PDA

View Full Version : Angry Little Man

PendO
02-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Funny story, telemarketer calls my folks place looking for my dad this morning, I happen to be there dropping off the grandkids, my mom starts asking for the gals name and why she is calling and getting a number so that my dad can call back, she (telemarketer) goes into this rant about ... "I don't talk to secretaries" ... my mom blow up, hands me the phone, and the lady just gets bichy ... I hang up and leave, then from my car I call the phone number that she left for my dad (one of these scams where they are paid to put you into contact with someone ... something called Integrated Businesses) ... I was trying to find out who she worked for so I could talk to her boss, but she hangs up on me twice ... I GOT HUNG UP ON TWICE BY A TELMARKETER ... she goes "who is this" (I wouldn't answer other than to say I was his attorney, which just pissed her off) and leads to the "you are an angry little man"... so I do a reverse lookup on the number she left, and its a damn cell phone number in Indiana ... too funny ... I love how telemarketers think they have some right to talk to the owner of a company, and somehow being rude to the employee or unwittingly pissing off the owner's wife is a recipe for success ... looking forward to some *67's at 2am:) Maybe I will pretend to be a debt collector:) "Hey, we're gonna turn the power off unless you pay your bill" [okay, not realy gonna call, but the idea puts an evil smile on my face:)]

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Pendo, Thats an AWESOME plan!! :):D Please do that! and then call them one time for your buddy UMP too! I HATE telemarketers!:mad:

PendO
02-06-2007, 11:19 PM
so UMP, this can be the "post your telemarketer story" thread:)

Maristar210
02-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Well Pendo your problem is easy to resolve. Quit dealing with the morons in the state of Indiana. Hoosier Bob's call center needs to give it a rest. Mouth Breathers aaaawwwww haaaaaaa wwwww eeeeeerrrr uuuuuumooooopppp

PendO
02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Well Pendo your problem is easy to resolve. Quit dealing with the morons in the state of Indiana. Hoosier Bob's call center needs to give it a rest. Mouth Breathers aaaawwwww haaaaaaa wwwww eeeeeerrrr uuuuuumooooopppp

now I am laughing my arse off, I never put 2 and 2 together ...

*tears rolling down face:)

02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
so UMP, this can be the "post your telemarketer story" thread:)
Actually, it should be the "OFFICIAL post your telemarketer story" thread.:) ;)

east tx skier
02-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Pendo, don't forget to hit *67 before you dial. It blocks your number.

east tx skier
02-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Actually, it should be the "OFFICIAL post your telemarketer story" thread.:) ;)

For about $8, I bought this little button that plugs inline with the phone. When telemarketers called, I just hit the button and it played a prerecorded message saying I wasn't interested and to please take me off their list. I was free to hang up and it would finish the call, or I could listen in and hear them try to argue with a machine. Nice device. It eventually wore itself out.

Another story. Called AMEX about one thing or another and got put on eternal hold with this looped message saying how much they wanted to take my call, but couldn't, etc., etc. After waiting for about 20 minutes, I recorded a message on my computer that I had gone to the gym, but that speaking to a representative was really important to me. I asked that they please remain on hold until I returned. I set the recording to play in a loop and left. When I got back, they'd hung up. How's that for customer service.

PendO
02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Pendo, don't forget to hit *67 before you dial. It blocks your number.

actually, if I were going to try and get under her skin here is what I would do

go to the library or kinkos and use their computer (not my IP address) and put a bunch of stuff for sale on craigslist ... cars for cheap, laptops for cheap, motorcycles for cheap ... all with her phone # and name ... that to me would be justice

Hi, this is Jim, I saw your add for the Honda

Hi, this is Bill, can you tell me about the Harley you have for sale

I'm sure she will remember me, and she knows the home/business number ... so, I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin' :)

Maristar210
02-06-2007, 11:29 PM
"Chicks in motion suddenly stop" ....... Now what?????

Awkward

02-06-2007, 11:31 PM

go to the library or kinkos and use their computer (not my IP address) and put a bunch of stuff for sale on craigslist ... cars for cheap, laptops for cheap, motorcycles for cheap ... all with her phone # and name ... that to me would be justice

I'm sure she will remember me, and she knows the home/business number ... so, I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin' :)

Uhhhh yea.......uh.....that is what my good friends Jeff Randol and Erkle did to ME!:rolleyes: Remember?

02-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Hoosier is a rude caller. Everytime he calls here, he gets all bichy with me and demands to talk to Ms. UMP.....what does she know that I dont? we arent buying anything from him. I cant understand why he calls here all the time wanting to talk to her. :confused:

JimN
02-06-2007, 11:36 PM
UMP- Is that Ferris Buehler or Ferris State U?

east tx skier
02-06-2007, 11:37 PM

Hey, you're a law talking guy, so you, no doubt, know lots of lawyers. When you get screwed over, have a buddy of yours send demand letters (even as a lawyer, why represent yourself in the letter). If they have any sort of legitimacy, they'll pass the letters on to their lawyers, who will write you back telling you you're nuts. Write back and offer to settle. They present the offer and charge the telemarketing firm for it. This can go on for as long as you want to write letters offering to settle. Good rule of thumb is stop when you're sure they've paid their lawyer 3x what they owe you.

Hoosier Bob
02-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I got your Indiana! Hoosier or not she has your panties in a bunch eh Casey!8p I just might hire her!!:D

By the way Hoosiers don't take much to lawyering! We are self represented! Have you not been watching Springer? Casey! Casey! Casey! Oh Sorry, Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!:o

02-06-2007, 11:41 PM
UMP- Is that Ferris Buehler or Ferris State U?
Ed Rooney?

I am totally confused my friend.....:o Whatcha mean?:confused:

02-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey, you're a law talking guy, so you, no doubt, know lots of lawyers. When you get screwed over, have a buddy of yours send demand letters (even as a lawyer, why represent yourself in the letter). If they have any sort of legitimacy, they'll pass the letters on to their lawyers, who will write you back telling you you're nuts. Write back and offer to settle. They present the offer and charge the telemarketing firm for it. This can go on for as long as you want to write letters offering to settle. Good rule of thumb is stop when you're sure they've paid their lawyer 3x what they owe you.
Thats Brilliant! Especially from a guy that spells like Rod!8p

K N O W my friend! :)

02-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I got your Indiana! Hoosier or not she has your panties in a bunch eh Casey!8p I just might hire her!!:D

By the way Hoosiers don't take much to lawyering! We are self represented! Have you not been watching Springer? Casey! Casey! Casey! Oh Sorry, Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!:o
The best part is yet to come. When we confirm that Pendo was talking to Lisa!:D

PendO
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM

** more tears:)

victorff
02-06-2007, 11:47 PM
This belongs in this thread. Hilarious !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ve21XwzXqs&eurl=

** more tears:)
Its OK Pendo. I cry when Rod spells too. 8p

east tx skier

Yeah, check again. Like it never happened. They haven't turned off the buttons yet. ;)

And it is brilliant. Those that know they're in the wrong stop being stubborn after about two or three letters, which coincidentilly coincides with end of the month billing.

02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah, check again. Like it never happened. They haven't turned off the buttons yet. ;)
OK buddy, your asking for it now. :noface: Play nice! or I will have to put Hoosier on ya. Lets see what happens when I am the one with the magic buttons. :D 8p

Hoosier Bob
02-06-2007, 11:52 PM
By the way it ain't Mrs. Ump yet and she has informed me that depends on my status at the time! You will know when I am done!;) Hoosier is a rude caller. Everytime he calls here, he gets all bichy with me and demands to talk to Ms. UMP.....what does she know that I dont? we arent buying anything from him. I cant understand why he calls here all the time wanting to talk to her. :confused:

PendO
02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
This belongs in this thread. Hilarious !!!!!

oh gawd, that is great LMAO.

victorff
02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
This belongs in this thread. Hilarious !!!!!!!

02-06-2007, 11:54 PM
By the way it ain't Mrs. Ump yet and she has informed me that depends on my status at the time! You will know when I am done!;)
Shes all yours baby! dont forget to make Lisa's plane ticket up here FIRST CLASS. :D

BTW, see how Eastie cheats? ;)

Hoosier Bob
02-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Revenge on the Telemarketers? Ever listened to this or is this the link? I like the time he tells the Cop calling for ******** and he sends his 12 year old to the liquer store for beer and cigs! Also the carpet company that he asks if they can get a bunch of blood out of the carpet and curtains! Too funny!:D

mhsb1029
02-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Frickin awesome video, Casey shoot me an email with that phone number, I have got a little spare time that I would like to waste.:rolleyes:

02-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Revenge on the Telemarketers? Ever listened to this or is this the link? I like the time he tells the Cop calling for ******** and he sends his 12 year old to the liquer store for beer and cigs! Also the carpet company that he asks if they can get a bunch of blood out of the carpet and curtains! Too funny!:D
NO Hoosier, those calls werent fake or prank, that was YOU on the phone on those calls!:rolleyes: you dont remember?

02-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Frickin awesome video, Casey shoot me an email with that phone number, I have got a little spare time that I would like to waste.:rolleyes:
Here is your wingman Casey! Way to stick up for the team!

Hey MHSP029, why couldnt you get a easier screen name for me to type? I will end up typing like Rod if we dont get you a nick name.:D

PendO
02-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Here is your wingman Casey! Way to stick up for the team!

Hey MHSP029, why couldnt you get a easier screen name for me to type? I will end up typing like Rod if we dont get you a nick name.:D

UMP ... meet my younger brother Mark ... much easiear nickname.

LakePirate
02-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Depending on how many people you have calling your house from different numbers you can get call selector (you probably already have it, just call telco) and you can program up to 6 numbers that will be allowed through. You can also get ring master (another number, same line) and add 6 numbers to that. Or you could hand out your ring master number and know only to answer it as it has a special ring. If you have bundled services from your telco it's free.

Hoosier Bob
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Is this your younger bro Casey? C'mon he has to have a nickname? Pea Nut? Scraps? Mine was Blobby! We are family here so it is ok to embarrass!8p UMP ... meet my younger brother Mark ... much easiear nickname.

mhsb1029
So now I am supposed to be sorry because you can not type mhsb1029. Ok give me a couple of days for the screen name.

Ohh..., by the way, can someone tell me how many tubers an 04 X-Star with an L-18 can pull up? Do you guys know if it can do powerslides? Can I modify it so that it can do powerslides?:D

UMP ... meet my younger brother Mark ... much easiear nickname.
Mark! well thats better! HI Mark!:) OK, Mark is much easier than typing that name that looks like the title of the YES album that was popular around 1983. :cool:

JimN
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Ed Rooney? Your tag line is SAVE FERRIS!

Leroy
02-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Pendo; Isn't there a do not call list?

JimN
02-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Since the phone number is known and maybe the name of the caller, why not sign her up on MySpace with a nice little profile. Hot photo, list the phone number, get her e-mail address.

C'mon! It'll be fun! It'll be just like driving into Wisconsin!

mhsb1029
02-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I am a little dissapointed that you fellas did not get the joke about the tubers and the powerslide, but I guess that I am the new guy.

Just got a little worried.

02-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Ed Rooney? Your tag line is SAVE FERRIS!
Oh yea:o that would be Ferris Buller.

Eddddddddddddd Rooney!

This is George Peterson!

bcampbe7
I am a little dissapointed that you fellas did not get the joke about the tubers and the powerslide, but I guess that I am the new guy.

Are you referring to this thread?
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14144&highlight=tube

PendO
Pendo; Isn't there a do not call list?

probably, I think they try and get around it by having the person who is calling not being the person who is selling ... she wanted to talk to my dad and hand him off to her boss, which no doubt wanted to sell something (whether it was a service or product, only HB knows for sure) ... I know my house is on the do not call list, I need to check on theirs

the myspace would be good, again, from a kinkos or library computer:)

02-07-2007, 12:21 AM
For gosh sakes Mark Calm down! I can only type so fast.....

Or I will REALLY end up tiping lik Rod Duz. :rolleyes:

;)

PendO
02-07-2007, 12:22 AM

Mark, HB is into dirt bikes .. and other alternative lifestyle choices:)

02-07-2007, 12:23 AM
probably, I think they try and get around it by having the person who is calling not being the person who is selling ... she wanted to talk to my dad and hand him off to her boss, which no doubt wanted to sell something (whether it was a service or product, only HB knows for sure) ... I know my house is on the do not call list, I need to check on theirs

the myspace would be good, again, from a kinkos or library computer:)
It was Lisa on the phone. DOnt take it personal. She was just practicing being bichy. I want her get really good at it so she can make Hoosier life hell. :D

02-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Mark, HB is into dirt bikes
Mark, HB is into Coors Light.

Hoosier Bob
02-07-2007, 12:25 AM
ONLY IF THEY RIDE DIRTBIKES!:o Mark, HB is into dirt bikes .. and other alternative lifestyle choices:)

02-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Mark, HB is into dirt bikes .. and other alternative lifestyle choices:)
OH yea, I forgot about that. Ask him about Hammocks! :rolleyes:

You dont have any loose farm animals around, do you Mark? might wanna put em in the garage while HB is around.

Hoosier Bob
02-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Miller Lite! I also cut my hair and you did not notice!:mad: Mark, HB is into Coors Light.

02-07-2007, 12:26 AM
ONLY IF THEY RIDE DIRTBIKES!:o
Oh wow, are you losing your edge. thats the best you could come back with?:rolleyes:

PendO
02-07-2007, 12:27 AM
and UMP has some committment issues ...

bcampbe7
02-07-2007, 12:29 AM

ZING!!!!!!!

02-07-2007, 12:31 AM
No, no, no. Your just confusing that with the fact that I dont want to get married. :D There is a difference!:D

Hoosier Bob
02-07-2007, 12:37 AM
It takes two to get married and from what we have learned from you regarding Prescilla is that she is not stupid! Try downtown UMP, at around Midnight. Carry cash and find your bride!8p

02-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Try downtown UMP, at around Midnight. Carry cash and find your bride!8p
OOOHHHHHHH!! I was waaaaayyyyy off then. I thoguth you said "Carry cash and find your bread!":o No wonder all those women dressed so scantily were talking to me. I thought it was a late night bakery. :confused:

TMCNo1
02-07-2007, 10:05 AM

I hear there is a "Montel" episode with Ump and MrsUMP2B sometime around Valentines Day!

02-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I hear there is a "Montel" episode with Ump and MrsUMP2B sometime around Valentines Day!
Yea, and the Monza will be on that episode too!:o

its called "Men who sleep with waterskis, and the women who love them" episode.

TMCNo1
02-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Yea, and the Monza will be on that episode too!:o

its called "Men who sleep with waterskis, and the women who love them" episode.

At least there will not be a DNA test results involved!:rolleyes:

Monte
02-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Threadjacking the threadjack... Buddy of mine answered the phone once (telemarketer on the other line) when the girl asked for him. He acted like a distrought brother and told her he had died in a bad car accident the night before. He went on to tell her he did have his deceased brother's credit card and was interested in her magazines, but his credit stunk etc... just kept her going for several minutes. She was hard at it trying to make a sale... The only way we got him out of the conversation was for me to yell out (like the dad) "what the hell are you doing with your brother's credit card????" She would have made the sale on a dead man's CC..

RexDog1
02-07-2007, 10:51 AM
All I do is I ask if they can hold on? “My kid needs me” I put the phone down
And don’t come back for 10 minutes, and they are gone :rolleyes:

PaulW
02-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Man it needs to warm up, ice melt, so we can all go out to play.

02-07-2007, 10:57 AM
At least there will not be a DNA test results involved!:rolleyes:
I might be on a upcoming episode too about "Strange love triangles". Leather wearing guitarist men who love waterskis, and neo-nazi midget stripper women that sell Amway.

TMCNo1
02-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I might be on a upcoming episode too about "Strange love triangles". Leather wearing guitarist men who love waterskis, and neo-nazi midget stripper women that sell Amway.

That might call for a upgrade to Maurey or Jerry Springer. Montel talks too slow for the show to be a 1 hour, more like 3 day deal. On Springer, it's scream, hollar, undress and fight all in 30 minutes and that's all we need to see, kinda like the "Word" thread!:D

Harvey
02-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I am sorry if this has already been posted but you can possibly make money off the telemarketers if they don't do their job correctly. http://www.junkbusters.com/ht/en/script.html

It would be best to tape the conversation as it will make the case stronger in court. I am not a lawyer nor have I actually done this but I know people who have.

Maristar210
02-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I believe (Jeff Foxworthy voice)
That the truth is Mrs. UMp is the hold out because she's still looking for something better

I believe
HB switched to Miller Lite because he drank every Coors Light in the state of Indiana

I believe
Casey has issues with the phone, like a 900 number that is no longer in service:rolleyes: :D

I believe
Doug is having second thoughts now that the pressure is off

I believe
Some signs are in order, and soon. That's what I believe

(Ron White voice)

"Okay roll 'em back up"

Ric
02-07-2007, 12:32 PM
about 15yrs ago I was in the office and got one of those calls (we had no receptionist) the scam then was copiers..

(supposedly they would call, talk fast and commanding saying that this is the shipping department and ask for your copier serial # ...

The supposed scam was if you gave them your serial #, your co. would owe for all this toner they shipped you.... seemed foolish to me but it was common)

lady's voice really fast "this is shipping and I need the serial # of the copier"

[pause]

Ric " Whaaaaaaaaattttt!"

Lady, " what da mattah pal, did you just look at your D___? !" [hangup]

pretty funny but I like getting the last word, so she got me there!

mhsb1029
02-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Are you referring to this thread?
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14144&highlight=tube

Yea, that was the thread that I was refering to. But damn that was a long time ago. I would have responded sooner but the internet filter that the school district that I work for has blocked tmcowners.com. Damn, those internet filters.:mad:

BriEOD
02-08-2007, 08:17 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about "Gene."

PendO
02-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about "Gene."

you are the guy I should send the cell phone number to:)

BriEOD
02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
I've got a good one as well:

My father passed away years ago. About 5 years after he died my mother got a call from telemarketer trying to sell something or other. Well, he goes on this spiel about how he had mailed my dad some information, they had spoken previously, a deal was in the works, etc, etc. My mother just remained quiet and listened. When he finished, my mom said that's funny he died 5 years ago and then she blasted the guy for being a liar, etc.

Some people...

Maristar210
02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I've got a good one as well:

My father passed away years ago. About 5 years after he died my mother got a call from telemarketer trying to sell something or other. Well, he goes on this spiel about how he had mailed my dad some information, they had spoken previously, a deal was in the works, etc, etc. My mother just remained quiet and listened. When he finished, my mom said that's funny he died 5 years ago and then she blasted the guy for being a liar, etc.

Some people...

Bri-

Sorry about that for your mom and you. I have the same issue. My Dad has been gone for 9 years and my mom still gets the "Can I speak to Mr. Si.....?" Brought her to tears for a while:mad:

Ric
02-12-2007, 01:28 PM
one of my favorite things to do to them is to sound all excited that they called and put them on hold til they get tired... as long as all my lines don't fill up, I dont get hurt and I get to waste as much of their time as they do mine...

yep, the hold lite has been blinking for a couple of minutes now.. this one is a real trooper!

JimN
02-12-2007, 01:34 PM
One thing about being asked to speak with someone who's gone is that we get to try to make the other person feel bad, or tell them that it could be arranged.

I'm on the Do Not Call list and almost never pickup my land line. There's an answering machine on it and when it rings 3 times, it's supposed to hang up if the call is automated. If I get one by answering (in a moment of weakness), I'll just ask for their number. When they ask why, I'll tell them that I want to call them when it's a bad time for them. Like starting at 2AM and continuing for a few hours.

Ric
02-12-2007, 01:34 PM
he mustve seen my post on here because he just hung up after 5 minutes.. Dammit, and he did have a great title, I know that he could have set up a strategic business arrangement for me! The whole finscrew thing could have really taken off with his help

rodltg2
02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
i like to just repeat the last few words they say after every sentence. makes you sound really interested until they catch on..

JimN
02-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Ric- that's what you want in a case like that- someone who's as tenacious as a badger.

Ric
02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Ric- that's what you want in a case like that- someone who's as tenacious as a badger. and a great title!

michael freeman
02-12-2007, 04:24 PM
This may have changed now that you can sue them for not removing you from the list but in the old days they would just throw you back into the "call again later" group if you gave them a hard time.

Note you can add a device that drops their call automatically but it produces a beep when you answer the phone. I have had good luck with the No-call lists and a unlisted number.

Ric
02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Anybody heard of the scam where they call your receptionist and want to update your information on a free industry publication?
We get a ton of these free publications, most being for unrelated industry... But I recently heard a horror story where they get your girl to update all your address, employees, sq footage etc and then ask for a birthdate or mothers maiden name to verify for "thier boss" and then your company gets a huge bill for the free publication...

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Anybody heard of the scam where they call your receptionist and want to update your information on a free industry publication?
We get a ton of these free publications, most being for unrelated industry... But I recently heard a horror story where they get your girl to update all your address, employees, sq footage etc and then ask for a birthdate or mothers maiden name to verify for "thier boss" and then your company gets a huge bill for the free publication...

Is that why I get "Hustler" all the time!:rolleyes: :D 8p

SkiDog
02-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Is that why I get "Hustler" all the time!:rolleyes: :D 8p

Hell no! We all know that you subscribed to that mag! You ain't kidding nobody here! I've also heard that you have every copy that's ever been published. and that you were also standing right by good ole boy Mr. Flynt when he was shot coming out of the court house! :D

BriEOD
02-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Bri-

Sorry about that for your mom and you. I have the same issue. My Dad has been gone for 9 years and my mom still gets the "Can I speak to Mr. Si.....?" Brought her to tears for a while:mad:
Sorry to hear that brother. Yep, they sure are tactless.