PDA

View Full Version : My yard in the summer

suedv
01-31-2007, 01:28 PM
I was looking through some pictures today and came across these. Since I showed you pictures of my trees in the winter I though I would let you see the nice shade they make in the summer. Here are a few pictures of my yard in July of 2005 (http://picasaweb.google.com/Sue.DeVries/Yard73105). I've actually made some nice improvements since then.

This spring I have some big garden projects in the plans. I can't wait.

By the way, I hate my neighbor's ugly red fence.

chudson
01-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Do you have a garden walk in your town? If not you should, that looks super!!!

TMCNo1
01-31-2007, 01:34 PM
suedv, Wow, that looks like Disney World, seriously!

sanjuan23
01-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Sue it looks great!

east tx skier
01-31-2007, 02:39 PM
My yard tends to get neglected when it's warm enough to hit the water.

Ric
01-31-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm not buying it Sue
I think that with your camera skills, you could make MY yard look that good!

suedv
01-31-2007, 02:54 PM
This is the part of the yard I don't control. The driveway isn't mine. :D

We end up with our boats, team boats, old boats that are getting worked on for some reason or another...

Rick humors me with my garden interests and so I say he can do whatever he wants with boats, trailers, etc.

dapicatti
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
You are a very understanding woman. I am sure he appreciates it.

Leroy
01-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Nice setting I like that! It's all about compromises right?

dapicatti
01-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I forgot to tell you how impressive your yard is. It is really nice.

suedv
02-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Nice setting I like that! It's all about compromises right?

Thanks I'm glad you like it and yep, it is all about compromises. Rick and I have been married for 25 years. Beside being my husband he is my best friend too!

I like boating and work on learning how to help with the MasterCraft because it is important to him. He helps me with heavy stuff like builidng retaining walls since his muscles work better than mine for really heavy stuff. We're happy and it's all good in the end. :)

Mag_Red
02-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Sue your yard looks great! I must be the only person that can't grow hostas:confused: I have a bunch of BIG Sugar Maples, but I can't get a single hosta to grow beneath them. My yard is mostly shade like yours.

suedv
02-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Sue your yard looks great! I must be the only person that can't grow hostas:confused: I have a bunch of BIG Sugar Maples, but I can't get a single hosta to grow beneath them. My yard is mostly shade like yours.

Mag,
Maple trees in general have very shallow root systems. They need the water and they take it so there isn't much available for other surface plants. Ya know, the big guy wins. That plus all the dense shade they produce is why people often have a hard time growing grass under maples as well.

PM me if you want some suggestions for under your maples.

chudson
02-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Mag,
Maple trees in general have very shallow root systems. They need the water and they take it so there isn't much available for other surface plants. Ya know, the big guy wins. That plus all the dense shade they produce is why people often have a hard time growing grass under maples as well.

PM me if you want some suggestions for under your maples.

My wife has some hostas under a maple and she has soaker hose wrapped all around them going from one to the other and she waters them every other night, hope that helps!!!