PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Colorado Skier seeks others

BoulderSkier
02-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Hello Colorado Skiers,

Previous 92 Prostar 190 owner seeks skiing friends and situations near Boulder.

I am looking for a Prostar 190 on a single axle trailer under $25k, private water memberships or others who need a competent driver, reliable third, help with maintenance and expenses etc.

I have a flexible schedule and love to ski March through October.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from any skiers in the area. The ice is beginning to thaw!! :)

BoulderSkier

MooseMan
05-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Add me to that list! My wife and I are relocating to the Denver area in the coming months. I will be boatless for the time being but can drive and ski!

BoulderSkier
05-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Hello MooseMan,

Well I finaly picked up a 2005 190 last weekend and have begin the spring skiing. The weather has been less than cooperative, but we make do. :) When do you get into town? Any idea where you will be living? I am skiing on Boulder Reseroir a few miles NE of town. Keep in touch.

Gerry

CoFooter
05-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I ski/foot on Boulder Res early/late in the year, and sometimes early AM before work. Otherwise too crowded for me. During prime time I ski on a few private lakes in the area. If you guys are interested in a membership, I may be able to help with some contacts.

Moose, looks like you're a footer. Lots of footers in Colorado as well as a few tounaments and clinics each year.

BoulderSkier
05-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Hello CoFooter,

Nice to hear from another reservoir skier. I am definately interested in some private water. As mentioned above, I now own a 2005 PS 190. If you need a tow or a flagholder I am always looking for drivers and thirds.
Feel free to call me 303 494 1658
Gerry

skisix@38
05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Glad to see some more CO skiers! This weather has been terrible this week, I haven't skied in a week and I don't think it 's gonna happen this weekend either.

When you say you ski the Boulder res. do mean the bigger lake or the smaller private one with a course off to the side? This weather keeps up and I'm going to be looking for a way to get lunchtime sets in and I work right by the airport in Bldr.

Welcome!

BoulderSkier
05-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi skisix,

Unfortunately I have to ski the bigger lake. Haven't found a way onto the limited private water close to town yet. Where are you skiing at? Luchtimes can work well for me too.

CoFooter
05-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Boulder, I sent you a PM.

skisix@38
05-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi skisix,

Unfortunately I have to ski the bigger lake. Haven't found a way onto the limited private water close to town yet. Where are you skiing at? Luchtimes can work well for me too.

Right now I'm not skiing at lunch time and that is the reason I'm not skiing at all. Mon., Tues., and Weds were skiable days up to about 1PM.

I ski in Brighton on a private lake and usually go around 4:30 or so.

BoulderSkier
05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I live about 12 minutes from the rez and work from home. I have a lot of flexiblity on availbility and am looking for others that do too. Usually after 1:00 the wind blows too much and depending on the time of year, there can be too many boats running at certain times of the day. I hardly ever take my boat out afternoon. Having said that, I have also been able to avoid the crowds and get pretty decent water. If you are in town and have flexilibity, maybe we can make it work. This weekend sure does not look good.

Kyle's_prostar205
05-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Parker guy here with a 1997 Prostar 205. I usually try and hit Cherry Creek, Horsetooth, Grandby, Grand Lake and Shadow Mtn. My girl friends dad is an owner on a private lake in Brighton.

Kyle's_prostar205
05-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Right now I'm not skiing at lunch time and that is the reason I'm not skiing at all. Mon., Tues., and Weds were skiable days up to about 1PM.

I ski in Brighton on a private lake and usually go around 4:30 or so.
sixsix,

What lake are you skiing on in Brighton?

BoulderSkier
05-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Parker guy here with a 1997 Prostar 205. I usually try and hit Cherry Creek, Horsetooth, Grandby, Grand Lake and Shadow Mtn. My girl friends dad is an owner on a private lake in Brighton.

Hi Kyle,

I have been meaning to drop you a line as I have wandered through your thread recently. Would love to hear about your MC owners get together. I am sure some fun would be had.

What lake is your GF associated with in Brighton? Any space available? I still can't beat the closeness of the Boulder Reservoir, but it wouldn't be hard to beat the crowds.

Gerry

Ric
05-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Hello MooseMan,

Well I finaly picked up a 2005 190 last weekend and have begin the spring skiing. The weather has been less than cooperative, but we make do. :) When do you get into town? Any idea where you will be living? I am skiing on Boulder Reseroir a few miles NE of town. Keep in touch.

Gerry PICS of that 05 190 please!

BoulderSkier
05-05-2007, 12:14 PM
PICS of that 05 190 please!

Here you are Ric.

I think this will show up. I have not taken any since I bought it. More to follow.

Ric
05-05-2007, 05:17 PM
excellent, bring it! in fact, the best place for them would be the prostar thread

MooseMan
05-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I wasn't evern sure if I'd be packing my ski! Great to see there are some folks around the area who are active.

We're not sure when we'll be getting into town - depends on when our place here in Syracuse, NY sells and when my wife and I lose our jobs :D I'm hoping for sometime early summer. No idea where we'll live yet but conditions permitting I'd enjoy meeting some of you guys and hitting the water. Unfortunately I can't bring my boat (84 Stars n Strips Powerslot) - don't have anything to tow it with.

I do foot but I'm far from tourney style :)

I'll definitely keep in touch.

Don

Hello MooseMan,

Gerry

MooseMan
08-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I have arrived!

My wife and I have taken a place in Evergreen. I brought my ski - have not skiied all summer :( I'm currently looking for work but would be interested in meeting fellow skiers. From Evergreen is there a place within reasonable distance?

CoFooter
08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
From Evergreen, and with no boat, your best bet may be in Morrison. Just south of 470 and 70 interchange. Bear Creek Park I think it is. They have a ski school lake you can see from the freeway. They charge by the set and have a phone number posted you can see from the freeway as well. If you interested in footing, we'll probably start hitting Boulder Res again soon now that the kids are back in school either before work, or early on the weekends til it freezes. Theres a barefoot tourney in Brighton on 9/15 if you are interested in participating or just coming to watch and meet others. Let me know.

MooseMan
08-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the offer. I'm in the process of trying to get some contract work - might end up in Boulder a few days a week. Maybe we could work something out!

I did see the sign off of 470 for skiing. skisoda.com I think - it is like $25 for 10 minutes - or 40 10 minute pulls for eight-hundred something. I'm willing to contribute to gas and maintenance but I'm not that much of a high-roller yet :D

CoFooter
08-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, its not cheap.

Tommys Slalom shop runs a ski school at Boulder res, you may want to see if they offer just pulls. I think they do, probably cheaper than Soda. I'm skiing in northern Co til 10/1, then will start hitting boulder. Lets touch base then.

MasterCrafting
08-24-2007, 12:12 AM
How about a Pull out in Gunnison? I saw a prostar on my way into town just over monarch pass.

MooseMan
08-26-2007, 07:37 PM
How about a Pull out in Gunnison? I saw a prostar on my way into town just over monarch pass.

Ouch! That's like 3 hrs!!

MasterCrafting
08-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Gunny is 3 hours from everywhere....there are a ton of boats on Blue Mesa....anyone?

mtnsun
08-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Went by Blue Mesa on Sunday and their was not a lot of people out on the water. I was in Crested Butte over the weekend and it's gettin' real chilly in that area in the evenings! Water temps are dropping fast. I plan on being out at Horsetooth this weekend then out at a private lake in Wellington until the end of the sason.

Friday
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Mtn Sun, Were headed to Blue Mesa for labor day w/e. Normally, we put in at Sloan's lake in Denver just to ski the course there, but will be heading up to Horsetooth next weekend. Going to have a big group for a party, where is the best place to beach and take a smaller group out to ski/wakeboard on the lake.

MasterCrafting
08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Anyone willing to give a poor boatless college kid a pull on blue mesa? Puuuuuhhhlllleaaaseeee!!!! My boat is in illinois....:-(

Friday
08-30-2007, 12:17 AM
We'll be up to blue mesa friday night, camping all w/e. Can hook u up pm me for phone number. Is there a course up there?

MasterCrafting
08-30-2007, 12:28 AM
pm sent...

MasterCrafting
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks again a ton for the pull.

MooseMan
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Good news - I'm starting some contract work in Boulder this week... so I should be out there on a semi-regular basis and would love to link up with some skiers.

Bad news - I haven't skied all season and now I've got a nasty pulled muscle in the lower back so right now I'm looking to meet people and will offer my services as a driver / spotter if needed. I'm just dying to get out on the water!

MooseMan
09-28-2014, 11:01 PM
7 years later I'm dusting this off. Now live in Boulder/Longmont. Looking for the private water around here and ready to hop on a list. Please PM me if you would be willing to share some of the lakes. Or if you need a driver. I know it's the end of the season but no reason to not plan ahead :)

SJ.
10-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Mooseman, wish you were down south. Although, mine isn't the best for skiing. We mostly board and surf.