PDA

View Full Version : FBI Joins Killing Suspect

atlfootr
01-26-2007, 09:20 PM
By Gabrielle Finley (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:NewWindow%28376,130,%27/apps/pbcs.dll/personalia?ID=gabfin&category=STAFF%27%29;)
The Ledger

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070118/NEWS/701180466/-1/NEWS26

FBI Joins Inquiry in Killing of Suspect
Officers launched search, shot man 68 times after Polk deputy's gun death.
Officers launched search, shot man 68 times after
Polk deputy's gun death.

LAKELAND - The FBI is the latest of several law enforcement agencies to investigate the shooting of 27-year-old Angilo Freeland, who was found, then shot and killed by SWAT team members Sept. 29. The day before, police said, Freeland shot and killed 39-year-old Polk County Sheriff's Deputy Matt Williams and his police dog, Diogi.

Freeland also shot Deputy Doug Speirs in the leg and tried to shoot two Lakeland police officers, sheriff's officials said.

White cops, Black suspect ... so
You know it's a totally racial motivated when :rant:

In December, the U.S. Department of Justice asked the FBI to review the shooting of Freeland after the department received a letter from the Florida Civil Rights Association, which called Freeland's shooting "profoundly disturbing."

(http://llimg.ny.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=LL&Date=20070118&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=701180466&Ref=AR&Profile=1004&MaxW=580&title=1)

Mag_Red
01-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Hell you should live in Cincinnat. Never met a people that felt more persecuted, the perennial victim. I get sick of it too:mad:

atlfootr
01-26-2007, 09:33 PM
If you ask me, he was pretty damn lucky to be shot only 68 times by that many police and other agenices.:D
That SOB's luckly that I wasn't there, w/ a AK47 or even a Taser.

Mag_Red
01-26-2007, 09:34 PM
If you ask me, he was pretty damn lucky to be shot only 68 times by that many police and other agenices.:D
That SOB's luckly that I wasn't there, w/ a AK47 or even a Taser.I didn't see his pic when I replied.......looks like I'll have a new avatar:D

atlfootr
01-26-2007, 09:39 PM
The Polk County Sheriff's Office has released the tape of dispatch calls related to the shooting death
of Polk Sheriff's Deputy Matt Williams and his K9 partner Diogi on Sept. 28. 2006
Time : 1:52:58
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061006/NEWS26/61006005

atlfootr
01-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I didn't see his pic when I replied.......looks like I'll have a new avatar:DI wouldn't give him, the satisfaction.

PendO
01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
The FBI never gets involved (IMO) untill you have to start counting bullets on more than two hands ... but hell, its not like the FBI always does it right, just ask Randy Weaver and his dead wife and son from Ruby Ridge up in my neck of the woods in 1992.

68 rounds is excessive, especialy when you have comments about "running out of bullets (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/10/5/188184.html?title=Family%20of%20Angilo%20Freeland% 20holds%20news%20conference)" ... I have no idea on whether deadly force was justified, but I will assume it was (for argument sake) ... however, when you have that many rounds you have to wonder if it becomes more like an execution and less of a "justifiable use of deadly force"... 68 rounds, say it slow, 68 rounds. If I ever shoot something 68 times you can sure as hell bet I am seeking some sort of revenge.

Heartfelt condolences for the officer's family. Tragic:(

TX.X-30 fan
01-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Let me tell you bunch of barefootin, banjo playin, beer drinkin, bu boat wana bee's did it ever cross your minds Mr. freeland fired his weapon accidentally several times at multiple police officers and (1) k9 officer. :confused: :rolleyes:

Chief
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm going out on a limb here, but I have never been scared of controversy. Why is it always a white and black thing in these shooting incidents? A white cop shows up and there's a black thug committing a crime and has a gun and when the black criminal is shot and killed it's has to be racial. What happens when a black cop shoots a white guy and kills, there is no uproar about that? It does happen..... Even when a black shoots another black then it's the whole police department. Not that the black suspect was brandishing a weapon and making provoking gestures with the weapon. Just saw tonight on news here in Jacksonville about a shooting of a black suspect and the "new black panthers of Islam" are raising a big stink about the whole thing. Due process will sort out the bad cops, but this is America and those cops lay their lives on the line every night just like the military and if they are put into a life threating situation then by god they have the right to defend themselves.

These cops are not just jumping out of their cars gunning down black people. If you are F'ing up no matter what color you are and you have a weapon then expect to have your *** shot. These cops want to go home too.

PendO
01-26-2007, 10:42 PM
These cops want to go home too.

68 rounds hit the target, over 100 were fired ... separate the two incidents

Chief
01-26-2007, 10:55 PM
68 rounds hit the target, over 100 were fired ... separate the two incidents

Looks like they need somemore range time.

PendO
01-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Looks like they need somemore range time.

agreed ... and no wonder they need the hi cap mags

Leroy
01-26-2007, 11:21 PM
The guy already killed one cop and shot couple more. I think anyone that does this should shot on sight, don't risk anymore good people for cop killers, white, black or other.

milkmania
01-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't give him, the satisfaction.

unless crosshairs were photochopped in;)

shepherd
01-27-2007, 01:23 AM
If you ask me, he was pretty damn lucky to be shot only 68 times by that many police.

Yeah... lucky bustard!!! :D:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
01-27-2007, 09:03 AM
"Give and ye shall receive", the perp gave and the perp received! Whats wrong with the police being in a giving mood?

SkiDog
01-27-2007, 09:39 AM
:confused: "Give and ye shall receive", the perp gave and the perp received! Whats wrong with the police being in a giving mood?

If I were to form an 'ALL WHITE' peacock club, do you thing I would be called a racist?:confused:

TMCNo1
01-27-2007, 02:19 PM
:confused:

If I were to form an 'ALL WHITE' peacock club, do you thing I would be called a racist?:confused:

Naw, probably a "Peacockist"!