PDA

View Full Version : When you where 25

Jim@BAWS
01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
When I Was Married 25 Years, I Took A Look At My Wife One Day And Said, "honey, 25 Years Ago We Had A Cheap Apartment, A Cheap Car, Slept On A Sofa Bed And Watched A 10-inch Black And White Tv, But I Got To Sleep Every Night With A Hot 25-year-old Blond."

Now We Have A $500,000.00 Home, A $45,000.00 Car, Nice Big Bed And Plasma Screen Tv, But I'm Sleeping With A 50-year-old Woman. It Seems To Me That You Are Not Holding Up Your Side Of Things." My Wife Is A Very Reasonable Woman. She Told Me To Go Out And Find A Hot 25-year-old Blonde, And She Would Make Sure That I Would Once Again Be Living In A Cheap Apartment, Driving A Cheap Car, Sleeping On A Sofa Bed And Watching A 10-inch Black And White Tv. Aren't Older Women Great? They Really Know How To Solve Your Mid-life Crises!

Signed Skidog Ha Ha Ha

RexDog1
01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
I file it under cheaper to keeper her…….:)

Hi deer, I am going to be killed when I get home…………… :eek3:.....lol

TMCNo1
01-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Sounds like "Morning Joke".

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling
at the front door, who do you let in first?
The Dog of course...at least he'll shut up after you let him in!

SkiDog
01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
When I Was Married 25 Years, I Took A Look At My Wife One Day And Said, "honey, 25 Years Ago We Had A Cheap Apartment, A Cheap Car, Slept On A Sofa Bed And Watched A 10-inch Black And White Tv, But I Got To Sleep Every Night With A Hot 25-year-old Blond."

Now We Have A $500,000.00 Home, A $45,000.00 Car, Nice Big Bed And Plasma Screen Tv, But I'm Sleeping With A 50-year-old Woman. It Seems To Me That You Are Not Holding Up Your Side Of Things." My Wife Is A Very Reasonable Woman. She Told Me To Go Out And Find A Hot 25-year-old Blonde, And She Would Make Sure That I Would Once Again Be Living In A Cheap Apartment, Driving A Cheap Car, Sleeping On A Sofa Bed And Watching A 10-inch Black And White Tv. Aren't Older Women Great? They Really Know How To Solve Your Mid-life Crises!

Signed Skidog Ha Ha Ha

Thats funny, I musta been drunk when I said that, cause I sure don't remember that!

Hoosier Bob
01-31-2007, 09:26 PM
This is an old joke but a woman awoke to find her husband of twenty years crying in the basement corner. She asked him what was so wrong. He repied, "remember that day your father said I better marry you or else I would go to jail?" She said yes and he said, "I would have gotten out today!":o

Slinkyredfoot
01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Ameeeen.....

dapicatti
01-31-2007, 09:48 PM

Signed Skidog Ha Ha Ha

My wife has the same idea- "Go ahead and get a new girlfriend.....just write out a great big check at the same time and we will be fine."

Monte
01-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Only been married 8yrs.... yesterday.... she's 28... This thread is scary.........

Chief
01-31-2007, 09:59 PM
The way I see it: I'm too old to think about happiness. :) I also never want to know another person as well as I know my wife of 17 years, vice versa.

Wife once asked if I was having an affair: My response, why in the hell would I want two f'ing headaches!

dapicatti
01-31-2007, 10:16 PM
The way I see it: I'm too old to think about happiness. :) I also never want to know another person as well as I know my wife of 17 years, vice versa........

Very true. Been married 14 years, dated for 8 years before that. Why would I want to start over.:confused:

Rich_G
01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
My wife and I came to an agreement a long time ago. If either one of us ever decides to leave, that person gets custody of the kids.

It never even comes up:love:

Monte
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Now that............... is amo..........

JimN
01-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Older coupe is sitting at the breakfast table and the wife gets up, walks to her husband and smacks him upside the head. He picks himself up form the floor and asked, "What was that for?". She said, "That's for 35 years of bad sex". He shrugs his shoulders and after a couple of minutes, he goes around to her side and smacks her upside the head. She asks, "What was that for?" and he said, "That's for knowing the difference!".

djhuff
02-01-2007, 08:22 AM
My wife tells me that if I ever leave, she is keeping the boat. doesn't care about anything else, but she is keeping the boat.

billr
02-01-2007, 08:49 AM
An old friend used to say, " I wouldn't take a million dollars for my wife. But if something were to happen to her, I wouldn't give you a dime for another one like her." 36 years with the same woman, I must be doing something right.

TMCNo1
02-01-2007, 09:10 AM
An old friend used to say, " I wouldn't take a million dollars for my wife. But if something were to happen to her, I wouldn't give you a dime for another one like her." 36 years with the same woman, I must be doing something right.

Dec 5 was 36 years and I'm still trying to figure what I did right!

sizzler
02-01-2007, 09:11 AM

Signed Skidog Ha Ha Ha
hmmmmm...........this is soooo true it hurts

trickskier
02-01-2007, 09:26 AM
I'll be married 23 years this year. Wife is 42 and I'm 50. She's still HOT and I couldn't ask for a better mate.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-01-2007, 09:31 AM
OOOO! wise words here! Dont think I am ignoring this..... Master Hoosier has been teaching me to be wise. He says one day I will be as wise as he, and then it will be my turn to carry the torch of perpetual bachelors into the future. :cool:

All yous guys pressuring me to get married just want me to be as miserable as you!:D

RexDog1
02-01-2007, 10:14 AM
OOOO! wise words here! Dont think I am ignoring this..... Master Hoosier has been teaching me to be wise. He says one day I will be as wise as he, and then it will be my turn to carry the torch of perpetual bachelors into the future. :cool:

All yous guys pressuring me to get married just want me to be as miserable as you!

UMP

I never knew true happiness tell I got married ………

then it was to late :cool: + 8p = :mad: wife

02-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Point taken Rex....point taken.

sizzler
02-01-2007, 10:49 AM
wheres lakes rick when ya need him

suedv
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
We're happy at our house. :love:

Davo
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Sometimes I want to revert back to that cheap apartment, cheap car, cheap women, etc.

02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
wheres lakes rick when ya need him
TRU DAT! word up to that Sizzler my brutha!:toast:

suedv
02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Sometimes I want to revert back to that cheap apartment, cheap car, cheap women, etc.

My :twocents: short-term pleasures aren't ever worth long-term heartaches. Cheap, cheap, cheap, no, no, no

trickskier
02-01-2007, 11:05 AM
My :twocents: short-term pleasures aren't ever worth long-term heartaches. Cheap, cheap, cheap, no, no, no
I agree 100%

02-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Davo, I think I am striking a happy medium. Not going to either extreme. No cheap apartments, decent house. NO cheap women, nice girlfriend. No cheap cars, decent truck. I just dont see marraige being for me. I see to many unhappy people in my age range that are married. Life is different now than when the generation before us got married. I read about this stuff once. this stuff really started to change in the 60's and 70's cuz society was changing so fast. Before that, most young people had much more in common, they way of life was different then. People married mates that they were socially compatible with. Most people lived similar lifestyles then, by comparison to today. Today there is so much variety, short attention span, lack of commitment. its scary. people marry people that are arent truly compatible with, and thus problems happen. Difference of opinions are natural, but when it happens too much, it festers, and grows and gets to be a real problem. then people split up. sad cycle really. I am very wary of it. :o

02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Dont get me wrong peeps. I am not talking about infedelity, wanting to cavort around with floosies at will. I have no problem with being faithful. I am talking about NOT losing my arse in a de-vorce. I dont want that looming over my head. Ive worked hard for what I have, and I dont want to lose it.

Sodar
02-01-2007, 11:25 AM
On one of my more serious notes... I agree with ya UMP! I think that the institution of marriage is decreasing more and more every minute. And the risk of losing everything is more imminent than ever in divorces.

I come from a good home with the quint essential suburbia lifestyle. I have awesome parents that truly love each other after 27 years of marriage (sometimes their love is over the top when they act like teenagers in love, but thats OK!). I am not going to lie, I would love to have this for myself. The stability that each of my parents provide for one another is a really cool thing and I hope that I find it someday, but I am slowly loosing faith...

With a 57% divorce rate in Southern California, it makes me very worried, that marriages are destined to fail. For all those who are still together after several years, I commend you, truly. I think that "the grass is always greener on the other side." I believe that if all of you think deeply about what you had at my age (23) and what you have now, you should feel proud and fortunate!

SERIOUSNESS OVER! Lets have fun!!

#47of100TeamMC
02-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Your wife monitors this thread doesn't she...8p

I'll be married 23 years this year. Wife is 42 and I'm 50. She's still HOT and I couldn't ask for a better mate.

TMCNo1
02-01-2007, 11:45 AM
All yous guys pressuring me to get married just want me to be as miserable as you!:D

Misery love company!:rolleyes:

suedv
02-01-2007, 11:49 AM
How 'bout this. I'm not perfect (I'm sure I bug Rick at times) and Rick's not perfect either. So we have a perfectly good, imperfect marriage with commitment. :)

02-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Sodar, you metioned a 57% divorce rate, which is pretty typical anywhere in the US. NOW! the big kicker! the amount of UNHAPPY married couples is about half of that! so only around 20% of married couples are still together and the key, they are HAPPY. I know many couples that probably wont get divorced, but are and will remain unhappy. that scares me too.

Dont get my wrong, I am not a rich man. Its not like I have alot to loose. I dont have much, but in my eyes, its alot. I dont drive new vehicles. not keepin up with the jones thing. I live modestly, but I dont want to lose what I DO have. cuz then, I would be scraping, and I dont want that. I see people financially messed up in divorce all the time. THe deal is, I have built what I have on my own. I am 34, I didnt start out with a wife at age 20 and build it all with her. I got everything on my own, so I dont want to get married and then lose it. thats BS.

suedv
02-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Sodar, you metioned a 57% divorce rate, which is pretty typical anywhere in the US. NOW! the big kicker! the amount of UNHAPPY married couples is about half of that! so only around 20% of married couples are still together and the key, they are HAPPY. I know many couples that probably wont get divorced, but are and will remain unhappy. that scares me too.

Dont get my wrong, I am not a rich man. Its not like I have alot to loose. I dont have much, but in my eyes, its alot. I dont drive new vehicles. not keepin up with the jones thing. I live modestly, but I dont want to lose what I DO have. cuz then, I would be scraping, and I dont want that. I see people financially messed up in divorce all the time. THe deal is, I have built what I have on my own. I am 34, I didnt start out with a wife at age 20 and build it all with her. I got everything on my own, so I dont want to get married and then lose it. thats BS.

UMP it just depends on how much you want marriage and how much you trust her. I remember laying in bed losing sleep the night before Rick and I got married wondering what would happen if after we got married I realized he was jerk. However, I believed he wasn't a jerk. I knew I just had to trust my judgement and feelings and go for it.

I think with marriage it is really getting to know/understand yourself and and the person you will marry well, following you heart, and then if you're going to do it make a lasting commitment.

RexDog1
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Ok …………….

A marriage is a contract, when you get marred it is Love and Sex………..
And all that junk…….. I married a woman a lot younger than myself
For my immaturity and her maturity it was a match …….
(Leave it to an Engineer to look marriage like that)
IMO the only reason to get marred is for the Kids………
Look you can live with someone for years without a peace of paper
And be very happy………………………….
The trick when you are marred is to keep fun…it is easy to fall into a rut
When you have kids, you are working, going to soccer, BMX racing
Gymnastics, School, homework, church and so on……….my wife and my self are going into two different directions at the same time

How do you keep a marriage together you ask??????

Well it is Boating it is the one time we are all together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you MasterCraft…….

And yes my wife monitors TT

Sodar
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
UMP it just depends on how much you want marriage and how much you trust her. I remember laying in bed losing sleep the night before Rick and I got married wondering what would happen if after we got married I realized he was jerk. However, I believed he wasn't a jerk. I knew I just had to trust my judgement and feelings and go for it.

I think with marriage it is really getting to know/understand yourself and and the person you will marry well, following you heart, and then if you're going to do it make a lasting commitment.

I think that this is tougher now, than ever though! I know my generation has a huge problem and that has been the moms that live vicariously through their daughters and pressure non-sense marriages for the benefit of personal gain! All I know is that a pre-nup will be written prior to any wedding ceremony and I would expect the same from any woman who walks into a marriage with something to lose...

02-01-2007, 12:50 PM
All I know is that a pre-nup will be written prior to any wedding ceremony and I would expect the same from any woman who walks into a marriage with something to lose...

TRU DAT!

Wise words my brutha, VERY wise words! :toast:

suedv
02-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok …………….

A marriage is a contract, when you get marred it is Love and Sex………..
And all that junk…….. I married a woman a lot younger than myself
Look you can live with someone for years without a peace of paper
And be very happy………………………….
The trick when you are marred is to keep fun…it is easy to fall into a rut
When you have kids, you are working, going to soccer, BMX racing
Gymnastics, School, homework, church and so on……….my wife and my self are going into two different directions at the same time

How do you keep a marriage together you ask??????

Well it is Boating it is the one time we are all together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you MasterCraft…….

And yes my wife monitors TT

Rex is right!!! You've gotta make time to have fun. Boating, camping, etc. Our MasterCraft and show skiing is a BIG part of the fun. The whole family gets involved.

Sodar
02-01-2007, 12:58 PM
…….. I married a woman a lot younger than myself

I love all three of these lines! I agree, that if I did not want to have kids, marriage would not even be a consideration...

02-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Well, I dont think I want kids. SO maybe I should never get married. the idea of having kids scares the hell outta me!

RexDog1
02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I dont think I want kids. SO maybe I should never get married. the idea of having kids scares the hell outta me!

And me my friend …..And me………..:rolleyes:

Sodar
02-01-2007, 01:07 PM

In all honesty, I would agree... Would a peice of paper really make your love that much stronger???

If you do not want kids, all marriage is is a business transaction. As my man Mr. Walter Matthau once said, "I would love for you to put your name on my checkbook!"... or something to that effect... I can not find the exact quote!

h20_skidog
02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm sorry...but looking at your post COMBINED with your current signature having 'FOR SALE' could be construed as you're selling the boat so that you could go and find a 25 year old. 8p

Sodar
02-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm sorry...but looking at your post COMBINED with your current signature having 'FOR SALE' could be construed as you're selling the boat so that you could go and find a 25 year old. 8p

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme Too Funny!!

bcampbe7
02-01-2007, 01:52 PM

I don't think you should have kids either, UMP! The World is not ready for another lil' UMP. :D J/K...

I will say this. Had someone told me kids were this fun I would have had one when I was 20! My son is only 5 months old, but he is a blast! I am 29 and my wife is 30. We were married for about 5.5 years before we had our son.

trickskier
02-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Your wife monitors this thread doesn't she...8p
No believe it or not she gets on me for me on it so much........8p

TX.X-30 fan
02-01-2007, 02:01 PM
The top ten reasons why men are reluctant to commit to marriage, according to a new report from the National Marriage Project of Rutgers University:

1. They can get sex without marriage more easily than in times past.

2. They can enjoy the benefits of having a wife by cohabiting rather than marrying.

3. They want to avoid divorce and its financial risks.

4. They want to wait until they are older to have children.

5. They fear that marriage will require too many changes and compromises.

6. They are waiting for the perfect soul mate, and she hasn't yet appeared.

7. They face few social pressures to marry.

8. They are reluctant to marry a woman who already has children.

9. They want to own a house before they get a wife.

10. They want to enjoy single life as long as they can

pq2
02-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I think I will get married next year, as Sodar said I was raised in a great family, I wish mine will be even better. I really wish to have kids and try them to live the great things I had lived and much more. Since I was a kid I always had the support of my parents and also we had all the water sports to keep us togheter. Time and love is the key for everything.

trickskier
02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
I didn't want to have kids either. However, I can tell you that other than my wife, they are the best thing that has ever happened in my life. :D

Sodar
02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Ah Heck.... Why am I trying to fight it!! I got married last year to my high school sweetheart Barbara Jean, me and her have been best buds since the third grade, when we used to catch rats running from trailer to trailer. She is so smart, she almost even graduated from the sixth grade... I only made it to the fourth. Here is our wedding picture:

RexDog1
02-01-2007, 03:35 PM
I didn't want to have kids either. However, I can tell you that other than my wife, they are the best thing that has ever happened in my life. :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you big softy http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_106.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

TMCNo1
02-01-2007, 04:53 PM

Nothing to it, a most wonderful thing, but a child takes 9 mos. to get here, just like a Monza shipped USPS!:uglyhamme :popcorn: :toast:

02-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Nothing to it, a most wonderful thing, but a child takes 9 mos. to get here, just like a Monza shipped USPS!:uglyhamme :popcorn: :toast:
Oooooo, that hurt......:uglyhamme

Hoosier Bob
02-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I have to agree here! With a 57% divorce rate chances are that married hottie down the street will be available any time now! Why the heck would I get married when I can lease?:o Thanks Sodar I will no longer have any trouble explaining my situation!:D On one of my more serious notes... I agree with ya UMP! I think that the institution of marriage is decreasing more and more every minute. And the risk of losing everything is more imminent than ever in divorces.

I come from a good home with the quint essential suburbia lifestyle. I have awesome parents that truly love each other after 27 years of marriage (sometimes their love is over the top when they act like teenagers in love, but thats OK!). I am not going to lie, I would love to have this for myself. The stability that each of my parents provide for one another is a really cool thing and I hope that I find it someday, but I am slowly loosing faith...

With a 57% divorce rate in Southern California, it makes me very worried, that marriages are destined to fail. For all those who are still together after several years, I commend you, truly. I think that "the grass is always greener on the other side." I believe that if all of you think deeply about what you had at my age (23) and what you have now, you should feel proud and fortunate!

SERIOUSNESS OVER! Lets have fun!!