PDA

View Full Version : $5k Mastercraft rebate after 3 years? Questions???

CottagerGreg
01-25-2007, 08:54 PM
From WakeWorld.com

With show price and also I guess MC is doing a 5k Rebate in three years if you follow the procedures. If you do exactly what the details say you get a rebate check after 3 years for 5k. Not sure how hard it is to keep up, but I would think it would be tedious. They are banking on you to forget to do something.

Can anyone pls e-mail me about this promotion about getting the $5k in 3 years... I am very interested in the details to this...

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:13 PM
My guess is it is insurance offered by a local dealer or dealer on the net. Typically how they work is the ride is sold for full price and an insurance (not really what they call it) policy is purchased. On the date that your ride becomes elligible you have so many hours or days to collect your rebate. MC may be doing this also counting on the policies expiring or boat being sold before they are claimed. They have all kinds of stipulations so read them closely. Anytime it is a term rebate I think this would be the deal. Priced according to expected risk, of course! ICBW!8p From WakeWorld.com

Can anyone pls e-mail me about this promotion about getting the $5k in 3 years... I am very interested in the details to this...

Jim@BAWS
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
From WakeWorld.com

Are you considering trading in your boat?

Jim@BAWS

Chief
My guess is it is insurance offered by a local dealer or dealer on the net. Typically how they work is the ride is sold for full price and an insurance (not really what they call it) policy is purchased. On the date that your ride becomes elligible you have so many hours or days to collect your rebate. MC may be doing this also counting on the policies expiring or boat being sold before they are claimed. They have all kinds of stipulations so read them closely. Anytime it is a term rebate I think this would be the deal. Priced according to expected risk, of course! ICBW!8p

If you pay the full price from that nice little print out of the boat then they should give you a 15 to 20K rebate. I hate these ploys to get people to buy. It sounds like the mail in rebate hassle from best buy.

I could not find the article on wakeworld though. If someone finds in give it a post and we can all analyze it.

CottagerGreg
I guess you are assuming... you don't know for sure....

I'd like to know from someone who works at a dealer or has spoken about this to their dealer... I have no problem of calling an asking.. I just want to know some details first.

CottagerGreg
01-25-2007, 09:21 PM
It is the 11th reply in the post....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/407697.html?1169772746

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Check this out and you may have your answer!;)

http://www.cashrewardsinc.com/overview.html

CottagerGreg
01-25-2007, 09:25 PM
No I believe it's a factory incentive... nothing to do with a aftermarket third party.

bigmac
01-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I could not find the article on wakeworld though. If someone finds in give it a post and we can all analyze it.

Discussion forum (Wakeworld)
(http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/402591.html?1168456379)

Wakeworld Google (http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.wakeworld.com&q=mastercraft+rebate&sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wakeworld.com&sa=Search&client=pub-1202513452019202&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&safe=active&cof=GALT%3A%23008000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23336699%3B VLC%3A663399%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3 A336699%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BT%3A000000% 3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BFORID%3A1&hl=en)

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Factory can do this as well but typically this show up at dealerships. I see nothing on the MC site regarding the rebate and Jim obviously is unaware.

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:28 PM
This program is not run or operated through MasterCraft Boat Company; ... including filing for your rebate by certified mail) to receive the rebate. ...
www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/93559.html?10745

Policy!

CottagerGreg
01-25-2007, 09:31 PM
interesting...

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Creative Financing that dealers do. I am in the auto business and I see dealers advertise brand new or even used vehicles for thousands less! I hope a true rebate comes for you but I would rather a manufacturer lower their prices rather than discount or de-value the product. Rebates have created most of the distrust and problems in our American auto industry today! Toyota and Honda rarely ever rebate at least not the $8-10 grand rebates you get from the "Old" big three!

Rebates create distrust in the market. They really only create a perception of savings and value. A taurus books for $25,000 and a Honda Accord is $23,000! But wait I will rebate the Taurus $5,000! Now you are getting a $25,000 auto for $20,000! Not only is the Taurus worth more you are paying less! Sorry to rant and I know this really does not apply here I am just B*******! Check the resale on the rebated Taurus! The Rebate has killed the used market on taurus and the new! Lets call it a 500! Now we are talking! It is the American way!

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:40 PM
I added this as it lights my fire!

Rebates create distrust in the market. They really only create a perception of savings and value. A taurus books for $25,000 and a Honda Accord is $23,000! But wait I will rebate the Taurus $5,000! Now you are getting a $25,000 auto for $20,000! Not only is the Taurus worth more you are paying less! Sorry to rant and I know this really does not apply here I am just B*******! Check the resale on the rebated Taurus! The Rebate has killed the used market on taurus and the new! Lets call it a 500! Now we are talking! It is the American way!

CottagerGreg
01-25-2007, 09:40 PM
God I was jumping for Joy with I got a 1% rate reduction on a VW I bought for Owner Loyalty!!

That is huge in the german car market... gosh like $2k in savings over the term!

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Much different! Loyalty cash has a qualifier and comes at a price. They are giving you cash for your loyalty. A $5,000 rebate just because you have a pulse and I need to sell this "Turd" is much different. Rebates for liquidation of old or outdated models is also OK. Not on current model and crap you cannot sell. Reprice the vehicle!:o God I was jumping for Joy with I got a 1% rate reduction on a VW I bought for Owner Loyalty!!

That is huge in the german car market... gosh like $2k in savings over the term!

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Here is another one! Even has a MasterCraft on the page!

http://www.copeandmcpheters.com/content.asp?nav=88090&cpid=2847&

sanjuan23
01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
While I was at my local dealer a couple of weeks ago they were discussing this "program" and its "benefits" My simple response should have been you want to sell me a boat. "Take 10k of the tag now."

Prostar19
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
from what I have read and heard this is ran through a third party Cash Rewards. The Dealer and MC are buying a chance for you to get a check down the road. From what I understand Cash Rewards is in business rewards and they bank on the fact that there is a less than 20% redemption rate. The money MC and the dealer uses to buy your reward is put into a bucket at Cash Rewards. You have a certain time period after you buy the boat to regiture your purchase and then have to send in a certificate at your 3rd year anniversary and then you get a check. I have heard that dealers in Texas and Oregon that used this 3 years ago are seeing their customers receive $10,000 checks. I doubt very seriously tha mastercraft or the dealer could lower thier price 10,000 on the spot unless you want to start at MSRP. I think this is a 10K reward from the boat show price.

erkoehler
01-25-2007, 10:53 PM
If you'd like the full story on CASH REWARDS or have further questions, call me directly on my cell phone.

630-533-2760

Doesn't get any easier than that.

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Say it ain't so! Not you too!:o If you'd like the full story on CASH REWARDS or have further questions, call me directly on my cell phone.

630-533-2760

Doesn't get any easier than that.

Jim@BAWS
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
From what I see on TEAM TALK...there are only 4-5 dealers or there representatives that participate here. Many of you have seen MSRP sheets, and then what the proposed price is off of MSRP. This is NO GIMMICK. Buy a boat and get a Certficate for $5000-$20000. NO BS. I have 4-5 very excited customers that I have been working. Then this program come along. They already had pricing. It is pretty much a NO BRAINER.
It is NOT a SCAM. MC would not allow anything like this if it was not "TRIED TRUE AND TESTED"

If you think I would risk my dealerships reputation or my own on some foolish SCAM to get a customer to buy...think again

Jim@BAWS

Hoosier Bob
01-26-2007, 12:00 AM
So this is endorsed by MasterCraft corporate or individual dealerships? Why is no information on these programs on the MasterCraft site? Many dealerships offer these programs but I am unaware of any manufacturer participation. MasterCraft would have no say in a dealerships "Creative financing" would be my guess. If it is a great deal you may be right, post the resritictions and requirements and the information/paperwork necessary to collect in 3-5 years. I can wait, maybe I'll do it!:D

I did not say it was a scam just a policy with risk pricing. Oddsmakers base a cost to yourself for the policy that will cover expected claims. Not against doing business but why not pass on the cost of the policy and walk away?From what I see on TEAM TALK...there are only 4-5 dealers or there representatives that participate here. Many of you have seen MSRP sheets, and then what the proposed price is off of MSRP. This is NO GIMMICK. Buy a boat and get a Certficate for $5000-$20000. NO BS. I have 4-5 very excited customers that I have been working. Then this program come along. They already had pricing. It is pretty much a NO BRAINER.
It is NOT a SCAM. MC would not allow anything like this if it was not "TRIED TRUE AND TESTED"

If you think I would risk my dealerships reputation or my own on some foolish SCAM to get a customer to buy...think again

Jim@BAWS

BoulderX45
01-26-2007, 12:12 AM
I just purchased a close out 06' X-45 and got the "Cash Reward Inc" 3 year rebate. You have seven days from purchase to regester your purchase via certified mail. 36 months later (within seven days) you need to send your proof of purchase with birth certificate and utility bill and proof you mailed your registration. The money is keep at a third party and if not claimed it goes to a charity. The dealer is hoping you bring your three year old boat and the rebate in to by another boat. You do not need to still own the boat. I have every reminder in the world set to remind me of what I need to do to get the rebate. I was told less then 3 out of 10 will do this. But, either way the dealer, in my case, puts up the rebate weather it's claimed or not.

Hoosier Bob
01-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Fair enough! I am one of the seven! Registration? As in boat ownership or proof that you sent your registration for the refund certified mail? I have a ton of Motorcycle dealers and such around that are/were using these programs. It is a gamble and I do not gamble. For many I could see this as an alternative or atleast added leverage with the little lady! She gets the $10k you get a boat! Who holds the $$ and how are they protected in case 5 out of 10 qualify? Are they bonded or insured? Are these companies AM Best rated? If they do not keep the $$ where are the profits? Holding charges totalling $9,800? I am a skeptic so I have a ton of questions. Three years a bunch can change.

Thanks for the info though. I can find out the rest I am guessing.

Hoosier Bob
01-26-2007, 12:32 AM
They are very up front but as insurance/service contract and GAP policy companies go I would want to know if insured or bonded $$.

Here are the FAQ and it does appear they have most explained.:D

http://www.cashrewardsinc.com/faq_detail.html#ITPA

Leroy
01-26-2007, 12:54 AM
This is so foreign to my view of Mastercraft I hope this isn't true but somehow sounds like it is. WOuld like to confirm these details.

I don't see any value to the boat buying experience with this gimmick......

IF this is the deal I'll voice a much stronger opinion once confirmed........

"You have seven days from purchase to regester your purchase via certified mail. 36 months later (within seven days) you need to send your proof of purchase with birth certificate and utility bill and proof you mailed your registration."

WESSTAR
01-26-2007, 01:45 AM
What Boulder x45 said is true my wife and I just bought a 06 X-STAR and the dealer gave us the paper work and we sent in the registration to the thrid party company and then in 3 years we sent in the other required paperwork (copy of birth cert, copy of utility bill and the other form they gave us) and we get 10K. It is pretty simple the trick is you have to remember to send it 36 months or no money

Chief
01-26-2007, 07:51 AM
From what I see on TEAM TALK...there are only 4-5 dealers or there representatives that participate here. Many of you have seen MSRP sheets, and then what the proposed price is off of MSRP. This is NO GIMMICK. Buy a boat and get a Certficate for $5000-$20000. NO BS. I have 4-5 very excited customers that I have been working. Then this program come along. They already had pricing. It is pretty much a NO BRAINER.

Jim@BAWS

Does this apply at the point of purchase? Is there a grandfather clause or specific time period?

WESSTAR
01-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Applys at purchase no grandfather clause

Chief
01-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Applys at purchase no grandfather clause

Finger that.

PendO
01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
So this is endorsed by MasterCraft corporate or individual dealerships?

HB - it is an individual dealership thing and by no means MC specific or even MC corporate endorsed ... large RV dealerships will sometimes do it at their shows in order to convince you to purchase .... they are betting on enough people forgetting to send the paperwork in on time (there is a specific window that you must send your paperwork in - can't be early or late) ... my dad did it for the 04, we have not reached the time period where you send in to claim the rebate, so I can't say how easy it is to claim your money, but I will let you know:)

Jim@BAWS
01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Does this apply at the point of purchase? Is there a grandfather clause or specific time period?

There cannot be a GRANDFATHER ...The program is TIME sensitive

I wish it was...I would get one myself

Jim@BAWS

Leroy
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
This is such a gimmick I consider it a sleezy sales tactic, along with zero down, zero % interest, no payments for a year, rebates, and on and on. THere is no value to the boat owner and it just plays with people. If the dealer were sincere just take the present value of that money and subtract from the deal. That is what I would consider the "Mastercraft way".

Note, I will never buy an automobile brand that offers rebates....you just never know when the best rebate is out there and why do they have to offer that rebate in the first place?

GUess everyone knows I'm an engineer and certainly would never make it in sales :D I feel better with what you say Pendo, dealer action, MC doesn't know or condone.

Jim@BAWS
01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
This is such a gimmick I consider it a sleezy sales tactic, along with zero down, zero % interest, no payments for a year, rebates, and on and on. THere is no value to the boat owner and it just plays with people. If the dealer were sincere just take the present value of that money and subtract from the deal. That is what I would consider the "Mastercraft way".

Note, I will never buy an automobile brand that offers rebates....you just never know when the best rebate is out there and why do they have to offer that rebate in the first place?

GUess everyone knows I'm an engineer and certainly would never make it in sales :D I feel better with what you say Pendo, dealer action, MC doesn't know or condone.

So...I sell you an X-1 Price it with the PROPER discount off MSRP
Then knock of another 10K...I won't be in busniess next week.
There ain't that much in an X-1

Your thought process it flawed

Call me if you want (813) 996 2297

Jim@BAWS

PendO
01-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Leroy - for us it was a pretty transparent deal ... IIRC the dealer pays a fee to participate, and then they pay an additional fee for each unit they enroll ... so, in theory they tack that cost onto the purchase of the boat ... don't quote me, but I think it added 1000 or 1500 to the transaction, so, as long as we could fill out the paperwork correctly and on time, we could see a net gain of 9000 or 8500 ... we looked at it separate from the boat purchase as it didn't have an effect on whether the purchase happened, and I am still leery that they will send a 10K check (I'll belive it when I see it, but the risk/reward made it worth it) IMO

flyingskibiker
01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
yah, those guys are "my" dealer. i've read that before. always wondered... :rolleyes:

Here is another one! Even has a MasterCraft on the page!

http://www.copeandmcpheters.com/content.asp?nav=88090&cpid=2847&

BIGBADBLUE
01-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Leroy - for us it was a pretty transparent deal ... IIRC the dealer pays a fee to participate, and then they pay an additional fee for each unit they enroll ... so, in theory they tack that cost onto the purchase of the boat ... don't quote me, but I think it added 1000 or 1500 to the transaction, so, as long as we could fill out the paperwork correctly and on time, we could see a net gain of 9000 or 8500 ... we looked at it separate from the boat purchase as it didn't have an effect on whether the purchase happened, and I am still leery that they will send a 10K check (I'll belive it when I see it, but the risk/reward made it worth it) IMO

Guys - Money is not created in this transaction and I guarentee the insurance company is not losing money ... so the question begs how does it work? Dealer pays $1,500 per boat, you add 3 years of interest and you may get to $2,000 at 10%. They have to have less than 20% redemption rate to break even. However, they state the unclaimed money goes to charity? I really can not believe that. So ... how does everyone make money?

3event
01-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Here's my guess......

Cashrewards is in business to make money too, and they probably have actuaries figuring risk like an insurance company. They will charge the dealer an upfront fee which you pay via the cost of boat. They determine the time value of that money, figure in the risk that the rebate will be claimed, and thereby determine the upfront cost to dealer. Dealer can pass all or partial of that on in boat sales price. Since only 20% claim it, the cost of a $10K policy for cashrewards to sell to dealer is not $10K. Your goal is to be one of the 20% that follow through and claim. Those people "beat" the system and get the money others have wasted or/cashrewards kept.

If cashrewards donates some of the profits, OK, but they have to keep some of the unclaimed upfront money to cover the claimed rebates. Otherwise they're in the red.

It sounds like a clean transaction from the dealer's POV.

I would rather , I think, have the $1000 or $1500 off NOW. But I am not buying a boat this year:)

BIGBADBLUE
01-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Agree on the math. They must give a VERY smalll amount away for this to work and the claim rate must be less that 4-5%. The sites make it sound like they give away the entire portion of the unclaimed portion.

Give me the $1,500 now off the price of the boat. The deal just sounds real slimey. It may be OK but why not offer the $1,500 instead?

Hoosier Bob
01-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I think it could be a great product I am only wondering is the money bonded or insured. There is a difference. Also how are they protected if they realize a 5 out of 10 rate of claim vs a 2 out of 10? Insured or bonded?:confused:

JohnnyB
01-28-2007, 05:34 PM
A buddy of mine bought an Arctic Cat F6 3 years ago under a similar program. The deal was the same...send a long list of information in within a 1 week window of time 3 years from the purchase date and you get the entire purchase price of the snowmobile back.

The dealer pays some cash into the program and between interest and the fact that people would forget some piece of information or forget to send it in the exact week via registered mail the company had hoped to make money on this deal.

I almost bought a new sled under the program, but I called my sled dealer (friend of mine) and he told me that it was legit. However, he also told me that he wouldn't sell sleds under a program like that because when someone forgets to cash their voucher or the company goes out of business, they'll show up in his shop mad at him...bad for business....soo, I decided not to do this.

I told my buddy that in three years he'd either be talkin' tough or we'd never here a word about it....

The rest of the story....

The dealer was getting MSRP on the sleds selling them this way. Last summer, the company that sold the vouchers went bankrupt and my friend won't see a dime next August when his voucher comes due. The company name was Cashable Vouchers. You may google them and find some info on this. So, in the end, he paid a bit too much for a sled that he enjoys anyway and he had the $$ to gamble. If he'd of gotten the sled for free, he'd still be talkin' touch:D

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Hoosier Bob
01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Kind of where I am going JB but if a dealer can cut the cost let's say $1,500 max or say I'll tell you what, wait 3 years and get $6,000 why would you not run the risk? All I want to know is that I am buying a policy that is insured for greater losses than expected rather than being bonded for the exposure (cost of the policy). Even if they where Bonded policies and not insured I would like to know that I would at least get the $1,500 issued for the policy. Like I said Hurracanes happen, Tornados happen and increased claims happen! The product is only as good as it's backing. If backed I see no reason why you would not risk the $ put into the policy to more than triple your initial savings! I only want to know a little more!

PS Waranty companies as anything else close shop regularly. Some are protected and some are not. It would be nice to know that we are dealing with fully insured, rated and ethical companies regarding these policies.

kkrbogey1
01-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I bought a X45 at the Atlanta Boat show and got a coupon for 15K back in three years. This was after the boat was discounted off of MSRP.

I was give the option to take an additional $3000 off the boat today or get $15,000 in three years. I checked on the insurance company backing the 15K and it is Citigroup (AAA rated company by Moodys and S&P)

Basically I feel this is a good deal for the consumer and a good deal for the dealer. It is a marketing ploy for the dealer and the consumer has to take the risk on meeting the terms of the coupon. With the advent of the computer it should be easy to setup a tickler syestem to make sure you hit the dates.

Obviosuly the insurance company makes money here, based on the business I am in I bet less than 20% of these will be turned in. Coupons will be lost, burned in fires, lost in moves, people will forget. In fact a good dealer will send the buyer a notice in futrue years to have them cash in the coupon. A great deal of these coupons will become trade bait on future boats for trade in, move up in boat size etc...it will keep people walking in the dealership doors if the dealer uses it correctly in marketing.

I am not sure about this charity stuff unless the bootm line of an insurance company is charity.

At the Atlanta boatshow the cash rebate program was being sponsored by Mastercraft. The coupon states exactly how to redeem it and when. Basically you have a 7 day window three years from the delivery of the boat to you from the dealer.

Simple Math for insurance company
Sell 10 $15,000 coupons for $3500.00

Total Proceeds $35,000
Three Years interst at 7%=$7,350.00

Total Proceeds: 37,350

20% actually turn them in=Cost 2 units at $15,000

Payout: 30,000

Profit= 7,350 with NO CASH INVESTED only using their balance sheet INFINITE return.

Extrapolate that profit over millions of cars, boats, snowmobiles , lawn mowers and you can see why I own insurance stocks...they are smart and DO NOT lose money. If they miss a year they will raise costs and more than make up for it.

I beleive this is a good deal for the consumer which I am on this boat purchase if they can be didligent and follow directions, 80-90% of consumers will screw this up.

Hoosier Bob
01-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Nice post! We should look into this but I am still looking for the solvency of the company mentioned.;) I bought a X45 at the Atlanta Boat show and got a coupon for 15K back in three years. This was after the boat was discounted off of MSRP.

I was give the option to take an additional $3000 off the boat today or get $15,000 in three years. I checked on the insurance company backing the 15K and it is Citigroup (AAA rated company by Moodys and S&P)

Basically I feel this is a good deal for the consumer and a good deal for the dealer. It is a marketing ploy for the dealer and the consumer has to take the risk on meeting the terms of the coupon. With the advent of the computer it should be easy to setup a tickler syestem to make sure you hit the dates.

Obviosuly the insurance company makes money here, based on the business I am in I bet less than 20% of these will be turned in. Coupons will be lost, burned in fires, lost in moves, people will forget. In fact a good dealer will send the buyer a notice in futrue years to have them cash in the coupon. A great deal of these coupons will become trade bait on future boats for trade in, move up in boat size etc...it will keep people walking in the dealership doors if the dealer uses it correctly in marketing.

I am not sure about this charity stuff unless the bootm line of an insurance company is charity.

At the Atlanta boatshow the cash rebate program was being sponsored by Mastercraft. The coupon states exactly how to redeem it and when. Basically you have a 7 day window three years from the delivery of the boat to you from the dealer.

Simple Math for insurance company
Sell 10 $15,000 coupons for $3500.00

Total Proceeds $35,000
Three Years interst at 7%=$7,350.00

Total Proceeds: 37,350

20% actually turn them in=Cost 2 units at $15,000

Payout: 30,000

Profit= 7,350 with NO CASH INVESTED only using their balance sheet INFINITE return.

Extrapolate that profit over millions of cars, boats, snowmobiles , lawn mowers and you can see why I own insurance stocks...they are smart and DO NOT lose money. If they miss a year they will raise costs and more than make up for it.

I beleive this is a good deal for the consumer which I am on this boat purchase if they can be didligent and follow directions, 80-90% of consumers will screw this up.

TheOneandOnly
07-31-2007, 10:20 PM
By offdapeggs (offdapeggs) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 7:26 am:

George,
I posted a long message about this whole thing, then read it and thought I had better delete it.
email me and I will tell you what is up with this, the attorney general of Oklahoma sent a letter warning motor vehicle dealers to not participate in this program... in my business I have had my dealers participate in this and I do know the real story.... DON"T DO Anything until someone talks to you about the terms and conditions and the fact that if they don't pay what recourse options you have ...

I find this very intresting, anyone cash in on this yet??

grijalavanation
08-03-2007, 11:14 PM
The rebate works like this. When you purchase the boat, your dealership enrolls you into a cash rewards program. The amount of your rebate is based on model of boat purchased. Once you purchase the boat, your dealership will give you paperwork that needs to be completed by a specific date. The paperwork is done online. Once you register your paperwork online you will get a certificate of registration to print out. That certificate has to be mailed in by certified mail within 7 days. You then wait. Our waiting period is 36 months preceding the month we registed online. I registered in June 2007, so we will be elgible for our rebate in July of 2010. The catch to the rebate is like any other. You have to follow the instructions of redemtion exactly or you will be out your money.

Dutch
08-04-2007, 04:49 AM
I've put money down on a new MC going in to pick it up next week, same thing they are giving 10 grand. I figured like most of You that this just represented an increase in the sales price to reflect, and also the possibility of no redemption. I checked around a ton and found My price to be in line, and not overpriced, the salesman gave it to me like this after I nagged the ##** out of him about it, " they were paying me the cost of depreciation on any new vehicle once it leaves a lot whether car or boat, and they are hoping to get me back in to use the 10 grand on my new upgrade in 3 years. He said He would be e-mailing me on each anniversary to remind me of the rebate.???
Don't know if its good or bad, not unhappy with the purchase price, I'm givin the rebate to the wife, I know She will follow the instuctions to a tee, and I hope they don't try to jack her as she'll make it hot for them.

TheOneandOnly
08-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Anyone know how long MC has been doing this? AGAIN anyone cashed in on this????????

Leroy
08-04-2007, 02:06 PM
It is a dealership promotion. I have not heard of anyone getting their money back. But that is more of a fact that this has not been going on to long with MC dealers that I know of.

I think this has been going on for ~1 year so probably ~2 more years before we hear results.

PendO
08-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Sent in paperwork for a 10K cash rewards on friday ... so I will let you know, I stared at the paperwork for a day just looking for some loophole ... so much so that my dad asked me how I get out of bed in the morning ... as for somebody talking about a dealer giving them a reminder (read the fine print) a dealer reminder is grounds for the ITPA to void the cash rewards ... my suggestion, put it all in a safe, order a certified copy of the birth certificate, and keep it in a safe place with a copy of the purchase order and photocopy of materials showing payment, along with the certificate, the certified mail reciept (make sure you know what this is) ...and the only other thing you will need is a utility statement/bank statement from the period in time around the 3 year anniversary when you mail it back in .. depending on how it works I will withold my ultimate opinion until I see the check ... the only thing I would not want to do is buy a boat under this program with the registration date of the certificate as the 1st of any month, that wold be confusing as I am not sure if that would constitute the "first full month" ... whereas if you purchase/register from (for example )Feb 2nd, the fist full month is March 200X, and you mail in during the first 7 days of March 200X = 3 (i.e. if you bought in 07, mail in in 2010) ...

Leroy
08-04-2007, 07:56 PM
If anyone gets it I am sure it will be you Casey! Good luck!

Sent in paperwork for a 10K cash rewards on friday ... so I will let you know, I stared at the paperwork for a day just looking for some loophole ... so much so that my dad asked me how I get out of bed in the morning ... as for somebody talking about a dealer giving them a reminder (read the fine print) a dealer reminder is grounds for the ITPA to void the cash rewards ... my suggestion, put it all in a safe, order a certified copy of the birth certificate, and keep it in a safe place with a copy of the purchase order and photocopy of materials showing payment, along with the certificate, the certified mail reciept (make sure you know what this is) ...and the only other thing you will need is a utility statement/bank statement from the period in time around the 3 year anniversary when you mail it back in .. depending on how it works I will withold my ultimate opinion until I see the check ... the only thing I would not want to do is buy a boat under this program with the registration date of the certificate as the 1st of any month, that wold be confusing as I am not sure if that would constitute the "first full month" ... whereas if you purchase/register from (for example )Feb 2nd, the fist full month is March 200X, and you mail in during the first 7 days of March 200X = 3 (i.e. if you bought in 07, mail in in 2010) ...

TheOneandOnly
08-04-2007, 08:58 PM
It is a dealership promotion. I have not heard of anyone getting their money back. But that is more of a fact that this has not been going on to long with MC dealers that I know of.

I think this has been going on for ~1 year so probably ~2 more years before we hear results.

Actually from a dealership here in town, a sales guy stated they had people that have got it so its been around for over 3+ years. They said they'd let me talk to the individuals. I guess we'll see.... For the people that finance with little down payment it may be better to get the 3k off at time of purchase...

G_Anders
08-05-2007, 09:02 PM
My parents did this through a hot tub dealership which brings in a seperate business to handle the transaction. But what had happened with there refund the company files for chapter 7 or 11 right before the 3 year mark. Forcing people out of there money, the hot tub comapny washed there hands and said there was nothing they coud do since it was a seperate company. It sounds to good to be true

mtrask
11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
We did and were as skeptical as everyone. We bought our boat at the right price. Definetelely not list. Actually made the deal first and then the dealer offered the cash rewards, because we had asked about it. It cost us nothing extra and we recieved it in whole last week. The system works, Follow the rules. I have a 10k check in hand!!

Good Luck to all--Follow the rules!!

jaysus
11-08-2007, 09:21 PM
We did and were as skeptical as everyone. We bought our boat at the right price. Definetelely not list. Actually made the deal first and then the dealer offered the cash rewards, because we had asked about it. It cost us nothing extra and we recieved it in whole last week. The system works, Follow the rules. I have a 10k check in hand!!

Good Luck to all--Follow the rules!!

I just logged on and saw this thread... and was going to make mention of your recent reward MTRASK! Congrats again.

I hope you got my message that our winterization fee just went up a few thousand. Bring your checkbook! -J.

mtrask
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Man-I was saying nice things about you guys.. What did you say-- winterization would only be $9,999.99 this year.
Thanks Jay
New I could count on you!!

wetfoot100
09-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I just sent in my claim for this earlier this month. I followed all the steps correctly. I got my registered letter back with return to sender. Post office box closed. Has anyone else had this happen?

sand2snow22
09-17-2011, 05:23 PM
I just sent in my claim for this earlier this month. I followed all the steps correctly. I got my registered letter back with return to sender. Post office box closed. Has anyone else had this happen?

Went BK man, get in line.......sounds too good to be true......

AZX45OD
09-17-2011, 05:48 PM
How long will this thread last? I had an option in 2008 to buy a new 07 with cash rewards or a barely used 07 and save the $$ upfront and not wait for the cash rewards. Glad I opted to pay for the used boat and savings up front instead of waiting 3 years for a rebate that would never come...

It would be interesting to hear how many received their rebates??

wtrskr
09-17-2011, 06:02 PM

Yes. I know someone that it had the same experience. Apparently the third party company had exposure to the real estate market as well and couldn't stay afloat after the 2008 financial crisis.

swatguy
09-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I can't wait to hear the responses MC gives to this. They sure aren't bankrupt and if you ask me should do every bit to honor their specials offered to their customers.

At the same time I was raised to always never count on money you don't have..........Especially when it comes to rebates and specials.

Jim@BAWS
09-17-2011, 08:14 PM
MC did give a response...and this thread died 4 years ago!!!

JohnE
09-17-2011, 08:40 PM
The companies behind Cash Rewards is going through bankruptcy proceedings in Texas. They were an independant company not affiliated with MC aside from MC's participation in their program. I know it well as I have 2 useless $20K redemptions. Google search it and you will find all the articles. I still get paperwork as I filed as a creditor. PM me if you have any specific questions, aside from that this thread has no reason to continue, so I am closing it.