PDA

View Full Version : WTB: used air chair/hydrofoil

jlf
02-13-2007, 10:33 AM
My hubby is looking to pick up an used air chair. If anyone has one they are thinking of getting rid of or knows of one for sale please let me know.

bigmac
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
My hubby is looking to pick up an used air chair. If anyone has one they are thinking of getting rid of or knows of one for sale please let me know.

They come up on ebay two or three times a month in the summer. Currently there's only one hydrofoil on there - a Sky Ski LE with 21 hours left, 0 bids, starting bid of $99. It would be a great deal if it's not a scam. Hydrofoil on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Sky-Ski-not-air-chair_W0QQitemZ260086611968QQihZ016QQcategoryZ6386 8QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

If he gets an Air Chair brand, make sure it's the later Stealth model. The earlier Air Chairs, pre-Stealth, were problematic.

jlf
02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks he was bidding on one that ended yesterday. It ended up going for 475 I think. What is a descent price for an used one? I'll tell him about that one, although I imagine he's seen it too.

WakeSeeky
02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
You might try posting to the Yahoo list (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hydrofoil/) or the for sale forum at Foilfreaks (http://www.foilfreaks.com/forum/), see if somebody has an older ski to sell.

Maristar210
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
"listing removed"

If it's too good to be true then......

bigmac
02-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks he was bidding on one that ended yesterday. It ended up going for 475 I think. What is a descent price for an used one? I'll tell him about that one, although I imagine he's seen it too.You might also give Lonnie Marchand (http://cinchmax.com/index.html) a call - he often has used stuff or good deals, and he's a super nice guy.

It would be very unlikely IMHO to get a usable hydrofoil for under about $500. Anything less than that and you're looking at old foil designs making a steep-but-short learning curve even steeper.

I started on a 2005 Stealth Air Chair that I bought new from Lance Reinsma on ebay for $1000. I outgrew it in about 1.5 seasons and sold it last summer for $920, replacing it with a Sky Ski that I bought used from BobbyB here on Team Talk for $1750.

bigmac
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Used hydrofoils are interesting. I note this old Air Chair (http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Chair-Hydrofoil-Waterski-NR-Not-Sky-SKi_W0QQitemZ290081461306QQihZ019QQcategoryZ15272Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)has two days left on ebay and has already had 20+ bids and currently is at $450. It's the old pre-Stealth foil.

IMHO, your hubby should buy a new Stealth and resell it when he's done with it.

Jim@BAWS
02-13-2007, 12:37 PM

I would try Geno Yauchler
genoyauchler@aol.com

He is a MC TEAM skier and represents Airchair

Jim@BAWS

jlf
02-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the information. I have some places to start looking now.

tappskier
02-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Sky ski $650,, washington state,, 425 222 5833 Kenny

bigmac
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Sky ski $650,, washington state,, 425 222 5833 KennyWhich Sky Ski, which foil, which tower?

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Another contact is Brett at Midwest Hydrofoil.
http://www.midwesthydrofoil.com/
They are in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area and get trade-ins at times.

TOO-TALL
02-18-2007, 09:32 PM

Where do you live.....If its close to Illinois come on over the end of April there is a mini Flyin at Lake Clinton.You will be able to ride just about every Hydrofoil out there..try before you buy.

P.M. me for he Details.

jlf
02-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Where do you live.....If its close to Illinois come on over the end of April there is a mini Flyin at Lake Clinton.You will be able to ride just about every Hydrofoil out there..try before you buy.

P.M. me for he Details.
PM sent to you. Thanks

TOO-TALL
04-13-2007, 06:04 PM

P.M. me for he Details.

Just wanted to remind you guys the mini Flyin( Spring Fling) is two weeks away.

Email me at weber7863@sbcglobal.net

TOO-TALL

mebrown
10-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I've got half of an early model airchair for sale. The foil however is at the bottom of the lake. Either the lock nut/wingnut backed out, or the threaded stud broke and released the foil from the bench seat when switching riders, and sank to the bottom of the lake. I am willing to sell the board and seat, if I can find someone who has a foil but no board. If I could find someone who has a foil for sale (less than the cost of purchasing a new one), I'd buy it and keep the airchair. Its the early style airchair 90-98 I believe. If there is anyone out there who is looking for the ski and seat only, or knows where I can find a used foil that will work, please let me know. If I cant find any takers, I'll probably just put it up on ebay. I had just put a new 1 3/4" gripper seat pad and new belt on too. Lost the foil the next day!
mikeebrown80@yahoo.com

mebrown
10-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm interested in learning more about this mini flyin? Not exactly sure what a flyin is, but if it has to do with test riding hydrofoils, airchairs, sky ski's, I'd like to know more. I noticed this was in reference to Clinton Lake IL? I have been out there almost every weekend with my airchair this season ('07), and heard/saw nothing about it. If you could drop me an e-mail I would really appreciate it. I currently own an airchair, but thinking of upgrading. Thanks, Mike.
mikeebrown80@yahoo.com

atlfootr
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Shock Tower Seat for a ST Pro Sky Ski :D
sell at $700 plus s & h