PDA

View Full Version : Hey Granpa, Whats Fer Supper?!

SkiDog
01-28-2007, 07:41 PM
jUST HAD TO DO IT!

SkiDog
01-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Charcoal, the ONLY way to cook a steak like these!

Maristar210
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Roasted Peacock?

SkiDog
01-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Roasted Peacock?
:eek3: :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maristar210
01-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Dooker would. You know he would:D

BriEOD
01-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Dog--you need a Big Green Egg!! We had some 1" filets tonight over lump charcoal in the egg! Yum. Additionally, I cut up some potatos, sprayed them with "I can't believe it's not butter," dusted them with Lawry's, wrapped in foil and put them on the egg. I also did some carrots in the same way. It was good! Nothing like searing meat at 700+ degrees! ;)

SkiDog
01-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Dog--you need a Big Green Egg!! We had some 1" filets tonight over lump charcoal in the egg! Yum. Additionally, I cut up some potatos, sprayed them with "I can't believe it's not butter," dusted them with Lawry's, wrapped in foil and put them on the egg. I also did some carrots in the same way. It was good! Nothing like searing meat at 700+ degrees! ;)

I've got one. I just need some lessons. I've heard its great for steaks.

trickskier
01-29-2007, 04:17 PM
That's my next grill......I use lump coal along with some hickory chunks. Adds a really great flavor. :D

BriEOD
01-29-2007, 06:47 PM
The Egg rocks! We grill, smoke and even bake on it.

TX.X-30 fan
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Charcoal, the ONLY way to cook a steak like these!

Has that weber ever seen a brush. :confused: :confused: :confused:

trickskier
01-29-2007, 07:45 PM
That baby is WELL SEASONED!!!!! :D

SkiDog
01-29-2007, 08:06 PM

Easy TX! Man, I live on the coast with salt water in my backyard 24 hours a day. NOTHING holds up in this enviorment! My stainless grill is only 2 years old but looks 10 years old. Not a lot I can do. I will say though, that Webber is about 4.5 years old and still holding up pretty good, but it'll be time for a new one soon.:o

mattsn
01-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I have a Large BGE and my son also has one. Continual contest as to who can do the best steaks, fish, shrimp, ribs, etc. He can get me in the seafood dept, but if it has four legs, I am the winner.

If you don't have a BGE, you are not cookin'

TMCNo1
01-29-2007, 08:18 PM
That baby is WELL SEASONED!!!!! :D

Yea, I think I saw a peacock feather or 2 in edge of the ashes!:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

milkmania
01-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Easy TX! Man, I live on the coast with salt water in my backyard 24 hours a day. NOTHING holds up in this enviorment! My stainless grill is only 2 years old but looks 10 years old. Not a lot I can do. I will say though, that Webber is about 4.5 years old and still holding up pretty good, but it'll be time for a new one soon.:o

it's ok skidog......
it looks just like mine, except for the dent when it fell outta the truck:o

mine's 10 years old, and replaced the grill twice.....it looks like that very quickly

TMCNo1
01-29-2007, 08:43 PM

I guess that means you never have to add salt to anything you eat and the peacock will also be pre-seasoned and tenderized?:confused: :eek: :cool:

SkiDog
01-29-2007, 08:47 PM
I guess that means you never have to add salt to anything you eat and the peacock will also be pre-seasoned and tenderized?:confused: :eek: :cool:

Thats close to the way it is!

TMCNo1
01-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Thats close to the way it is!

Chicken stew, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, it's cold weather comfort food. Watch out for the bottom rockets though!