PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Top

fskof
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Has anyone purchased a bimini top from http://www.sewlong.com/ftt.htm
I have a 209 and I want to install a tower mount bimini top this spring. I'm considering one from http://www.towerbiminis.com/ but ran across this one and it looked decent. Just curious about the build quality before I fork over my hard earned $$$$

I also liked the tower covers that they sell.

ilikeitglacy
01-28-2007, 05:37 PM
i think the sunbrela looks nice but, is there a big enough difference on the price tag to buy other than MC's (that i know will fits nice and snug)...

Never2old
01-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I put the one on from towerbiminis.com on my 1998 Powerstar 200 with a 2001 Zero Flex Tower. The bimini works great, doesn't flap, it's super tight. I'm a believer in their product. Here's a pic.

Cousin_Jeff
01-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I bought one from towerbiminis.com also and have been very pleased with it. It fits very snuggly and does not flap at all. It also sits up out of the way. I went with them because they fit to my tower and did not have to do any permanent changes (ie screwing into fiberglas or the tower).

This is on a 2002 Prostar 197 with a 2004 Zero Flex tower.

Thrall
01-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Can't comment on Sewlong, but towerbiminis (Barrio's Upholstery) did a great job on mine. I don't know how much OEM biminis are, but I ended up just over $800 for mine (2 tone). Quality very good, order now though. I ordered mine end of May last year and it took almost 2 months to get it. They get real busy as the boating season comes around.

fskof
01-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Alright I decided to go with towerbiminis, now the question is whats the ideal color for a bimini top. Do the darker colors like Black provide better shade than a light color like gray or tan? Will black absorb heat and make it hotter under it? Just asking because I dont want to have any regrets after I purchase one.

I also have been told to go with stainless steel poles instead of the aluminum.

Which one did you guys get?

Thanks for the help and the pics.....YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!! :worthy:

east tx skier
01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I have a white one and would go white again if it matched.

FlatBoard
01-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Stainless Steal and custom made at a top shop if you can afford it. You won't be dissapointed. I agree, light colors better.

BrianM
01-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Alright I decided to go with towerbiminis, now the question is whats the ideal color for a bimini top. Do the darker colors like Black provide better shade than a light color like gray or tan? Will black absorb heat and make it hotter under it? Just asking because I dont want to have any regrets after I purchase one.

I also have been told to go with stainless steel poles instead of the aluminum.

Which one did you guys get?I have a black bimini and have not noticed any extra heat or shade under it than the white on my friends boat. I say get what colors look good with the boat.

Thanks for the help and the pics.....YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!! :worthy: I have a black bimini and have noticed no difference in heat or shade than my friends white one. Go with what looks best on the boat.

Stainless is expensive overkill unless you are using your boat in salt water.