PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever wonder.......

Mag_Red
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
.......who comes up with the graphics on the wakeboards??? And how do they apply them to the boards??? I'm amazed at some of the creative designs and would love to do something with my CWB Pure, which is basically a pure white board. I'd luve to jazz it up with something cool. Are they clearcoated??? Some one here must know. JimN??? MyMC??? Maeghan??? HoosierBob????

Maristar210
02-07-2007, 09:45 AM
.......who comes up with the graphics on the wakeboards??? And how do they apply them to the boards??? I'm amazed at some of the creative designs and would love to do something with my CWB Pure, which is basically a pure white board. I'd luve to jazz it up with something cool. Are they clearcoated??? Some one here must know. JimN??? MyMC??? Maeghan??? HoosierBob????

I am just surprized you put Hoosier Bob in with that group of names. After all we are talking wakeboards, not kneeboards - right?

Mag_Red
02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
I am just surprized you put Hoosier Bob in with that group of names. After all we are talking wakeboards, not kneeboards - right?I heard Bob painted that joker on the botom of his knee board..........it's so appropriate:D

Cary K.
02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
They are usually a sheet graphic that is applied during the molding process.

RexDog1
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
They are usually a sheet graphic that is applied during the molding process.

Yep what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:cool:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
.......who comes up with the graphics on the wakeboards??? ????
Probably graphic artists that sample the herb.

TMCNo1
02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Probably graphic artists that sample the herb.

True, so true! When I painted the graphics on the wakeboards of my RC X-Star, I had to get a Corona Buzz going to get my mind right!:rolleyes: 8p :D

RexDog1
02-07-2007, 11:53 AM
I have had IT….. with all the wakeboarding bashing on here

“sample the herb.”

You need beer to come up with “graphics on the wakeboard boats”

You guys don’t have a clue what wakeboarding is all about

Oh what..Now I think about it ?????? Never mind :rolleyes:

Harvey
02-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey, hey, hey........some of us wakeboarders are not stoners and drunks. I can't speak to my past :D but I don't sample the herb and I probably drink about as much as you single stick guys. ;)

As for the wakeboard, they are done in the mold process but you can paint it fairly easily. Just paint what you want on the board with a paint that is not water based and then clearcoat it a couple times. The reason for the clearcoat is so that the water doesn't ruin the drunken paint job you put on it. If you are painting the top you really don't have to clearcoat it as it doesn't take the beating that the bottom will.

Your other option would be to have a design made on a vinyl sticker that you cover the board with. This is a good option for the top but if you do this on the bottom you could change the performance of the board in the water. Can anyone say FACEPLANT?

TMCNo1
02-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Come to think about it, I have seen more people on here paased out in a bed with a stick than a board. You may have something here!
It's Al Gore's fault, he invented beer!

FlatBoard
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Anyone seen my wakeboard? It's the one with graffiti all over it! :D