PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield Bay in Arkansas

Ramhouse
01-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Some friends just bought a home there. Looks loke a nice place. Does anyone know the location?, or even better yet live there. It's about 90min west of Little Rock. Or who lives in Arkansa that could give some insite on the living conditions and the boating there?
Richard

Ramhouse
01-26-2007, 12:04 AM
any help here?

Leroy
01-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Ramhouse; I don't know of anyone there, but bring this to the top a couple of times tomorrow during the day and I bet you get some info.

Ramhouse
01-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Sounds nice, 400 miles of coast and lots of inlets with rivers running into it.

Leroy
01-26-2007, 12:17 AM
I've had several friends from work retire and move to Ark on lakes, but I don't know exactly where and they were not skiers. But they said beautiful lakes and nice weather!

Ramhouse
01-26-2007, 10:13 AM
anyone else!

sizzler
01-26-2007, 10:15 AM
i have a friend called bill that lived in little rock.......i'll ask his wife hilary to PM you.......

if that helps....8p

endl
01-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Fairfield Bay is the upper part of Greers Ferry Lake. It is due north of Little Rock not really West. I have 6-7 good friends and my boss that have lake houses on the lake. Its a nice lake. We split time between Greers Ferry with friends and going to Lake Ouachita south of Little Rock where we just bought a place. All lakes in AR are very nice, most have lots of shoreline and feeder creeks.

jrcarte78
01-26-2007, 12:24 PM
I live in NW Arkansas. Our main lake is Beaver Lake. But, my wife is from Hot Springs(SW of Little Rock) so we go out quite a bit on Lake Hamilton and Lake Oauchita when we are down that way. Hamilton is nice but very busy and commercialized. Lake Oauchita is beautiful. Probably my favorite lake to spend time on.

All three are good for water sports. Of course, you get your wally's that screw the water up occasionally. We normally catch the great water in the early morning and evening--sit and watch the wally's with a few cold beverages the rest of the day :D

I've never been out on Greer's Ferry, but I've heard from a lot of folks that it's really nice.

J.R.