PDA

View Full Version : 42nd Annual Minocqua Mayhem-Upper Midwest MC Gathering

Pages : [1] 2

Datdude
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I figured it was time to start a new thread so people don't need to look through 40 pages of stuff. Apparently there is a barefoot tournament(Eau Claire?) the same weekend as Minocqua Mayhem (July 27-29). Below is a list of people that have expressed an interest in attending Minocqua Mayhem. If you are on the list below, but would rather attend the barefoot tournament please speak up. This will allow us to get a feel for attendance and possibly move the dates if too many people back out. If you see anything on the list that is not correct please let me know. We also need to come up with a shirt design. I know some people had been working on it a while ago, and this topic died.

Name Number of People
47 of 100 2 possibly 4
JLF 2 possibly 4
Danimal 2 possibly 4
Barefoot 2
Chudson 1 or more?
Jclose 6
Whitedog 4
RCNJSON 2 possibly 4
Starman 205 2
Peason 2
T5 Steve 4
Etakk7 2
UMP 2?
EricB 2?
WTRSK1R 2 possibly 4
J leger ?
Laurel Lake Skier ?
ERK 1?
Suedv possibly 2
Point1234 2 possibly 3
Paul W 2 possibly 4
Ski*MC ?
Sten 76 9-Boat
Parks_Jr_55 ?
JohnnyB ?
Vogelm1 ?

Below is a list of possible lodging locations. Some are directly on the Minocqua chain of lakes with docks. Others are across the road from the lake with a town park/dock available to get people onto boats. There are also some campgrounds for those not wanting a hotel/resort. I did check into group rates and the discount was minimal at best. If you have any questions please let me know.

Lodging on Lake Minocqua Chain With Docks

The Beacons (715) 356-5515 (Will only take WEEK rentals right now)
The Pointe (715) 356-4431
Island Cove (715) 356-5026
Bay View Lodge (715) 356-9610

Across Road From Town Park/Beach/Dock
New Concord Inn (715) 356-1800
AmericINN (715) 356-3730
AquaAire Motel (715) 356-3433
*These places are a 1 block walk to downtown shops/restaurants/etc.

Off-Water Lodging
The Waters (indoor waterpark) 877-9-WATERS
Comfort Inn (715) 358-2588
Super 8 (715) 356-9541

Campground on Lake Tomahawk
Indian Shores Campground (715) 356-5552
*This place has a pool, restaurant, etc
*It is approx. 20 minute boat ride to Lake Minocqua

Off-Chain Campground
Patricia Lake Campground (715) 356-3198
*This property is about a 5 minute drive from a boat launch
*Located on a small lake that offers swimming/fishing/etc.

If you have an interest in getting a nice "visitors guide" to see what the area offers feel free to contact the Minocqua/Arbor Vitae/Woodruff Chamber of Commerce at (715) 356-5266. They will mail you a book at no charge. Their website is www.minocqua.org

No Skeez
02-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm torn with what to do! According to the schedules I've seen, that is also the weekend for WI 3-Event State... So that's 3 event state, midwest barefoot regionals, and the reunion. Just wanted to make sure that was known.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Uh-oh! there are 2 threads about this now!!!!!! I am SO confused!:o :o

chudson
02-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Is there a central gathering point for everything and where is it? Plus there was talk of a wooden boat show the same weekend, is this a local thing or a big deal where there are gonna be alot of people comin to town? Yea I know questions,questions,questions,!!

Good job on the lodging list, that'll help alot!!!

rcnjson
02-08-2007, 01:18 PM
I know awhile back I said just pick a date and that will be fine, but my boat and I are going to be out of town the 26th through the 30th, and it is no where near Minocqua unfortunatly. So I am in the regret catagory.
k

Datdude
02-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Is there a central gathering point for everything and where is it? Plus there was talk of a wooden boat show the same weekend, is this a local thing or a big deal where there are gonna be alot of people comin to town? Yea I know questions,questions,questions,!!

Good job on the lodging list, that'll help alot!!!

A central gathering point depends on where everyone decides to stay and will need to be determined. The wood boat show is pretty popular, but not HUGE by any means.

I know awhile back I said just pick a date and that will be fine, but my boat and I are going to be out of town the 26th through the 30th, and it is no where near Minocqua unfortunatly. So I am in the regret catagory.
k

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it.

peason
02-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Count me in for now! I would like to make it to the re-union, but I won't know for sure if we can attend until it get's closer. A lot of kids schedules to juggle.

duckguy
02-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Dat put me down I will be there with all the peeps

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
As I mentioned in a couple of the other threads, I am planning on skiing at the Midwest Regional tourny but then should be able to head back north Saturday night. I hope most will still be in Minocqua on Sunday and head over for the day then. With our short summer, there is usually a tournament or some sort of event going on most weekends and it will be tough avoiding a conflict.

jlf
02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
We would still be okay with this weekend as long as I can get work figured out, I should be scheduled to work that weekend and won't be able to committ for sure until the date gets closer.

I should add we'll probably only be two and not four and we'd bring our boat 2006 X-10.

WTRSK1R
02-08-2007, 07:18 PM
As long as the date holds, I am in. My wife and I will be there for sure. At this point, the kids are still ifffy. My wife would prefer to have an adult weekend away and is looking into finding a sitter. Either way, I will be there either as a party of 2 or a party of 4. We hope to get into one of the places on the water, but have not made any reservations yet. That is kind of why I inquired about the possible date change on the other thread. Things can fill up quickly in Minocqua, especially if you want to leave the boat in the lake.

Steve

barefoot
02-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Uh-oh! there are 2 threads about this now!!!!!! I am SO confused!:o :o

I've made changes to the other thread to guide people here. So in sense, this is the Official Posting Thread of the 42nd Annual Minocqua Mayhem Tour!

Word 'em up, yo!

SKI*MC
02-08-2007, 10:20 PM
count me in I'll be there for sure! I have to find the graphic and finish it up, i will get it to you guys as soon as i can.

MasterCrafting
02-08-2007, 11:42 PM
how come im not on the list anymore?

#47of100TeamMC
02-09-2007, 08:43 AM
I am in for a definite 2 people, (still maybe 4). With boat in tow as well as portable ski course if people would like and there is a place to drop it in. We'll also bring the bicycles and look for some early morning trails to ride on. I'm looking soo forward to this event! We will be staying at one of the resorts. Thanks a TON for the info Datdude! This is gonna help a lot! I'm going on the website now for more info! Thanks!

Looks like there is the Antique boat show parade... as well as "brewfest" for $20 sample over 70 microbreweries. Looks like a GREAT weekend to be in the Minocqua area! ;)

Datdude
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Count me in for now! I would like to make it to the re-union, but I won't know for sure if we can attend until it get's closer. A lot of kids schedules to juggle.

You are already on the list. If something changes let me know. Thanks

Dat put me down I will be there with all the peeps

How many people do you think you will have in your group? Will you be bringing a boat?

We would still be okay with this weekend as long as I can get work figured out, I should be scheduled to work that weekend and won't be able to committ for sure until the date gets closer.

I should add we'll probably only be two and not four and we'd bring our boat 2006 X-10.

Hopefully you can make it. It would be nice to finally meet you and Lance. I already had you down on the "boat" list as well

As long as the date holds, I am in. My wife and I will be there for sure. At this point, the kids are still ifffy. My wife would prefer to have an adult weekend away and is looking into finding a sitter. Either way, I will be there either as a party of 2 or a party of 4. We hope to get into one of the places on the water, but have not made any reservations yet. That is kind of why I inquired about the possible date change on the other thread. Things can fill up quickly in Minocqua, especially if you want to leave the boat in the lake.

Steve

Dock spots on the lake do fill up fast!

I've made changes to the other thread to guide people here. So in sense, this is the Official Posting Thread of the 42nd Annual Minocqua Mayhem Tour!

Word 'em up, yo!

Thank you for getting this going again. The stuff was buried in my desk and forgotten about (sort of).

count me in I'll be there for sure! I have to find the graphic and finish it up, i will get it to you guys as soon as i can.

I am looking forward to seeing the shirt design!

how come im not on the list anymore?

I am not sure what happened. I have made a few updated lists and you must have been lost somewhere? Sorry about that! You are on the list now. How many people in your group? Will you be bringing a boat?

I am in for a definite 2 people, (still maybe 4). With boat in tow as well as portable ski course if people would like and there is a place to drop it in. We'll also bring the bicycles and look for some early morning trails to ride on. I'm looking soo forward to this event! We will be staying at one of the resorts. Thanks a TON for the info Datdude! This is gonna help a lot! I'm going on the website now for more info! Thanks!

Looks like there is the Antique boat show parade... as well as "brewfest" for $20 sample over 70 microbreweries. Looks like a GREAT weekend to be in the Minocqua area! ;)

EVERY weekend is a great weekend to be in Minocqua:cool: . There are a few great bike trails in the area! The Bearskin Trail(gravel) leaves from downtown Minocqua, crosses the lake on an old railroad bridge and heads south for 17 miles. There is also a paved trail that is just north of town that heads to Boulder Junction. As far as the portable course goes....I am not sure where you could put that in? There may be some smaller lakes that would work better than the Minocqua chain on the weekend.

erkoehler
02-09-2007, 10:38 AM
If I bring a slalom boat, we can put the slalom course in on my private lake, I love to piss off my neighbors :)

Datdude
02-09-2007, 10:46 AM
If I bring a slalom boat, we can put the slalom course in on my private lake, I love to piss off my neighbors :)

Sounds good:cool:

#47of100TeamMC
02-09-2007, 02:43 PM

Sold! I'll have my 197 too. Unless you meant you needed your boat to be on the lake.

I'm "ALL-IN" speaking of which, anyone have poker chips they could bring along?

WTRSK1R
02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
We reserved the Bayview Inn today for Friday and Saturday night. :D They have a place for us to leave the boat in the water on Minocqua, so I am all set.
Really looking forward to this. It is always great to hang with other MC owners and Minocqua is just beautiful, so it should be a great time. :toast:

We will have our 197 with us and I am always willing to share.:banana:

Steve

vogelm1
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
DD, I'm still in yet.......

cbryan70
02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
I may also be in..still trying to get a group to come with me...i beleive if it happens i will have me and 2 others and my 1978 mastercraft

SKI*MC
02-10-2007, 12:10 PM
awesome. I'll have the 83 S&S up there! Maybe the Minacqua dealer can get in on this too. (why cant i think of their name...?)

SKI*MC
02-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Stengle Marine

parks_jr_55
02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm in with 2 possibly 3.

#47of100TeamMC
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Here is a Map of the Minocqua Area Places to stay nearby. Maybe DatDude or someone with knowledge of the lake and town, could shed some light on areas that might be more desireable to stay than others. (ie., if the area we would most likely want to ski in or hang out is closer to "F-Bayview Lodge" or closer to "J-Americ Inn") or where the campgrounds are that people would be likely to stay. Or boat launches etc. etc.

A few details about the map:
-"E" the Revere's Lounge is Directly under/next to "A"
-"I" Super 8 is Directly under/next to "B"

peason
02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Just made reservations @ the Bayview Lodge for the 26th-29th. I sure hope this date works for us, still waiting to see what all the kids schedules are for the summer! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

#47of100TeamMC
02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Looks like that makes 2 groups for the Bayview Lodge...(peason,wtrsk1r) What was the price range for rooms there?

Datdude
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
The Bayview is a nice little place! It is a smaller place (6 -8 rooms?) with docking right on the main road through town (Hwy.51). As far as good skiing/hanging out locations go....it depends on the day. The lake on the far left side of the map is called Lake Kawaguesaga. It is part of the Minocqua chain, but is usually quieter on the weekends. There is an island with a sandbar called "Beer Can Island". It is usually a good place to raft up some boats and have a good time. The bay on the far left side of the map is where we normally ski on the weekends. There is also a boys camp on this lake that installs a slalom course(that I forgot to mention). I am not sure about using the course as it belongs to the camp.....on a public body of water? I would suspect that a group of Mastercraft owners (the camp owns MC's) may be able to use it? I have seen wallys driving through the course and I am sure they don't appreciate that:rolleyes: .

As far as accomodations go on the lake....it depends whether you want to leave the boat in the water or not. The Bayview Lodge, Island Cove Resort, The Beacons and The Pointe are the only places on the lake that have docks. For those not staying at one of those places there are 4 nice boat launches between Lake Minocqua and Kawaga so launching should not be an issue. The AmericInn, Aqua Aire, and The Concord Inn are directly across the road from the town beach. There is a dock at the town beach that will allow the people that do not bring a boat to be picked up easily. The only thing that concerns me are the people that are planning on camping at Indian Shores campground on Lake Tomahawk. The reason for the concern is the drive to Lake Minocqua/Kawaga is through a channel. The water levels on the lakes have been low the last few years and there are a few spots that inboards may have problems with logs, etc. It is passable but you need to know where to go. I will TRY to find a map of the entire chain and mark certain locations (hotels, boat launches, etc.). Thanks for posting that map #47.

duckguy
02-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Dat also mention the lake that the jail is on it has super sweet water always

Datdude
02-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know of a website that allows you to mark certain locations on the map? I have tried google, mapquest, MSN, etc. and none will let me mark the map unless they do it for me with an address entered. I would like to show the lodging as well as the boat launches, and party spots. Thanks

3event
02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
try:

http://www.frappr.com/

I wish we could try to make this gathering, but I'm writing off any distance travel this summer with our now 3-month old. I am sure you all are going to have a blast!

#47of100TeamMC
02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
If you paste a map into Paintshop or a similar program you can flag areas and add text. There might be an easier way that I'm not aware of though... Maybe pasting a map in Adobe. I know you can flag there too...

peason
02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Looks like that makes 2 groups for the Bayview Lodge...(peason,wtrsk1r) What was the price range for rooms there?

Rooms range from $118 -$138 and they take daily reservations as opposed to renting for a whole week. Website is http://www.bayviewminocqua.com/

Looks like a decent clean place, and from what I know of this area -prices are very reasonable, especially to be on the water with a dock.

barefoot
02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know where the good looking ladies usally stay? Becasue that's where I want to be! :D I know it might be a contradition being that we'll be in Minocqua and all, but I thought I would give it a shot!

barefoot
02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
opps, double post...

duckguy
02-12-2007, 04:45 PM
They stay at my cabin there. They will be available for viewing on the coolest MC to attend the event and later at The Belle Isle!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Datdude- Credit to you on all the information you put together for everyone...Nice job.:cool:
Jus' Sayin'...;)

SKI*MC
02-12-2007, 08:36 PM
also sign up slalomdude. He is hopefully bringing he 07 TT.

barefoot
02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
They stay at my cabin there. They will be available for viewing on the coolest MC to attend the event and later at The Belle Isle!

i know where we're having the party Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! :D

duckguy
02-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Wish it was big enough to house that many people

Datdude
02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Datdude- Credit to you on all the information you put together for everyone...Nice job.:cool:
Jus' Sayin'...;)

Thank you for the compliment. I hope this event turns out as well as I am imagining. It will be fun to finally put some faces with the names on here

#47of100TeamMC
02-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Has anyone tried and been able to talk with someone about accomodations at the Island Cove Resort? They have an answering machine that I've gotten all week. Nobody seems to return messages that I've left. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has had better luck. I'd like to get something set-up and also see how many rooms they have left so others can book something as well.

Datdude
02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Has anyone tried and been able to talk with someone about accomodations at the Island Cove Resort? They have an answering machine that I've gotten all week. Nobody seems to return messages that I've left. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has had better luck. I'd like to get something set-up and also see how many rooms they have left so others can book something as well.

I will drive by there tonight to see if there is anyone around

#47of100TeamMC
02-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Available rooms for "The Pointe Resort"

-1bed condo's: (Kitchen, dining area, living room,private bedroom, 2 TV's, DVDplayer, deck or patio. ) Sleeps up to 4. They have 23 of these left for our weekend. Price is $179/night.

-Premium Studio: (Microwave, mini-fridge, toaster,coffee maker, 30" dinette set,whirlpool tub, lounge chairs, DVD player, deck or patio.) Sleeps 2. They have 2 of these left for our weekend. Price is $129/night.

Those are the available rooms for The Pointe Resort as of Feb15th.

Datdude
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
The Pointe is a really nice facility right across the bridge from downtown Minocqua. They have a meeting room on the 3rd floor overlooking the lake that may be fun to reserve for a night if people are interested.

As far as DOCKAGE goes....they have 10 slips remaining for that weekend. They charge $15 per day for slip rental

#47of100TeamMC
02-20-2007, 10:19 AM
After calling the Island cove resort again finally getting somebody and them having only 1 small room left. I went ahead and booked a 1bed Condo at the Pointe Resort. They have a lot of great onsite ammenities Pool, sauna, gameroom, putting green, lakeside bonfire pit and grills. I asked about the Meeting room Datdude mentioned... It would be a minimum of $50/day. and Max. $100/day. Depending on the length of time we would want to reserve it for. So I figure if we wanted to do that for one evening. we could get by with $50. Although the lakeside Fire pit sounded Pretty sweet too. However, that is on a first come- first served basis. So we'd have to plan ahead and make sure we got there in time to reserve it. Might be kinda fun to have a big Bar-B-Que and then sit by the fire and tell old skiing stories. Anyway, There are 20 rooms left for the weekend. I booked Thursday night-Sunday.

Maybe we should get a list of people that have booked and whey are staying. Or maybe it can be added to the first post on this thread. anyway, Still looking forward to the weekend and meeting all of you Crazy folks!

Chris

The Pointe is a really nice facility right across the bridge from downtown Minocqua. They have a meeting room on the 3rd floor overlooking the lake that may be fun to reserve for a night if people are interested.

As far as DOCKAGE goes....they have 10 slips remaining for that weekend. They charge $15 per day for slip rental

02-20-2007, 10:42 AM
SO whats goin on here? did you guys pick a weekend for this event?

I have a question. I have seen Minoqua in the summer time, its quite packed and congested. Will be be able to secure any decent water (calm, no wallys) there with out getting up at 4:30 am? or are we destined for a weekend flogged by tubers and jetskiers?:confused:

Datdude
02-20-2007, 10:50 AM
SO whats goin on here? did you guys pick a weekend for this event?

I have a question. I have seen Minoqua in the summer time, its quite packed and congested. Will be be able to secure any decent water (calm, no wallys) there with out getting up at 4:30 am? or are we destined for a weekend flogged by tubers and jetskiers?:confused:

We have chosen the weekend of July 27-29th. As far as congestion goes....there is usually plenty of places with good water on the Minocqua chain.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
We have chosen the weekend of July 17-29th. As far as congestion goes....there is usually plenty of places with good water on the Minocqua chain.

Now that is a looooong weekend!:D

Datdude
02-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Now that is a looooong weekend!:D

HAHAHA.....sorry about that:o

July 27-29th

MasterCrafting
02-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Um...im not sure how many people i'll have. Its a long way away right now. Most likely a bunch of us...as far as boats maybe 2 maybe 0. Too early to tell. Are we still having a figure 8 tournament?

02-21-2007, 09:37 AM
How far in advance do you have to book rooms? I am trying to decide what to do here......

duckguy
02-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I would book soon these are not huge resorts.

Datdude
02-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I would book soon these are not huge resorts.

I second that.......

02-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Point taken. I will see what I can do. any idea how many people are attending this event? anyone got a running total? We need Milk to organize this like he did on Mag Mania!8p Milk Rules!

#47of100TeamMC
02-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Point taken. I will see what I can do. any idea how many people are attending this event? anyone got a running total? We need Milk to organize this like he did on Mag Mania!8p Milk Rules!

Dude, If you'd pay attention you'd see that Datdude has things well under control here! Use your super powers to fly over and check out the first post on this thread... There's your running total of attendee's, a list of Resorts on the lake. and if you check a few posts back, the Pointe Resort has about 20rooms or so left. a week ago it was 25. so I'd get your a$$ in gear and book something if you don't wanna sleep in your boat. (that can be your "UMP option" and what happens if you don't book a room soon!)

Datdude
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
We need Milk to organize this like he did on Mag Mania!8p Milk Rules!

Let Milk do it........................that would be a huge weight off my shoulders

02-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Let Milk do it........................that would be a huge weight off my shoulders
Dont get me Wrong dude, its not like I was saying you werent doing a good job. I was just being Lazy as #47 pointed out and I didnt read the entire thread since it was started:o Sorry, my bad :o you get to kick me in the arse once for that.

I dont know if MIlk is coming.......long way from him. Be cool if he did attend.

#47of100TeamMC
02-23-2007, 11:24 AM
you get to kick me in the arse once for that.

a kick in the a$$ is hardly worth his time... now if you turn around... That just might be enough to call it "getting even".

Datdude
02-23-2007, 06:00 PM
a kick in the a$$ is hardly worth his time... now if you turn around... That just might be enough to call it "getting even".

HAHAHAHA.................................:D

I have to admit that comment stung a little......not a lot.....but a little. I am guessing there was no harm intended:rolleyes:. I am over it now though;)

02-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Ooof! this thread is going bad fast, like some potato salad that was left out in the sun too long! :o I offered to accept a KICK because I deserved it, but that was ALL!:rolleyes:

Sorry man, I didnt mean to offend with the comment. I wasnt thinking.....that happens often, as most of yoos guys know. :o

Lets roll on..........like deodorant.....

#47of100TeamMC
02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree...

Anyone else make reservations lately?

sten76
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Me and my filled boat are in for the weekend. We should have aywhere from 6 to 9 people in the boat. We will be staying at our cabin over in St Germain. Keep me up to date on the developments as I do not always check the board on a regular basis.

I am up for whatever activities are scheduled.

sten76
02-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Me and my filled boat are in for the weekend. We should have aywhere from 6 to 9 people in the boat. We will be staying at our cabin over in St Germain. Keep me up to date on the developments as I do not always check the board on a regular basis.

Datdude
02-28-2007, 03:45 PM

ERK and I discussed activities for the weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions?

chudson
02-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Meet at one of the local watering holes for drinks after daily activities!!!

duckguy
02-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Whale and Belle after Midnight- Weasles in Eagle

Datdude
02-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Meet at one of the local watering holes for drinks after daily activities!!!

That is a given!

Hey Duckguy....don't forget the Yacht Club

Andyg
02-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Whale and Belle after Midnight- Weasles in Eagle

AH Weasles! Nothing beats Weasels during deer season.

duckguy
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Its Blanky Time!

Andyg
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Its Blanky Time!

Don't forget to stop and get a polaroid with your favorite and your boat in the parking lot.

chudson
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Just talked to Kelly at The Bayview Lodge and it sounds like there's maybe one room left there. But I got my reservations for the weekend, 2 of us for sure maybe 3!!! I took a count on DD's first post and it looks like approx. 70 total so far does that look about right?

SKI*MC
02-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Anyone have a portable slalom course? This would be a lot of fun to have!

Datdude
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Anyone have a portable slalom course? This would be a lot of fun to have!

47of100 has one I think, but there is a boys camp on the chain that has a course in all Summer. As we get closer to the event I will be in contact with them to find out about using the course.

ERK has access to a small lake, and may be able to put 47's course in there, but it might upset the neighbors and it is also a 30 minute drive from Minocqua.

duckguy
03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I think at the start we should all meet down at the public beach area for a cook-out, meet each other and have a little boat show. Maybe some of the dealers could even pony some prizes and there could be official judging.

cbryan70
03-01-2007, 01:28 PM
im still debating on going hopfully i will have a new job by then so it may be rough. Hopefully ill make it out for a day tho

#47of100TeamMC
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
47of100 has one I think, but there is a boys camp on the chain that has a course in all Summer. As we get closer to the event I will be in contact with them to find out about using the course.

ERK has access to a small lake, and may be able to put 47's course in there, but it might upset the neighbors and it is also a 30 minute drive from Minocqua.

Yes Sir, Let me know if I should bring my portable. I'm happy to if we need it. If we can use the Boys camp's course then great! if not, and there is a spot worth putting it in... I'll be sure to bring it along!

Datdude
03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes Sir, Let me know if I should bring my portable. I'm happy to if we need it. If we can use the Boys camp's course then great! if not, and there is a spot worth putting it in... I'll be sure to bring it along!

How long does it take to set up the course? How do you anchor it? I am not familiar with portable courses. I am really hoping to work something out with the camp to use their course and save the trouble. I will keep you posted:cool:

#47of100TeamMC
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
How long does it take to set up the course? How do you anchor it? I am not familiar with portable courses. I am really hoping to work something out with the camp to use their course and save the trouble. I will keep you posted:cool:

My wife and my brother (both of which will be with) and I can set it up in about 20-25min. Take down is about 20min. It anchors with a tri-fluted anchor at each end. Water depth should be anywhere from 6-35 ft deep or so.

It's not a big deal to setup. Especially if we have a day on the lake and can use it a bunch. If there is a ton of boat traffic and lots of rollers then it's usually not even worth setting up because nobody will want to ski it through the chop anyway.

Unless we can get on Erk's lake. then it won't matter it sounds like, But we usually set it up early in the am, ski until our arms fall off, then yank it out about noonish when all the wally's come out to tube and such. then we drink the rest of the day! ;)

erkoehler
03-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Guys, the probability of getting on my lake is getting slimmer and slimmer! Our resort is FULLY BOOKED already for that weekend, so unless we have some cancelations there won't be any room/dock space.

Now, I have the event on the event calendar at CMC, so I will be in attendance.

Someone should make an event flyer......any volunteers????

Datdude
03-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I am going to do my best with the Camp Kawaga and see if we can use their course. Has anyone else made reservations?

edwinfuqua
03-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I think at the start we should all meet down at the public beach area for a cook-out, meet each other and have a little boat show. Maybe some of the dealers could even pony some prizes and there could be official judging.
Nice new boat, but what qualifies you for a judging?
Edwin
:cool:

duckguy
03-26-2007, 11:43 PM
What do you mean what qualifies me for judging

erkoehler
03-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Matt, are you still looking for an older S&S? You going to bring the new x-2 up to Minocqua?

duckguy
03-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I dunno I have always wanted one-Yeah I will be there. I have a cabin right near the beacons so we are there most weekends anyways.

#47of100TeamMC
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM

I mentioned this before, But I'll re-state it in light of the interest in a cook-out. I've booked a room at the Pointe Resort. They have a cooking area/fire pit down by the lake. We could hang out there if people want to, Or if there is a better spot in a public park that locals think would be better, that is cool too. DatDude has been great with checking on things, maybe he'd have a recommendation too.

Duckguy, do you live in the Minocqua area too?

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

#47of100TeamMC
03-27-2007, 09:43 AM
I am going to do my best with the Camp Kawaga and see if we can use their course. Has anyone else made reservations?

Keep us Posted Buddy!

I know 2 others that have made reservations...
T5steve and EricB will be in attendance.

duckguy
03-27-2007, 09:46 AM
I have a house there and spend weekends there most of the time.

#47of100TeamMC
03-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I have a house there and spend weekends there most of the time.

So you would know too then. Is there a good meeting spot in town that is a park or so like you mentioned that we could grill up some burgers for dinner?

duckguy
03-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes it is right downtown-dockspace, tables,shelter,beach, large parking lot, grilles etc.

duckguy
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
It is also next to arguably the best place to eat out up there-Minocqua Brewing Co.

chudson
03-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes it is right downtown-dockspace, tables,shelter,beach, large parking lot, grilles etc.

Can it be reserved?

#47of100TeamMC
03-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Can it be reserved?

Assuming most people are arriving friday evening. If we plan to meet there at the park for some grillin' and beers... Maybe we could make a reservation at the Brewing Company for dinner Saturday night once we know how many people we're going to have!

duckguy
03-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I dont know if it can. It should be fine though.

barefoot
03-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I mentioned this before, But I'll re-state it in light of the interest in a cook-out. I've booked a room at the Pointe Resort. They have a cooking area/fire pit down by the lake.

I'm all for grilling. I'll be a long drive up and there's no better way to meet people then over a few beers and grilling. My thought is if we get a general plan, every one can fill in their own details.

jlf
03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
I just received my monthly e-mail news letter from Redline watersports and in their summer calendar of events they list an unofficial MasterCraft gathering in Minoqua. Does this mean they plan on doing some "unofficial sponsor ship" to the event? Nice to see they are watching.

#47of100TeamMC
03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
I just received my monthly e-mail news letter from Redline watersports and in their summer calendar of events they list an unofficial MasterCraft gathering in Minoqua. Does this mean they plan on doing some "unofficial sponsor ship" to the event? Nice to see they are watching.

Cool we made the News!

Where is Redline Watersports?

barefoot
03-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Cool we made the News!

Where is Redline Watersports?

Madison, baby, Madison!

#47of100TeamMC
03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Madison, baby, Madison!

Oh, yeah, I remember seeing the sign this past fall when we went down for a badger game. I knew it sounded familiar.

erkoehler
03-28-2007, 10:11 AM
It is also listed on the Chicago MasterCraft web page on our events calendar. :)

Datdude
03-28-2007, 01:39 PM
The Pointe is a nice place and would probably work well for a cookout. The only problem I see is the parking situation with boat trailers?

Torpy Park is downtown right on Lake Minocqua. It would also be a nice place to get together. I will have to check with the town to see about reserving it. It is a large enough place that it probably won't be an issue to find space for everyone.

What time will people be arriving in town?

barefoot
03-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Um...I'll come up Thursday if I know there will be boats in the water on Friday! Or I'll come up Friday evening...it doesn't matter to me. In other words, I'm flexible.

#47of100TeamMC
03-28-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm coming up Early Friday, We'll be there by noon at the latest. I also must confess, I switched my reservation to the Concord Inn. I no longer have a room at the Pointe. saved $45/day. So maybe Torpy Park for some Grillin' unless someone else stays at the Pointe. I think T5steve and his family will be caravaning with us. so that makes 8 people by noon on friday.

erkoehler
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I am heading up on Thursday, with a boat in tow.

chudson
03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Friday afternoon, 2 of us for sure!!!!

duckguy
03-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Friday Noon

erkoehler
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Just got the go ahead from the boss, Chicago MasterCraft will be in attendance!!!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
I plan on heading over on Sunday after the midwest regional barefoot tournament. Will anyone still be around by then?

WTRSK1R
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
My wife and I will be up on Friday afternoon sometime, but I am not sure exactly when. We will definately have the boat in when we get there since I plan on leaving it in the lake all weekend. As far as Sunday goes, it will depend on what time checkout is, and what else people are planning to do. If it sounds like there will still be people hanging out, we will probably stay at least part of the day on Sunday. My guess is that we will probably be on the road by noon or 1:00 PM though.

Steve

Datdude
03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
It sounds like most will be here for a gathering on Friday night then. This will be a good time to meet everyone and set up the weekends events(or lack there of).

#47of100TeamMC
03-29-2007, 01:30 PM
You still gotta work the weekend? or are you going to be around to lead our quest for smooth water and cold beer?

It sounds like most will be here for a gathering on Friday night then. This will be a good time to meet everyone and set up the weekends events(or lack there of).

suedv
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
OK, I have some questions. At this point Rick and I are planning to come and our son will come if he can get the time off of work. Our first choice would be to bring our 5th wheel and camp. That's probably farther than we would want to go pulling a double tow. If we bring $$ for gas will there be room in other people's boats to hang out???????

I promise I'll take some nice pictures for you if I ride in your observer seat. ;)

We aren't at all familiar with the area. Where should we camp so we are close to where everyone else is? I'm guessing we should get some reservations soon.

If there isn't room in other boats we could stay in a hotel and bring our boat. Again I don't know the area... what hotels should I be looking at. Should I be looking at something on highway 51?

suedv
03-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry, I just looked at the first post and saw some campgrounds listed. If we don't have our boat with us are they still the best choices? Is one better than the other?

#47of100TeamMC
03-30-2007, 09:33 AM
SuedV, The Pointe is really nice little on the spendy side. But very nice and has a lot of ammenitites. There are 2 groups staying at the Bayview lodge (althought they only have about 10rooms total, pretty small place and might be booked by now). There are 3 groups staying at the Concord Inn so-far. (me included). Concord Inn is right down town a few blocks from the park that we are going to meet at and grille out friday night. They claim plenty of parking for trucks and boat trailers/boats. I would try and get a room at one of those 3 resorts. As far as campgrounds go... Maybe have to ask Datdude to chime in on that one...

duckguy
03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Waters of Minocqua is very nice and close as well. They have 204 rooms

erkoehler
03-30-2007, 10:24 AM
The Concord has TONS of trailer parking, won't be an issue. It is right across the highway from Torpy Park where you guys want to meet Friday Night, and 2 blocks from town.

Datdude
03-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Sorry, I just looked at the first post and saw some campgrounds listed. If we don't have our boat with us are they still the best choices? Is one better than the other?

Patricia Lake Campground seems to be a nice place. I have never been in the gate, but I drive by it twice a day.....it is 2 doors down from my house. The location is convenient as well.

I am sure we can find you some space in a boat:cool:

The way it looks right now I will have to work for a while on Saturday, but There are a few people that will be in attendance that know their way around the lakes and will be able to find you some good water. I hope to be on the lake by 2pm that day:confused:

peason
03-30-2007, 10:54 AM
We should be in on Friday night as well hopefully. These dates fall right in the heart of the Minnesota district soccer playoff's so we have to wait and see if we can make it. If we can - we will have 2 adults and 3-4 kids with in our party. We are booked at the Bayview Lodge.

#47of100TeamMC
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I've also found a few things lately that clash with the weekend. For instance the Ralph Samuelson MN State Slalom Championships at Island Lake in Shoreview MN July 28-29. I've never skied in a tournament before. But I hope to change that this year. I figure there will be plenty of others I can attend... And get embarrased at :D .

#47of100TeamMC
04-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Bump,... burried 15pages back in the General Discussion... gotta get it rollin' again.

jclose8
04-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Just talked to one of my buddies last night. He's still all fired up for this trip. I know I already checked in on this thread, but it was months ago! For an update, we are in for 6 or 8 people, and 3 boats.

erkoehler
04-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Ski mc, do you have that drawing? I am going to have to make t-shirts for the event.

JohnnyB
04-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Keep us all apprised as to the "schedule of events".....i.e. where you'll be at various times during the weekend. I don't think I can make the entire weekend but hope to maybe get an afternoon or evening where I can catch up to this group and meet many of you, or at least pick up my T-Shirts :cool:

WTRSK1R
04-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Erk,
Not sure if this is his latest version, but I had pulled this off the earlier post awhile back.

Steve

#47of100TeamMC
04-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Erk,
Not sure if this is his latest version, but I had pulled this off the earlier post awhile back.

Steve

That is sweet!

Johnny B... Pm me, and I'll give you my cell phone Number... You can call and find out where we are if you'd like.

sten76
04-26-2007, 02:50 PM
We are still in with one full boat and 6-8 people.

MasterCrafting
04-26-2007, 08:33 PM
I hardly read this forum anymore...its way too crowded and i've read all these questions 100 times. So I havent kept up on what's going on with this too much. Someone want to fill me in?

WTRSK1R
05-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Bump. Buried too far back again.

Datdude
05-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Has anyone else made reservations yet?

jlf
05-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Haven't made any definite plans yet, it's still on the calendar as a tentative event. Is there going to be some central meeting place where we'll be able to come back to and take breaks if we choose or cook up some luch without having to go too far from the water and boats? I know many are staying the Beacon ( I think it was) will we all be able to hang there even if we are staying somewhere else? Guess I'm just trying to get a feel for if we'll all be able to really hang together or is this going to sort of end up more of a we each do our own thing event?

Datdude
05-08-2007, 05:47 PM
As far as central gathering points there are a few places taht may work. There is Torpy park downtown Minocqua, Beer Can Island on Lake Kawaga, The Yacht Club, Bosacki's, and Thirsty Whale (all bars/restaurants on Lake Minocqua), and Lakeside Landing on Lake Tomahawk(not likely). I would guess that we can also use on of the resorts to hang out if some people are staying at them. Docking may be an issue at the resorts as the slips may be used by other guests?

sten76
05-14-2007, 11:01 AM
You mentioned Beer Can Island.

Have you ever beached your boat there? Is it safe? We have passed it a million times but we have never stopped. I am afraid of the sand/rocks and what it might do to the bottom of the boat. There are other sandbars on other lakes that I know very well and have no problem beaching there.

Let me know, because that would be a great area to meet.

#47of100TeamMC
05-15-2007, 12:08 PM
A few Dozen posts back. (maybe more) there was talk about Torpy park as a meeting spot as Datdude said. Sounds like there is plenty of parking. Both in the lot and on the water. places to grill food. Plus across the street there are bars/restaurants etc. as far as meeting the first day which sounds like friday afternoon/eve for most that would be a good spot. Maybe Saturday we would be more inclined to beach at an island and goof around there. Anyone bringing a portable grill for use on the Island(s)?

duckguy
05-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I am pretty sure they have grilles at Trophy

erkoehler
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I am pretty sure they have grilles at Trophy

I would agree with that statement....

#47of100TeamMC
05-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Datdude,

Any word yet if we are able to utilize the Camp Kawaga Slalom course?

sten76
05-15-2007, 04:46 PM
We decided to stay at The Pointe instead of worrying about taking the boat out of the water. We will have a slip at the Pointe for "The Floozie", yellow 209.

Datdude
05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Datdude,

Any word yet if we are able to utilize the Camp Kawaga Slalom course?

Sorry, but there is no word yet. I have been totally swamped at work. I will do my best to get some info soon.

As far as Torpy Park goes...there are grills there. They do have one dock at the park, but it has railing all the way around it. I have tied up for a short time to drop off and pick people up there. It is all sand there so lightly beaching may be possible as well.

#47of100TeamMC
05-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Sorry, but there is no word yet. I have been totally swamped at work. I will do my best to get some info soon.

As far as Torpy Park goes...there are grills there. They do have one dock at the park, but it has railing all the way around it. I have tied up for a short time to drop off and pick people up there. It is all sand there so lightly beaching may be possible as well.

No worries Man, Just wondering if you'd heard anything. It's 2+ months away don't sweat it, when ever you have time if fine. Thanks for all your help with the local information!

Datdude
05-16-2007, 01:54 PM
No worries Man, Just wondering if you'd heard anything. It's 2+ months away don't sweat it, when ever you have time if fine. Thanks for all your help with the local information!

I feel that I have really neglected this, but being tied up all day and not getting home until 9pm or so makes it difficult to get everything done. I will keep everyone posted on the camp's slalom course as soon as I have some info.

MasterCrafting
05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
hey...erk or ski*mc....one of you guys want to call me like a daybefore this thing goes down? I dont check tmc enough anymore to keep up on it...digging thought this 15 page thread is not gonna happen. Anyone know if we're still having a barefoot tournamnet for ****s and giggles?

T5_Steve
05-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Here are some events that are going on in Minocqua and surrounding areas the weekend of the M/C Minocqua Mayhem...

Saturday 7/28/2007 thru Sunday 7/29/2007-
16th Annual Minocqua Antique & Classic Wooden Boat Show
Information: Wooden boat parade, wooden boat show, live music, & concessions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brewfest
Information:
The Lac Du Flambeau Lions Club will be hosting Brewfest on Saturday, July 28th, 2007 at Torpy Park. Ticket cost is $20 and includes sampling over 70 micro brews, live music, raffles, refreshments, & a commemorative pilsner. For more information call (715) 588-9245 or (715) 588-3413.

7/28/20077/28/2007 Skiing Skeeters Water Ski Show - Manitowish Waters
- Held at Rest Lake Park at 7pm. Bring a blanket or lawnchair for your comfort. Call Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce (715) 543-8488.

7/28/20077/28/2007 TNT Speedway - Three Lakes
- Held at TNT Speedway starting with hot laps at 7:00pm and racing at 7:45pm. Call Patti Rutzen (715) 546-2539.

7/29/20077/29/2007 Chain Skimmers Junior Club Show - Conover
- Held at Lake Pleasant starting at 11am. Call Chain Skimmers Water Ski Club (715) 547-6156.

7/29/20077/29/2007 Chain Skimmers Water Ski Show - Conover
- Held on Lake Pleasant at 2pm and 7pm. Call Chain Skimmers Water Ski Club (715) 547-6156

Looks like there's lots going on that weekend... should be a GREAT time if the weather cooperates!:)

WTRSK1R
05-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Brewfest
Information:
The Lac Du Flambeau Lions Club will be hosting Brewfest on Saturday, July 28th, 2007 at Torpy Park. Ticket cost is $20 and includes sampling over 70 micro brews, live music, raffles, refreshments, & a commemorative pilsner. For more information call (715) 588-9245 or (715) 588-3413.

Looks like the gathering may never leave the park! :D

I am sooooo looking forward to this. I hope the weather cooperates.

#47of100TeamMC
05-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Great Report Steve!

Sounds like Grilling at Torpy park is out for saturday night...

Datdude
05-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Great Report Steve!

Sounds like Grilling at Torpy park is out for saturday night...

I am a really bad event organizer.....I had no knowledge of that event. Might be kinda fun, but it might screw stuff up too? Damn the bad (or good, depending on how you look at it) luck.:o

On a side note the Min-Aqua-Bats ski on Friday nights so that may be a good place to meet and raft off boats?

erkoehler
05-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I am a really bad event organizer.....I had no knowledge of that event. Might be kinda fun, but it might screw stuff up too? Damn the bad (or good, depending on how you look at it) luck.:o

On a side note the Min-Aqua-Bats ski on Friday nights so that may be a good place to meet and raft off boats?

That is where I will be.........

#47of100TeamMC
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM
That is where I will be.........

Count me in too!

betsy&david Harrison
05-17-2007, 03:58 PM
you guys in the midwest and east coast have all the fun! Whaaaa

Datdude
05-18-2007, 11:08 AM
you guys in the midwest and east coast have all the fun! Whaaaa

We have airports in Wisconsin.....you fly in and we will pick you up:cool:

betsy&david Harrison
05-18-2007, 11:28 AM
We have airports in Wisconsin.....you fly in and we will pick you up:cool:
Money is an issue at the present time. Italy was a bit expensive but worth it.

chudson
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
I really hate doing this but my family and I are not going to be able to come to the 42nd Annual Minocqua Mayhem-Upper Midwest MC Gathering , my daughter is leaving that weekend to go "study abroad" and that will be the last I'll see her till Christmas and I 'm not missing seeing her off. Now I have not cancelled my room yet and I thought I would check with everyone first to see if anyone needed a room because I do not know how tight it is to get a room yet. The room is at Bayview and you get a slip to keep a boat on the water by staying there! I was really looking forward to this and I hate like hell missing it but my lil girl comes first. If anyone needs a room "PM" me and we can get the room to your name hopefully, I'll hold the room for another week so just let me know........Thanks Cec

sten76
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
How much per night? Which nights? How many people does the room fit?

chudson
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
How much per night? Which nights? How many people does the room fit?

$112.00 / night. July 27, 28. And I think that was 2 double beds. I talked to Kelly and she is the best, very nice!!! And you should get a boat slip with that.
Phone: 1-715-356-9610
Toll Free for Reservations: 1-877-215-8051
http://www.bayviewminocqua.com/

sten76
05-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks. I gave Kelly a call and she had a room with 2 queen beds, so I took that one. With a couple of guys, I feel it's better with a queen bed rather than a double bed. Just my preference.

The rate was $118/night with a slip at Bayview. Just as an FYI, the Pointe is running $179/night for a one bedroom suite....

SKI*MC
05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
hey guys, sorry i have't been around in a long time, i didnt forget about you, just busy and whatnot. I forgot when this thing is going down. Also, are you using the graphic that i came up with?

chudson
05-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks. I gave Kelly a call and she had a room with 2 queen beds, so I took that one. With a couple of guys, I feel it's better with a queen bed rather than a double bed. Just my preference.

The rate was $118/night with a slip at Bayview. Just as an FYI, the Pointe is running $179/night for a one bedroom suite....

Great I'm glad you got a room!!!

WTRSK1R
06-02-2007, 09:57 AM
OK, I have some questions. At this point Rick and I are planning to come and our son will come if he can get the time off of work. Our first choice would be to bring our 5th wheel and camp. That's probably farther than we would want to go pulling a double tow. If we bring $$ for gas will there be room in other people's boats to hang out???????

I promise I'll take some nice pictures for you if I ride in your observer seat. ;)

We aren't at all familiar with the area. Where should we camp so we are close to where everyone else is? I'm guessing we should get some reservations soon.

If there isn't room in other boats we could stay in a hotel and bring our boat. Again I don't know the area... what hotels should I be looking at. Should I be looking at something on highway 51?

Sue,
Did you ever get any reply to this? If not, I am sure that there will be room in numerous boats. I will be more then happy to share space in mine if needed. My wife is from Michigan (near Traverse City)and she would feel right at home shooting the breeze with you.

Just let me know and we can make a connection after arrival.

Steve

#47of100TeamMC
06-05-2007, 11:43 AM
8 Weeks and 3 days....

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

Datdude
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
8 Weeks and 3 days....

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

It will be here before you know it. Looks like I got some work to do

#47of100TeamMC
06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
It will be here before you know it. Looks like I got some wok to do

Ah you got plenty of time! Like I always say... Don't do today what you can put-off until tomorow... or something like that.

Looking forward to meeting Everybody in attendance!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
We have airports in Wisconsin.....
When did they put that in? And why...:rolleyes: 8p

Datdude
06-06-2007, 11:56 AM
When did they put that in? And why...:rolleyes: 8p

I think it has been about a year now? Apparently "Air Travel" is the wave of the future? :uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
06-06-2007, 03:06 PM
I think it has been about a year now? Apparently "Air Travel" is the wave of the future? :uglyhamme

You Northwoods folks....Welcome to the new millenium......8p

WTRSK1R
06-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Bump. It is just over a month away. My wife has asked me if I have "a driver and a spotter" lined up for early morning on Sat and Sun. We will be at the Bayview Inn, and my preference is too ski around 6:00 AM before the rest of the lake wakes up. Anyone interested? I will have my 197 with us, and am more then willing to share if others are early risers. You can PM me, or just post back to the thread to keep it alive.

DatDude, any current estimates on total attendence? I am leaving the kids at home, so it will be just my wife and I.

Steve

Datdude
06-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Bump. It is just over a month away. My wife has asked me if I have "a driver and a spotter" lined up for early morning on Sat and Sun. We will be at the Bayview Inn, and my preference is too ski around 6:00 AM before the rest of the lake wakes up. Anyone interested? I will have my 197 with us, and am more then willing to share if others are early risers. You can PM me, or just post back to the thread to keep it alive.

DatDude, any current estimates on total attendence? I am leaving the kids at home, so it will be just my wife and I.

Steve

No firm numbers yet. It might just be you, your wife, and me? JUst kidding. I would hope we start to get some more people that were on the fence to commit.

This is what I have so far. If I have something on the list that is not correct please let me know....this info might be a little old? Thanks

Name-number of people-boat

47 of 100-4-boat
JLF-2-boat
Danimal-2 or 4
Barefoot-2
Jclose-6
whitedog-4-Boat
Starman205-2-Boat
Peason-2-Boat
T5Steve-4-Boat?
Etakk7-2-Boat
WTRSK1R-2-Boat
ERK-?-Big Azz Boat?
Suedv-2?
Point1234-2 or 3-Boat?
PaulW-2 or 4-Boat
Ski*MC-?-Boat
Sten76-9-Boat-St. Germain
Parks_jr_55-?-LDF
JohnnyB-?-Lake Tomahawk
Vogelm1-?-Minocqua
Duckguy-3-Boat
Mastercrafting-?
Cbryan70-?
Slalomdude-?

#47of100TeamMC
06-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Steve

I'm with ya Steve, I might have to quit the drinkin' early if I'm going to be up by 6 to ski. But should be too hard with dreams of glasy water. You can for sure count me in! We're staying at the Concord Inn.

Datdude, There will be 4 of us in my 197.

She's coming up quick folks!

erkoehler
06-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm with ya Steve, I might have to quit the drinkin' early if I'm going to be up by 6 to ski. But should be too hard with dreams of glasy water, I'll for sure be counted as in!

Datdude, There will be 4 of us in my 197.

She's coming up quick folks!

I'll follow you guys around with my wakeboard boat :)

Datdude
06-18-2007, 04:49 PM

What will be the boat of choice? X-80? X-45? CSX?

Datdude
06-18-2007, 04:52 PM
You Northwoods folks....Welcome to the new millenium......8p

I have a friend who just had a toilet installed INSIDE his house! Can you believe it? He is the type to always have the "latest and greatest". I really don't think indoor plumbing is going to catch on though:rolleyes:

06-18-2007, 08:19 PM
I have a friend who just had a toilet installed INSIDE his house! Can you believe it? He is the type to always have the "latest and greatest". I really don't think indoor plumbing is going to catch on though:rolleyes:
an indoor Thundermug hey?? WOW! there is a concept! ;) Hey, plumbing was all the rage in History of the world part 1. "PLUMBING, PLUMBING!!! PUMP THE **** RIGHT OUTTA YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!"

SO the weekends getting closer. Still up in the air for me. We will see what shakes out. If I do attend, Ms. UMP and I will probably hop on Cap'n Erkle's cruise ship. That way Isaac can mix me some drinks! 8p

WTRSK1R
06-18-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks Erk !:confused:

#47of100TeamMC
06-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks Erk !:confused:

Yeah thanks... I think... :huh: :noface:

...I guess it's better to follow then to zig-zag infront of us...

jclose8
06-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Alright....

After half the day surfing around the internet, this has become too difficult..:mad:

Can a local please tell me who will rent me a cottage or condo for 2 nights? (27th and 28th) Everything is week long rentals only.

On the chain would of course be ideal, but it may not be possible at this point. I may be headed to the campground.

#47of100TeamMC
06-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Alright....

After half the day surfing around the internet, this has become too difficult..:mad:

Can a local please tell me who will rent me a cottage or condo for 2 nights? (27th and 28th) Everything is week long rentals only.

On the chain would of course be ideal, but it may not be possible at this point. I may be headed to the campground.

have you tried the Bayview Lodge? 1-877-215-8051
or the Island Cove Resort 715-356-5026
the Concord Inn 800-356-8888

??

I'm assuming you've called the Beacons and the Pointe resort and got the week only answers... (I did too)

Datdude
06-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Alright....

You can try Northwoods Property Management at (715)356-3178....they specialize in private home rentals. Ask for Sue Morris, she owns the place. Good luck

jclose8
06-22-2007, 10:16 PM
OK... done deal. We're in at the Island Cove Resort. Thanks for the help.

Anyone else staying there?

Datdude
06-22-2007, 11:13 PM
OK... done deal. We're in at the Island Cove Resort. Thanks for the help.

Anyone else staying there?

Sweet! How many people in your group

jclose8
06-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Well... Staying in that particular room, it will just be my wife and I. My buddy Jake and his wife are planning on coming down, but they will probably get a hotel or something. (they aren't bringing a boat)
Another couple will probably just come down for the day on Saturday, and bring their X-1.
So I guess 6 total.

WTRSK1R
06-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Seems like someone else posted that they were staying there, but I do not remember who. We are at the Bayview Inn, and if memory is correct, we will be just up the road (or water) from you.

Steve

jclose8
06-23-2007, 08:55 AM
an indoor Thundermug hey?? WOW! there is a concept! ;) Hey, plumbing was all the rage in History of the world part 1. "PLUMBING, PLUMBING!!! PUMP THE **** RIGHT OUTTA YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!"

SO the weekends getting closer. Still up in the air for me. We will see what shakes out. If I do attend, Ms. UMP and I will probably hop on Cap'n Erkle's cruise ship. That way Isaac can mix me some drinks! 8p

UMP... You gotta come, man! U.P. Represent!!

jclose8
06-25-2007, 02:44 PM
We need to have an easy way to identify each other as forum members if we see each other on the lake or in town....

I suggest we all wear one of THESE. (http://www.bbhats.com/flgareproswf.html)

I'm ordering mine today.

chudson
06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Just a thought but if any of you have Nextel 2-way you could swap #'s through PM's and have a 2-way info network!!! :twocents:

jclose8
06-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Nextel's may not work there. They don't work in the U.P.

chudson
06-25-2007, 03:46 PM
OK that never crossed my mind, Thanks!

Datdude
06-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Just a thought but if any of you have Nextel 2-way you could swap #'s through PM's and have a 2-way info network!!! :twocents:

That is a great idea, but reception up here is not the best. Smoke signals are still the preferred method of communication:rolleyes:

jclose8
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
We have two way radios that we use for skiing out west. They have like 12 or 15 channels, and each channel has a bunch of sub channels. If anyone has those, we could agree on a channel. Ours have a 2 mile range, but some newer ones are 5 miles or more....

Like these:

http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230402966.jpg

chudson
06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
There ya go, that's the ticket!!! We used them during harvest last year and as long as you don't get over 1.5 - 2 miles apart you'll do great!!!

PaulW
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
No firm numbers yet. It might just be you, your wife, and me? JUst kidding. I would hope we start to get some more people that were on the fence to commit.

This is what I have so far. If I have something on the list that is not correct please let me know....this info might be a little old? Thanks

47 of 100-4-boat
JLF-2-boat
Danimal-2 or 4
Barefoot-2
Jclose-6
whitedog-4-Boat
Starman205-2-Boat
Peason-2-Boat
T5Steve-4-Boat?
Etakk7-2-Boat
WTRSK1R-2-Boat
ERK-?-Big Azz Boat?
Suedv-2?
Point1234-2 or 3-Boat?
PaulW-2 or 4-Boat
Ski*MC-?-Boat
Parks_jr_55-?-LDF
JohnnyB-?-Lake Tomahawk
Vogelm1-?-Minocqua
Duckguy-3-Boat
Mastercrafting-?
Cbryan70-?
Slalomdude-?

I'm not sure if I can come yet, sorry what are the dates again. If I come should I bring a boat Xstar
Paul W

#47of100TeamMC
06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
We have two way radios that we use for skiing out west. They have like 12 or 15 channels, and each channel has a bunch of sub channels. If anyone has those, we could agree on a channel. Ours have a 2 mile range, but some newer ones are 5 miles or more....

Like these:

As stated, Great Idea! I think I've got a pair of those somewhere, I'll have to hunt them down and throw them in the boat. Who's got a favorite channel # ? "Did I hear a 9'er in there? were ya callin' from a walkie talkie?"

barefoot
06-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Im definitely in for two. My buddy Matt and I will be shooting up on Friday night after work. Ill be about a 5 hourish drive for us so I could see myself having several beers in a row when I arrive. Well be boatless so Im hoping that there will be room in someones boat to accommodate us.

Also, WTRSK1R, were your people for early morning ski runs! Check your PM box.

Datdude
06-28-2007, 04:53 PM
How did this thread get moved to the "Mastercraft in your area" section?

WTRSK1R
06-28-2007, 09:20 PM
What a great idea. We have a set around also. I will add them to the list of things to bring. If needed, we can pick a channel once we bump into each other up there. I expect to be there mid afternoon on Friday, and will probably be at the Minocquabats Friday night. That would make a good meeting point for anyone arriving later in the evening.

Barefoot,

My cell number is in your PM box. I am sure there will be room in our boat, and probably others too.

Steve

Datdude
06-29-2007, 10:40 AM
The ski show would be a great meeting point on Friday night. THose without boats could go to Bosacki's or the Thirsty Whale (on either side of the ski show) to get picked up.

#47of100TeamMC
06-29-2007, 11:06 AM
The ski show would be a great meeting point on Friday night. THose without boats could go to Bosacki's or the Thirsty Whale (on either side of the ski show) to get picked up.

Do the Bats Perform just off shore from the Thristy Whale?

Chicago190
06-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Do the Bats Perform just off shore from the Thristy Whale?

Yeah they perform right in between Bosackis (South end) and the Thirsty Whale (north end)

Datdude
07-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I drove across the bridge around 8 pm on Sunday night and was amazed at the number of boats watching the ski show(100 boats?). The fireworks for Minocqua were after the show, so the rest of the lake was jammed as well.

Getting closer!

JohnnyB
07-06-2007, 11:04 AM

47 of 100-4-boat
JLF-2-boat
Danimal-2 or 4
Barefoot-2
Jclose-6
whitedog-4-Boat
Starman205-2-Boat
Peason-2-Boat
T5Steve-4-Boat?
Etakk7-2-Boat
WTRSK1R-2-Boat
ERK-?-Big Azz Boat?
Suedv-2?
Point1234-2 or 3-Boat?
PaulW-2 or 4-Boat
Ski*MC-?-Boat
Parks_jr_55-?-LDF
JohnnyB-?-Lake Tomahawk
Vogelm1-?-Minocqua
Duckguy-3-Boat
Mastercrafting-?
Cbryan70-?
Slalomdude-?

Regretfully, I'm not gonna make it......I'll be up there the weekend before and the week after, but couldn't swing this weekend, too. :mad: I'll still pay for my t-shirts if someone is printing them.....I'll have to find a way to get them.

If I can escape from my other obligation, I'll come lookin' for the MCs.

#47of100TeamMC
07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Regretfully, I'm not gonna make it......I'll be up there the weekend before and the week after, but couldn't swing this weekend, too. :mad: I'll still pay for my t-shirts if someone is printing them.....I'll have to find a way to get them.

If I can escape from my other obligation, I'll come lookin' for the MCs.

duh..duh..duh....another one bites the dust.

Datdude
07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
duh..duh..duh....another one bites the dust.

Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.

As far as the T-shirts go....that was forgotten about. Unless we get the design done real soon it may be too late. There is always next year:o

parks_jr_55
07-08-2007, 06:40 PM
so Datdude, did you get that new CD player put in.... im hoping you did so we will have some tunes for they mayhem.

Datdude
07-08-2007, 07:08 PM
so Datdude, did you get that new CD player put in.... im hoping you did so we will have some tunes for they mayhem.

It should not be a problem to have it in by then. I spent too much time hanging out on the boat this weekend to do any work:cool: . What a great weekend.....hopefully the 27-29th are as nice. Thanks again for the help!

barefoot
07-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Kids...Minoqua Meyham is quickly approaching!

I'll be arriving late on Friday night...are people planning to visit one of the fine drinking establishments after the ski show? I'm thinking that might be a good place to meet up with people if there are some drinkers in the group. That way we can meet a few people before Saturday morning.

My buddy and I are leaving the boat at home. Who has room on their boat for 2 good skiers? We're bringing red gas cans so fuel won't be an issue. It would be nice to lock something down before we get up there.

jleger98
07-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I am still trying to convince the wife. But plan on us for two, possibly 4. More updates to come.

jleger98
07-11-2007, 12:47 PM

Like these:

http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230402966.jpg

We can bring ours too. For some reason some don't talk to others, hard to say which ones do and don't

#47of100TeamMC
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Datdude... (or anyone else of knowledge) when does the ski show start? where would be a good meeting spot for people before the show? is finding seating an issue for the show?

We will be arriving around noon friday. If other folks are going to be around during the day friday, we could plan another meeting spot for early afternoon and maybe get some skiing in before the show.

erkoehler
07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I'll be on the boat, so parking/anchoring won't be an issue. If you want a good seat in the bleachers I'd show up at 6:40 or so and the show starts at 7pm.

#47of100TeamMC
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I'll be on the boat, so parking/anchoring won't be an issue. If you want a good seat in the bleachers I'd show up at 6:40 or so and the show starts at 7pm.

Maybe 6pm would be a good time to meet up and grab a few drinks and head over to the bleachers.

Datdude
07-11-2007, 04:45 PM
So what boat are you bringin' ERK? 214? x45? CSX? What's the deal?

The hard part about meeting at the ski show is some people will be on the water and some will be on land. I may need to set up a MC banner near the ski show for the landlubbers to meet. The people on the water can look for whatever type of boat ERK ends up with.

I really want to know how this thread got moved off the general discussion board:mad: . I hope people are not missing the info on this because they can not find it.

erkoehler
07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
CSX is out.........

Datdude
07-12-2007, 11:02 AM
CSX is out.........

Dam the bad luck:mad: ..........what else you got in stock?

Are you going to be able to make it up for a pre-party weekend? You know.....to get everything "organized":cool:

This one would be nice:rolleyes:

#47of100TeamMC
07-12-2007, 11:43 AM
While we're wondering about the thread, How did we get coined into the "42nd" Annual... you guys been holding out on me for the past 41years? I mean seriously... where does time go!?!?

And if you owned a Mastercraft 42years ago... I'd like to see a picture!

jleger98
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Name Number of People
47 of 100 2 possibly 4
JLF 2 possibly 4
Danimal 2 possibly 4
Barefoot 2
Chudson 1 or more?
Jclose 6
Whitedog 4
RCNJSON 2 possibly 4
Starman 205 2
Peason 2
T5 Steve 4
Etakk7 2
UMP 2?
EricB 2?
WTRSK1R 2 possibly 4
J leger ?
Laurel Lake Skier ?
ERK 1?
Suedv possibly 2
Point1234 2 possibly 3
Paul W 2 possibly 4
Ski*MC ?
Sten 76 9-Boat
Parks_Jr_55 ?
JohnnyB ?
Vogelm1 ?

Below is a list of possible lodging locations. Some are directly on the Minocqua chain of lakes with docks. Others are across the road from the lake with a town park/dock available to get people onto boats. There are also some campgrounds for those not wanting a hotel/resort. I did check into group rates and the discount was minimal at best. If you have any questions please let me know.

We are definately in for two. Finally got the wife to agree to go hang on the boat and drink for a few days :D

erkoehler
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Dam the bad luck:mad: ..........what else you got in stock?

Are you going to be able to make it up for a pre-party weekend? You know.....to get everything "organized":cool:

This one would be nice:rolleyes:

That one is in the showroom.........

Datdude
07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
While we're wondering about the thread, How did we get coined into the "42nd" Annual... you guys been holding out on me for the past 41years? I mean seriously... where does time go!?!?

And if you owned a Mastercraft 42years ago... I'd like to see a picture!

"First Annual" sounded lame, and the 42 year part was supposed to be funny because there was no MC at the time. 42nd Annual sounds impressive:cool:

Datdude
07-12-2007, 08:49 PM
We are definately in for two. Finally got the wife to agree to go hang on the boat and drink for a few days :D

Sounds great! Where are you going to stay? Are you bringing a boat?

WTRSK1R
07-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Kids...Minoqua Meyham is quickly approaching!

My buddy and I are leaving the boat at home. Who has room on their boat for 2 good skiers? We're bringing red gas cans so fuel won't be an issue. It would be nice to lock something down before we get up there.

Barefoot,
I believe I PM'd you my cell number, and if memory serves me, I get OK service there. Feel free to give me a call when you get in town and we can try to connect.

Steve

WTRSK1R
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I really want to know how this thread got moved off the general discussion board:mad: . I hope people are not missing the info on this because they can not find it.

DatDude,
We just need to post daily to keep it on the home page for the next 2 weeks. :D

Steve

Chicago190
07-13-2007, 12:10 AM
50/50 chance I'll be there. If I am up I will definitely have my boat and plenty of room on board, but you'll have to avoid the cooler.

SKI*MC
07-13-2007, 12:46 AM
when is this whole this going down again?

sten76
07-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Did we agree on a channel for the Walkie Talkies? I would suggest channel 42, but I am not sure if they go up that far. How about channel 4? Whatever works, I am not worried about finding each other, it should be pretty easy.

We will be in a VERY yellow 209.

#47of100TeamMC
07-13-2007, 08:23 AM
when is this whole this going down again?

2 Weeks from Today!

July 27-29th or whenever you can make it over the weekend.

#47of100TeamMC
07-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Did we agree on a channel for the Walkie Talkies? I would suggest channel 42, but I am not sure if they go up that far. How about channel 4? Whatever works, I am not worried about finding each other, it should be pretty easy.

I think you just decided for us! 4 it is! I'm still looking for my walkies though... Ya move once and you can't find anything!

barefoot
07-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Barefoot,
I believe I PM'd you my cell number, and if memory serves me, I get OK service there. Feel free to give me a call when you get in town and we can try to connect.

Steve

sorry Steve, I only ski on boats newer then 2005 ;) Just kidding...I'll definitly take you up on that offer.

barefoot
07-13-2007, 08:58 AM
50/50 chance I'll be there. If I am up I will definitely have my boat and plenty of room on board, but you'll have to avoid the cooler.

come on...make that commitment! You know it's gonna be a crazy time meeting all these people! Oh, yeah, and we get to ski our faces off too! It'll probably be the most fun you'll have all summer!

peason
07-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I just read all 8 pages of this posting and I still do not see an agenda. Can we put together an rough agenda?
Here is are some of suggestions based on what I have read so far, I have never been on this chain, only passed through on the way to Eagle River, WI.

Friday night - Aqua Bat's Ski Ski show - are we rafting out or are we going to be in the stands?
Saturday - meet for early sets of slalom and barefoot? Don't know where or are we just on our own?
Saturday afternoon - hit one of the sand bar island's to mingle? need to specify which island.
Saturday night - since a few of us are staying at the Bayview Lodge - what about having a cook out at this lodge? if they can accomodate us?

I am just trying to get something put together so I can tell my wife why we are going and leaving some of the kids with friends so they can make it to thier events. And believe me, I really want to go, need some help here!

Datdude
07-13-2007, 11:15 AM
I just read all 8 pages of this posting and I still do not see an agenda. Can we put together an rough agenda?
Here is are some of suggestions based on what I have read so far, I have never been on this chain, only passed through on the way to Eagle River, WI.

Friday night - Aqua Bat's Ski Ski show - are we rafting out or are we going to be in the stands?
Saturday - meet for early sets of slalom and barefoot? Don't know where or are we just on our own?
Saturday afternoon - hit one of the sand bar island's to mingle? need to specify which island.
Saturday night - since a few of us are staying at the Bayview Lodge - what about having a cook out at this lodge? if they can accomodate us?

I am just trying to get something put together so I can tell my wife why we are going and leaving some of the kids with friends so they can make it to thier events. And believe me, I really want to go, need some help here!

Sounds like a good plan! I did not really want a strict timetable of events which takes the fun out of it, so that is why nothing was really "scheduled". I think the ski show on Friday night will be a great place to meet. I would like to be on the water, but the late arrivals may not be able to get launched and to the show in time. We may have to have an after-show meeting for those on land and on water somewhere. Saturday afternoon (whenever) meeting at Beer Can Island would be ideal to hang out and have a few beverages with a cookout to follow. I am open to any suggestions

Rockman
07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Tentatively mark down the Rockman family (3 total) for either Friday or Saturday.

We will be finishing up vacation at our cottage that weekend and will most likely come up for the day either Friday or Saturday...depending on everyone else's arrival times.

We will be bringing a boat for footin...

J

SKI*MC
07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
one more question, where in Minocqua is this ( what lake or body of water?)

erkoehler
07-13-2007, 12:08 PM

Downtown Minocqua....

barefoot
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
What are the names of the two bars in Minocqua? The Fat Whale and Rusty Tea Cup???? something like that? What bar is better? Which ever one is better, I'm going to that one.

I'm rolling in Friday night. I'm be at the 'good' bar. I'll be the guy in a black MC hat. You won't be able to miss me. I'll buy the first round of beer, cocktails, happy 'appy's, or whatever to anyone who is there. We'll drink, chat, get-to-know each other and rock out throughout the night. I'd like to wake up early and do some sets on Saturday and after that, I'm sure it'll be a free for all.

barefoot
07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
oh, and Rockman, I'd like to learn back deeps if you have room in your boat.

Rockman
07-13-2007, 01:15 PM

No problem.

tex
07-13-2007, 01:16 PM
No problem.
Famous last words!

erkoehler
07-13-2007, 01:27 PM

:D :D Rock's ride for the weekend.......if I don't sell it first :)

#47of100TeamMC
07-13-2007, 01:31 PM

Great thoughts Peason!

as far as skiing saturday am (hopefully sunday am too), we are still hopefull of using the Boys Camp's ski course, if that isn't an option... I have a portable I can bring along if there is a relatively secluded bay that would be ideal for putting it in.

#47of100TeamMC
07-13-2007, 01:36 PM

we were all hoping for the 214... but that'll have to do...:rolleyes:

Rockman
07-13-2007, 01:39 PM

You missed a spot!

Will it be as clean as when I took first arrival of it in May?:D

erkoehler
07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
You missed a spot!

Will it be as clean as when I took first arrival of it in May?:D

NOPE......not when you get it, but hopefully when I get it back :)

WTRSK1R
07-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Take Hwy 51 North and you will drive right through it. It is North of Wausau by about 1.5 hours if I remember correctly.

Chicago190
07-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Take Hwy 51 North and you will drive right through it. It is North of Wausau by about 1.5 hours if I remember correctly.

Correct. Downtown Minocqua is surrounded by Lake Minocqua, hence why it is known as the island city.

erkoehler
07-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Steve,

The ski show is right by the bridge as you drive north on the left side.

MastercraftNorth
07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Marquette Powersports and Iron Mountain Powersports will be attending with 3 people and a boat. Either a 197 or X-2 will be accompanying us. Will be out Saturday all day so hopefully we can hook up with everyone!

erkoehler
07-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Back to the top w/ this thread.......

I am debating driving up Thursday PM, or very EARLY AM on Friday.

Datdude
07-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Marquette Powersports and Iron Mountain Powersports will be attending with 3 people and a boat. Either a 197 or X-2 will be accompanying us. Will be out Saturday all day so hopefully we can hook up with everyone!

Sweet! Should be a great time! :cool:

jclose8
07-15-2007, 10:41 PM

NICE!! Trimner says he'll be out there that weekend, too. Bryan Pepp is coming and Jake too. See ya there!

jclose8
07-15-2007, 10:43 PM

OK, here is the official channel:

Channel 4, Sub-channel 2

#47of100TeamMC
07-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Back to the top w/ this thread.......

I am debating driving up Thursday PM, or very EARLY AM on Friday.

For what it's worth...

T5Steve and I are heading up Early Friday morning. We figure if we leave by 7 we'll be there plenty before noon, Have some lunch check-in and hit the water.

we've got a 4hr drive. and looks like Minocqua is roughly 66.5miles north of Wausau.

erkoehler
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I've probably got a 6 hour drive maybe 6.5 depending on the boat that I bring.

Rockman
07-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I've probably got a 6 hour drive maybe 6.5 depending on the boat that I bring.

You know you can crash at our place on the way up...have plenty of room in the driveway. :D