PDA

View Full Version : Taxes

Chief
01-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Finally got some good news this year with the federal taxes: I get a refund! I usually pay but I changed my withholding and now I'm getting something back. :)

Just received my escrow statement and since my home taxes and insurance went up, my escrow is going to be short. :mad: Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Can't a brother get a break from the man?

Taxes and death what's worse?

ski_king
01-26-2007, 08:01 AM
.......Taxes and death what's worse?
Taxes are continous, death happens only once.
But I will take taxes.......

Happens to me all the time, I get a little windfall, and something always comes up and snatchs that money away....:confused:

Chief
01-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Taxes are continous, death happens only once.
But I will take taxes.......

Happens to me all the time, I get a little windfall, and something always comes up and snatchs that money away....:confused:

Taxes are a slow death. Same here always on the windfall.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I try to break even on the taxes, and don't do an escrow...So I use the interest I DON'T give the bank on the escrow account to make me feel better when I write the checks.....:o

Ric
01-26-2007, 10:56 AM
I too do not escrow because the first house I ever bought had ridiculous jumps and then overages that were hell to get refunded... now I endure the pain of writing out the property tax checks annually myself :o

Workin' 4 Toys
01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
I too do not escrow because the first house I ever bought had ridiculous jumps and then overages that were hell to get refunded... now I endure the pain of writing out the property tax checks annually myself :o
Thats the problem...Annual check??

We get the pleasure of semi-annual. We get to make payments (so to speak):rolleyes:

Ric
01-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I tell you what writing your own tax checks does... it reminds you that there is no such thing as asking too much of your local school district !

I will spare you all the rant
It's Friday

Workin' 4 Toys
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I tell you what writing your own tax checks does... it reminds you that there is no such thing as asking too much of your local school district !

I will spare you all the rant
It's Friday
Thanks for sparing us...anyday but friday.;)
Feel free to let us in on it.

Monte
01-26-2007, 12:11 PM
04/14 sucks in my household.... worst day of the year... I hope the kids don't really like their toys....

M-Funf
01-26-2007, 01:26 PM
I think we'll do O.K. this year, it's next year I'm worried about. I'd expected two "windfalls", one in '06, and the next in early '07. Unfortunately, the first one didn't happen until Jan 5th, and the second one is next week. I don't expect any more this year, but it's somewhat out of my control...:o

I always try to break even, but get screwed by the unexpected. I'm not complaining about the little "windfalls", but I wish I knew they were coming so I could adjust...

edit: Don't worry, though. Billary will fix it all:rolleyes: