PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

cbryan70
02-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Anyone on here got the new windows vista?

rodltg2
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
yes this laptop i bought has it

cbryan70
02-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok question for you then...i just got a new laptop to and i am unable to use limewire or any of those types of programs...just kicks me off my network completely when running the program...any ideas?

rodltg2
02-11-2007, 08:37 PM
sorry bud, your askin the wrong dude. i dont even know what lime wire is? im prety computer retarded. im barely able to post on team talk. all i know is that i dont like all the differences so far

cbryan70
02-11-2007, 08:59 PM
figured it out....read that the virus program that comes with vista has some conflicting issues....macafee or however you spell it just unistalled it and now its working a bit better

atlfootr
02-11-2007, 10:15 PM
ppl say, McAfee's crapola :o

atlfootr
02-11-2007, 10:19 PM
I bet Gates programmed it that way, so the user would have to call in for Tech Support and spend the BIG $$$$ on billing charges :mad:

Eagle
02-12-2007, 12:54 AM
mcafee antivirus isn't part of vista. it's a separate antivirus program your oem chose to preinstall. microsoft has its own antivirus program but it's not built in to vista.

jimmer2880
02-12-2007, 06:06 AM
We've been beta testing it for about a year now. And - I'm going to wait to install it on any of my home systems. I think it's rather solid - but way too many "are you sure you're sure that you want to do that" for me.

School Skier
02-12-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm going to wait until the bugs are out of Vista. I don't understand the computer stuff just how to operate it e mail and the internet. From what I understand from the people in the know they always have problems with new programs at the start.

rodltg2
09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
my dad is looking at buying a laptop, he's old school so he just learned to use XP. can you wipe off vista and load xp?

alletric
09-17-2007, 08:01 PM
This is how Anthony of the Opie and Anthony show installs Vista. Yes the guys that got kicked off the air for the sex in the Catholic Church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno

Cloaked
09-17-2007, 09:05 PM
my dad is looking at buying a laptop, he's old school so he just learned to use XP. can you wipe off vista and load xp?Yes but capture all of your periphials' drivers before you reformat. Makes life much easier upon reinstall. Download and burn to a CD for the reload. I have a program that will capture all OS drivers on your system now. Either way, I'd recomment having drivers available prior to reformatting (for ease of installation). You'll have to boot into Vista from safe mode (if it allows reformat from there) or a 98 boot disk.

Vista is a nice OS. It comes in various versions. Vista Enterprise is a very nice OS. Vista Home is a barebones OS within it's own rights.

You might as well use Vista. Win XP will go away soon. It will not be available after Jan 08 (according to MS) and support beyond that will dwindle quickly, just as did Win98.

east tx skier
09-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Bought a new desktop and a laptop on Friday, both with Vista. Other than Nero not working, it's been fine. Didn't have any trouble with the wireless on the laptop. Only other issue was that there was apparently a conflict with AVG Anti Spyware. Windows Program "Defender" apparently doesn't like it. AVG antivirus works fine though.

G-man
09-18-2007, 09:27 AM
my daughters laptop seems slow to do most everything including shutting down

chevy08bud
09-18-2007, 10:07 AM
my dad is looking at buying a laptop, he's old school so he just learned to use XP. can you wipe off vista and load xp?

You can still buy laptops with XP loaded on them instead of Vista. Just ask around, they are out there. We just bought 4 of them here at work. Haven't made the move over to Vista yet, maybe within the next year. If you can't find one, order a computer from CDW or cdw.com. They will give you whatever you want.

BrianM
09-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I've been running Vista on my new desktop for about the last 6 months. So far I haven't had any issues with the exception of it not being able to run the Tivo desktop software. Network was easy to set up with no issues. I find it faster than most of the other machince that I come into contact with but I am runnig 2gig of ram. I really like the look of it and after a little learning curve the changes to where a few things are have become second nature. Overall I have been very happy with it.