PDA

View Full Version : Tbi

sutfolut
02-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I have a 94 prostar 205 that needs new injector. Is it ok to use GM injectors as opposed to factory. Is there any advantages to useing factory other that paying more money. Also has anybody every put a larger throttle body injection system on there engine and how did that work out?

jimmer2880
02-13-2007, 06:10 AM
I heard that the '95 TBI came off a camaro

I don't know of anyone putting a larger one on.

bigmac
02-13-2007, 07:42 AM
I have a 94 prostar 205 that needs new injector. Is it ok to use GM injectors as opposed to factory. Is there any advantages to useing factory other that paying more money. Also has anybody every put a larger throttle body injection system on there engine and how did that work out?

Wouldn't that require re-flashing the ECM with a different A/F map?

Jesus_Freak
02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Welcome. I also have a 94 205. You would definitely need a new program. The targeted A/F ratio is kept by opening the injector for a calculated period of time (pulse width). A larger injector, for same pulse width, would inject too much fuel for the calculated air flow.

JimN
02-13-2007, 08:45 AM
The injectors [I]are [I] GM. It's a Chevy motor- how much more GM can you get? Indmar and MC don't change them and they should have the part munber on them or you may be able to get the OEM part # from the MC technical department.

By 'larger', what do you mean? Physically or more fuel delivered? It's possible to do a recal and deliver more fuel but that would just make it run rich unless you can do the other things that would make it need more fuel. They're pretty much being all they can be. Air turbulence issues cause a specific problem on TBI motors that wouldn't be fixed by using a larger throttle body. Also, your ECM won't do quite as much as the new ones and you would need to make some changes to your motor harness if you tried to use the new one. You will have problems if you just connect it to the existing harness.