PDA

View Full Version : need a reunion this summer

JEREMY79
01-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Misses '79 says:
That we need to have a reunion at Dale Hollow Lake this summer. This is the greatest lake in Kentucky/Tennessee in our opinion. For the first time I think I must agree with her. :uglyhamme

Jim@BAWS
01-08-2005, 11:09 PM
I was on the phone last week with the NEW Team MC "Oversear". A ton of input has been given about time and location for 05 Reunions. It looks like the National/Eastern Reunion will take place around the same time as last year Early June. Memorial Day Weekend was even discussed. Probably some varying opinions on that weekend would help. Long weekend, bigger reunion, more boats etc.etc.etc. The dates will be announced soon.

I know RAMBO Marine will have one. There is a thread about a secondary Southern Reunion and I think that is the one Rambo will host. The Southern/Bay Area WaterSports Reunion will be Sat Oct 15th 2005 Same location as last year. (2003 32 boats, 2004 41 boats 2005... WE ARE SHOOTING FOR 50 MAX Cannot hold anymore.) Stayed tuned I know the dates will be announced soon.

The West Coast looks to have Cope MC Phetors (sp) host a reunion. Last years did not work. There is also talk of a potential reunion in upstate NY on the St.Lawrence River...not firm just talk.

Jim@BAWS

Mag_Red
01-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Misses '79 says:
That we need to have a reunion at Dale Hollow Lake this summer. This is the greatest lake in Kentucky/Tennessee in our opinion. For the first time I think I must agree with her. :uglyhamme I'll have to agree! Been going down there for over 40 years now.We always stay on the east side of the lake at Obey River Campground. The problem with Dale Hollow might be hotel availability.........there aren't any.

Jerseydave
01-09-2005, 09:16 AM
I love the 1000 Islands region. Beautiful scenery and a good ski "lake" in the middle of everything called "lake of the isles".
Lots of places to stay and keep your boat in the water all weekend.

Hopefully this happens with the help of some local dealers.
If not, I could give other suggestions of locations in the northeast.

Now, if I can just get my own MC by spring :D

Dave

6ballsisall
01-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Misses '79 says:
That we need to have a reunion at Dale Hollow Lake this summer. This is the greatest lake in Kentucky/Tennessee in our opinion. For the first time I think I must agree with her. :uglyhamme

I second that vote!!! :cool:

JEREMY79
01-09-2005, 10:53 AM
the local dealers would probably help except theres not any, I'm trying to figure out the hotel problem. The east end of the lake down around east and west fork is great. How do you guy feel about sleeping in the truck :eek:

JEREMY79
01-09-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.wolf-river.com/motel.htm
http://www.hollycreek.com/
http://www.cedarhill-resort.com/
http://www.sunsetmarina.com/cabins.htm

I'm sure we could find a motel somewhere but it wont be close to the lake. Cabins are going to be about as good as we can do. This is just a late night idea :smile:

http://www.tnoutdoorsmen.com/marinas.htm

Leroy
01-10-2005, 03:43 PM
I agree also Jeremy. By the time it says Mrs you will always agree with her!

The only problem is I like being on the lake and Dale Hollow doesn't have cabins on the water. THe lodging you found is an option, especially if there is a dock you can walk to. The other option is big houseboat or I heard their is a campground there that is on the water.

Misses '79 says:

OhioProstar
01-10-2005, 04:23 PM
We used to camp at Willow Grove until all the trees came down with some sort of fugus...now we mainly stay in the Lake Cumberland area. I would be up for a change for a few days.

http://www.willowgrove.com/

Mag_Red
01-10-2005, 05:06 PM
I agree also Jeremy. By the time it says Mrs you will always agree with her!

The only problem is I like being on the lake and Dale Hollow doesn't have cabins on the water. THe lodging you found is an option, especially if there is a dock you can walk to. The other option is big houseboat or I heard their is a campground there that is on the water.
The one I know, Obey River, is run by the Corps of Engineers and is booked 9 months in advance. The nice thing about that campground is the is a kick butt country bar right outside the park entrance. :toast: Hill-Billy bar fights every night! :woohoo:

BriEOD
01-10-2005, 09:26 PM
So out of curiosity if 100 boats showed up you would turn them away?? Or would you move it from the Hillsborough to somewhere else?

I was on the phone last week with the NEW Team MC "Oversear". A ton of input has been given about time and location for 05 Reunions. It looks like the National/Eastern Reunion will take place around the same time as last year Early June. Memorial Day Weekend was even discussed. Probably some varying opinions on that weekend would help. Long weekend, bigger reunion, more boats etc.etc.etc. The dates will be announced soon.

I know RAMBO Marine will have one. There is a thread about a secondary Southern Reunion and I think that is the one Rambo will host. The Southern/Bay Area WaterSports Reunion will be Sat Oct 15th 2005 Same location as last year. (2003 32 boats, 2004 41 boats 2005... WE ARE SHOOTING FOR 50 MAX Cannot hold anymore.) Stayed tuned I know the dates will be announced soon.

The West Coast looks to have Cope MC Phetors (sp) host a reunion. Last years did not work. There is also talk of a potential reunion in upstate NY on the St.Lawrence River...not firm just talk.

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
01-10-2005, 10:08 PM
The area that we have will accomodate 50 boats. You can view the pictures under news at www.bayareawatersports.com I would find a way to make room and position them accordinally. That would be AWESOME. Heck everyone make plans now Oct 15th 2005. Look for news on other planned reunions

Jim@BAWS

Leroy
01-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Mag; Sites are available! I spot checked a couple of dates. If not for a reunion, I'll try this for a family get away.

Looks like a great site.

http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/pao/lakeinfo/campgrnd.html

Area Name: OBEY RIVER PARK

Area Type: Both day use and camping. Received 284738 visitors last year.
Area Facilities:

Potable Water Facilities:Municipal
Sewage Treatment Facilities: Other
Flush/Vault Toilet Facilities: 6/0
Shower Facilities (with and without bathrooms): 4/0
Picnic Sites/Group Sites: 34/2
# of Parking Lots/Car Spaces/Trailer Space: 5/138/53
Trail Facilities:

Hiking/Interpretive Trails: 0/0
Camping Facilities:

Camp Sites/Group Sites: 132/0
Camp Sites with Hookups/Electric/Water/Sewer Facilities: 80/80/80/0
# of Sites where Fees are Charged: 132
Camp Site Fees without/Elec (low/high): $8/$15
Camp Site Fees w/Elec (low/high): $10/$18
Fee Collection Starts: 04/15
Water Based Facilities

Swimming Areas/Bath Changing Facilities: 1/1
Launch Ramps/Launch Lanes: 2/4
# of Courtesy Docks: 2

JEREMY79
01-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I know we are in and my uncle who has an '80 S&S is in. 'cause thats where we ski anyway. :headbang:

costal190
03-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Looks & Sounds like a Great place to have a Reunion!

Cloaked
03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Misses '79 says:
That we need to have a reunion at Dale Hollow Lake this summer. This is the greatest lake in Kentucky/Tennessee in our opinion. For the first time I think I must agree with her. :uglyhammeCenter Hill, hands down. Motels available and is easy access from all directions. Skiing water abundant, where creeks run for miles outside of the open water. There would be motels available on every side of the lake. I have been on both DH and CH (living in between them for 23 years, Cookeville, TN) and IMHO, CH is by far a much easier place to visit and is a gorgeous lake. Camp grounds galore, boat docks, as well as cabins, and motels nearby. Two different ski clubs flagship on CH and will share two courses and one jump, all in secluded coves for great skiing water.

Mag_Red
03-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Well let's get this party started then..........I'm open to any suggestions. I'm more familar with the East end of the lake, but anyplace is fine with me. :friday:

bradamerry
03-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Well let's get this party started then..........I'm open to any suggestions. I'm more familar with the East end of the lake, but anyplace is fine with me. :friday:
Mag, are you already backing out of Greeson :confused: ??

Mag_Red
03-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Mag, are you already backing out of Greeson :confused: ?? LOL I can't committ to anything...... Summer is plain crazy for me in the construction business. I make a note of the things I would like to do......and then see, when the time draws near, if it's feasable. Business comes first Mi Amigo!

André
03-06-2005, 08:16 AM
LOL I can't committ to anything...... Summer is plain crazy for me in the construction business. I make a note of the things I would like to do......and then see, when the time draws near, if it's feasable. Business comes first Mi Amigo!

Business= Money over friends and enjoying life ??? :eek:

Priorities Mag!!!

Mag_Red
03-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Business= Money over friends and enjoying life ??? :eek:

Priorities Mag!!!Not so simple my Canadian brother. I built this business over the last 15 years.......no business......no income.
No income......... No boat
No boat........ well that's just unthinkable :(

On the positive side........I have no problem getting away for a week-end. It's getting away for an entire week, during the Summer, that sometimes presents problems. :wavey:

BriEOD
03-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Mag's got to make some money for his ladies!! :D

Mag_Red
03-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Mag's got to make some money for his ladies!! :DNO No no..........They pay their own way Hosea ;)

BriEOD
03-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Suuuurrreeee!

JEREMY79
03-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Mag, I hear you man ......NO INCOME = NO BOAT

On the other hand We are up for Center Hill. Lets Get this ball rolling!!

Leroy
03-06-2005, 11:33 AM
I would like to go DH or CH in mid/late June. Son's HS soccer tryouts start last week of July. Also want to go to Cumberland this year also. Probably long weekends also, but maybe the week.

Let's keep narrowing in on a date.

Stritt
03-07-2005, 09:24 AM
A Memorial weekend reunion would be a good option for the factory reunion, my only concern is the weather seems to be hit or miss in KY/TN. My time in the midwest traveling down from Indiana to Dale Hollow or Cumberland on that long weekend usually included sweats and sweatshirts and rain gear.

Mag_Red
03-07-2005, 09:44 AM
I agree......how about mid Summer?? We were at Dale Hollow mid June last year..........nothing but cold and rainy :noface:

Stritt
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
We are in the process of planning our annual 1k drive from Orlando to Dale Hollow or Cumberland. I think this year we are going to push it back to the end of July instead of the 4th holiday. Warmer water temps and less boat traffic. Now it would be really nice to have a reunion during that time frame! Have also kicked around Center Hill Lake, anyone have a good lead on lodging? We jump off 75 in Chattanoga and shoot up 27(??) through Cookeville and pass signs for the lake on the way to the Hollow. We have camped in the past and the wife said that those days are OVER. Can't say I don't agree. We have stayed at Wisdom and Wolf River on Dale Hollow and Grider Hill and Conley Bottom on Cumberland. Any input would be appreciated.

Cloaked
03-07-2005, 05:30 PM
We are in the process of planning our annual 1k drive from Orlando to Dale Hollow or Cumberland. I think this year we are going to push it back to the end of July instead of the 4th holiday. Warmer water temps and less boat traffic. Now it would be really nice to have a reunion during that time frame! Have also kicked around Center Hill Lake, anyone have a good lead on lodging? We jump off 75 in Chattanoga and shoot up 27(??) through Cookeville and pass signs for the lake on the way to the Hollow. We have camped in the past and the wife said that those days are OVER. Can't say I don't agree. We have stayed at Wisdom and Wolf River on Dale Hollow and Grider Hill and Conley Bottom on Cumberland. Any input would be appreciated.I have lived in Cookeville for 23 years. Feel free to call me. Center Hill will not disappoint you. PM me for my number please, at your convenience. Will be glad to assist. Lodging is available in Cookeville, or other surrounding towns, depending on which approach to the lake that you take. My advice would be to head to Cookeville, lodge there if it's hotel that you want, and come and go from there. Coming into Cookeville via 27 / 136 is the ticket. It's a new road through there, if you haven't been there recently. Easy travel from Chatt Town. Hurricane Dock is 23 miles away, Cookeville Boat Dock is 17 miles away, both easy travel with accommodating ramps and parking. If you want closer, I can recommend cabins at either dock, or cabins at Edgar Evans area (not my choice due to inconvenience) or I can recommend a wide spot in the road. LOL....

If you want to stay in Cookeville, I have (convenient and close) properties there that you can safely leave a boat overnight if you feel better than leaving it at a hotel. It (Cookeville) is a fairly safe area in general. Cookeville has all of the preferred generic franchise restaurants and a few local places that are excellent as well. Cookeville Dock has an excellent restaurant too. You'll like Center Hill.

Mag_Red
03-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Just found out my parents reserved three site at Obey River on Dale Hollow August 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. Guess I know when I'm going

Farmer Ted
03-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Mag, are you already backing out of Greeson :confused: ??

Dude,

Nikki's dad told her last night that if we don't use the pop-up this summer he's going to sell it....so how does an extra pop up factor into the big three?

I'm putting the boat back together this week and depending on what the weather is like this weekend, might take it out for a cruise.....

also got a line a a ski club near the GM plant on a 25 acre lake $75 a year dues, $100 to learn the secret handshake, blah blah blah... more to come

bradamerry
03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Not sure if we will have enough camping spots for an extra camper, except for Labor Day weekend. Limey is going to try and go up early(before the 4th) and try to get an extra spot.