PDA

View Full Version : Finally found the my "Bat Boat" pics!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-11-2007, 06:49 PM
OK peeps, I found my Bat boat pictures!! Here they are. Me and 3 freinds painted this and afixed the batwings to it in our Junior year in High School. My dad and uncle owned this boat and it was UGLY pink. We wanted to paint it, my dad said GO FOT IT! He didnt care what color we painted it cuz it was so ugly. so we converted it to a batboat. :) it was a early 60's Owens boat, and Merc engine. LOTSA fun!!!!! that boat was a tank, but we got more looks at any marina with that beast! it was a blast for 4 goofy teenagers to have fun with. And yes, those windshields are from a late 80's yamaha phaser. everything in the boat was labeled just like in the 60's TV series. Bat key, Bat horn, Bat Steering wheel, Bat Gas, Bat Throttle, Bat Compass, Bat speedometer, etc.... and the horn was an old "Oooga" horn like the old cars had in the 30's. FUN BOAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/scan0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/scan0001.jpg

rodltg2
02-11-2007, 07:00 PM
too funny, in high school my friend and i bought a bat moblie. some guy made it out of an 88 olds delta. he had made it for a parade and then decided to sell it. as high school kids we didnt have much money and we offered him $300. the guy took it. we had to forge our parents signature to buy it , since we were only 16. we would hide around the corner from our houses so our parents didnt know about it. we had a great time with it until the cops started giving us a hard time. ended up selling it to some HP geeks who thought they could use it to pick up chicks. may have worked for us in high school. these guys were in their early 30's at the time doubt it worked for them. i wish i had pics of it!!

Maristar210
02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
UMP-

So your affection with capes is a longstanding one?

barefoot
02-11-2007, 07:30 PM
dude...is that you with a mullet???

02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
UMP-

So your affection with capes is a longstanding one?
Yea, ever since childhood. I wore a dish towel and called it my "cave" cuz I couldnt pronounce Cape. so I had a long time fascination with super heros I guess. :rolleyes: but yes, I cant deny it. My parents are laughing their arses off right now Steve, they loved your comment!:)

02-11-2007, 07:37 PM
dude...is that you with a mullet???
Uh.....yea...um....I cant lie.....yea....that is a mullet. :o :o

TMCNo1
02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
UMP, you never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the pics and the story.
You are our Super hero!

TMCNo1
02-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Lynn just told me to tell you and I quote, "I just can't wait to meet UMP, I have always had a fetish for Super Heros"!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll see ya'll later, I gotta go to the costume shop at the mall before it closes! Wooo Hooo, tonight's the night!

02-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Lynn just told me to tell you and I quote, "I just can't wait to meet UMP, I have always had a fetish for Super Heros"!

I'll see ya'll later, I gotta go to the costume shop at the mall before it closes! Wooo Hooo, tonight's the night!
GOOD LUCK HAROLD!!!!!!:toast: :headbang: :steering:

Remember, dont try to fly!!!!! I dont care how impressed she is, dont go out the bedroom winder!

betsy&david Harrison
02-11-2007, 08:55 PM
What ever became of that boat? It should be in the archives, the UMP archives.

02-11-2007, 09:05 PM
What ever became of that boat? It should be in the archives, the UMP archives.
My dad and undle sold it. Its a classic!:) I want another one!!!:D

east tx skier
02-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Nice looking ride, UMP.

betsy&david Harrison
02-11-2007, 09:07 PM
My dad and undle sold it. Its a classic!:) I want another one!!!:D
Maybe it is on ebay somewhere...I want one too:D

barefoot
02-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Uh.....yea...um....I cant lie.....yea....that is a mullet. :o :o

:D :D

That's, like, hot!

02-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe it is on ebay somewhere...I want one too:D
I want to make one out of an old Checkmate boat. I had a friend that had one, and I wanted to buy it, but he wanted too much for it. I still want another bat boat. Someday......someday.......

Willski
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Looks like you've always had extra time on your hands?? Or you don't sleep? Cool boat though.

shepherd
02-11-2007, 10:28 PM
That is a cool looking boat UMP. Looks like it belongs in the stunt show lagoon at Universal Studios! :D

Leroy
02-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Neat boat UMP and you did this in high school, WOW!

02-11-2007, 10:49 PM
BTW, when my dad sold that boat, we kept the bat wings, but we lots trac of them years later.... I dont know what became of them.

I truly want to have another one someday. when the time is right, something will come along and I will pick up a project boat and do another one. Something cheap......

Maybe now if I get one, I can ski behind it with my cape on:cool: 8p

Leroy
02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
UMP; You have to put bat wings on your 190 now, must do it!

Chief
02-12-2007, 05:50 AM
OK peeps, I found my Bat boat pictures!! Here they are. Me and 3 freinds painted this and afixed the batwings to it in our Junior year in High School. My dad and uncle owned this boat and it was UGLY pink. We wanted to paint it, my dad said GO FOT IT! He didnt care what color we painted it cuz it was so ugly. so we converted it to a batboat. :) it was a early 60's Owens boat, and Merc engine. LOTSA fun!!!!! that boat was a tank, but we got more looks at any marina with that beast! it was a blast for 4 goofy teenagers to have fun with. And yes, those windshields are from a late 80's yamaha phaser. everything in the boat was labeled just like in the 60's TV series. Bat key, Bat horn, Bat Steering wheel, Bat Gas, Bat Throttle, Bat Compass, Bat speedometer, etc.... and the horn was an old "Oooga" horn like the old cars had in the 30's. FUN BOAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/scan0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/scan0001.jpg

Is that a "members only" jacket? Ahhhh a mullet and a members only jacket. {Pause} Oh that takes me back.

Nice Pics, what's in the cooler?

02-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Is that a "members only" jacket? Ahhhh a mullet and a members only jacket. {Pause} Oh that takes me back.

Nice Pics, what's in the cooler?
Uh...where do you see a cooler? :confused: I dont see one....

NO on the members only Jacket, I think Jim was wearing a jean jacket there, I could be wrong, but thats what memory serves anyway..... I was driving the boat in both pics.

02-12-2007, 08:52 AM
UMP; You have to put bat wings on your 190 now, must do it!
Oooo! NO way Leroy! :noface: As cool as the concept of a bat boat is, I cant deface my 190 like that. Just cant do it. It would be a crime in my eyes to do something like that to a Mastercraft. If I found the right old clunker for really cheap, I might be inclined to buy it and paint it up. Someday I will stumble into something.....(most likely it will be my coffee table8p )

Mikey
02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey UMP is that Witz's marina? I think I recognize one of those guys in the pics. Who are they?

02-12-2007, 09:49 AM
PM at ya Mikey!:)

3event
02-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Just happened to spot this news story today, auction coming up..... get your checkbooks out!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/09/D8N6JUD80.html

02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
NO WAY! the "Bat Ray Protector" , parachute, and Rocket tubes dont work on that car! I wont buy it if that stuff dont work!:rolleyes:
8p 8p

Ric
02-12-2007, 11:15 AM
ok that is cool ump. why no cape in the pics though?

02-12-2007, 11:21 AM
ok that is cool ump. why no cape in the pics though?
I guess it was peer pressure, apparantly it wasnt "cool" to wear capes in high school years. 8p 8p ;)

trickskier
02-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Cool boat UMP, but what's up with the PINK & Black vest??? Oh, and is that yellow thing on the bow a horn or siren???

02-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Cool boat UMP, but what's up with the PINK & Black vest??? Oh, and is that yellow thing on the bow a horn or siren???
ITS WAS THE 80'S!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, the yellow thing is an "ooga" horn.

trickskier
02-12-2007, 11:43 AM
LOL.........Just teasing with you UMP. I used to have a HOT PINK ski rope that I thought was way cool.

Maristar210
02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]I guess it was peer pressure, apparantly it wasnt "cool" to wear capes in high school years. ;)/QUOTE]

Nor is it now8p 8p

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]I guess it was peer pressure, apparantly it wasnt "cool" to wear capes in high school years.[QUOTE]

Nor is it now

It's OK UMP, if you wear your cape nowdays, just as long as Sari does signs about you! No peer pressure here!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I guess it was peer pressure, apparantly it wasnt "cool" to wear capes in high school years.

Nor is it now8p 8p
Actually, I am a trend setter Steve, I decide all the latest things that are "cool" it will take a while, but the cape thing will soon be all the rage at everyones local night club. it will be hip, en vogue, ya know, the "in" thing to do. Follow my fashion sense Staristar:D :cool:

02-12-2007, 01:30 PM
It's OK UMP, if you wear your cape nowdays, just as long as Sari does signs about you! No peer pressure here!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Speaking of capes.....how did things go last night with your wife? did you get to the costume store before they closed?

shepherd
02-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, the yellow thing is an "ooga" horn.

I didn't know the Bat Boat had an "ooga horn" :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Good call on the 190 UMP. Those wings would get in the way of the ski rope, though they might improve tracking!

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Speaking of capes.....how did things go last night with your wife? did you get to the costume store before they closed?

Didn't need a costume as I found out, as I would have only worn mine as long as she wore hers. I saved the $'s and went to Wendy's after it was all over and got us a "Frosty" to cool us both off!
Man, it was good too! I just love them chocolate "Frosties"!:rolleyes:

02-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Didn't need a costume as I found out, as I would have only worn mine as long as she wore hers. I saved the $'s and went to Wendy's after it was all over and got us a "Frosty" to cool us both off!
Man, it was good too! I just love them chocolate "Frosties"!:rolleyes:
NOthing like a "frosty" or a Pasty!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

BeavenX5
02-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Nice boat UMP. This bat boat reminds me of our little boat parade that ended in a naval war on July 1st last year. Good thing that MC can't sink because my ski partner's Bat Boat had onbord a huge water pump hooked to a Honda generator. They called it the bat cannon...
Talk about being competitive...:mad: I will need ideas for next year's revenge.