanted to see it). Long story short, I agree, you can never go home again.

X-45
02-15-2007, 06:49 AM
ias luck would have it was stripper night of rush..

Pictures please:rolleyes:

bigmac
02-15-2007, 07:35 AM
i'm opening up a satelite showroom about 1 hour north which happens to be where i went to college. so last night after working i decided to stop by the old frat house . as luck would have it was stripper night of rush weeK:D . since i was staying the night anyway i decided to party it up some. nothing made me feel older than when a new member greeted me with a ; jason fall 06 and i answered Rod, fall 92, he looked at me like i was ancient. it was good to see they where still havin fun ... by the way by 11pm i was out and they were just gettin started...

Hoo boy...I'm trying to recall how a stripper would have worked out during rush week at the Phi Gam house back 35 years ago........

.....nope...can't see it. There would have been hell to pay then, and I suspect even more these days. Of course, we're talking Nebraska, as opposed to California....

JimN
02-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Rod- you were born in, what, 1970 and you feel old? Get a grip.

Drink twice for whining!:friday:

Maristar210
02-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Hoo boy...I'm trying to recall how a stripper would have worked out during rush week at the Phi Gam house back 35 years ago........

.....nope...can't see it. There would have been hell to pay then, and I suspect even more these days. Of course, we're talking Nebraska, as opposed to California....

Night meet day / Day meet night

Ric
02-15-2007, 07:59 AM
I remember those old guys who were "in town on business" and stopped in to see the house. I doubt much has changed (other than the addition of tattoos and belly rings on the chicks), they probably figure you for an alum that will buy some kegs and schtuff

richardsoncd
02-15-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm only 6 years out of school, still have little friends little brother's living in the house....needless to say the days of enjoying cold ones on the rocking chairs is over, anyone want to start an old peoples fraternity?

Ric
02-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I know a guy who can get sand at a price

break the place in a bit... huh!... meet the neighbors!

JimN
02-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Ach, you kids! You don't know what old is! When I was a kid, .........

What are you guys gonna be like when you turn 50? Bill Wyman (original bass player for the Rolling Stones, for those who are too young to know this) announced that he is done going out on tour. He's 73. BB King is over 80 and still tours- does over 100 gigs every year.

If anyone thinks they can go back to their frat house years later and still relate to that life, well, let's just say that it's time to move on. Sure, it would be great if the drunken "Let's never stop doing this!" could happen, but unless someone wants to stay that way, it can't.

Old people's fraternity? Isn't that a retirement home?

Marge; Grandpa, are you sitting on the apple pie?
Grandpa: I sure hope so...

or, for those who are just confused once they get to a certain age,

"Cyrus: Kamikazes at 2:00!

Grampa: Well, I don't usually drink after lunch, but - Oh my god! The sky is filled with that kind of plane that crashes into the boat!"

RexDog1
02-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Rod- you were born in, what, 1970 and you feel old? Get a grip.

Drink twice for whining!:friday:

LoL 1970…………….you are just a kid……enjoy it …..

I do like the "Drink Twice for Whining"!!!:toast:

n1 Jim

JimN
02-15-2007, 09:32 AM
OK, for those who are old enough, who remembers the "duck and cover" drills in grade school?

Take that, ya young punks!

Sodar
02-15-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm only 6 years out of school, still have little friends little brother's living in the house....needless to say the days of enjoying cold ones on the rocking chairs is over, anyone want to start an old peoples fraternity?

Hey Everyone, we are going streaking! Frank, What are you doing? We are streaking honey!! FRANK!! GET IN THE CAR NOW!!! :D :D

It is truly amazing how quickly you start to feel old! I graduated in May 2006, and my girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/friend-with-benefits is a Sophmore (19 yrs. old). I am by no means saying that the age difference is huge, but last year when I was a Senior, she was a freshman and things seemed sooooo much closer in age. Now, she drunk-dials me at midnight on a Thursday and I have already been asleep for 3 hours, because I have to be up for work at 3:45am.... things change so fast and I miss every second of college.... :(

RexDog1
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM
OK, for those who are old enough, who remembers the "duck and cover" drills in grade school?

10 AM Last Friday of the month :rolleyes:

JimN
02-15-2007, 09:55 AM
OK, now where's the closest fallout shelter?

JimN
02-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Sodar- welcome to the real world.

Sodar
02-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Sodar- welcome to the real world.

Thank You!!! I was not complaining, I was just commenting on how quickly things change.... :cool:

RexDog1
02-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Thank You!!! I was not complaining, I was just commenting on how quickly things change.... :cool:

My friend living in Seal Beach you live on a big bombsight ……….
They will hit you first ……good luck………lol run..........

beer next week??? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

Sodar
02-15-2007, 10:09 AM
My friend living in Seal Beach you live on a big bombsight ……….
They will hit you first ……good luck………lol run..........

beer next week??? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

Heck Yeah... My K-8 grade school backed up to our lovely weapons depot... if that thing ever blows, I might as well grab my ankles.... so should you for that matter, they have stuff in those bunkers that could blow the Pacific Coast to shreads!!! :D

Lets do it this weekend!! I have a three day weekend... FINALLY!!! I am riding in Barstow on Saturday, but the rest of the weekend is wide open! I hear O'mailey's calling!!!

east tx skier
02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Stripper night? Oh, you mean "Wednesday." Gotcha. (joking) As for rush, I remember the summer before my freshman year going on a rush date to Mexico. My mom must have nerves of steel. "Mom, going to Mexico, be back Sunday. No really, it'll be fine."

?????

I started thinking most of the guys in the fraternity house were morons by about my Junior year. Make that my freshman year. Not that I quit hanging around or anything. 8p

dmayer84
02-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey Everyone, we are going streaking! Frank, What are you doing? We are streaking honey!! FRANK!! GET IN THE CAR NOW!!! :D :D

It is truly amazing how quickly you start to feel old! I graduated in May 2006, and my girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/friend-with-benefits is a Sophmore (19 yrs. old). I am by no means saying that the age difference is huge, but last year when I was a Senior, she was a freshman and things seemed sooooo much closer in age. Now, she drunk-dials me at midnight on a Thursday and I have already been asleep for 3 hours, because I have to be up for work at 3:45am.... things change so fast and I miss every second of college.... :(

Sodar I have to agree with you on all of this. I graduated in may as well and all of my friends are calling me during the week asking if im going out on a wednesday or tuesday cause its dollar draft night. Then they all start giving me crap cause I wont go out. Its ok they will understand soon when they are all out of school.

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Stripper night? Oh, you mean "Wednesday." Gotcha. (joking) As for rush, I remember the summer before my freshman year going on a rush date to Mexico. My mom must have nerves of steel. "Mom, going to Mexico, be back Sunday. No really, it'll be fine."

?????

I started thinking most of the guys in the fraternity house were morons by about my Junior year. Make that my freshman year. Not that I quit hanging around or anything. 8p

Can anyone say,
Duke University
It appears there is a young female now filing charges for being raped at a frat house last week and they haven't even got over the Lacrosse Team/Stripper/Rape fiasco yet?????????????????????????
I guess it's the old "It can't happen to me" mentality!

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 10:31 AM
BTW, the 3 Lascrosse players defense costs have just surpassed $2.5 million dollars and there is no end in sight. An organization has been formed by alum and students to collect at least $5 million to help these 3 guys out and keep from them and their famalies from going broke and having to file for bankruptsy. After 3 weeks they have accumilated only a little over $500,000. And it's all over a couple strippers they hired??????????????????

bigmac
02-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I remember those old guys who were "in town on business" and stopped in to see the house. I doubt much has changed (other than the addition of tattoos and belly rings on the chicks), they probably figure you for an alum that will buy some kegs and schtuff

I remember that too, but while I was living there, one of those old guys was Johnny Carson. He didn't exactly bring a keg, but it was cool to sit around chatting with him. Funny guy.

Another interesting old alum I recall stopping by one day was astronaut Eugene Cernan. Also a very cool guy.

JKTX21
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM

Werd, I graduated for the second time in May 2006 and 21 hours my last semester was a piece of cake compared to this working business... I'd still rather be in the poor house, partying all night, and skipping class to go wakeboard though!

Bruce
02-15-2007, 10:46 AM
If I went back to the Sigma Chi house now they would think I was one of the founders!
"Deal fast I got an 8:00 o clock class!"

Ric
02-15-2007, 10:59 AM

It is truly amazing how quickly you start to feel old! I graduated in May 2006, and my girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/friend-with-benefits is a Sophmore (19 yrs. old). I am by no means saying that the age difference is huge, but last year when I was a Senior, she was a freshman and things seemed sooooo much closer in age. Now, she drunk-dials me at midnight on a Thursday and I have already been asleep for 3 hours, because I have to be up for work at 3:45am.... things change so fast and I miss every second of college.... :( you take that call EVERY time, you hear me son!?

shepherd
02-15-2007, 01:44 PM

Did somebody say "duck and cover"???? :cool:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/education/orl-html-duckcovervideo021507,0,6886153.htmlstory?coll=orl-dp-classifieds

Looks like those kids are praying to Allah!

Sodar
02-15-2007, 01:52 PM
you take that call EVERY time, you hear me son!?

I would do nothing less!! Thanks for the advice Dad!! LOL :D ;) :D

You gotta love the girls that drunk dial...

east tx skier
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I remember that too, but while I was living there, one of those old guys was Johnny Carson. He didn't exactly bring a keg, but it was cool to sit around chatting with him. Funny guy.

Another interesting old alum I recall stopping by one day was astronaut Eugene Cernan. Also a very cool guy.

Our alums (who never stopped by incidently) were John Wayne, David Letterman, Brad Pitt and others. A guy I work with and I were talking about this and he completely shut me down when he pulled out his trump card, Ron Jeremy.

/the Duke surrenders.

tones03
02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
When the "old" guys stop by is great because they are suppose to bring "alumni beer" so it is free beer...and they can never drink as much as us so it is even better becuase they try and always make themselves look bad.

Sodar
02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Our alums (who never stopped by incidently) were John Wayne, David Letterman, Brad Pitt and others. A guy I work with and I were talking about this and he completely shut me down when he pulled out his trump card, Ron Jeremy.

/the Duke surrenders.

Ummmmmmm.... Mr. Ames.... the Duke is a USC Alum!

He instead attended the University of Southern California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Southern_California) majoring in pre-law, where he was a member of the Trojan Knights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Knights) and joined the Sigma Chi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma_Chi) Fraternity. Wayne also played on the USC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Southern_California) football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football) team under legendary coach Howard Jones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Jones_%28football_coach%29)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Douggie, I am confused......WHAT college did Ron Jeremy go to???? He was a frat brother of a coworker of yours?:confused: sort this out.....please......

east tx skier
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Looks like Queens college (bachelor's degrees in Education and Theater and a Master's degree in Special Education). To clarify, he didn't go to school with him. Same house, different schools. He claims to have met him at one event or another.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Looks like Queens college (bachelor's degrees in Education and Theater and a Master's degree in Special Education). To clarify, he didn't go to school with him. Same house, different schools. He claims to have met him at one event or another.
He lived in the same house as Ron? that had to be a trip..... "So Ron, ah.....think you can go out and round some chicks up for us again tonite?"

bigmac
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Ummmmmmm.... Mr. Ames.... the Duke is a USC Alum!

We're talking national fraternities. A brother is always welcome at another house, no matter what chapter he's from.

So the line goes....:rolleyes:

Ric
02-15-2007, 02:33 PM
We're talking national fraternities. A brother is always welcome at another house, no matter what chapter he's from.

So the line goes....:rolleyes: as long as he knows the secret handshake :rolleyes:

Ric
02-15-2007, 03:04 PM

/the Duke surrenders.
I could have sat around the fire and talked to John Wayne or Ditka for sure, Letterman, Dan Rather and Warren Beatty... I dont know. Men of different convictions, I'd say.

bigmac
02-15-2007, 03:24 PM
If I went back to the Sigma Chi house now they would think I was one of the founders!
One of your famous brothers is a famous water skier from somewhere in East Texas. I can't remember his name.

east tx skier
02-15-2007, 03:33 PM
One of your famous brothers is a famous water skier from somewhere in East Texas. I can't remember his name.

Some old retired fart, I hear. :)

Bruce
02-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Mac we are not allowed to say his name in public. We just refer to him as "the late, great, often lamented ETS"

Bruce
02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
By the way to my Texas brothers did you know the owner of the Houston NFL franchise, Bob McNair is a ZX? Also, he was a classmate and very close friend when we were at USC (the real USC Univ. of South Carolina). He was poor as a church mouse in those days. Truly self made bizlionaire

Ric
02-15-2007, 05:04 PM
By the way to my Texas brothers did you know the owner of the Houston NFL franchise, Bob McNair is a ZX? Also, he was a classmate and very close friend when we were at USC (the real USC Univ. of South Carolina). He was poor as a church mouse in those days. Truly self made bizlionaire nope, that is news to me, I knew that Bud Adams was a sig from (Kansas State I think) but didnt know about Mcnair.

bigmac
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM
We seem to be overloaded with sigmachi's here.

It explains a lot...

;)

cbryan70
02-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah life is coming up fast...after reading this i realize it even more....graduating in may....testing for a job this weekend actually....all of the college life sleeping till 2 laying around till 8 then going out will be long gone and i will have a job. Im actually kinda looking forward to it tho..more time with my kid and dont have to leave during boating season to go back to school! :-)

uncleboo
02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
What other fraternities are represented on this board? I see Sigma Chi...anyone else care to share?

I was/am an SAE (Sigma Alpha Epsilon).

Ric
02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah life is coming up fast...after reading this i realize it even more....graduating in may....testing for a job this weekend actually....all of the college life sleeping till 2 laying around till 8 then going out will be long gone and i will have a job. Im actually kinda looking forward to it tho..more time with my kid and dont have to leave during boating season to go back to school! :-) and please..... no more rubbing bellies with dudes

bigmac
02-15-2007, 06:12 PM
What other fraternities are represented on this board? I see Sigma Chi...anyone else care to share?

Phi Gamma Delta

cbryan70
02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
hahahha if only you would have seen what to come after the belly rub hahaa

cbryan70
02-15-2007, 06:37 PM
A much better view for me :-)

shepherd
02-15-2007, 08:07 PM

Mike Charlie

east tx skier
02-15-2007, 08:09 PM
We seem to be overloaded with sigmachi's here.

It explains a lot...

;)

I don't know about overloaded. But we are a bit outspoken. ;)