PDA

View Full Version : wat up with waterski mag

rodltg2
01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
i sign up on waterkimag.com for the free issue. it said if you like mag then pay 9.97 for a year subscription. well about month later i get the bill for 9.97, i paid it, they cashed my check and still no magazine :confused: :confused:

KnoxX2
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds like you got screwed. I had same problem wiyh wakeboard Mag and had to call them. Still took 2 months to get my first issue!!!!! Good luck!

east tx skier
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm still waiting for Farmer to come through with the link to the free subscription. After that BBG this year, I'm not paying for it.

ttu
01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
i received the cover, and only the cover about 3 1/2 weeks ago of the boat review issue. i called them and was told it could take up to 3 weeks to get my replacement issue...:mad:

kpugh1
01-26-2007, 03:46 PM
same here.

ski_king
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Yep, farmers link was great, I get 2 copies each month, one at work, one at home.
I keep telling myself I will not pay for a renewal, it has the same old, same old every month.......... But I do like the pictures

When they were sending it out in a plastic bag, I got a empty bag 2 months in a row.... I think my mail man skis......

BrianM
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Waterski only comes out 9 times a year plus the BBG so maybe no issue yet for them to send you. I won't subscribe anymore unless it is free. All it is is advertising so why pay for that?

sand2snow22
01-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I signed up not to long ago, too. Signed up for Wakeboarding mag at the same time. I've received 2 Wakeboarding mags and 0 Waterski mags?

ttu
01-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I signed up not to long ago, too. Signed up for Wakeboarding mag at the same time. I've received 2 Wakeboarding mags and 0 Waterski mags?

same here. wakeboarding boat buyers guide and then received yesterday the equipment guide.

east tx skier
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Waterski only comes out 9 times a year plus the BBG so maybe no issue yet for them to send you. I won't subscribe anymore unless it is free. All it is is advertising so why pay for that?

The BBG is Jan/Feb. if I recall correctly. So no new issue of WSM until March.

C36
01-26-2007, 04:53 PM
After that BBG this year, I'm not paying for it.

ETS: I am not sure if you mean you were disappointed with the BBG this year, but I sure was. :mad:

boat ratings for each sport were done by the manufacturers this year (this would lead to inconsistent ratings wouldn't it?)
quite a few boats reviewed scored (by their makers) lower than five out of 10 for even recreational waterski (shouldn't there be a minimum score before a boat is allowed to be submitted to a boat buyers guide for waterskiers?)
one of the major manufacturers only had two boats included?
boats grouped by manufacturer "bounces" the reader around quite a bit (would it not be better to introduce the manufacturers up front, then group the boats - core ski, cross-over, core wakeboarding, family?
dropping the wake profiles used last year also weakened the boat-to-boat comparison IMHO

Sorry if this reads like a rant, but I was really disappointed with the BBG this year. :(

However, when compared to the offering of other companies I did think MasterCraft came across a progressive company - all boats included (even larger models) appeared to have some crossover application to skiing and the range of models presented was also impressive (forward looking).

east tx skier
01-26-2007, 04:59 PM
ETS: I am not sure if you mean you were disappointed with the BBG this year, but I sure was. :mad:

boat ratings for each sport were done by the manufacturers this year (this would lead to inconsistent ratings wouldn't it?)
quite a few boats reviewed scored (by their makers) lower than five out of 10 for even recreational waterski (shouldn't there be a minimum score before a boat is allowed to be submitted to a boat buyers guide for waterskiers?)
one of the major manufacturers only had two boats included?
boats grouped by manufacturer "bounces" the reader around quite a bit (would it not be better to introduce the manufacturers up front, then group the boats - core ski, cross-over, core wakeboarding, family?
dropping the wake profiles used last year also weakened the boat-to-boat comparison IMHO

Sorry if this reads like a rant, but I was really disappointed with the BBG this year. :(

However, when compared to the offering of other companies I did think MasterCraft came across a progressive company - all boats included (even larger models) appeared to have some crossover application to skiing and the range of models presented was also impressive (forward looking).

That is exactly what I meant.

By the way, that cd got mailed out about a week ago. Be watching for it.

bdecker
01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Personally I think the BBG has been a waste of paper for many years, as the magazine is unwilling to have any opinion. This year there clearly was no test just a reprint of what the mfg wanted... Even back when they did a "test" you could see the article was just a reprint of the year before. Despite my disappointment with the quality, I guess I look at it as $10/ year to support the only industry publication. My guess is that I'm not alone...

rodltg2
01-30-2007, 04:11 PM
im still waiting for my free issue :mad:

Kevin 89MC
01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I agree, it isn't the greatest. But, it is only $10/yr, and it is the best ski fix for the winter. I don't expect too much from it, so it doesn't disappoint me too much! :)