PDA

View Full Version : NY boat show report...

Jerseydave
01-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I went yesterday. MC had a great display (as usual). Malibu and CC were there, but no one else. That should mean something right there.
(The only 3 serious ski boat companies, IMHO)

The new 230 is very nice, as is the new 245.

The new tower is beefier (3" tubing) than before, however I like the looks of the old style, the way it follows the lines of the windshield frame. Does anyone have a rattle issue with the old style? I'm looking at a 2002 X30 with that tower.

Both the 230 and 245 now have a step in the hull, but I see no speed increase according to waterski mag boat buyers guide. Another reason for the step?

The 245 has a mondo-big drivers seat, I can sit in it and have 4" on either side of me. Good for some I guess, but I like a snugger fit.
I not crazy for the "pod" style guages or the pickle-fork design either, but it is different.

Everything about these boats screams quality, and I feel once again that Mastercraft is leading the way in the ski boat business.
Like they say, there's a reason why it's not called master-slap-it-together. :D

Dave

redline
01-08-2005, 05:30 PM
The 2006 Maristar 230/X-30 was not tested by Water Ski Mag. The 05 was tested. The '06 is very, very new, in fact that's probably one of the first production units in the country.

PV

Jerseydave
01-09-2005, 10:10 AM
The 2006 Maristar 230/X-30 was not tested by Water Ski Mag. The 05 was tested. The '06 is very, very new, in fact that's probably one of the first production units in the country.

PV

You're right, the 230 at the show came directly from MC to NY, the dealer told me.
Today's the last day, so go to the show if you can. :)

mitch
01-10-2005, 09:50 AM
NJSkier, I have a 2002 tower and have no rattle issues. I went to the NY show as well, and MC clearly stood out among the big 3. It was interesting to see Bu right across from MC as well. Boston show usually seperates them a bit more. The new tower is growing on me, as it's very functional and rock solid. If I were going 05, no doubt I'd go w/ the new tower. I would like to see it follow the windshield lines better, but visibility was fine. I'd go PS209 w/ a tower, ballast, PPWBPro, heat, shower, pimp tunes. Very nice!