PDA

View Full Version : Pending Retirement

east tx skier
01-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Good morning, everyone. Last Thursday, I notified site administration of my intention to retire from my position as a moderator of this forum. That letter read, in pertinent part, as follows:

Dear [TMC]:

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to retire from my duties as a moderator on the Team Talk discussion forum. Recently, greater demands on my time have diminished my ability to maintain the necessary presence on the board to moderate a group of that size.

Moreover, I a believer in term limits. In my time as a moderator, Iíve had the privilege to learn a great deal about what goes on behind the scenes here. All in all, from my experience, Iíve come to appreciate the place a great deal more than I did before. If, by my stepping aside, other users are given the opportunity to have a similar experience, perhaps they, too, can gain a greater appreciation of this place that means so much to so many of us. I think that such a pattern of cyclical responsibility can ultimately foster an enhanced appreciation among users that will spread throughout the community.

Yeah, I know it sounds like I take this stuff way too seriously. But this assignment has proven a second chance to learn about sociology, inasmuch as I failed to regularly attend (or slept through when I did attend) the sociology class I took my freshman year of college. I will look back fondly on this experience. Nonetheless, it is time for me to step down.

I plan to remain an active user of the Team Talk forum. As I have often suggested, in the end, it is really up to the forum users to make this forum a place we enjoy. I plan to retain that feeling of responsibility, even absent a title.

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to contribute to MasterCraft and its online community. If, in the future, there are other ways I might contribute, please donít hesitate to drop me a line.

Sincerely,
Doug Ames /east tx skier

At Admin's request, Beau and I are currently discussing additional candidates to serve as moderators of this forum (there will soon be more than two). We have sent a short list of people to TMC for his approval. Given the size of this group, we undoubtedly overlooked a number of qualified candidates. So if you want to give this job a try, don't hesitate to contact Beau and TMC and let them know you are interested.

With great sincerity, you all are a great group of people. By and large, the moderator job was a rewarding one, and I thank you for making it so.

All the best,

Doug

/promised myself I wouldn't cry. ;)