PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Code Garage Door Openers?

sanjuan23
02-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Anyone know if there is a maximum number of "openers" you can have for these creatures? I have been trying to get my home link setup in the truck and I cannot get the thing to work. Dont you just love winter time questions. :mad:

M-Funf
02-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I've got two rolling code openers in my garage. I have two normal remotes and two "home link" remotes (one in each car). I can open either door with all four openers.

Hope this helps.

sanjuan23
02-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Well it does and doesnt... I am guessing with the 2 normal remotes having programmed two different vehicles (none current), the remotes with the alarm and the keypad at the front of the door. I have probably exceeded them. I have sat on hold with Genie for 25 minutes and hung up out of frustration. Anyone know how to completely reset and start from scratch? Thanks!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
FWIW- I have 3 openers, and 8 remotes. All of them work all of the openers.
However, I have not been able to succesfully program my home link either... Although I gave up after one try..:o
So let me know if you get it, so I don't have to spend 25 minutes on hold...;)

BrianM
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I just set up a homelink with a rolling code.

First you have to hold the remote next to the visor and program that way. Then you have to press the learn button on the back of the garage door opener itself and then within 30 seconds press and hold the homelink button that was just programmed with the remote 3 times. Worked first time for me.

M-Funf
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh, I guess I should have said I've got the UGDO (universal garage door opener) rather than home link...maybe that's the difference???

I've also got them programmed to open the gates...

sanjuan23
02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I just set up a homelink with a rolling code.

First you have to hold the remote next to the visor and program that way. Then you have to press the learn button on the back of the garage door opener itself and then within 30 seconds press and hold the homelink button that was just programmed with the remote 3 times. Worked first time for me.

Thanks Brian I will give it a shot when I get to the house dammed instructions said nothing about using the remote to program first. Just said if you have rolling code openers start here....

Workin' 4 Toys
02-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I tried to program mine to a "gate" also, wouldn't work that either.

I get "clearing codes"
Then after the procedure, " Accepted codes" but nothing.

After you "teach" the home link the remote, do you then have to "teach" the opener from the home link?

BrianM
02-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks Brian I will give it a shot when I get to the house dammed instructions said nothing about using the remote to program first. Just said if you have rolling code openers start here....

Yeah you have to use the remote first. Press and hold the button on the remote and the homelink button you want. The light on the homelink will be solid then blink slow then blink fast. After it blinks fast (about 15-20 sec) it is programmed. Then do the thing with the learn button on the opener pressing and holding the homelink 2-3 times. As soon as the garage door moves you are done. Should work

djhuff
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
The way mine worked (on a Ford and Audi), was to try to do the garage door opener first, then if the light blinked some wierd way, to go to the back of the garage door opener and press the learn button, then run back to the car and press the same homelink button.

(there was also a disclaimer that said to make sure the car was not under the garage door)