PDA

View Full Version : Temp Gauge

Prostar Rich
02-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I have a 1990 ProStar 190 with VDO gauges. The problem that I am having is the temp gauge does not read correctly after the engine has warmed up. I replaced the piece in the intake manifold where the gauge gets it's reading and still no luck. Could I have a bad gauge?

Thanks,
Prostar Rich

JKTX21
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12970

Here's a somewhat related thread. I am having the same issue with my temp gauge, pressure gauge, and volt gauge. I have replaced the sending units, and the readings are still low. I haven't gotten into it to repair it yet, but I assume there is a weak or loose ground somewhere in my dash.

Prostar Rich
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the link. I will pull the dash and check the ground. It may be possible for me to get at it from under the dash but I will have to check. On a side note I have gone through 2 fuel sending units in order to get a proper fuel reading. Seems the fuel sending unit is a weak link. All in all just some minor issues considering the boat is 17 years old.

Prostar Rich

JKTX21
02-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that... it's been a while since I've captained the PS. My fuel gauge is ALWAYS half full.... or half empty depending upon my mood!