PDA

View Full Version : Just listed my X-30 for sale in Marketplace

Xlr8r
01-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Shameless plug here.

I am selling my 2003 X-30 with only 65 HOURS. We used the boat each year and I have had regular service when it went in/out of storage.

http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1222&cat=6

Comments welcome

Xlr8r
01-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm still trying to dial in a fair price to ask for my boat.

Would this boat be worth more in another part of the country? I'm told that Seattle has the highest number of registered boats per capita in the USA. However, most of the vessels around here are designed for cruising in Puget Sound, not lake boats such as mine.

How is price affected by region? What part of the country would a boat return the highest resale?

PendO
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm still trying to dial in a fair price to asking for this boat.

Would this boat be worth more in another part of the country? I'm told that Seattle has the highest number of registered boats per capita in the USA. However, most of the vessels around here are designed for cruising in Puget Sound, not lake boats such as mine.

How is price affected by region? What part of the country would a boat return the highest resale?

put it in the spokane paper, someone from here would drive over to seattle if they were interested ... also, you might want to put what engine it has on your add in the marketplace.

Xlr8r
01-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for that!

I'll do both.

prostar205
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm still trying to dial in a fair price to asking for this boat.

In my search for boats, I found that the Pacific Northwest had higher prices than other parts of the country. I speculate that it was because our season is considerable shorter than say: SoCal, AZ, TX, FL, etc... Because of this fact, our boats have less hours on them and, generally speaking, they are in better shape. We really do not have to worry about the boat getting oxidized by sitting out side for a month like it would if it was sitting in the 100+ degree days in AX, TX, FL.

That is my opinion.

Your X30 is a prefect boat for Lake Washington - someone will want it. Your price of $48,500 may be a little high. Here is a data point for you. I bought my 2002 X30 with a factory installed 2005 tower (the one with the swivelling board racks) and the L18 engine for $45K in Jan. 2005. It had 117 hours on it and it came with a brand new boat warranty (3 yrs).

Why are you selling your X30?

Xlr8r
01-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm selling because we are not getting much use out of the boat. Last year we used it for 1 week on Lake Powell. My son has joined the Navy and my daughter is now living in the Portland area. I have just come to a place where the boat no longer fits our lifestyle. The lack of use and the ongoing expense of inside storage, winterizing/summerizing, insurance and payments mean that it's time to sell.

Jerseydave
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Try listing it on www.onlyinboards.com

He's looking for more listings, maybe he'll give you a break.

Best of luck with the sale, and thanks to your son for serving our country!!!

Xlr8r
01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Try listing it on www.onlyinboards.com

He's looking for more listings, maybe he'll give you a break.

Best of luck with the sale, and thanks to your son for serving our country!!!

I'll check that out. Thanks.

My son is assigned to the Lincoln. They spend most of their time cruising the Pacific and were called to support the psumani disaster a few years ago. He had some pretty interesting pictures of the devastation.

Thanks for mentioning his service. I don't often get that from people.

Rich_G
01-26-2007, 07:19 PM
xlr8r, it's great that you listed it here, but you really should list it on

http://www.boattraderonline.com/ also. You will reach a national market, and guys looking in the wakeboard boat category, not just MC. I'm in Texas and sold a v-drive last summer. I had serious buyers in Utah and CO, but I sold to a guy an hour away who got here first. I don't think any other boat site has their numbers.