PDA

View Full Version : Frozen H2O in the engine compartment

richardsoncd
02-09-2007, 09:18 AM
:eek: So here goes: I have my boat stored at my old house (recently moved) and it was there for two weeks under a carport (covered of course). Well the carport apparently has a bad leak, which leaked onto the boatcover, which leaked into my boat. I do not have an auto-bilge in the boat, and water sat in the engine compartment between the stringers and froze....what kind of damage can this cause. Thanks.

P.S. the boat is getting moved to a "water proof" storage area

TMCNo1
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I wish I knew what to tell you, other than melt the ice from the bilge and get the water out as soon as possible, dry everything out and check for damage.

But, what concerns me more is the following thread you posted,
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12805&highlight=winterize

richardsoncd
02-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I wish I knew what to tell you, other than melt the ice from the bilge and get the water out as soon as possible, dry everything out and check for damage.

But, what concerns me more is the following thread you posted,
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12805&highlight=winterize

Oh no...I drained all the fluids, "sucked up" some RV antifreeze, fogged, stabelized the fuel, etc. no worries about that....
It wasn't frozen "solid" just a little on the top.

Maristar210
02-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Doesn't sound like anything would have been damaged to me. I'd thaw the water and remove it for peace of mind but you should be just fine.

Steve

TMCNo1
02-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh no...I drained all the fluids, "sucked up" some RV antifreeze, fogged, stabelized the fuel, etc. no worries about that....
It wasn't frozen "solid" just a little on the top.

Good, scared me!

jimmer2880
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
don't forget to remove the drain plug so that it won't happen again....

mayo93prostar
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM
it could have cracked the bilge pump because it is plastic and it would not take much to do it. remove the plug!

richardsoncd
02-09-2007, 11:05 AM
The plug was removed.....but the trailer wasn't jacked up high enough for proper drainage. It is now