PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for a living?

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Sorry, nevermind.

rodltg2
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
i'd say , but someone will feel that im advertising my business again :D

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Nevermind.

BrianM
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Real Estate Developer/Broker. Here is my latest project although the Google Maps satelite image is about 2 years old, they do have the streets on the map overlay. All of those trees are houses and townhouses now.

Funny for about a year after Katrina Google had updated satelite images to show the New Orleans area after the storm. About three months ago they reverted back to images that are all pre-storm. Odd!

rodltg2
02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
i think its a good thread idea though, dont back out now

tex
02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
how many times will pimp show up?

SKI*MC
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
as of now, i clean CNC machines, and debur edges on machined parts. Its a fun job, but I'm not going to stay in this field. After i graduate I'm going back to school for business.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
i'd say , but someone will feel that im advertising my business again :D
I am pretty sure we all know by now. You are a boat salesman taken for granite.

dapicatti
02-12-2007, 10:49 PM
As soon as someone owns up to owning the wakeboard tower stripper pole......
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/412811.html?1171338430

tex
02-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I used to have one of those on my old ski supreme.

dapicatti
02-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I can just imagine it now......

edwinfuqua
02-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry, nevermind.
:cool: As much as I have to, and as little as necessary. :rolleyes:
What do you do? :D
I was a photographer, worked in a studio after I got out of school. I photographed a lot of things. Weddings, enviromentals and my favorite was studio photos.

I expressed, excessed, emusified and eggressed from law enforement to electrionic security and everything in between in the process during the long forgotten times between 1979 and now. Forgotten times for some, begotten for others, hard times for the rest who may still worry.

Getting on in life and carring for those left behind I find living is worth while and wondering about it not so sure. I see myself fishing for something not worth while, yet I'm not so sure. Could it be 'selfish'? or some other kind of fish that plages my sence with reminders of gould and grime?

May Maryjean and her sisters all gleam at the site, where we saw her brother all fallen that night.

EGF. somethingelse..

I get weaker while I think of summer.
Edwin

milkmania
02-12-2007, 11:55 PM

I tried but....
it's less than 10 charactors!:mad:

edwinfuqua
02-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Counting you?
What U talking about?

milkmania
02-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Counting you?
What U talking about?

if you type only one word, the message pops up that says there is a 10 charactor limit, and won't let you post

Mikey
02-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I shovel $h!t in Louisiana.:D

Sodar
02-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Pimp......

sizzler
02-13-2007, 08:53 AM
i am a foreign exchange money broker.......which is almost equivalent to a ho!!

Sodar
02-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I actually work for a large General Contractor in Los Angeles. I plan on working here as a project engineer until this project is complete and then I want to flip sides and go to work for a Real Estate developer (which is what I originally intended to do straight out of college, but was unable to lock down a job).

Upper Michigan Prostar190
I'm a male prostitute. Hey sodar, my pimp check out last week from some itch he picked up..... I am looking for a new one. You got any room in your stable for a lady-pleaser? I have my own car, and I work like hell. What kinda compensation package you offer in your stable?:confused:

KnoxX2
U.S. Air Force

shepherd
02-13-2007, 09:03 AM
beer taster

bcampbe7
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Street Pharmacist

Sodar
02-13-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm a male prostitute. Hey sodar, my pimp got whacked last week, I am looking for a new one. You got any room in your stable for a lady-pleaser? I have my own car, and I work like hell. What kinda compensation package you offer in your stable?:confused:

Yeah, we can work something out! The male brothel has been experiencing a high turnover rate, so I should be able to fit you in with relative ease. Prior to employment though, I do require a full physical and STD check, so if you ain't clean, you need not apply! If all the tests check out, we will hook you up with our online account at Pimps'R'Us.com and get you all fitted up in the female attraction clothing of your choice. Once this is complete, we will head on over to Cadi-ladies Dealership and find you a doped out ride on some 100-spoke gold wheels on air ride suspension. Oh, and as a fringe benefit, we pay for all your lady pleasing "equipment" and your travel expenses with a monthly bonus for pleasing more than 30 ladies per month! :D 8p :D

Mikey
02-13-2007, 09:14 AM
U.S. Air Force

What do you do in the AF? I am also an AF member.

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Health Professions Ric.

02-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, we can work something out! The male brothel has been experiencing a high turnover rate, so I should be able to fit you in with relative ease. Prior to employment though, I do require a full physical and STD check, so if you ain't clean, you need not apply! If all the tests check out, we will hook you up with our online account at Pimps'R'Us.com and get you all fitted up in the female attraction clothing of your choice. Once this is complete, we will head on over to Cadi-ladies Dealership and find you a doped out ride on some 100-spoke gold wheels on air ride suspension. Oh, and as a fringe benefit, we pay for all your lady pleasing "equipment" and your travel expenses with a monthly bonus for pleasing more than 30 ladies per month! :D 8p :D
OH I dont know about all that flashy stuff Sodar. that stuff aint me. I have always been a gigalo for the working class woman. I aint high class, so I cant sell to the high class clients. I am more of a beer and pizza class of ho. Keep in mind, this is business, and if you keep your costs low, you can keep your prices relativley low, and make more money as a result. I am just a simple businessman.

onlyinboards
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
making an attempt at being an Internet Entrepreneur and developing a commercial property...

did you see my websites yet? Well, then I must post them here.... :)
http://www.onlyinboards.com
http://www.wakereviews.com (not quite done)

commercial property
http://www.townepointebuilding.com

doing everything i can to avoid having to go into an office every day!

Sodar
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
OH I dont know about all that flashy stuff Sodar. that stuff aint me. I have always been a gigalo for the working class woman. I aint high class, so I cant sell to the high class clients. I am more of a beer and pizza class of ho. Keep in mind, this is business, and if you keep your costs low, you can keep your prices relativley low, and make more money as a result. I am just a simple businessman.

Well, maybe we can discuss opening a working class UMP branch office back east. Here in the heart of Los Angeles, ladies want to think they are special, and let me tell ya, nothing says they are special like a pimped out ride and a zebra pimp suit and beleive me, they pay for it! I expect you business plan on my desk by 8am EST for my review....

east tx skier
02-13-2007, 09:41 AM

I thought you were a cider tester???

Me, I'm a shepherd.

02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Me, I'm a shepherd. OK, Mr. Fletch F. Fletch

Ric
02-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I run a church for loggers.

Harvey
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I am a certified brownie baker. I am also a credit analyst specializing in sub prime credit.

Jesus_Freak
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM
I am pretty sure we all know by now. You are a boat salesman taken for granite.

Very funny...

RexDog1
02-13-2007, 11:00 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_206.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) I Club Seals

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Old school Sign Painter/Pinstriper,
High school students father had her car painted and I striped it in her school colors,

bcampbe7
02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
High school students father had her car painted and I striped it in her school colors,

That's cool Harold. One question... How the he|| do you keep everything symmetrical?

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:05 AM
3 more pics and it is freehand painted,

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:08 AM
That's cool Harold. One question... How the he|| do you keep everything symmetrical?

36 years of practice and no brains. I started out my working career as a draftsman on vellum and using drafting pencils, ink, drafting machines, triangles and not computers. I saw 2 different stripers (John McNalley, Tampa and Striper George, Boston) working @ car shows, street rod runs and thought I would like to try it. Took me 7 years working as a draftsman, 10 hr days, 6 days a week and doing it on the side before I went into business for myself 29 years ago.

bcampbe7
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
36 years of practice and no brains. I started out my working career as a draftsman on vellum and using drafting pencils, drafting machines, triangles and not computers.

What is this "drafting machine" and "triangle" that you speak of??? :rolleyes: :D :D

Sodar
02-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I started out my working career as a draftsman on vellum and using drafting pencils, ink, drafting machines, triangles and not computers.

What is a draftsman!?!? Is that like today's version of a CAD operator!?!? :D :D :D

That is truly incredible Harold! I would love to have an ounce of artictic ability or at least a steady hand, but my hands shake like an 80 year old Parkinson's patient!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Street Pharmacist
Can't imagine you being to subtle rollin' around in a $450,000 Benz, but you have your technique and it works for you.8p

Workin' 4 Toys
02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_206.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) I Club Seals

We know, I think he meant something other than a hobby.....:)

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:24 AM
What is this "drafting machine" and "triangle" that you speak of??? :rolleyes: :D :D

Well, you had to ask,

milkmania
02-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, you had to ask,

.............................................and this time last year he was trying to figure out how to post a pic8p

now he's got google mastered too!:woohoo:

sizzler
02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I thought you were a cider tester???

when you are in london...definately..........happy times:friday:

sizzler
02-13-2007, 11:29 AM
double post.....

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:35 AM
.............................................and this time last year he was trying to figure out how to post a pic8p

now he's got google mastered too!:woohoo:

:uglyhamme Thanks Milk, If you only knew, that last Jan 7 when this computer was hooked up and I got on line, just how little I knew about this &^(*&$#@^%$#@@! thing. Now, I'm a Cyber Nerd, somewhat, I think, I dunno!:eek:

jraben8
02-13-2007, 11:48 AM
IT/network survivor...

bcampbe7
02-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Can't imagine you being to subtle rollin' around in a $450,000 Benz, but you have your technique and it works for you.8p

OK, act like you don't know what it's like... :D

bbeach
02-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Web Designer

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Here is a old school modified I lettered prior to the North/South Shootout last fall at Concord Motor Speedway , NC

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:57 AM
And another one,

02-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey, lay off my brutha Harold!:mad: EVERYONE should learn to draw on a drafting board BEFORE they are CAD operators. I learned to draw the old pencil, paper, table, machine way for 1 year, then learned AutoCAD in 1988. I became very proficient with AutoCAD through HIgh School and then in college. But I think its very important to establish basics. I saw guys that couldnt draw simple schematics or diagrams just to convey ideas only because they had NO idea how to draw by hand. :rolleyes: Basic people! you need to build the foundation of a house before you can put the roof on it!:) ANyone in the technical field should be able to draw by hand resonably well to convey ideas to other people. a picture is worth a thousand words. a computer is not always available in the real world.

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey, lay off my brutha Harold!:mad: EVERYONE should learn to draw on a drafting board BEFORE they are CAD operators. I learned to draw the old pencil, paper, table, machine way for 1 year, then learned AutoCAD in 1988. I became very proficient with AutoCAD through HIgh School and then in college. But I think its very important to establish basics. I saw guys that couldnt draw simple schematics or diagrams just to convey ideas only because they had NO idea how to draw by hand. :rolleyes: Basic people! you need to build the foundation of a house before you can put the roof on it!:) ANyone in the technical field should be able to draw by hand resonably well to convey ideas to other people. a picture is worth a thousand words. a computer is not always available in the real world.

I love drafting, all that graphite on your hands, eraser dust and paper cuts. I just can't figure out to stop drawing flies!

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Both cars were striping projects of mine,

RexDog1
02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I am a Civil Engineer and work for ……me……:rolleyes:

Harold Nice work:D

dmayer84
02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Right now working at a help desk for 3 hospitals, If all goes right hopefully doing networking soon.

rcnjson
02-13-2007, 12:51 PM
What would you say you do here?...

Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the gosh darn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the h*ll is wrong with you people?

Office Space, where would we be without it...

Daily is project management. Anybody heard of six sigma? Thats what I do. I was in sales prior to this assignment, liked that much more. This is a temporary assignment, 2-3 years, then I get released back to sales with some sort of promotion. I wasn't all that big on this job when I took it, I knew that my new boss would be someone I would have problems with. I also knew if I didn't accept the position, I would be passed for future promotions. All in all, I think I win, if I truely am unhappy, the training, at least, makes me much more employable so I can easily go else where. I am very loyal to the company that I work for and would like to see this stage of my career through, but some days...
k

dmayer84
02-13-2007, 12:55 PM
What would you say you do here?...

Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the gosh darn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the h*ll is wrong with you people?

Office Space, where would we be without it...

Daily is project management. Anybody heard of six sigma? Thats what I do. I was in sales prior to this assignment, liked that much more. This is a temporary assignment, 2-3 years, then I get released back to sales with some sort of promotion. I wasn't all that big on this job when I took it, I knew that my new boss would be someone I would have problems with. I also knew if I didn't accept the position, I would be passed for future promotions. All in all, I think I win, if I truely am unhappy, the training, at least, makes me much more employable so I can easily go else where. I am very loyal to the company that I work for and would like to see this stage of my career through, but some days...
k

We have a bunch of six-sigma projects goin on, dont know what they are but I have heard of them.

slink976
02-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Network Engineer, Senior Arch. Just moved over to the sales support side of the house to freaking put the sales crew in there place! other then that big Coors light drinker!

slink976
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
We have a bunch of six-sigma projects goin on, dont know what they are but I have heard of them.

Dude, that is some streamlining crap that sucks. Run now get a new job! job cuts are coming your way once the "Champion" finishes his ANALyse.

Monte
02-13-2007, 01:00 PM
The guy people cuss out when THEY don't pay THEIR insurance......

dmayer84
02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Dude, that is some streamlining crap that sucks. Run now get a new job! job cuts are coming your way once the "Champion" finishes his ANALyse.

Oh the projects arent going on where I am located, they are going on at the hospitals. They just added a bunch more positions to my whole department.

slink976
02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
ahhh WTH run anyways, always fun to see where you end up! Just try not to remember how you got there, that way you can't find your way back!

rcnjson
02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
...job cuts are coming your way once the "Champion" finishes his ANALyse.

Common misconception. While we have been able to streamline processes, we do not eliminate people. People are re-deployed to other areas that have openings. I was just going through a 6-month update this morning, we were able to re-deploy 6 people from a department of 18. Big time savings in the department, and helps out other areas that have a deficit. We currently have about 40 openings at our facility so there are certainly no job cuts related to projects.
k

Ric
02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
High school students father had her car painted and I striped it in her school colors, well I totally forgot you did that stuff! I may have some work for you sir.
PM to follow

dmayer84
02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
slink PM at ya

Mikey
02-13-2007, 01:20 PM

Did Mr. Ed B. teach you all of that?

Leroy
02-13-2007, 01:26 PM
I like people that make money selling money! What a great job!

slink976
02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I be a yellow belt! we cut peeps throats usually around X-Mas! lol j/k

It really depends on the company, once streamlining suggestions are "Value-Added" and "Non Value Added" is cut. With out a company that can bring in new business, there is no "Value Added" for that employee to sit around. Hence Job Cuts.

DMAIC is a very good thing for a large company, once in the Control phase it is a constant battle for employment.

Not that I know or anything :)

sanjuan23
02-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Just hurry up sell that joint in San Diego and get your arse to Texas with that X2

02-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Did Mr. Ed B. teach you all of that?
You got it.

JKTX21
02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Harold! Yess, way to recycle my picture!

slink976
02-13-2007, 02:01 PM
oh yeah! did I tell you I got an offer on my house.

Put house on market for 580-600k somebody offered me 540k with 12k back at close and I need to leave everything in the back yard and my home entertainment center! good times

I counter back though cuz I am a nice guy. 585k with 6k back and you can go %^$@ yourself if you think you are getting any of my entertainment center! my realtor couldn't believe that, I told her she better submit it. She said, "You know we could always just reject the offer." I thought to myself, what fun is that!

Kyle's_prostar205
02-13-2007, 02:03 PM
I am a Fire Fighter and I also sell Emergency Warning Equipment for Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Police Cars, and DOT applications.

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
I am a Fire Fighter and I also sell Emergency Warning Equipment for Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Police Cars, and DOT applications.

I bet you have a strobe light kit that I could put on the van and boat trailer?????????????:rolleyes: :D ;)

TX.X-30 fan
02-13-2007, 02:36 PM
pooper scooper (specializing in large breeds). :D :D

slink976
02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
wow is that a real job? If so sign me up!

PS: not the scooping, I wanter to be the pooper, I realize the salary might not be as nice but hey i am easy.

barefoot
02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
I like to say I'm in the chemical business. I sell a product that makes people smarter: Coffee. Actually, I own the cafe that sells it.

And I bet you didn't know that coffee stimulates the brain and enhances mental performance. You don't want to be dumb, do you?

Now go buy a cup of coffee!

Danimal
02-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I deal in printing. I sell labels and decals.

I have even been known to sell banners to coffee shop owners!!

Andyg
02-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I am an engineer by training. I quit my engineering job at Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee about a year ago to become an Orthopedic Implant sales person. I sell rods and plates to surgeons to fix broken bones. I also get to go into the surgeries and help the staff with the instrumentation.

Like this!

SkiDog
02-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I was a home builder. www.wildsmithconstruction.com. Until I discovered that steel buildings is where it's at! Wish I would have started them 15 years ago! Also, I'm in the early stages of developing a 46 lot duplex subdivision. I also see just how many toys I can collect. I'm one of those guy's that Buys High & sells LOW!:D

02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Ya know AndyG, you story interests me. I have an educational background in engineering, and I dabbled in Taxidermy a bit, so that qualifies me as a surgeon in some 3rd world countries, I think. Dr. UMP speaking, may I help you? whatcha think? you wanna hook up in a bizness deal wit me? we could work a deal on the side......ya know, with this medical surgery stuff. You supply the iron, and I bolt er' on! ya know, you make the snowballs, and I throw em'. Hey, we always got team talk to turn to if we get in a jam or trouble. Bigmac will bail us out if we need info, and when we get into jail, he can bail us out for real. Pendo and East can represent us if need be. I can see the dollar signs now my friend....UMP & Andy's plate, screw, & splint and our motto can be "Cost effective surgery, where you get screwed, but dont get screwed!"

that will be our day gig, and I can still turn tricks at night.:cool:

Andyg
02-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Ya know AndyG, you story interests me. I have an educational background in engineering, and I dabbled in Taxidermy a bit, so that qualifies me as a surgeon in some 3rd world countries, I think. Dr. UMP speaking, may I help you? whatcha think? you wanna hook up in a bizness deal wit me? we could work a deal on the side......ya know, with this medical surgery stuff. You supply the iron, and I bolt er' on! ya know, you make the snowballs, and I throw em'. Hey, we always got team talk to turn to if we get in a jam or trouble. Bigmac will bail us out if we need info, and when we get into jail, he can bail us out for real. Pendo and East can represent us if need be. I can see the dollar signs now my friend....UMP & Andy's plate, screw, & splint and our motto can be "Cost effective surgery, where you get screwed, but dont get screwed!"

I will supply the hardware and "expertise" as long as you pay the medical malpractice insurance premiums. I have an in here at the local Ace hardware for all the screws and rods we need.

Maristar210
02-13-2007, 04:12 PM

UMP

BigMac Ain't bailing YOU out of anything. Too much liability :D

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 04:26 PM

OK UMP, how do I get off the floor while I'm laughing, this is some funny stuff.:rolleyes:

trickskier
02-13-2007, 04:28 PM
BABYSIT....................About 300 truck drivers...............:(

02-13-2007, 04:30 PM
OK UMP, how do I get off the floor while I'm laughing, this is some funny stuff.:rolleyes:
OOOOO!! ANDY, look at this! we might just have our first customer! that old codger is bound to break something down there on the floor! All we have to do is stock up on some ACE hardware stuff, charge the DeWalt up, get some cheap booze for pain, and fly him to some 3rd world country to perfrom surgery, to avoid legal schmegal stuff.

02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I will supply the hardware and "expertise" as long as you pay the medical malpractice insurance premiums. I have an in here at the local Ace hardware for all the screws and rods we need.
No, no, no. thats why we go abroad to do this, less laws to fuss with....

WE are men of medicine, not lawyers, leave that stuff to the Doc here...;)

shepherd
02-13-2007, 05:04 PM
No, no, no. thats why we go abroad to do this, less laws to fuss with....

WE are men of medicine, not lawyers, leave that stuff to the Doc here...;)

You just keep thinkin' Butch. That's what you're good at. :rolleyes:

BrianM
02-13-2007, 05:36 PM

That is the second best quote from that movie (my favorite movie of all time). The best is "think you used enough dynamite there Butch"

02-13-2007, 05:37 PM
HA!!!! my Dad tells me that ALL THE TIME!!!! Thats hilarious Shep!!!!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme OMG, my guts hurt from laughing so hard!!! This is hilarious!! When ever I come up with an idea he thinks is "out there", I say "hey dad, I been thinkin about this and......" and he always replies with the Butch Cassidy comment.....OH man, that is funny!!!

Ric
02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
That is the second best quote from that movie (my favorite movie of all time). The best is "think you used enough dynamite there Butch" "who the hell are those guys?" ranks right up there with those

H2OSKEE
02-13-2007, 06:25 PM
I am a dairy farmer. Everyone should drink more milk!!

JKTX21
02-13-2007, 06:48 PM
That is the second best quote from that movie (my favorite movie of all time). The best is "think you used enough dynamite there Butch"

Ha! I finally bought this movie last weekend. I used that line on boss today when he brought me about 10 times the amount I needed.

I'm in the oil and gas bidnizz, about the least glamourous job I could find... :noface:

slink976
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
JKTX21 is a millionaire now! what could be less glamourous?

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
OOOOO!! ANDY, look at this! we might just have our first customer! that old codger is bound to break something down there on the floor! All we have to do is stock up on some ACE hardware stuff, charge the DeWalt up, get some cheap booze for pain, and fly him to some 3rd world country to perfrom surgery, to avoid legal schmegal stuff.

Just knock me out with a board from the roof of a desert shack, forgret the booze, I'll remember the surgery with the booze.

littlemax
02-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Loss Prevention Anaylst ............. but when I grow up I want to be a professional beach goer.

edwinfuqua
02-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Okay, I understand. 987654321, K.
Edwin

02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
"who the hell are those guys?" ranks right up there with those
Why cant I place that one??

:confused: Help me out.....:o

I like this one:

"Holy ***T!!! its Maverick and Goose!!"

TX.X-30 fan
02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
When the pinkerton guy's just kept coming.

suedv
02-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I work for a nonprofit conservation organization doing various land transactions (conservation easements, buying land, transferring land, processing land donations), I write government grants, and I work with various governmental units on land use planning related to environmental issues. I work with the DNR, DEQ, M-DOT, US Forest Service, counties, townships, private landowners and various other government and non-government agencies.

I have a lot of interesting projects. For example, I'm transferring land to the US Forest to increase the size of one of the National Forests here in Michigan. The federal government wanted the land but they can't get land deals done quickly. It would be developed before they could get it done... so it became my project.

In a related project, I wrote a successful grant for a county in Michigan so they could buy a campground with a large tract of land that is adjoining to the land I'm transferring to the US Forest Service. It's a neat project because it provides jobs and economic benefits for that county, expands recreation opportunities (hunting, fishing, boating, etc.), and it protects habitat on land that has threatened and endangered species on it.

Added bonus... I’m doing something that feels meaningful and I get on some of the most beautiful land in Michigan and get to take pictures. :)

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Great Job Suedv!!!!!!!!

shepherd
02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
There's a lot of beautiful land in Michigan, Sue. Keep up the good work!

lakesnake
02-14-2007, 01:30 AM
Gynecological analyst. Amateur bowler.

jimmer2880
02-14-2007, 08:36 AM
I speak geek. Senior Software Engineer for a large, 140,000 employee, company.

Also, a part-time snow ski instructor for 17 years.

Ryan
02-15-2007, 08:43 AM
I recently became a Customer Marketing Specialist. Promoting Similac, Pedialyte, PediaSure, NutriPals, Ensure, Glucerna, ZonePerfect and EAS with 60~ accounts accross the country.

Rapunzl
02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm a nurse...pediatric oncology is my trade and I am a full-time faculty member teaching Pediatric Nursing at a major university. My bedside nursing career ended when I was the victim of a nasty car accident on a southern California freeway in the rain one day on my way to work. The dashboard was shoved into my knees, tearing my right ACL. I also suffered damage to my cervical spine. Took me two weeks to recover and another two years to get over the panic whenever I hear the screeching of brakes!

Rapunzl
02-15-2007, 05:39 PM
;) By the way, Ryan, I know your products well! They are used widely in the hospital that I am affiliated with!

JKTX21
02-15-2007, 05:45 PM
JKTX21 is a millionaire now! what could be less glamourous?

Soon.... soon....
:)

TX.X-30 fan
02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
I recently became a Customer Marketing Specialist. Promoting Similac, Pedialyte, PediaSure, NutriPals, Ensure, Glucerna, ZonePerfect and EAS with 60~ accounts accross the country.

I like that pedialyte after a long night of adult beverages. :D :D

River Rat
02-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I am a Instrument and Electrical Technician for a large chemical company. I started out as a instrument tech working at the 24volt level and have slowly moved around and up. I now work coordinating high voltage distribution at the 15,000 and 138,000 volt level. We have multiple power plants in a very large chemical complex so this keeps us very busy. :cool:

uncleboo
02-15-2007, 05:52 PM
I am a financial planner. Market Up = Easier Job for Me.

M-Funf
02-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I am an engineer by training. I quit my engineering job at Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee about a year ago to become an Orthopedic Implant sales person. I sell rods and plates to surgeons to fix broken bones. I also get to go into the surgeries and help the staff with the instrumentation.

Like this!

Sounds familiar...

I'm a ME with 15+ years in medical devices. I've done a little of everything: Surgical devices, robotics, Oncology, Ortho, Laparoscopic instruments, Cardiac, etc.My current company makes...ummmmm...companies :D We develop ideas, file IP, develop prototypes, test 'em, then bundle up a nice neat package and either sell it to XYZ corp or raise VC and spin out a newco. For that, we get a piece of the pie...

whitedog
02-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I currently sell crop protection products and crop nutrients to agricultural producers (farmers) in S. WI and N.IL for a $40 mil agronomy division of an $200 mill agricultural cooperative. Also work with livestock farmers to plan for enviromentally sound pratices of animal waste management.

Ryan
02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
;) By the way, Ryan, I know your products well! They are used widely in the hospital that I am affiliated with!

Nice! What hospital, and where do you ski/ride?

I learned a long time ago that saying I work for Ross usually conjures up images of the discount clothier out here in the west - rather than the division of Abbott Labs.

Ryan
02-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I like that pedialyte after a long night of adult beverages. :D :D

It's funny the number of times I've seen Pedialyte on MTV Cribs, in the fridge, of indiviuals with no kids...

I think we'd see quite a lift in sales if the word got out more about it's effects. There is no ethical way of going about it though. It's pretty dicey trying to market a product towards mothers and kids and then aim for Hoosier Bob all in one fell swoop. Even if it's re-labled/branded.

suedv
02-16-2007, 03:47 AM
I currently sell crop protection products and crop nutrients to agricultural producers (farmers) in S. WI and N.IL for a $40 mil agronomy division of an $200 mill agricultural cooperative. Also work with livestock farmers to plan for enviromentally sound pratices of animal waste management.

That sounds like a very interesting job. Farming fits right in with my interests with plant and soil science. Also, people talk so much about CAFOs I think it would be very interesting to keep up on the latest best management practices and trends for animal waste management.

Rapunzl
02-16-2007, 12:26 PM
It's funny the number of times I've seen Pedialyte on MTV Cribs, in the fridge, of indiviuals with no kids...

I think we'd see quite a lift in sales if the word got out more about it's effects. There is no ethical way of going about it though. It's pretty dicey trying to market a product towards mothers and kids and then aim for Hoosier Bob all in one fell swoop. Even if it's re-labled/branded.

Ryan,

I'm in the Southern California area...Loma Linda actually.

Speaking as a nurse, a night of partying it up dehydrates you and messes with the electrolytes in your system. Pedialyte actually contains a good balance of what you need without too much glucose. Stay away from Gatorade...although it contains some electrolytes, it has way too much glucose...hard on an already upset stomach.

Do I sound like a spokesperson?? :D Pedialyte is highly recommended for kids who are dehydrated from vomiting/diarrhea (for all you parents out there...). And, of course, for Hoosier Bob after a night of hard partying! :rolleyes:

Maristar210
02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Ryan,

Speaking as a nurse, a night of partying it up dehydrates you and messes with the electrolytes in your system. Pedialyte actually contains a good balance of what you need without too much glucose. Stay away from Gatorade...although it contains some electrolytes, it has way too much glucose...hard on an already upset stomach.

Do I sound like a spokesperson?? :D Pedialyte is highly recommended for kids who are dehydrated from vomiting/diarrhea (for all you parents out there...). And, of course, for Hoosier Bob after a night of hard partying! :rolleyes:

Easy there sister. HB is an Art-Tissst :D 8p

Monte
02-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Easy there sister. HB is an Art-Tissst :D 8p

Is THAT what the kids are calling it these days????:rolleyes:

whitedog
02-16-2007, 01:11 PM
That sounds like a very interesting job. Farming fits right in with my interests with plant and soil science. Also, people talk so much about CAFOs I think it would be very interesting to keep up on the latest best management practices and trends for animal waste management.

Its intresting and with WI's new rules on NMP and CNMP planning for livestock sighting permits and DNR WDPS discharge permits it has opened up a whole new segment of work for agronomists and certified planners.

02-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Yea, yoos guys lay off Hoosier Bob! its not your job to pick on him and publicly embarass him. that happens to be MY job. I am in charge of making Hoosier look like the fool he is, well, he does that on his own, but someone needs to throw insults at him, and I have the union contract on it, so back off. So your infringing on my territory...;) 8p

Monte
02-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Yea, yoos guys lay off Hoosier Bob! its not your job to pick on him and publicly embarass him. that happens to be MY job. I am in charge of making Hoosier look like the fool he is, well, he does that on his own, but someone needs to throw insults at him, and I have the union contract on it, so back off. So your infringing on my territory...;) 8p

Yeah? and where's your badge???????:rolleyes:

02-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah? and where's your badge???????:rolleyes:
Ummmm.......well.......ya know.......uhhhhh....... I will have to look into getting a badge for that. Maybe instead of moderator I can be the "official Hoosier Badgerer" with a badge that gives me the authority to badger. Whatcha think?:confused:

Monte
02-16-2007, 01:43 PM
UMP you are doing a fine job without the badge...

Ryan
02-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Ryan,

Yes, you do sound like a sales person. How dare you.
I see you are looking for a boat. I have the perfect 190 for you. ;)

Do you see Ross Reps often? Have you seen/heard the new 2 oz formula presentation?

hacker
02-16-2007, 02:11 PM

HERE, HERE! You said it! Nobody knows how to draw anymore. It's pathetic. That being said, even though my title is designer, I don't do much drawing work anymore (been a drafter/designer for ~16 yrs). Mostly do MCAD administration for my company.

What is this "drafting machine" and "triangle" that you speak of???

Here's mine:

shepherd
02-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Here's mine:

Try to do THAT with pencil and paper. :cool:

I learned to draft with paper and pencil too in college. Spent a few all-nighters in the department drawing room doing mostly ship's lines (Naval Architect grad - Michigan). Immediately went into computer drafting when I got my first job though.

hacker
02-16-2007, 02:31 PM
...doing mostly ship's lines (Naval Architect grad - Michigan).

Very cool!:cool: I used to draw (design like) pictures of boats when I was a kid. Wish I had gone in that direction.

#47of100TeamMC
02-16-2007, 02:42 PM
As long as we're on the subject... Thermostat anyone? Thank God the paper pencil drafting ended after the first semester in College.

shepherd
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Very cool!:cool: I used to draw (design like) pictures of boats when I was a kid. Wish I had gone in that direction.

I gave up the engineering career about 8 years ago. One reason was that I didn't get to do stuff like that ^^^ anymore.

M-Funf
02-16-2007, 04:06 PM
As long as we're on the subject... Thermostat anyone? Thank God the paper pencil drafting ended after the first semester in College.

Good lookin' assembly #47. Is that yours? Do you work for Honeywell?

Here's one of mine...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p213e6c47117d0eed9fbfdf410ade2094/eaa584ad.jpg

Jerseydave
02-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Owner-Pennington Provisions

Authorized distributor for Dietz & Watson deli meats and cheeses.
www.dietzandwatson.com
Yes, I'm the meat man!

Me and my rig...........

Willski
02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Design Engineer here. Vehicle Development. I work on large mining trucks which is a lot of fun. I use CAD alot, but lately has been more project management.

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 08:42 PM
If I worked at ACE Hardware and specialized in selling (Garden Tools)shovels, rakes, axes and hoes, would I be a Pimp?

trickskier
02-16-2007, 08:43 PM
If I worked at ACE Hardware and specialized in selling (Garden Tools)shovels, rakes, axes and hoes, would I be a Pimp?
Why do you ask?????

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Why do you ask?????

Rewriting the book on job descriptions!:rolleyes:

Leroy
02-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I've never seen that brand in Indy, but that meat must be doing pretty good in Jersey!

www.dietzandwatson.com (http://www.dietzandwatson.com)
Yes, I'm the meat man!

Me and my rig...........

Leroy
02-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Research engineer for JDSU. Researching DOCSIS cable modems and open cable set tops now to see how what new test equipment we could launch. Very fun job! Looking at stuff 2-4 years out.

One of our portable instruments. Any Cable guys out there?

Jerseydave
02-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I've never seen that brand in Indy, but that meat must be doing pretty good in Jersey!

Not sure if we're near you, maybe in SCOTTS markets?

We're based out of Philadelphia, pretty popular around here.
It's been a good ride so far, hope to keep on truckin' for another 15 years or so. Our london broil roast beef is out of this world!

Jerseydave
02-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Research engineer for JDSU. Researching DOCSIS cable modems and open cable set tops now to see how what new test equipment we could launch. Very fun job! Looking at stuff 2-4 years out.

One of our portable instruments. Any Cable guys out there?

Leroy, that looks like an OTC scan tool I use to sell for MAC TOOLS!
(I know it's not, but similar looking)

Leroy
02-16-2007, 09:33 PM
NJskier;

I remember now Boarshead is one of the brands we like here. I'll be on the outlook for DietzandWatson here.

Our meter looks like a lot of meters, but we get $4-5k each for ours which is good for us!

atlfootr
02-16-2007, 09:37 PM
W O R K ... unlike sum.

Leroy
02-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Now don't go having a pitty party here Atlfootr! My last count you were living....on a lake and.... I'm living in some stinking development!

Going footing this weekend?

W O R K ... unlike sum.

02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
well. I am still an out of work male gigalo......:(

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 11:58 PM
well. I am still an out of work male gigalo......:(

That's a woman pleaser UMP, not a male standup comedian making people giggle!

06' X-2 R8R H8R
02-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Real Estate appraiser.....ie house PIMP

milkmania
02-17-2007, 12:16 AM

www.dietzandwatson.com (http://www.dietzandwatson.com)
Yes, I'm the meat man!

Me and my rig...........

hey Mag!
:woohoo:I found us a lunchmeat guy for Magmania!!!!
mmmmm coldcuts& cheese

DemolitionMan
02-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Demolition contractor. www.thompsonwrecking.com

bigmac
02-17-2007, 04:30 PM

Like this!The Zimmer rep spends so much time at our hospital we finally gave him his own locker.

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 05:17 PM
The Zimmer rep spends so much time at our hospital we finally gave him his own locker.

At first I read that as Zima and I was wondering just how much fun you had in the O.R. on any given day. Scared me!

DemolitionMan
02-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Any one need their home demolished? www.thompsonwrecking.com

shepherd
02-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Any one need their home demolished? www.thompsonwrecking.com

Maybe after the next hurricane passes through here :eek:

ShawnE
02-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I warp people's minds for a livin'.

Spent the 80's-90's producing industrial/technical training films for companies like John Deere, Echo and Miller Brewing....I've been inside the vats at every plant.
Currently, in house video production for Thrivent Financial, corporate communications and live event staging.. This year we go to Cabo, Maui, Tucson and Montreal. We chase the top sales guys around all week and I edit a show that plays their final nite. It's great to get out of the deep freeze every spring! I do miss the machinery shoots and have started a small production company, bringing together a group of old dawgs from the area, to get back into the mechanical stuff. We may be in need of some of these CAD gurus for animation work.

André
02-18-2007, 07:48 AM
I warp people's minds for a livin'.

Spent the 80's-90's producing industrial/technical training films for companies like John Deere, Echo and Miller Brewing....I've been inside the vats at every plant.
Currently, in house video production for Thrivent Financial, corporate communications and live event staging.. This year we go to Cabo, Maui, Tucson and Montreal. We chase the top sales guys around all week and I edit a show that plays their final nite. It's great to get out of the deep freeze every spring! I do miss the machinery shoots and have started a small production company, bringing together a group of old dawgs from the area, to get back into the mechanical stuff. We may be in need of some of these CAD gurus for animation work.
When will you be in Montreal?
I can hook you up with skiers if you'd like.
One of them do a job very similar to you...He made the December and January waterski video lately.

Mag_Red
02-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Any one need their home demolished? www.thompsonwrecking.comWhat's the price for antique brick?? I'm bidding out my own home now and have a need for approximately 19,000 brick, Wana give me a quote??

Footin
02-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Sales Reptile, Industrial Supplies.

Mag_Red
02-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Sales Reptile, Industrial Supplies.And here I thought you were a professional barefoot instructor:confused:

Footin
02-18-2007, 11:15 AM
And here I thought you were a professional barefoot instructor:confused:

I wish..........

ShawnE
02-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Andre,

The Montreal trip is in late July. 14hr. workdays all week chasing people around with a camera will make skiing during this trip. Thank for the offer tho.

GASouthernMC
02-19-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm a Land Surveyor. Getting ready to start my courses to get registered in Georgia.

atlfootr
02-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Now don't go having a pitty party here Atlfootr!
My last count you were living on a lake and I'm living in some stinking development!
Going footing this weekend?:noface: pitty party here 8p
It's 40 this morn'n and frankly, I'd rather be work'n this morn'n drink'n my joe stay'n warm instead of go'n foot'n and freez'n my arrsse off like some others folks I know.:rolleyes:

No Skees included :D

Leroy
02-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Ha ha! I'm sure next week you will be back out there! My new company let us have Presidents day off. First time in 24 years of working......

Do you ever wear a wet suit for warmth?

:noface: pitty party here 8p
It's 40 this morn'n and frankly, I'd rather be work'n this morn'n drink'n my joe stay'n warm instead of go'n foot'n and freez'n my arrsse off like some others folks I know.:rolleyes:

No Skees included :D

Leroy
02-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Clear out your PM's Atlfootr!

atlfootr
02-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Clear out your PM's Atlfootr!I'm jus' a popular guy, whatelse can I say :confused:

atlfootr
02-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Ha ha! I'm sure next week you will be back out there! My new company let us have Presidents day off. First time in 24 years of working......

Do you ever wear a wet suit for warmth?NExt week, it's suppose to be 70 on Tuesday ! WE'll be back out then w/ No Skeezs and his bud's from WI :D
Never wear wetsuits, :noface: either a heater shirt or drysuit

FoggyNogginz
03-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Telecommunications Engineer

michael freeman
03-03-2007, 04:47 PM
I simulate weapons of mass destruction.

tex
03-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm not the master of my own domain.