PDA

View Full Version : Maristar vs X45

Matthewt
01-25-2007, 09:28 PM
I was at the Atlanta Boat Show and was talking with the MC dealer. Initially liked the Maristar 245 they had on display but wasn't to keen on the colors. Since I may be going through my midlife crisis, he showed me the X45. Said it was the exact same boat except for the color schemes. Is that the only difference? I must be missing something. Do want the 400HP but looking through an earlier thread, I may be tempted to get the 450HP. Thanks for your help.

Chief
01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I was at the Atlanta Boat Show and was talking with the MC dealer. Initially liked the Maristar 245 they had on display but wasn't to keen on the colors. Since I may be going through my midlife crisis, he showed me the X45. Said it was the exact same boat except for the color schemes. Is that the only difference? I must be missing something. Do want the 400HP but looking through an earlier thread, I may be tempted to get the 450HP. Thanks for your help.

I like the Maristar flavor since it's color layouts are different and you can get the goodies added (i.e. ballast, tower, PP etc etc). If you look at the pics on my profile you can see that the gelcoat colors are laid out different from the X2 and IMO breaks away from the X's. The interior remains mostly the same but the small differences from Maristar to X's make a world of difference too me.

endl
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Go look at mcboats.com they are in Conway, AR they are the local dealer in the Little Rock, AR area. They have a nice 06 loaded Maristar 245 with ballast, big motor ect. left over. Red and White. I think it has every option you can get. Might get a good deal on a 06. James is the owner.

MYMC
01-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Huge cost difference...in the X boats favor! To equip a MariStar the same as an X45 will cost you about $4500 (or more) extra due to the "package price" savings that come with ordering or buying an X45. Yes they are the same exact boat but just like a car there are discounts when ordering and buying in packages.

If the "X" graphics are a turn off take a look at the "switch" package for the "X" boats.

Lastly...as has been stated many, many times before if it is in your budget go with the L-18, if not then the LY6 will be fine. If, as you say you are going through the mid-life crisis...then only the 450hp X45 will do!:D

BTW, the "X" boat will be easier to sell (come resale) & have a greater NADA resale value...why? To banks when someone goes to buy the MS245 it will be nothing more than a MS245 that someone bolted a lot of "personal choice" options to and they have no residual value when loaning money just like 22" wheels and tires on a car...its the car that matters.