PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cushion Measurements

lawless1
01-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I just purchased a 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 (burgundy accent color) that was missing ALL of the seat cushions (and helm chair, and stereo, and battery, and cooler, and . . . ). I need the measurement of the all of the boards for the seat cushions. Can anyone help with that?

lawless1
01-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Here is a pic.

H20skeefreek
01-26-2007, 07:19 AM
What's the story? Was it sunk?

ski_king
01-26-2007, 11:12 AM
If you cant get the dimensions, I would make some cardboard patterns from the seat bases and transfer them to plywood or the material of your choice. I bet a good upolstery shop could make them for you.
I bet your local dealer or one of our online dealer friens can help you out here as well.

So, what is the story behind the boat? I am guessing it was swamped once and the orginals floated away.

lawless1
01-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Not sunk. Theft recovery boat. Theives left it outside in Seattle area uncovered for an extended time then the police left it uncovered in the impound lot. Less than 80 hours on the boat. Evaluating MC skins versus upholstery shop, but would save me $$$ if I could get the dimensions first.

lawless1
02-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Just a little update. Removed interior and cleaned carpet. Will need to replace the main cabin area. Still waiting on pricing on interior pieces.

Hunterb
02-08-2007, 05:33 PM
That looks like a great project. It's not that hard to come up with the dimensions yourself. As said above you can easily use cardboard and then transfer to plywood. I would suggest getting a local shop to do the upholstery for you as it will be much less expensive than OEM stuff. I did a similar job on a PS 190 two years ago, although the entire boat needed to be redone, not just the interior. I built all the parts and then took them to an upholsterer and he supplied and cut all the foam and the vinyl for about $1,500.

I imagine you got the boat for a good deal and it looks like you will have a great boat when it's all done. Good find!! I love that kind of project.

Here's three quick picks of mine; one of what it looked like when I picked it up and two of the finished interior.

Good luck with your project and make sure you keep us up to date with pictures etc.

Bruce

lawless1
02-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Great looking job Hunterb.

I just order new skins from MC and a new driver's seat with the bolster. Will take pics and show progress once I get them.

SDAhockey21
02-20-2007, 10:20 PM
i saw her on ebay. Didn't have the guts to bid on it...lol. Sure was abused

lawless1
02-20-2007, 11:19 PM
lol

Close enought to go see it - covered in snow when I looked at it. Got it running - started first turn after new plugs, cleaning the TBI, etc, etc, etc. Ended up with less than 80 hours on it.

SDAhockey21
02-20-2007, 11:43 PM
thats good. take tons of pictures!!

lawless1
03-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Pieces and parts are slowly rolling in. I am still unable to find a couple of parts though. The interior grab handles (tan/mushroom) and the insert/bin/cooler that goes below the starboard side rear passenger's seat. Worked with MC, MYMC, and Rambo. MC could not find the location of the original manufacturer. Any other suggestions? Are there any MC graveyards/wrecking yards out there?

Appreciate the help and will post pics once the new skins come in.

east tx skier
03-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Did you try Coleman and Perko? Just a shot in the dark.

lawless1
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Nope - contact information?

I did look at Overtons, Barts, Boaters World, etc.

Thanks.

lawless1
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Skins arrived 2 to 3 weeks earlier than expected :D. Driver's seat and most of the skins look great :). Quality material, nice stiching, etc.

But . . .

1 completely wrong
1 wrong size
2 bow side pieces made a little different than originals and size slightly off
:(

Purchased through MYMC (Joe) who had been great to work with. So I'm sending my original and the replacements back to him for a re-do.

Stripped trailer, which is being repainted next week. Want to get this project done so that I can get my new toy on the water by May.

east tx skier
03-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Nope - contact information?

www.coleman.com
www.perko.com

Jerseydave
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok, lawless nice project boat!

I'm sure everyone would like to know, how much was that bargain?
(okay, maybe I'm the only one, but I love to hear when people get good deals on boats) :D

lawless1
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Nosey aren't we ;) .

I got it for $11,100 assuming I would have to install a completely new interior and rebuild the motor, trailer work/painting, cover, stereo, etc. (remember no key, battery, etc to run it before purchase - plus was covered in snow at the time I looked at it).

Motor is fine with only 80 so spent a little more on the interior going with original MC skins rather than upholsterer. Will be in it under $20,000 (I hope!!!!) when it is all done.

atlfootr
03-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Lawless1,

If you really find yourself in a jamb, call "theupholsterguy" :)

lawless1
03-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Lawless1,

If you really find yourself in a jamb, call "theupholsterguy" :)

Thanks Alt - sounds like the guy does good work. I have someone local that is going to rebuild the bases and seat cushions for me. I'm beginning to wonder if you are getting a referral fee from "theupholsterguy" ;)