PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboards

O2BESOHUGE
01-28-2007, 12:34 AM
What Kind And Where Did You Get Them? What Are You Guys Wakeboarding On? Anyone Kneeboarding Out There?

O2

Monte
01-28-2007, 12:43 AM
138 Hyperlyte Blyerly (my personnal favorite).... Hyperlite The State 142... The wife's ride is an Obrien Clutch 132

Leroy
01-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Hyperlite project 142 with Bob's hyperlite split bindings from Gaylons sporting goods. Hyperlite 121 for the kids from play it again sports.

kpgotgame
01-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Here are the boards on my boat.

I rode the 134 substance last year - awesome board, became the community board - I am 175pnds which is high end of the weight range for the board but I did not experience any problems with the board, in fact my one buddy is about 220lbs - he rode my board once and never used his again. Hyperlite highback bindings - the board looks red in the pic but it is actually orange.
I just bought the PS3 137 for the summer of 07 - good reviews and I am looking forward to getting on it. I also purchased liquid force team bindings for it.
My buddy rides the hyperlite era boards and loves them - hyperlite state bindings
My kids ride the hyperlite voyager 124 - liquid force bindings - stable and great for beginers
I am a big fan of Liquid Force, I have riden a few different hyperlite boards byerly,era and parks however I prefered my substance to any of them - could be influenced by the fact that the substance was mine but I don't think so.

I have had very good luck finding my boards on ebay - either close out deals from stores or personal sales. 5 boards purchased thusfar with no issues and huge savings. eg Paid $165 for my Liquid Force PS3 and only $105 for the LF Team bindings - both new.

wakebrdr142
01-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Grizzly Sports use to be a great place to get good deals on boards. They also sell on ebay.
I ride an 02 and 03 Hyperlite Byerly 142 DNA.

off-axis
01-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Right now an 06 Gator Boards Gonzales 138 with Closed Toe Murray Bindings

^ For Sale if interested!

On the way Ronix One with Ronix One boots.

www.LiquidSportsOnline.com These guys can hook you up!

Footin
01-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I bought an Obrien Science from Overtons two years ago and have been very happy with it. I was "last years" colors so it was about half price.

dapicatti
01-28-2007, 02:52 PM
We have the Hyperlite State w/ State bindings (06) and the Hyperlite Divine with symbol bidnings(06) for my wife. Both worked well for beginners- we taught lots of people to wakeboard this year with them.
Try wakeside.com- they have a great program- no sales tax because they ship from Oregon and sometimes offer free shipping. Also have a buyers reward program where you earn $$ for future shopping.

O2BESOHUGE
01-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Right now an 06 Gator Boards Gonzales 138 with Closed Toe Murray Bindings

^ For Sale if interested!

On the way Ronix One with Ronix One boots.

www.LiquidSportsOnline.com These guys can hook you up!

DO YOU HAVE PICS OF IT?

kazzapped
01-28-2007, 03:07 PM
i have last years CWB Absolute 141 with cwb zeus w/ hinge bindings
i defenitly recomend the board, but not the bindings. i do not like the hinge.

however having a board with hinge bindings (like the torq) for beginners or your weekend visitors is a pretty sweet deal since it fits a wider range of feet.

I bought a bunch of this stuff at buywake.com last year. what ever items they couldnt getright away, they gave me 10% off either on a replacement or to wait for the item to come in. i'd recomend it

O2BESOHUGE
01-28-2007, 03:29 PM
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS BOARD?

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/HY_5SDqq

HYPERLITE MOTIVE

RexDog1
01-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Ronix boards have good pop off the wake, I am a CWB fan, there are a bit slower than other boards, (but so am I) find a good pro shop that has a rent to own program
Try out about 3/5 boards I have been through about 10 boards tell I found the one I like
What is your size? And weight?
I have the same set up as Kazzapped “and I love it” but everybody is different so try out as many boards you can PM me, I have a good hook up with CWB if you would like to go that way?

tex
01-28-2007, 04:19 PM
I only ride Skurfer!

2QWICK
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
CWB for me and the wife...

Harvey
01-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I ride a 06 Liquid Force PS3 with Ultra Sucs bindings. Prior to that I rode a 02 Hyperlite Byerly with Ultra Sucs. Both are solid boards but very difficult to ride for the beginner. If you are just starting out then try something with a continuous rocker. If you are comfortable on a board then you can try different variations.

The one thing I recomend is to demo. Demo, demo, demo. Find the board you like to ride by demoing them. Most shops will put your demo fee towards the purchase of a new board so you pay for one as you try different boards.