PDA

View Full Version : How'd you MCers in Central Florida fare???

JohnnyB
02-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I saw the weather system on CNN yesterday morning and the pictures of damage on last night's news. :( Hope all you folks in central Florida did OK.....check in and let us know.

Davo
02-03-2007, 01:09 PM
DeLand is not that far Northwest of me and on Christmas they were hit by bad storms too although not as severe. I know a number of people that live up that way and in New Smyrna Beach so I'm hoping they're houses are okay. It seems like we almost get used to seeing this stuff having a hurricane season.

I was watching CNN this morning and they interviewed a guy from Lake County who lost his mobile home. He had his head up, but said that he didn't have any insurance....they dropped him last year. He never had a claim. Paid all those years and when he needed it most...they weren't there. He wasn't angry at the world either....he had somewhere to go. Got me kinda steamed. I know a lot of folks who were dropped in the years follwoing the hurricanes of '04, many of which who never had a claim either. Sometimes I feel like insurance companies, attorneys and banks are necessary evils in this world.

There a lots of amazing stories of survival too. This 21 year old kid was in an upstairs room of this 131 year old house in DeLand when the thing got leveled and he somehow had enough space to climb out and was okay. This was an 18 room wood framed house the lady's great great Grandfather had built.

atlfootr
02-04-2007, 11:41 AM
No damage here, we're lucky ;)