PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the grammys?

Willski
02-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I did a search on the grammys. Hope I'm duplicating a post. Pretty good performances so far. Shakira....hips....drooling a little.

sanjuan23
02-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah but if someone doesnt put a cork in Natalie Maines I am gonna jump off my roof!!!!

atlfootr
02-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Anyone watch'n the Grammys?NO :noface:

Willski
02-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Maybe I'm setting myself up, but I do like the Dixie chicks music, but I hate when any artist thinks an award show is the stage for them to voice their religious or political views. Leave it alone and make music!!!!

sanjuan23
02-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Natalie's dad has to be one of my favorite writers and producers and a genreally all around good guy. But that song they won for is just another stage for them and tonight was just another stage for her to open her mouth and spill out well garbage. I agree just because you are an artist does not give you the right to force feed your political/social beliefs down my throat. Here's my social agenda.... I aint buying your CD

jimmer2880
02-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Maybe I'm setting myself up, but I do like the Dixie chicks music, but I hate when any artist thinks an award show is the stage for them to voice their religious or political views. Leave it alone and make music!!!!

I totally agree. I was completely bummed when I had to burn my dixie chicks CDs. They make great music. Just wish they could learn to keep their pie-hole shut.

Oddly enough - the same day I tossed their CD's - I bought another 2 from Charlie Daniels :)

mitch
02-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I did a search on the grammys. Hope I'm duplicating a post. Pretty good performances so far. Shakira....hips....drooling a little.

Those hips are amazing! I hate the Dixie Chicks. If I heard their name I left the room so did not hear anything from them:)

Harvey
02-12-2007, 12:40 PM
You can call me what you will but Justin Timberlake is turning into a talented musician. I saw him play both the Guitar and the Piano last night. If he continues to learn musical instruments and further refine his music he might be the Prince of the future. I can tell you this, it is a TRAGEDY that The Roots didn't win for Game Theory.

In closing I would like to say that Llyod Maines is probably embarrassed by his daughters mouth. She reminds me of that pain in the @ss fat chick in high school who wants to tell everyone about how bad the popular kids are. I wish someone would stuff a dirty sock in her mouth. And for you northerners the Dixie Chicks are not country music, they are pop music from the south. If you want to hear some country music just let me know I will direct you to some real country music.

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I watched just to see the commercials and the halftime show!
SORRY, wrong week???????????????

Ric
02-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I saw some of this mess too.

I guess I don't get the grammys. I mean the dixie chicks havent done anything noteworthy since she went on foreign soil and bashed our prez... but they won at least 3 best of somethings last nite...

now maybe grammy's aren't based on popularity or sales, I dont know, but it was patenly obvious that these people were only winning awards from their friends based on their political views.... hmmmmm

not dissin the chicks, they do that on their own.

How many of you have awards shows for the job you do every day?

Harvey
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I saw some of this mess too.

I guess I don't get the grammys. I mean the dixie chicks havent done anything noteworthy since she went on foreign soil and bashed our prez... but they won at least 3 best of somethings last nite...

now maybe grammy's aren't based on popularity or sales, I dont know, but it was patenly obvious that these people were only winning awards from their friends based on their political views.... hmmmmm

not dissin the chicks, they do that on their own.

How many of you have awards shows for the job you do every day?

That is what I hate about the Grammy's now. I love Rick Rubin and the Dixie Chicks album is probably, on the right scale, a very good album but to say that it tops Neil Young on anything is absurd. I feel the same way about Ludacris (who is great) beating out the R&B genius of The Roots. The Dixie Chicks won because all the voters happen to agree with their politics. I hate it when someone gets an award for being an @ss kisser!

We actually have awards given out monthly in my field but it is actually based on preformance not who kisses the bosses @ss.

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
From what I have seen, I may have missed something, I think Kid Rock was thinking Arby's (2 Cheddar Melts, 1 Curley Fries and a joint) and she was glad!

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
And some more I missed,

RexDog1
02-12-2007, 05:41 PM
No.................:D

Workin' 4 Toys
02-12-2007, 09:07 PM
No, but I did hear the Dix chics won something. That in itself makes me glad I didn't know it was on, and I have no interest in watching something of that nature. Who votes for that stuff anyway.....Absurd.

tex
02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Police-Come on play more than one song and make them both something other than Roxanne!
DC's-Nice music, but enough Natalie
Too much other crap and I was disappointed that the Peppers did not rock the house!

RexDog1
02-13-2007, 02:45 PM
No.................:D i am a man:D ....lol

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I just love this pic and don't know why!

lakesnake
02-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I really liked the Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood versions of the Eagles' music. Thought it was pretty good stuff. I also enjoyed Flatts' remake of Tom Cochran's "Life Is A Highway" for the movie Cars (this wasn't on the Grammys)