PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am Spyder

André
02-12-2007, 06:34 PM
It was release this last week here (I live 20 minutes from the Ski-Doo factory).
Don't know if you guys that rides saw it before so here's the link to it.
There aiming the US market big time!
http://spyder.brp.com/

There was another kind made around here,I,ll try to find a link.It's call a T-Rex...
http://www.go-t-rex.com/

jimmer2880
02-13-2007, 05:54 AM
That looks pretty cool. I like the T-Rex site. If only I could put one in my garage :)

Mag_Red
02-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Interesting concept. But if you wanted a bike, you'd want two wheels. If you want open road feel.........ie convertible ........you'd want more storage ( ie a trunk ) Maybe I'm a skeptic......but the site didn't work well for me. Didn't give me much info:(

ski_king
02-13-2007, 07:32 AM
As Mag said, interesting concept, but dosn't appeal to me. If the site worked better or I got to see one in person I may change my mind.
I wonder what the pricing is? I am guessing around the $20K range.

I think I would rather pay in the mid 20's and get a Mazda Miata or Pontiac Solstic and have 4 wheels and a roof if needed. Or stick with 2 and get a Harley.........

jimmer2880
02-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Interesting concept. But if you wanted a bike, you'd want two wheels. If you want open road feel.........ie convertible ........you'd want more storage ( ie a trunk ) Maybe I'm a skeptic......but the site didn't work well for me. Didn't give me much info:(

The T-Rex site worked much better for me.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-24-2007, 10:56 PM
I just received the DVD of the spyder in the mail. It reminder me of the BMW "clever" but ...........backwards...:confused:

bcampbe7
04-24-2007, 11:40 PM
As Mag said, interesting concept, but dosn't appeal to me. If the site worked better or I got to see one in person I may change my mind.
I wonder what the pricing is? I am guessing around the $20K range.

I think I would rather pay in the mid 20's and get a Mazda Miata or Pontiac Solstic and have 4 wheels and a roof if needed. Or stick with 2 and get a Harley.........

Base price for the T-Rex is $44K!

88 PS190
04-25-2007, 12:00 AM
give me an Atom... Honda civic R engine, in the rear. Awesome.

Ryan
04-25-2007, 01:06 AM
give me an Atom... Honda civic R engine, in the rear. Awesome.

I agree.

This Can-Am Spyder looks like it's for the Sled guys who always wished they could ride on dry ground in the warmer months...or the Sled guys who moved far from snow.

Ryan
04-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Maybe next year they'll come out with a multi-season conversion kit with skis and a track or mud tire.

PendO
04-25-2007, 01:29 AM
I like the spyder more than the T-rex ... and, my wife will never learn to ride a Harley, but she could ride/drive a spyder if she wanted to ... I think part of the appeal will be to people who are not capable of riding a 2 wheeler, and there will also be those who can ride a two wheeler but want another toy ... I wouldn't mind having one in my garage, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather have a new road king in the garage! (which reminds me, my boat payment is due)

Workin' 4 Toys
04-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Pendo- Agreed. (And you gave me a laugh with your ending comment:cool: )

Ryan- Or maybe because the snow doesn't come to us anymore, not because we moved away from it....I am not sure which I like better in a 3 wheel configuration, having the single wheel in the front or the back. Either way, I'd take one for a test drive...;)