PDA

View Full Version : Remote Starters

milkmania
01-10-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm looking at remote vehicle starters....

any input?

what to stay away from, what works for you, what you've considered...etc...

97 Suburban with electric keyless doorlocks and windows.

there sure seems to be a lot of them out there, and of course any true salesman is going to tell you HIS is the best:steering:

JMT
01-10-2005, 06:46 AM
I've installed quite a few in family's and friend's vehicles, all Bulldog units. I usually get the unit at Sam's or WalMart and then had to order the extra unit (to bypass the security) for the newer vehicles thru Bulldog's website, but I see that WalMart has the unit in stock now.

Farmer Ted
01-10-2005, 07:01 AM
Hey JMT where you been hiding?

How about those Hawkeyes! :banana:

Anyway back to the topic, ever put a remote starter in a boat?

T Scott
01-10-2005, 08:51 AM
I have one on my 97 Expedition and love it. My wife uses it every day. Here in Florida, it is very hot and there is nothing worse than putting your kids into the backseat of a 130 degree car. She simply hits the remote start from inside the house 5-10 minutes before she is ready to leave and the car cools down considerably in that time. Also handy for those cold winter 60 degree mornings here also!
Cost me about $180 installed. bought it at Best Buy. I'll never own another car without one.

OhioProstar
01-10-2005, 09:18 AM
I just had one installed in my wife's Acura TSX and every time the alarm has time to arm it goes off when you activate the starter. Make sure your car's security system can be bypassed. This will be the third time going back into the installers :(

JEREMY79
01-10-2005, 09:27 AM
[ Also handy for those cold winter 60 degree mornings here also!

HA! HA! Thats funny

milkmania
01-10-2005, 02:04 PM
well here it is 1:30 in the afternoon....

we just hit 52 degrees:woohoo:

JMT
01-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Farmer Ted!

Been hunting pheasants, deer, whatever. Also trying to "train" new puppy....Never put a remote starter in a boat, think it might be a new trend?? Saw part of the game, that last pass was unbelievable, thought they had blown it for sure. Don't you miss our weather????

Farmer Ted
01-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Hey Farmer Ted!

Been hunting pheasants, deer, whatever. Also trying to "train" new puppy....Never put a remote starter in a boat, think it might be a new trend?? Saw part of the game, that last pass was unbelievable, thought they had blown it for sure. Don't you miss our weather????

How's the pheasants this year? My uncles got a farm down in Tingle/Diagonal I can't wait to get back there and go quail hunting.
Miss your weather? no....miss what goes along with your weather (shoveling snow) yes!

JMT
01-12-2005, 08:35 PM
The pheasant hunting was just okay this year, only got 8 this season. Most of those came from around Montezuma; saw a lot around Adel and Stuart but they didn't cooperate too well....Haven't seen any quail.
We're supposed to be getting another snowstorm tonight, want me to save you some shoveling??

Farmer Ted
01-12-2005, 08:41 PM
The pheasant hunting was just okay this year, only got 8 this season. Most of those came from around Montezuma; saw a lot around Adel and Stuart but they didn't cooperate too well....Haven't seen any quail.
We're supposed to be getting another snowstorm tonight, want me to save you some shoveling??

You can tell me all about it tomorrow, don't you have any conscripts, er I mean kids?

Oh by the way it was 73 today, I just winterized my boat yesterday....

JMT
01-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, all girls, 21, 20 and 17 and you don't think THEY do snow do you??? Actually, got a BIG snowblower and can toss snow into the neighbors' yards :D 73? DEGREES?? I should see that in about six months!