PDA

View Full Version : Dsve Ramesy

kdr
01-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Anyone listen to Dave Ramsey? I am listening right now and he just said that he owns a Mastercraft because it is the boat in the world. I just thought that was awesome. I now have one more reason to trust the man.

BIGBADBLUE
01-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Anyone listen to Dave Ramsey? I am listening right now and he just said that he owns a Mastercraft because it is the boat in the world. I just thought that was awesome. I now have one more reason to trust the man.

Rumor on Center Hill Lake is that he is a barefooter. He has a place over there.

I have been listening to him for about 10 years. It was originally the Money Game and he had a partner. His concepts are sound and they work. Great stuff.

uncleboo
01-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I am ELP for Dave Ramsey. His house is on Tim's Ford Lake and he does have a Mastercraft.

Ric
01-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Hold on a minute...

Pay your bills
don't spend more than you make
save something now for use when you are too old to work.
I love my mastercraft

Can I be the millionare advisor now?

kdr
01-25-2007, 03:50 PM
What's an ELP?

kycat2007
01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
You should be able to edit your post under advanced to fix that I think.

I heard he had an xstar.

ELP means Endorsed Local Provider. They are endorsed by him to asy that they will work with you and teach you how to do small steps to big when it comes to investing in ROTH and insurance etc.

I wonder if he bought it used or new? He is always saying to buy experienced used cars etc. I am debt free except for my house and I believe in what he says mostly.

mattsn
01-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Endorsed Local Provider. These are financial, health, real estate people in your area who Ramsey calls "ELPs". My financial planner is an ELP and he did nothing special to become an ELP. It helps they get referrals.

Ramsey does have some good strategies, BUT --
He runs and ad where he tells you to always use a realtor when selling your home as they are "professional" and will make your sale quick and profitable.

Later, he will run an ad for getting legal forms online, including your WILL !! Now if selling your home takes a professional, I would also think the same advice would apply to having someone draft your will.

Ramsey is good, be he is alwo a very shrewd businessman who makes a great deal of money.

jimmer2880
01-25-2007, 06:49 PM
I have been listening to him for about a year. Sounds like solid advice. However, I have not been able to go 100% his ways as far as 0 financing. working on it, but not as hard as he probably thinks I should.

JEREMY79
01-25-2007, 07:11 PM
My wife and I both have been listening to him for about 3 years. My mom and dad are also listeners. Nikki and I use the principles and they do work. He gives good advice.

Footin
01-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I have been listening to Dave for a few years and his plans work.

It is because of Dave's words I can now yell: I'M DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!

atlfootr
01-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I have been listening to Dave for a few years and his plans work.

It is because of Dave's words I can now yell: I'M DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!His FPU is com'n to my area next week, I'm think'n about sign'n up for it.
http://www.daveramsey.com/radio/home/index.cfm?FuseAction=dspContent&strMode=dspShowArchives

JEREMY79
01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
you will enjoy it. My wife and I have been to 2 live events. Good stuff