PDA

View Full Version : Hydrofoil Jump Stunt

atlfootr
01-30-2007, 12:01 AM
STUNT JUNKIES
Episode 19: HYDROFOIL JUMP
Premieres: Feb. 5, 2007

Geno Yauchler wants to break the hydrofoil world record for a distance and height jump. But that's not all ... Geno plans on breaking this record by jumping over an oncoming boat that is speeding directly toward him.

For this spine-tingling stunt, Geno will be towed behind a boat at a speed upward of 45 mph, then launch off a wake that will be created by a huge, oncoming tugboat, and back-flip over an oncoming boat.

If he succeeds, the height and distance needed to clear the boats will both set hydrofoil world records.

jimmer2880
01-30-2007, 09:36 AM
STUNT JUNKIES
Episode 19: HYDROFOIL JUMP

Geno Yauchler wants to break the hydrofoil world record for a distance and height jump. But that's not all ... Geno plans on breaking this record by jumping over an oncoming boat that is speeding directly toward him.

For this spine-tingling stunt, Geno will be towed behind a boat at a speed upward of 45 mph, then launch off a wake that will be created by a huge, oncoming tugboat, and back-flip over an oncoming boat.

If he succeeds, the height and distance needed to clear the boats will both set hydrofoil world records.
Premiere: Feb. 5, 2007

and - if he fails, he'll be dead. Sounds awesome - but not for me.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
That was some stunt! It didn't look like there was much margin for error. Geno's really something on that foil and no slouch in other types of skiing either!

Jim@BAWS
02-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Man I wish I would have seen it...when is it on again

SkiDog
02-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Sorry, but yer 2 late!!!!!!!Discovery channel dicovered that the stunt was a hoax! Photoshoped even! I can't believe that Geno would do such a thing. Also, the girl that claimed to his wifey. NOT! She is actually posing as an UMP's Girls Gone Wild victim! Now if you really want to see it, I'll sell you a copy that I made on my Beta Max for the low, low price of $49.99. Now thats only for Jim@BAWS. Everybody else gas to pay $59.99. Please let me know asap, because they are going fast. A real collectors item!

vegashomeexpert
02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/beyond/index.html?playerId=203711706&categoryId=208816812&lineupId=164950249&titleId=464190668