PDA

View Full Version : Fed ex question....

123src
02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
So here I sit waiting for my new job offer hard copy, which was sent Fed Ex Next Day on Friday, and still no sign of the driver:( . The thing that really tans my hide is the fact that on Saturday, I received a Fed Ex ground package for my son from family members out of town. I asked the driver where my "next day" envelope was, and he replied "oh, that comes from a different place. I just do ground deliveries.":confused: :confused: :confused:

Either the company is toying with me, or Fed Ex does not count Saturday as "next day".

Aside from the obvious "your screwed; no job for you" replies, does anyone know Fed ex routine?

bcampbe7
02-12-2007, 12:33 PM
So here I sit waiting for my new job offer hard copy, which was sent Fed Ex Next Day on Friday, and still no sign of the driver:( . The thing that really tans my hide is the fact that on Saturday, I received a Fed Ex ground package for my son from family members out of town. I asked the driver where my "next day" envelope was, and he replied "oh, that comes from a different place. I just do ground deliveries.":confused: :confused: :confused:

Either the company is toying with me, or Fed Ex does not count Saturday as "next day".

Aside from the obvious "your screwed; no job for you" replies, does anyone know Fed ex routine?

The driver is correct in saying that the Next Day packages are delivered by a different driver than the ground packages.

Also, I don't think Saturday delivery is part of Next Day unless the sender paid the extra fee for Saturday delivery.

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 12:40 PM
If you have or can get a tracking number from the persons who sent the package, you can find out on-line exactly where your suspect package is and the projected time and place of delivery.

123src
02-12-2007, 12:42 PM
OK... That makes me feel better. Thanks for the quick replies guys. I knew I could count on TT to help me out!:D

Maristar210
02-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I might add that while next day does not include Saturday for Fed-Ex it also does not constitute early next day unless the sending party pays for it. I have ordered motorcycle parts next day air and had the guy show up at my house at 7:00PM with it.

Just fyi fer Ya

ski_king
02-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Fed Ex customer service sucks.
I keep getting packages dropped off at my door that should be delievered to a new neighbor a 1/4 mile down the road.
First few times, no problem, I just throw them in the truck and take them down.
Then he week before Christmas I find a large 100 lb.+ package siting by my basement door they dropped of again. I didnt notice it at first and it must have sat there for a few days in the rain and snow.
I called Fed Ex and after a half hour of being on hold, they said they would send somebody out. It sat there another week before I got tired of walking around it and took it to the right place. Only to find he had put a tracer on it and they claimed it was lost.

Anybody need a bronze range hood?

Maristar210
02-12-2007, 01:12 PM
SkiKing -

Your FedEx guys sounds like my mailman. A$$hole can't read a billboard

slink976
02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Have you ever noticed the subliminal advertising in FedEX....

next time you see one of there trucks look at the Ex part...

in between the E and the X there is an arrow. looks like this E->X. it is made by the combining the EX. very subtle must people I point it out to say huh never seen that before.

Lee

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Have you ever noticed the subliminal advertising in FedEX....

next time you see one of there trucks look at the Ex part...

in between the E and the X there is an arrow. looks like this E->X. it is made by the combining the EX. very subtle must people I point it out to say huh never seen that before.

Lee

You mean this, probably coincidence and marketing genius. I could have sworn, I saw a triple meat Whopper in that!

Leroy
02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
My next day job last summer offer took 3 days, Sat, and then the package was actually sent 2 days by mistake. For me it was only the official paper for what was agreed to so not a big deal other than everything is a big deal when you are out of work!!!! Sent Friday and arrived Tuesday!

Good luck, if they say they sent it you are ok.

School Skier
02-12-2007, 04:04 PM
I have had negative results with Fed Ex. When I order anything now I always specify UPS or through the mail.

123src
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
My next day job last summer offer took 3 days, Sat, and then the package was actually sent 2 days by mistake. For me it was only the official paper for what was agreed to so not a big deal other than everything is a big deal when you are out of work!!!! Sent Friday and arrived Tuesday!

Good luck, if they say they sent it you are ok.

Still waiting:(

Not THAT BIG of a deal, when it really comes down to it. I am currently employed, but this is a much better position. Verbal compensation agreement has already been made, but it just feels complete when the hard copies are in front of you.

Ric
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
first off , good luck src

second, king, I recently heard a couple of independent stories where fedex was dropping off packages without signature proof and also would not pay for the lost package if the recipient said they didn't receive the package...

must be a new part of the game...